Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Hello Kitty Online Beta (Cute PCs Only) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello Kitty Online Beta (Cute PCs Only)  (Read 13866 times)
schild
Administrator

on: September 05, 2009, 01:55:59 AM

Finally, the Hello Kitty Online Beta. I've been waiting five years for this, so I may as well play it on day fucking one. It will go down as the second shortest amount of time that I have spent in an MMOG, 1st place prize still held by Vanguard. I lasted about 6 minutes in the latter and I lasted about 12 minutes in the former. Mostly because I got lost while I was fresh off the boat. Yea, you start as a FOB, so what? I had the plan of making an 8 year old little girl and entrapping predators with my doe eyes and a child's vocabulary. It was all going fine until my first quest, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sabrina is (or was) a blue eyed, blue haired member of the Hello Kitty Aryan Army. Don't question it, aryans have blue hair in animu world. Ask your weaboo friend you won't take out in public if you don't believe me. ANYWAY, I start making small talk in chat. I'm very nice about it and I use a lot of emoticons, because bitches love smileys and so do dirty old men, I think. Not that I ever found out and I definitely wouldn't know from experience.

I'm walking along, having to use the the world map because the minimap is completely and totally useless, and none of it is going well because the game maxes at 1024x768, so, to put it bluntly, I couldn't see shit. I wander to this tutorial guy or whatever and he's all "here's some green clothes, you blue-haired freak." And I'm like "thanks, talking animal." He's all "Go get 20 clovers" and I'm OK with this because I'm on a mission, not because I want to get 20 clovers. Nonetheless, I gave him a 'fuck you very much' and went to find clovers. Like any good MMORPG, the first quest is already inaccessible by anyone under the age of 12. I actually have to harvest 'shamrocks' to get 'clovers.' Now, I knew this because I'm not really a six year old girl (I just play one in MMOGs) but how many kids are really going to know this who don't hail from that country over yonder?

So I'm chatting it up and getting my 20 clovers. I got pretty pissed because I got a rare clover but then I realized it went towards my 20 clover quest, so I was pretty happy about that (the developers thought of everything!). By now I was talking about crafting in chat and people were complaining and using words like "grind" and "production" and I'm simply too young to understand these concepts. So I ask questions for clarification on nearly every single thing said in chat. It's nice to know that even in a game like this people can understand the idea of a grind. I keep pounding away with the questions though, because they kept saying things that are obviously totally foreign to me. What can I say, I'm an inquisitive little girl. An inquisitive little girl that types way too fast, maybe I gave myself away with that.

Then people start talking about the word filter and shit and chat is getting pretty boring. Then someone drops the word religion and I'm already hating my little experiment. Frankly, I don't want to deal with the politics forum in a game designed for prepubescent girls, even though ours sometimes mirrors that exact situation. No worries though, after I get this quest I'm going to beat the shit out of some oblong creatures with faces that I saw on the beach while walking down to this little pissant of a quest giver.

So I turn in my 20 clovers, and the little animal is all "hey bitch, great job, here's some eggs now go get me 15 rare clovers."

NO. I WILL NOT PLAY THIS. I WILL NOT PLAY IT IN A HOUSE, I WILL NOT PLAY IT WITH A MOUSE. I WILL NOT GIVE THIS ANY EFFORT, I WILL NOT PLAY IT TO ENTRAP PERVERTS.

But is it fun? Well, that depends. How bored did you get this summer? As far as I can tell, they didn't nerf the entire playerbase on launch day.

Also, everything was pink. EVERYTHING. But it's not cute, the art is terrible.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 02:01:56 AM by schild »
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 02:22:38 AM

So, answer to is it fun?  NO

Is Schild pathetic, bored and needing to find gainful employment as a replacement to crappy pseudo games with cute Asian IPs?

YES

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 02:28:40 AM

So, answer to is it fun?  NO

Is Schild pathetic, bored and needing to find gainful employment as a replacement to crappy pseudo games with cute Asian IPs?

YES
Why are you trolling me? Did all your friends die this week or something? Do you need a hug, guy?
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009, 07:30:48 AM

1. Fuck Martinis, get a Gibson, or don't bother.

2. Tanquerey 10 =  Heart

3. Gin is an acquired taste

4. I am seriously drunk, and can validate all three of the above + two long island ice teas.

There's a special place in hell for pussies who can't hold their liquor ONLINE.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 10:09:18 AM

Posting drunk is frowned upon... Who'da thunk it?

I also fail to see how it's trolling if I repeated most of what you said in 7 paragraphs in two very compact lines of <50 words.

Oh it was the pathetic part? or the unemployed part?

Seriously Hello Kitty? yes on pathetic, and I can only assume being out of work would result in enough boredom to try this.

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2009, 10:10:03 AM

You're not paying attention.  Troll less, read more.

-Rasix
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009, 10:40:53 AM

Target audience: 40 year old weeaboo males. What the fuck girlchild is going to chat about MMOG mechanics and troll religion in general chat?

Prepubesent girls are playing Nancy Drew.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: September 05, 2009, 12:58:49 PM

You would SO play it with a mouse!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #8 on: September 05, 2009, 02:07:03 PM

This is shittier than my diarrhea post.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #9 on: September 05, 2009, 02:54:56 PM

I'm down with teh cuteness. Fuck you haters.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: September 05, 2009, 03:36:15 PM

This is shittier than my diarrhea post.
You don't get to judge. Anything, really.

I'm down with teh cuteness. Fuck you haters.
It's not cute, that was part of the problem.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 04:05:24 PM by schild »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Hello Kitty Online Beta (Cute PCs Only)  
Jump to: