Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:00:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: We Are Sony. We Like Pizza. Have Some. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We Are Sony. We Like Pizza. Have Some.  (Read 4302 times)
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

on: September 15, 2009, 07:17:59 PM

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 07:49:39 PM

Facepalm

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:56:03 PM

It's been one of the giant buttons and ads on the PS3 home page for at least a few weeks now.
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:12:53 PM

SOE was owned by Sony Pictures when they did the Pizza Hut thing.

This is the other Sony, SCEA.

It is, however, a bit hilarious that both companies went with different pizza companies. Surely they could've gotten the metrics in terms of success on the original /pizza. Though, maybe, there's a reason it's not Pizza Hut again.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:28:25 PM

I guess this is as good as place as any to ask.

What is the deal with SOE, SCEA, Sony Pictures and etc...

Aren't they all just "Sony" in the end? I don't understand corporations :(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 08:31:02 PM

It's been one of the giant buttons and ads on the PS3 home page for at least a few weeks now.

That would explain why the email was the first I had heard of it, then, since my browser has a different homepage.

Though, maybe, there's a reason it's not Pizza Hut again.

Papa John's is usually better than Pizza Hut.  That's my take on it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 08:36:05 PM by ahoythematey »
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 05:49:28 PM

I didn't need to see that Cinnapie while just starting my diet. Fuck. Stay strong...

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 12:28:56 AM

I didn't need to see that Cinnapie while just starting my diet. Fuck. Stay strong...

Here, this man is now your life coach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC1CUl4XcZc

you're not him! be strong!
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 04:32:56 AM

ACK!

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 04:58:55 AM

Papa John's is pretty good, an Indiana guy, and he knows the internet ordering can cut down on errors and overhead, so I order online way more than I do calling the store.  I can see him jumping on another way to get his pizza exposure and get more customers, plus it isn't bad pizza (bbq chicken on thin crust is awesome).
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 05:52:14 AM

I like the labored breathing.  If eating pizza rolls is kicking your ass that might be a sign that it's diet time. 
Goreschach
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 04:22:44 PM

The sad thing is that Kobayashi could probably knock those out in under a minute.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 04:59:06 PM

I like the labored breathing.  If eating pizza rolls is kicking your ass that might be a sign that it's diet time. 

This.  Jesus, I'm surprised he didn't have a fucking coronary on camera.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 05:02:05 PM

He calls it a challenge. I call it how he normally likes to eat.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 05:07:13 PM

I tried Papa John's once.  I don't know it if was a specific problem related to my local concession but it sure was the worst pizza I ever tasted. I took the pan crust and it tasted like fried cardboard.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:45:12 AM by Aez »
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 05:14:17 PM

We got a free one when we had pizza last week.  It tastes like crap but smells delicious.  Burn a cinnamon candle instead.

I tried Papa John's once.  I don't it if was a specific problem related to my local concession but it sure was the worst pizza I ever taste.  I took the pan crust and it tasted like fried cardboard.

Yes, their pan crust is terrible.  The regular pizza was pretty good when I was in college but has gone downhill in terms of ingredient quality, though.   It's not just a "you were in college, you thought any pizza was good" thing.  My parents ran a pizza shop and I learned good vs bad pizza.  They're using really shitty cheese and pepperoni, making it oily as hell now vs then.   Seems that all pizza companies that get large wind up down this road.  As a result I now try and order from mom & pop shops instead.  Too bad the recession has killed all of them locally.

John's  plain bread sticks are still good, though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 05:32:25 PM

Always thought Papa John's had the best pizza of all the places we ordered out for in college (except of course the really nice expensive places that charge $20 a pizza, obviously).

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 06:36:44 PM

Pizza once a week with friends we call every pizza around eventually, and definitely like Papa John's, especially because they were the first place to include garlic sauce to dip the crust into. Now I seem to get that from every pizza?

I think Papa Johns did and still does have one of the better pizza sauces from all of the chain pizza places, and I usually think their crust is softer. All of the chain pizzas (Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa) use crappy cheese imo. My friends prefer Dominos, and I cannot even stomach their Marinara sauce.

Papa John's is pretty good, an Indiana guy, and he knows the internet ordering can cut down on errors and overhead, so I order online way more than I do calling the store.  I can see him jumping on another way to get his pizza exposure and get more customers, plus it isn't bad pizza (bbq chicken on thin crust is awesome).
I do like the BBQ pizza from Papa John's but I've actually tried Dominos and could really enjoy their BBQ sauce more.

As far as websites, currently Dominos has probably the best one going, and Papa John's definitely fucks my order up every time it's an internet order... so cutting down on errors must depend on stupid teenage delivery people.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 06:55:25 PM

I guess this is as good as place as any to ask.

What is the deal with SOE, SCEA, Sony Pictures and etc...

Short answer, they are subsidiaries of the Sony parent company. Each company can put together it's own records, accounting, and management but they are more than 50% owned by the core Sony group. In practice, at the end of the year, accountants get together and take all the records of all your subsidiaries and form what's called "Consolidated Financial Statements."

Just imagine it like a big family living in different states, and then at the end of the year they take all of their money and give it to Dad so the government doesn't tax the shit out of them individually.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 10:11:10 PM

Shogun
Zaibatsu
Keiretsu

Mitsubishi companies

Core members

* 3 Diamonds Seafood Co.
    * Asahi Glass Co.
    * The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
    * Kirin Brewery Co., Ltd.
    * Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company
    * Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
    * Mitsubishi Estate Co.
    * Mitsubishi Motors (Automobile manufacturing and sales)
    * Mitsubishi Paper Mills, Ltd.
    * Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc.
    * Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd.
    * Mitsubishi Research Institute, Inc.
    * Mitsubishi Shindoh Co., Ltd.
    * Mitsubishi Steel Mfg. Co., Ltd.
    * Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group)
    * Mitsubishi UFJ Securities
    * Nikon Corporation
    * Nippon Oil Corporation
    * NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha)
    * P.S. Mitsubishi Construction Co., Ltd.
    * Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd.

Or: why Japan creates anime and games about massive corporations that rule everything and have been doing so for as long as they've been producing popular media.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:15:55 PM by Sheepherder »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: We Are Sony. We Like Pizza. Have Some.  
Jump to: