Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:58:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Champ Builds etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Champ Builds etc.  (Read 30653 times)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

on: October 17, 2009, 12:46:44 AM

Anyone have enough experience playing any of these champs that they can offer up some build suggestions?

Sivir
Tryndamere
Corki
Malphite
Zilean

I've pretty much played Blitz to the point of absolute comfort, also he's apparently in Riot's super high price tier if the initial store release is to be believed.  Something like 40 wins to buy him w/ IP.  So time to start learning some other champs.  I know Corki is in that tier also but I enjoy having a spamable skill shot.

***  related but different ***

Ok, so I finally saw someone play Singed in a way that makes it believable that he's a top tier character, I can't explain it other then he was all over people the second they were out of escapes and he always had a poison cloud to fling you into.  Also he was throwing people a fuckton.  Like all over.  All the time.  It was nuts.  I expect that from anyone playing Singed from now on.

Here's the item build he was using.  I can tell you he was max'ing either fling or poison first.  I would have asked but he left chat too quickly.

philo stone, +3 boots, sunfire, warmog x2 -- like I said he was raping so this was his fed early build but still figured I'd save it somewhere.

TIA and stuff.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 06:47:35 AM

My singed is sick now.

I go
Health pendant
Boots 1
Catalyst the protector
Rod of Ages
Mercury Treads
Mejai's
Force of nature
Lich Bane
Zhonya's

Catalyst/Rod early game gives you lane staying power. Mid game Mejai's you really start putting the hurt on people. If it makes it to the end game, I have around 500 AP, which means fling and poison rape your face. Then a 600 point Lich Swing.  I have speed from boots, force, and lich. He can be a real carry to the finish.

Force makes you damn hard to kill, and this build has a shit load of MR (boots, Force, lich).
It's a touch squishy, but with ghost, MR, treads for slowdown reduction, and my speed, people end up eating poison before killing me on a chase. I absolutely love playing Singed.

Ghost/Teleport FTW

Tried Soraka last night. Even buffed she is MEH.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 12:24:17 AM

Yeah after some testing and talking to Bhodi it clearly wasn't the build which is pretty meh that made that Singed good but the player did an amazing job w/ that character, that's my current gold standard of Singe.

I've been working on Sivir myself and while I'm comfortable with skill build options I'm pretty undecided on Summoner Skills and totally lost on Item Build.  So far I've just followed the latest guide that good pretty good response on the forum but am I sure I can come up with something better.  I've been taking:

Start w/ Lifesteal
Stark's
Zerker Shoes
BF Sword
Agi Potion
Finish Infinity Edge

That is easymode for pub stomping but I "feel" its not a great build.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 08:55:06 PM

Any advice on early game leveling of Ryze?  I always seem to be behind with him.  Is it me or he just a slow leveler?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 09:11:21 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 09:05:14 PM

You must be doing something wrong, while he's fragile and might get forced back more often you shouldn't really be falling behind that means you are leaving too often or being out of range of minion kills.

-William Gibson
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 04:36:42 PM

Silvir and Tryndamere I can answer

Silvir

The key to silvir is the fact that she uses mana, you want life steal, and you reaaaaaaaaally need damage once mid game starts. Nothing worse than an autoattack silvir who does shits and giiggles for damage. So my recommended build pattern is

1.Mek pendant -> chalic or philospher stone
2.zerker boots (sounds redundant but I believe in maximizing your champs strengths as much as possible while still giving room to fill out weakness)
3.life stealing scythe of awesome -> blood thirster
4.life stealing scythe of awesome -> blood thirster or stark ferver
6.rage buy banshie veil so you become the ban of all casters...no serious

the game should be done by then but you can always get phantom dancer or start stacking support auras like the legion buff.

Tryndamere

Ragedyamere is crit, crit, crit, crit, maybe survivability. I for one do not believe tryndamere is a tank so the notion of him being initially built like a tank makes me sick. Be sure to jungle a lot in the beginning and don't be afraid to push lanes solo instead of joining the team fight (you are made for backdooring..)

1.brawler greeves -> avarice blades (you will stack 2-3 of these)
2. zerker boots or mercury trends (preference zerker boots, crit and crit often = dead champs)
3. assuming you have at least an avarice blade or 2 you can now grab life steal scythe (which you won't upgrade until...)
4. Inifnity Edge, this item defines your damage output, making you a crit death god. Sell avarice blades to build this bad boy. Or you can simply get a BF sword and crit cloak and wait it out. Doesn't matter if you have even a 1:2 kill/death you should be able to afford this.
5. Upgrade life steal to Stark Ferver or rage buy banshie veil.

Game is over by than.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 12:20:02 PM

I've been playing a lot of Amumu and enjoying it, and doing quite well with him.  My win/loss has improved considerably since I started playing him a bunch.  Build is simple.

Regrowth Pendant > Philosopher's Stone
Boots (usually treads)
Rod of Ages
Sunfire Cape
Sunfire Cape

Playing him so far he feels to me like a champion that is a bit weak and fragile early game, but just gets better and better the longer the game goes until he just wrecks team fights late game.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 12:24:55 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 12:36:26 PM

Yeah man, you're definetely a good Amumu.

I'm starting to bore a bit, I need to find me a good new champ.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 01:07:49 PM

I love playing Singed.  Even if hes a bit hard to play early game, especially if your paired off against a ranged jackass.

You still using that build Slayerik, or have you found something better?  Actually, any extra trips on using him would be nice.

Also, does anybody have any build ideas for Heimerdinger?  I've taken a strange glee if just pissing off entire opposing teams with him.  Oh the shit talking they throw out after chasing me into a bush to have 6 turrents rape them.   awesome, for real

I need to figure out a good strategy for late game though.  Gets tricky when the game gets more fluid, and heroes get strong enough to rape your turrets.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 01:08:45 PM

I need to figure out a good strategy for late game though.  Gets tricky when the game gets more fluid, and heroes get strong enough to rape your turrets.

Probably because Heimer is a terrible hero late game.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #10 on: November 30, 2009, 01:28:49 PM

Which is why I need a good strategy!

Or just piss the other team off so much several quite early, so we can kill them before we get to late game.  Thats actually happened twice now.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: November 30, 2009, 09:31:46 PM

I'm kinda liking the Banshee's on Singed. Nothing better than eating an ashe/warwick/gangplank ult or pistol shot.

I get the Banshee's from Catalyst, then build another catalyst for Rod. Then depending on how the game is going, you can go Mejai's or Force of nature.

This build is more about assists and initiating than my first build.

General advice: You are hard to kill, don't be afraid to get in the mix at half health. usually if you get a flip on someone, your teammates will kill them and you will squeak out alive. Get good at toggling poison early game and dont be afraid to use your ghost to run through minions at level 2 and poison/flip/gank someone that is too comfortable.

You goo can save lives. Use it to help friends escape...same with your flip at times. It can be offensive and defensive. Mid game, when you get the chance try to sneak off and poison down a lane, you will tear through minions and make good cash. Don't stick around too long, and have at least your ult up, or ghost, before getting too crazy. Make people chase, obviously.

DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 07:21:23 AM

Which is why I need a good strategy!

Or just piss the other team off so much several quite early, so we can kill them before we get to late game.  Thats actually happened twice now.

Heimer is a terrible late game hero which will make you raaaaaaaaage quite. If you want to help your team aura stack like crazy. Oh and a soul stealer will generally help you and your turrets hit harder. Besides that you really want to be unorthodox, if you team is pushing mid, try to set up turrets to cut off advancing creeps on another lane. That way the enemy tower gets blown up due to minion swarm AND you farm gold at the same time. Of course you can deploy your turrets on the lane your team is fighting, but you must think outside the box. for example if your at the tower right before the inhibitor you have two options, place your turrets to the far right or left side. Why? Players tend to hug the tower especially the mid tower on the right side. Placing your turrets along the far sides of the wall allows you to take out blocking creeps and pushes the enemy away from the tower or at the very least out of attacking range of your allies. Also setting your stuff up on the side means they must come at you when they push out instead of heading straight down in a straight line. Another important option is setting up turrets along your escape route. While it doesn't help your teammates push the tower it allows an important fallback line and also allows you to keep pressure on the lane despite your team being in full retreat. While that fallback line probably won't be held, by having it you saved your team a game ending death or two or even scored a kill. Where you place the line is ideally in the bushes by the second tower (this works if that tower is dead or not and works best in mid lane). You can block the right side or left side though the right is easier, though if you block the left you cut off access to lizard buff (Well assuming your opponent is going down mid lane). If all outer towers and some inhibitors are down you can start placing towers inside base, the only important thing is to cut off creep advances.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 09:03:41 AM

Twitch is just ridiculous.  How is he remotely fair?  On my first practice with Twitch, game I went 6/13 (against lvl 20s).  If a scrub like me can do that, it's no wonder that I keep seeing games were Twitch slaughters everyone with impunity.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:28:32 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Krushchev
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 09:08:11 AM

6/13 is more than 2:1 death:kill ratio, so how's that remotely good? Twitch is also incredibly easy to counter. Get oracles and/or wards, target him early game and in team fights, and it's GG Rat!
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 09:13:54 AM

I am horrible and this a first try, my normal first trys are usually 0/9 affairs.

"Me am play gods"
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #16 on: December 10, 2009, 09:47:00 AM

He really only has one trick and it only works if he doesn't get involved in the fight until its practically decided.  More often then not against good opposition Twitch isn't a help he's a liability.

-William Gibson
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: December 10, 2009, 10:06:06 AM

I need neither wards nor oracles to kill a twitch. Maybe Eva however is a different story. Basically fighting a twitch come down to recognizing where a character can pop you with impunity and not roaming around with no support at 50% health unless you max health is at the 3k+ range. Stealth just makes it look like twitch is coming out of no where, most players panic when a stealther pops up and die in their panic. Eva however will outright kill you when she pops up and there is very little you can do about it.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 04:24:24 PM

So this build seemed to work for Tryn

Probably could of cut down to 2-3 deaths but it's too much fun diving into their spawn to kill or starting 5v1 fights to see how many I can kill at that point.

awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 04:37:18 PM by Thrawn »

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #19 on: December 18, 2009, 08:15:48 AM

My win/lose went positive for the first time with DPS teemo.  If I could just figure out how to handle Assassin heavy teams, I'd be *unstoppable*.  Veigar is my backup in case Teemo is taken, but I still haven't figure get consistent kills with him.  But he still works well any way with lots of assists and godly lane control.  I want to play Annie, but I feal that she is weak.  Muttled between tank and mage, but very fun to play.

"Me am play gods"
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: December 18, 2009, 08:31:36 AM

Annie isnt weak...just dont die early and get a kill or two and she can beast people with her stun-o-bear alt.

Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 18, 2009, 06:58:20 PM

A nice Sion build I've been using lately. I've only used it in 3 or 4 games, but I've done pretty well in them:

Vampiric Scepter
Boots -> Boots of Swiftness
Upgrade your Vampiric Scepter into a Malady
Phantom Dancer

At this point, you're already going to be doing pretty damn nice damage by focusing on keeping Enrage maxed. It gives you max health everytime you kill something with it and boosts your damage output really nicely. It uses a little health, but with Malady, you're getting that back with every swing. Drop a point into your shield just to have to absorb damage, but ignore it for a while after that. Use your stun as the alternate skill when your enrage can't be raised. Keep your ult maxed. Pop your ult in a crowd and you can tear some people up and stay at full health. If they start running, stun 'em.

Infinity Edge is a good way to finish this off and if you still have time?
Frozen Mallet

You'll have decent health as the game goes on because you're constantly slaughtering things with enrage up. You aren't a tank, but you're very scary on the DPS end and pretty damn beefy to boot. I know most Sion's focus on using their shield, but I basically ignore it except to absorb damage in a big fight. I don't use it as a weapon as much unless the opportunity is plainly obvious.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 18, 2009, 07:43:36 PM

The only scion, is AP scion.
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 18, 2009, 08:21:07 PM

The only scion, is AP scion.

If you try it, you won't be disappointed.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: December 18, 2009, 09:19:12 PM

I understand vamperic scythe though personally I would go

Frozen mallet
zerker boots (though swiftness is a good alt, I generally get buy without it)
vamperic scythe -> stark fever

From here I might finish it off with a good old atam's impaler and watch me crit with my ult up (sweet justice). Your build doesn't sound too half bad though. I really like AP scion for several reasons, one being that Scion is one of the few champs with a 1:1 AP scaling which applies for his shield and stun.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009, 01:02:49 AM

He really only has one trick and it only works if he doesn't get involved in the fight until its practically decided.  More often then not against good opposition Twitch isn't a help he's a liability.

Twitch's job in high level play (i.e., when you're not fighting against scrubs who never counter his invisibility) is based on the effectiveness of his slow. Through midgame you act as a catalyst for other player's DPS. Your allies always initiate; you then pop your ult and splash four or five stacks of poison on the opposition. Then, you do the AoE slow. Every enemy on the screen now has their movespeed utterly dicked for five seconds or so. It absolutely makes the kill.

Now, against a good team, this means using the ult to attack with impunity from a safe distance. If it's NOT a good team or they let you farm some cleave damage (which does ridiculous things paired with spray and pray) then just go around and gank. Otherwise, you're crowd control.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 08:31:10 AM

So I've taken to playing the free champs just to understand the passives/abilities a little better.  My discoveries from last week's rotation were limited because it ended suddenly.

Nasus and TF are OP.  I have played a lot of OP champs (Blitz w/ 3sec silence, Corki 2 patches ago) so I feel I can tell.  Those two champs are rediculous.

I couldn't lock a gold card consistently in my first game as TF, that was annoying but still the map control is just dumb and his two attack abilities are really good.  Wild card range is retarded.

Anyone got a build for Nasus I can use as a starting point once they release a skin for him?  I hate the default skin but he's just so good that I'm going to have to buy him.

Out of the current rotation I'm really liking Nunu, blood boil buffing just turns fights so hard, anyone have thoughts on this item build:

Nunu Item Build:
1.HP Ruby
2.Build catalyst and boots
For boots I go swiftness unless I feel forced to get merc treads because they have a rammus a fiddle or 20 stuns.
3.Start lich bane w/ AP rod
4.Finish lich bane and banshee's
Which order obviously depends on how the game is going and how quickly I'm making gold.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 08:37:03 AM by Hoax »

-William Gibson
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #27 on: December 28, 2009, 07:15:07 AM

I'm figuring out sivir enough to know that I don't really care about her frailty as much anymore. It's her goddamned mana. Whether or not she can farm her lane early is pivotal, and she eats through her available mana at a prodigal rate. Even being able to hair-trigger mana shield on spells only helps so much.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #28 on: December 28, 2009, 08:18:56 AM

I play Sivir pretty much exclusively these days. I finally found a hero I am good with.

For Summoner Spells, I go for Ignite+Ghost. You can switch up ignite for whatever you like. For masteries, I go down the attack tree to the end and then support. If you aren't high level, you don't really need to. The most important things to hit are the getting down to the +15% pen skill in attack tree and the +experience in the support tree. You can really stop at either of those.

Initial Item Build:
Meki Pendant + 2 health pots

First back, you should get
Chalice + Vampiric Scepter + Regular Boots

Then, ultimately, you should end up with 3 of these 4 items
Merc Treads OR +attackspeed Boots
Stark's Fervor
Bloodthirster
Frozen Mallet
Last Whisper

What items to get and in what order depend on your enemies and how you are getting harrassed / how ahead of the game you are / if you were able to solo. It's fluid, but I can give you some tips.

You'll want to get SOME lifesteal as soon as you can so you can solo neutral creeps (especially golem/lizard) and stay in lane longer. You get life steal on every bounce of your glaive, not just the first. That's why it's right after Chalice. It's more important than boots If you don't have enough on your first trip back to town. Once you have boots+chalice+scepter, you can stay in a lane / harass for a long time. You won't have to go back to town to "keep up". That goes double if you're slightly ahead and have Chalice, +attackboots, Stark's fervor - you'll easily have 3 or 4 thousand gold before you go back again.

If you're way ahead of the game and aren't forced back to town because of health, you might want to try for the bloodthirster first, or at least the BF sword. If you're doing a lot of teamwork, stark's fervor. If you're not doing as well and getting harrassed, think about building the health portions of the frozen mallet. If they've got a tank that's ruining everyone's day, get last whisper (though I rarely will build this before stark's fervor). If they've got a lot of stun or slow and are focusing you, get merc treads.

Remember that two stark's fervor don't stack with each other like most auras do - two on the same team is not worthwhile. You'll probably be the first to build it in any case but it's good to know.

Always try to get the solo lane. Be greedy because chances are you're better than the scrubs you are playing with. Also, being in solo lane allows you to clear the 2 creep spawns next to solo lane on the top and bottom (4 ghosts and 2 golem / 3 wolves).

If you're in a solo lane, after your first trip back to town (you have chalice), and once you're level 5 (level 3 glaive) you can start clearing the spawns between waves. This gets you a significant gold and experience advantage above and beyond solo lane which turns you into a mid-game powerhouse that's not only 1 or 2 levels above the average, but 3 or 4. Clear your creep wave as fast as you can with a glaive. When it pushes into their tower, back out and run around towards one of the free creeps. The golems are harder to solo with level 3 and you may want to wait until level 4 glaive (level 7) to try it.

To save time, you throw your glaive through the trees just before you round the corner, so that the return will travel through the wave as it comes to hit you. It's important to hit the creeps with both the launch and return glaive, so practice until you know just where and when to throw it. Every time you see the creep icon pop up, kill the creep wave fast and run back to clear the neutral spawn. If you're fast enough, you can get there and back before any of the creep wave has died.

You can solo the golem/lizard after about level 9 as long as you have life steal and an attack speed item. You CAN solo if you're full life and have lifesteal before this, but it takes so long it's not really worth it - better to be in a lane getting experience. Lizard is important to get if you didn't get Phage - pop your ult and ghost, and with the lizard buff, everyone on the field is a free kill if you've got a few levels on them from being solo.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 08:25:24 AM by bhodi »
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 06:17:36 AM

For Summoner Spells, I go for Ignite+Ghost.

blink blink blinkblinkblinkblink

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #30 on: December 29, 2009, 08:40:36 AM

Ghost, especially. Ignite, well, I haven't found a better spell to get free kills in the solo lane.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: December 29, 2009, 10:11:43 AM

And they're buffing ignite in the next patch to reduce healing.  awesome, for real

Your build looks pretty similar to what I run these days. If we're kicking ass I tend to go vampiric scepter -> BF Sword -> Starks to get my damage up faster. After my bloodthirster I've been throwing in a defense item to help be able to stay close to the gank fests for longer. Her range is so short that it's easy to get pulled into the clusterfuck.

My spells these days are flash for escaping and clairvoyance. No one else ever takes clairvoyance, but it is too useful to pass up. I just wish I was higher level so I could get the mastery for it.
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 12:13:09 PM

I've settled into teleport + flash for my sivir spells. teleport because I love uninterrupted farming, flash because it's ridiculously cool.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: December 30, 2009, 08:08:02 PM

I've been very happy and succesfull with my Alistar lately.

Runes - HP on everything except cooldown on blue.
Masteries - All the way down utility, rest in defense.
Summoner spells - Flash and Ghost (both improved with masteries)

Build -
Meki Pendant
lane until 1500g, pill and get
Chalice of Harmony
Boots of Mobility

then it varies depending on the team but usually go
Wardens Mail
then either
Frozen Heart/Aegis of the Legion/Banshees veil.

Usually by the time you get mail plus one of those items game is done since you don't make much gold with Alistar.

Skills -
Pulverize
Heal (You can take headbutt second if your lane isn't harrasing you at all, but usually you want it 2nd)
Headbutt

then usually prioritize Unbreakable Will>Pulverize>Headbutt&Heal
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:05:23 AM by Thrawn »

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #34 on: December 30, 2009, 10:43:14 PM

I'm looking for Udyr builds, if anybody sees any sick ones post them.

TIA

-William Gibson
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: Champ Builds etc.  
Jump to: