Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:13:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Champ Builds etc. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champ Builds etc.  (Read 30654 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: December 30, 2009, 10:57:28 PM

Step 1. Go to LoL forums.
Step 2. Look at the most recent top 500 ELO.
Step 3. Look up the top ten players.
Step 4. Look at their Udyr Builds.
Step 5. Udyr is boring as hell.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #36 on: January 04, 2010, 09:59:32 AM

Been playin a lotta Sivir lately and I have to say, don't go mass dmg like a lot of the folks here are talking about.  It's good, but better is attack speed and lifsteal because of her bounce...she'll get life steal on each bounce of her Ricochet.

So I go:

Meki -> Chalice
Zerker Greaves
Malady
Wit's End or Last Whisper depending on caster enemies or tank enemies
Stark's
Survivability item to finish...usually Guardian's

As long as you either engage in a) team fights against multiple enemies, or b) single target with creeps nearby you can turn on Ricochet and your bounce gets you so much life as you fight with a boomerang tossed in MOST champs can't do much against you.  If my K+A/D ratio isn't 3:1 it was a bad game...even when we lose.

For summoner skills I generally go clarity + flash for lane-staying power and escapability.  Between your shield, ult and flash it's pretty hard to pin Sivir down to kill her even though she is squishy.  If you're having a lot of probs with ganks, get cleanse or heal on top of flash instead of clarity and trust potions to keep you going.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 06, 2010, 12:50:40 PM

My extremely simple Rammus build that seems to be working really well for me:

Ninja Tabi
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape/Thornmail (Depends on if they are heavy in the melee department)
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape, etc.

You get the idea.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #38 on: January 06, 2010, 01:40:10 PM

NO! BAD Rammus!

That build is ridiculously expensive and hilariously inefficient. Sunfire Capes are complete trash (compare the combine cost + benefits to the ingredients. You pay 1,000 gold for a bad, magic-resistance reduced, 200 range aura that does pitiful damage. Don't buy them.

Here are a few rammus options I have seen people use

(I use this one myself)
Regrowth->Philo Stone
Boots->Tabi
Heart of Gold
Aegis of the Legion / Thornmail
Banshee's Veil

Ninja Tabi
Warmogs
Thornmail
Banshee's Veil
Atma's Impaler
Trinity Force

(Against a heavy caster team)
Meki -> Chalice
Boots -> Merc
Catalyst
Aegis
Banshee's
Guardian
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #39 on: January 06, 2010, 02:43:39 PM

I got my twitch back. been raping face with avarice blades buildup to massive crit.

Any other ideas? I am trying out crazy stuff with him.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 06, 2010, 02:57:51 PM

I got my twitch back. been raping face with avarice blades buildup to massive crit.

Any other ideas? I am trying out crazy stuff with him.

I have a full tier 3 crit chance book. So, I go in with 20%. I then grab a Phantom Dancer and an Infinity Edge. At that point, I crit pretty much constantly. Just grab some Bloodthirsters after that if the game is still rolling.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 06, 2010, 03:00:08 PM

NO! BAD Rammus!

Eh. I find it's a nice mix of armor and health. Plus, your cape basically farms for you. I like it, but I'll try some other builds to see how those work.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #42 on: January 06, 2010, 09:40:01 PM

I saw a Rammus go AP once, if you want to get really crazy.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 06:27:52 AM

I saw a Rammus go AP once, if you want to get really crazy.

Tried that once, it didn't go so hot heheh

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #44 on: January 13, 2010, 01:34:00 AM

Doran's shield + health potion

Lane to 950 — berserker's greaves

Lane to 750 — avarice blade

Lane to 750 — avarice blade

At 1050 — Recurve Bow

Etc: Finish Wit's End

At 1850 — B.F. Sword

At 2300 — Finish Infinity Edge

Etc: Replace Doran's Shield with desired higher-level item

Etc: Replace Avarice Blade with desired higher-level item

Etc: Replace Avarice Blade with desired higher-level item. is the game honestly still going on by now?

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: January 13, 2010, 06:26:56 AM

Hey look confirmation that deciding to not really play LoL anymore until some stuff gets fixed was the right decision.  awesome, for real  RIOT is going to run this potentially great game into the ground at this rate.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
schild
Administrator

Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 07:03:43 AM

Twitch
Spray and Pray Cooldown increased to 105/90/75 from 90/75/60
Spray and Pray Attack Speed reduced to 40/60/80 from 60/100/140
Twitch has new updated particles

:( Did you do that under the attack speed reduction?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 07:15:03 AM

Twitch
Spray and Pray Cooldown increased to 105/90/75 from 90/75/60
Spray and Pray Attack Speed reduced to 40/60/80 from 60/100/140
Twitch has new updated particles

:( Did you do that under the attack speed reduction?

None of those even seem like the needed changes.  I guess the 60% speed nerf at max level is pretty big but it needs a range nerf or a nerf to the ability to go through multiple targets.  Or they need to fix how stupidly stealth works.  Does Riot even play the game?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
schild
Administrator

Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 07:30:28 AM

Having played with a few of them, I can say yes.

Having played with a few of them, I can say "not super well."
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 10:27:17 AM

They do need to address either:
The range, the 100% attack penetration or the fact that it gives out item effects on each hit to all people it hits.

The attack speed debuff is meaningful the cooldown debuff is not but until one of those 3 things is removed Twitch is still OP.  I'm just not sure how much the attack speed debuff matters though considering how quickly you can stack attack speed in LoL.  At best he might only be as OP as TF currently is with gate + ult + goldcard locked, which is to say amazing against anything but good-great coordinated teams.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #50 on: January 13, 2010, 11:27:17 AM

Well, having been with the dev process since nearly the beginning with them, their mentality pre-release was to over nerf things, and then bring it back up to snuff...now they're trying to be more cautious.  Nerf something a bit, see how it goes, then nerf it more.  I DOUBT that this is the last nerf that Twitch will have coming to him.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #51 on: January 13, 2010, 02:39:18 PM

The attack speed debuff is meaningful the cooldown debuff is not

It's the reverse for me. The attack speed debuff is the meaningless one for me, since I'm practically capping that out well before the level 3 ult. Whereas the cooldown increase will annoy me. A tiny bit.

Neither one really addresses the issue of what makes twitch terrifying in all leagues of play.

I went 26/0 in a game where I built three tiamats just for the fuck of it. When you spray-and-pray, Tiamat splashes on everything it hits. I one-shotted a Cho'Gath because he was in a big lane of creeps.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 02:43:02 PM by Samprimary »
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #52 on: January 13, 2010, 02:45:03 PM

Well, having been with the dev process since nearly the beginning with them, their mentality pre-release was to over nerf things, and then bring it back up to snuff...now they're trying to be more cautious.  Nerf something a bit, see how it goes, then nerf it more.  I DOUBT that this is the last nerf that Twitch will have coming to him.

Yeah, it's easy to sark them but this is the more reasonable option. Given twitch's frailty, it would be pretty easy to overnerf him into uselessness at high levels of play.

Though his scrub-killing abilities would remain potent, thus 8,000,000,000 nerf twitch threads continue.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #53 on: March 10, 2010, 07:21:48 AM

Sooooo....Nasus....

Played my first game as him yesterday and I was impressed (though it was a prac game). I liked the feel of him and was kinda neat to actually play a character that fucked people up one on one. So, on to builds....here is what I went with

Meki + 2 hp ---> Chalice
Merc treads
Sheen
Last Whisper
Blood thirster
Infin maybe

Soul Shroud
Trinity seems like it would be natural to build with the sheen
How do you like building/playing your Nasus? More CD reduction? Lifesteal? Damage? Auras
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:26:48 AM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: March 10, 2010, 02:18:17 PM

I really like playing Nasus, always have.  Sheen is first alwaya, after that..whatever works!  I've always felt Starks is a good fit becuase you stay up in fights, you are in the middle in fights and you benifit from every part of it.  It depends a lot but my build often goes Sheen-Boots-Aegis-Starks-Thirster

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: March 10, 2010, 02:26:05 PM

We were talking about boots the other night too.  It seems the better teams and team makeups you play against the more merc. Treads become the standard no matter who you are playing.

Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 05:45:00 PM

I'm still pretty new to Nasus, but I've been playing with both AD builds and AP builds. I tend to go AP if they are heavy on ranged heroes and AD otherwise. Either way I go sheen first, then merc or berserker boots. I pick up Aegis if I need some defense or charge on to Bloodthirster or mejai's. I solo queue so it's pretty rare for me to see people actually buy armor, so I generally don't need Last Whisper. Then I shoot for cooldown reduction so I can spam either the Siphon Strike or his AOE attack.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: March 11, 2010, 06:13:31 PM

Is there a reason not to stack attackspead on Sivir ? I just saw someone with a fairly high lvl (25ish) going for straigt damage. He failed miserably.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: March 11, 2010, 06:26:22 PM

Is there a reason not to stack attackspead on Sivir ? I just saw someone with a fairly high lvl (25ish) going for straigt damage. He failed miserably.
Soft cap is 2.5. Getting to that with an attack speed book is trivial (costs less than 8,000 gold, which is easy to farm out with Sivir). Starks -> Malady -> Recurve bow + Runes will generally get you there. I get Starks, then rush Infinity Edge and then worry about the rest.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #59 on: March 12, 2010, 10:04:29 AM

I was actually chided hard for rushing Starks and told to go for BloodThirster instead.  I have to say I think there is some wisdom to that.

-William Gibson
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: March 16, 2010, 02:53:08 PM

With Sivir, seems like the thing of late is rushing thirster for the mid-game creepage, easier ganks, and life regen.  Her glaive rapes with this.  Begin with a Chalice usually of course, but get it AFTER the scepter+1 pot since you really wont be using much mana (since you'll be using ricochet only) and boomerang is to be lvled/used midgame, not at the beginning. 
Starks has been the gg-Iwin moment if you can keep your team in line and especially so if you can con someone into getting Aegis.

If I'm on a team that wont benefit from Starks then I go Malady unless the opposing team is stacked with armor.  At this point, Sivir can stand up solo vs. most as long as you dont turn and run or get stunned/nuked.  Inf. edge becomes the last item as imo. it's too expensive for what you get mid-game and wont help your team as much as thirster+starks.  Actually, it's probably better to grab a frozen mallet instead of the inf. edge.... or at least a phage.

Lately I've been sneaking Guardian's Angel in there after I get the Starks.... it tends to keep the heat off for the inevitable focus.  And since you go starks it's more important to be up and in the fight than doing dmg. or just living long enough to pill.

The smart money is on rally or flash and tport.

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: March 16, 2010, 05:39:17 PM

So. This is how I build Twitch.

I go for a full attack speed runebook, might add armor penetration later on.

I usually pick exhaust and heal (I know, Rally should be better but I usually use it to heal between fights)

Skills: Ambush, Expunge, Venom, Expunge, Expunge, S&P, Expunge, Ambush,Ambush,Ambush,Ambush Venom .....

Items: Vamp.Scepter, b.o. mobility, Madred's Bloodrazor, Phantom Dancer, Infinity Edge, Blood Thirster

Works rather well in PUG games, I have yet to test it in serious business games.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #62 on: May 21, 2010, 11:07:52 AM

Need builds for Nasus & Trist.

How should Trist be built differently than Ashe?  Seems like if you are maxing Q first you can worry less about attack speed but I also like to up her hitpoints a bit more because of the jump.

Nasus, god he can use pretty much every item, I've taken to building either a  giant's belt, 2xHOG or HOG + Aegis first so that I'm not too squishy and then looking up at how fights are going who we have who they have etc. I've used Omen, Ghostblade, Bloodrazor, Triforce, Lichbane etc. and its hard to say what is the most effective way to go.

-William Gibson
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #63 on: May 21, 2010, 11:27:52 AM

My standard build is Doran's Shield, Chalice, Merc boots, Aegis, and Sheen. I've been tempted to try an attack speed build with him to make more use of his ult, but I haven't tried it yet. It seems like the +200 to damage combined with 2 attacks a second could be devastating.
Astorax
Contributor

Reply #64 on: May 21, 2010, 11:39:18 AM

Need builds for Nasus & Trist.

How should Trist be built differently than Ashe?  Seems like if you are maxing Q first you can worry less about attack speed but I also like to up her hitpoints a bit more because of the jump.

Nasus, god he can use pretty much every item, I've taken to building either a  giant's belt, 2xHOG or HOG + Aegis first so that I'm not too squishy and then looking up at how fights are going who we have who they have etc. I've used Omen, Ghostblade, Bloodrazor, Triforce, Lichbane etc. and its hard to say what is the most effective way to go.

Depends a LOT on the other team for Nassus...if they have slows but not stuns, you're fucking golden...go max dmg/attack speed/life steal.  Starks is AMAZING on him.  Starks + bloodthirster means you'll never die with your ult up.  I've gone toe to toe with 4v1 and come out with two of them dead and the others running for their life.  Sheen IS good on him as it procs with your Q so that it will hit really hard late game, but it's not a first-buy item for me for him since it won't really "count" until later in the game when your Q is stacked up.

If they DO have a goodly amount of stun, then you'll want a safety net defensive item.  Banshee's veil is good against stun teams, if they have a shitton of magic, force of nature is a good item to nab.  Wouldn't get warmog's (see a lot of nasus go warmog's) because it feeds too easily into the ready counter to nasus, which is a bloodrazor.  You don't want to stack your health...go for more life steal instead generally unless you see their dps stacking executioner's calling...then switch gear and armor/magic resist up.

Also, resist the urge to spam E to farm creeps early game...you need to be last hitting with Q, and it's harder to do if you're mashed up against their tower because you pushed their lane in too fast.

As for Tristana, do NOT go for attack speed first...your Q ability, even at just level 1/2 is up enough and gives you enough of an attack speed boost to wreck face, you won't need it.  Go straight for hard hitting.  I generally go phage right off the bat after a vamp scepter to slow 'em down (keeps them from chasing you down after you rocket jump away) and/or chase them down after you rocket jump on their head.  From their if you're getting your ass handed to you, finish the frozen mallet first...if you're not, then it depends...if you're REALLY kicking ass and taking names, grab a sword of the occult and stack it up, if you're doing mostly support kills, grab two BF swords, finish a black cleaver, finish a bloodthirster.  If you've got crit pages for runes/masteries, then an infinite edge is good too.  If the game's still going at that point, grab a wit's end or a last whisper depending on who you're against.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:41:00 AM by Astorax »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Champ Builds etc.  
Jump to: