Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:33:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: just got the August newsletter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just got the August newsletter  (Read 29981 times)
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 08:21:45 AM

Eh I'd sooner return to WAR than I'd try Aion. If only because for all its faults WAR is set in the Warhammer universe. And I don't know the lore or license very well, but the Aion setting is totally repugnant. If you actually like the Warhammer license, I imagine the choice is even clearer.

Even hard core dedicated warhammer fans I know have left or are leaving, its that bad.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: September 03, 2009, 08:24:58 AM

Even hard core dedicated warhammer fans I know have left or are leaving, its that bad.

Everyone I played DAoC with and moved to WAR with is gone.  Everyone.  None of them even discuss WAR.  They just left the game with no hope of ever returning.  Some fled to Aion.  Some back to WoW.  Some just gave up and are playing consoles and PC FPS games. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 08:07:48 PM

Everyone I played DAoC with and moved to WAR with is gone.  Everyone.  None of them even discuss WAR.  They just left the game with no hope of ever returning.  Some fled to Aion.  Some back to WoW.  Some just gave up and are playing consoles and PC FPS games. 

This, definitely.

Never seen quite the level of complete and fairly quick abandonment as all my friends playing WAR quitting en mass only a few months into release, never to return or even be tempted to.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 12:34:28 PM

is Warheap still active or accurate?  http://warheap.com/servers/
waylander
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 01:05:41 PM

is Warheap still active or accurate?  http://warheap.com/servers/

If it is then War is in some deep trouble because Dark Crag and Volkmar are going to be losing a lot of people to AION later this month.

Lords of the Dead
Gaming Press - Retired
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 08:18:46 PM

If it is then War is in some deep trouble because Dark Crag and Volkmar are going to be losing a lot of people to AION later this month.

I realize that maybe as many as thirty or forty people may have claimed to be migrating to Aion, but GODDAMMIT STOP SAYING THIS.  It's like watching lifeboats from the Titanic get picked up by the Lusitania.

edit: fixed spellin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:21:09 PM by Kail »
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: September 05, 2009, 10:19:29 PM

I realize that maybe as many as thirty or forty people may have claimed to be migrating to Aion, but GODDAMMIT STOP SAYING THIS.  It's like watching lifeboats from the Titanic get picked up by the Lusitania Bismarck.

Just a feeling.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: just got the August newsletter  
Jump to: