Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:24:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Ideal (most of a) Group Composition? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ideal (most of a) Group Composition?  (Read 14696 times)
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #35 on: September 23, 2009, 09:56:30 AM

A Champion trying to tank is much less fun and effective than a Guardian. Champ shines as melee dps, but is unfun work trying to tank. And a Champion in Glory (tanky stance) does less damage than a sword/board Guardian. Tanking in Fervour means working your Minstrel like a dog (yay -30% healing debuff) Champ is much more comparable to Hunter, with less cc/utility, and a bit more survivability. I've leveled all three to the cap or close, but ymmv.

LotRO really doesn't have classic classes. And Races don't matter except for racial traits, like the hourly +3000 self heal for Men. Which is fucking awesome and lifesaving. And worth killing hundreds of Hillmen for.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: September 23, 2009, 10:20:23 AM

I assume Men go to Bree, which doesn't seem to have much to recommend itself except its location...?

It has the auction house, which does help when you are trying to empty out the overstuffed bags. Other than that, yeah, not much to recommend itself.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37 on: September 23, 2009, 11:17:04 AM

There are auction houses in Michel Delving, Rivendell and Thorin's Hall.  In fact, the AH is right across from the Vault in Thorin's, making it my favorite place to park mules.  The AH in Bree-town is hell-and-gone from the Vault, plus the craft hall is inconvenient.  Best thing I can think is that the taxidermists work out of Bree, also the Guardian class guy is at the north gate.  Otherwise it's like the Atlanta airport. why so serious?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 02:20:10 PM

In fact, the AH is right across from the Vault in Thorin's, making it my favorite place to park mules. 

It is?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: September 23, 2009, 03:27:10 PM

In fact, the AH is right across from the Vault in Thorin's, making it my favorite place to park mules. 

It is?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Yup, plus the GM Forge in the north east corner and the GM work tables in the North West. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #40 on: September 23, 2009, 04:04:02 PM

So does Thorin's Hall also have superior workbenches for tailoring stuff? Because if it does...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

x 2.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #41 on: September 23, 2009, 04:04:54 PM

think so -- check the rep instanced area behind/near the waterfall
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #42 on: September 23, 2009, 04:12:50 PM

So does Thorin's Hall also have superior workbenches for tailoring stuff? Because if it does...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

x 2.

Last I checked the only thing it was missing was a superior study.  I believe it was patched in - but if not you can always hit up MD over in the Hobbit section.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: September 23, 2009, 05:00:40 PM

There's a superior workbench in the Thorin's Hall rep area. 
There's a superior study in the Michel Devling Mathom Socieity rep area.
I think there's something in the Men of Bree faction house also, but I can't remember what offhand.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #44 on: September 23, 2009, 06:54:37 PM

Can I get someone to throw me a refer-a-friend invite. I'm definately going to tool around with the trial and I also have the box. I could do a 10-day trial off their website or a 14-day trial off my own box, but I'd rather risk one of you lot getting a free month then no-one getting it.

I'll be online for awhile (on and off at least) so PM me then we can sort it out. Preference to the f13 regulars.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 24, 2009, 02:41:12 AM

Wardens have great flexibility as well as a nice bit of burst DPS with their  Javelins which can be plain sick from behind with wages of fear. but Wardens can lay down layers of DoTs (some with equal heals) and can keep a steady self heal going to provide survivability and at higher levels have group fear and a modest group heal/threat transfer to go with interrupts and their ability to remove some of the nastier enemy buffs and debuffs.

The only problem is keeping all the gambit combinations in your head, because one false step that's not picked up can lead to you having not much of anything and then you've got to clear on or all of them out and finish up which can be a pain when in the middle of a battle.

I love the Warden class in this game. It gives you the flexibility of having a ton of moves to use, while only requiring 4-6 actual buttons to press 90% of the time. Just building up the rhythm and sequence of attacks is very satisfying. It also seems very self reliant and is able to fit into required roles in a pinch when grouped. Even has enough ranged capability that you don't feel helpless if you can't melee for whatever reason.

I also love the overall theme of the class, the giant shield carrying woodsman warrior. Combines two of my most favorite things, being nature based and using a giant shield  Heart

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #46 on: September 24, 2009, 08:05:17 PM

no-one wants a free month?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #47 on: September 24, 2009, 09:06:13 PM

Yeah, I'll PM you a buddy key. I didn't get home and look at the box until now.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #48 on: September 30, 2009, 09:15:23 AM

Enjoying the Brad for the most part. Except when I heal it's a little dodgy, since the tank gets swarmed with mobs who all aggro me when I heal him. It's actually easier (and safer) to just play a DPS at this stage. and spam my heal button for the trait in downtime.

rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #49 on: September 30, 2009, 09:53:27 AM

Guardians don't get a lot of +threat stuff early on. None of the classes really get the tools they until around level 20 if I remember.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Ideal (most of a) Group Composition?  
Jump to: