Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:08:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Free to Play is sorta live 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free to Play is sorta live  (Read 71101 times)
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: September 21, 2009, 05:01:06 PM

Does anyone even type anymore?

I think this is what makes every MMO I play lately into a vapid gaping chasm, is that no one even types anymore, and it's like a solo game.

I personally mostly only type in guild only.  More often than not if I want to talk to someone in DDO, I form a party with them and just use the in game voice chat.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 05:28:24 PM

I like typing. I hate voice chat. It keeps me from listening to music or just enjoying the silence of my flat. Text is easy to ignore (for everyone involved) and overall results in less mental fatigue than having people blab into my ear all night.

Sadly few people nowadays seem to share my opinion. sad

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 05:59:41 PM

I'm the same. I only use voice in vent with people I know. The DM voice is loud enough to interrupt voice chat, as is combat. Just to add to that, the voice chat quality in DDO is horrendous. Few people seem to use voice chat in groups, so it's all good for me.

I don't get what you are saying about no one typing tao. I see general chat flooding past all the time when I bother to switch to the tab.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: September 21, 2009, 07:17:59 PM

General chat yes, but I wouldn't consider that exactly easy to understand, or is more like a help channel.

I was more referring to walking up to someone and typing to them? I'm talking about local, and whisper, and honestly the tabs are part of why people don't see chat.

I also prefaced the other comment about people typing because I want to roleplay. Typing out a chat response that isn't just numbers or inane discussions of other MMOs. In nearly every MMO or beta, people I did have who typed back would ask me about other games? How do you respond to that in character, roleplaying? If I ever group in DDO, want to bet what gets asked?

I am a different type of MMO gamer, and did MUDs back before there were graphics because of the typing in character chat, that most of the time was much more fun and laughs than just rinse, repeat, grunt, rinse, repeat... I want to like MMOs but they are all making me feel like I'm soloing even when I'm in groups sometimes.

I also was researching and messing with emotes, but barely anyone even uses those.

That's what I mean by typing, and voice chat makes it worse MMO wise. IMO YMMV

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: September 23, 2009, 03:22:31 AM

Welp.

Whatever the last patch did fucked me over. I think I'm down to about half the fps I was at before the patch (even if I turn absolutely every setting down, I'm still below what I was getting), and I'm rubber-banding all over the place. Bonus: it's hard to find any groups over level 7. Makes me not really want to play. I'll check back in from day to day, but if it doesn't clear up soon, fuck it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #75 on: September 23, 2009, 09:13:33 AM

If you spend any amount of money on Turbine Points, your account becomes "premium" and two character slot open up.

It's easy to get the first sigil with free points, so level 8 will be wall as far player population goes.   And Canneth doesn't have any legacy characters to group with.

"Me am play gods"
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: September 23, 2009, 10:29:06 AM

I got the thing that lets me level to 8 as a quest reward. I was doing the library quest you get on that little island in the harbour.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #77 on: September 23, 2009, 12:37:22 PM

I forgot about that. Were you level 4 at the time?

I wish gold seal henchies would drop every once in a while.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 12:40:57 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: September 23, 2009, 02:22:58 PM

Nope I was level 3.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #79 on: September 28, 2009, 08:52:13 AM

OMG YOU FUCKERS DITCHED ME ALREADY.   Ohhhhh, I see.

This game is hard even when have a good group. Still too much scumming though.  Shrine fights and "revive 'n' runback" is weak even if you don't get the same xp.

Mythril Plate of Speed is love.

I also won a sigil for a lvl 3 cleric.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:00:07 AM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #80 on: September 28, 2009, 10:49:13 AM

I got distracted by a new shiny. I've been in and out pretty randomly, usually to run a single dungeon and then log out.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: September 28, 2009, 12:21:39 PM

I'm not finding the game to be much fun. I'm completely unsurprised that they couldn't maintain a playerbase of people paying 15 dollars a month.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #82 on: September 28, 2009, 01:35:48 PM

It's fine Ard.  I was complaining for tradition's sake.  I doing pretty good with PUGs and soloing older missions when I can't find a group. 

"Me am play gods"
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: September 28, 2009, 03:14:44 PM

Pretty sure I went on record that the Bat Country wasn't the smartest idea  Ohhhhh, I see., given how most of us are ADD prone these days when it comes to MMOs.  I'll leave it open for anyone that wants though, since I'm going to continue to play it to get my random dungeon crawler fix when my wife is otherwise distracted.  I'll just keep upgrading everyone to officer when I log on.  That said, I might very well start playing again more regularly since she's just started school again in an accelerated program, and fuck if I'm going to play Aion by myself.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #84 on: September 29, 2009, 08:41:54 AM

Cannith was full again last night.  No queue, just error and back to desktop.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS  I wonder why a completely instanatized game has pop cap.  Put a few more gerbils on the wheel and lets get this baby moving.

"Me am play gods"
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #85 on: October 02, 2009, 08:59:37 AM

Patch went out yesterday.  People with technical issues may wish to try again.

"Me am play gods"
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 02, 2009, 04:12:01 PM

Will do at some point tonight, thanks for the heads up.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Free to Play is sorta live  
Jump to: