Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:55:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who's Still Playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's Still Playing?  (Read 12984 times)
dEOS
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: January 21, 2005, 07:09:05 AM

There is a point where you need a good SG to keep playing. Dealing with pickup teams is refreshing once in a while but you don't want that to be the common denominator.

d

CoH - Freedom
WoW - EU Servers - Sargeras [French-PvP]
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #36 on: January 21, 2005, 05:10:09 PM

I think the thing that really did me in was the fact that in order to advance, you had to kill a lot of mobs, an inordinate number of mobs. Even with no debt and soloing missions, my xp simply crawled along, and seemed even slower when I grouped. I even loved the idea of no inventory or economy, in theory....I use to argue with my friends over this, but I do now have to agree; there Is something about loot that makes some mmo's more interesting.

Eventually, my sessions could be boiled down to me running out to a mission, killing all the junk, running back to the contact, rinse and repeat. That's just not fun to me. =/

PS: Damnit, I lost my screenshot of my toon with his fancy cape, in all his Daring, Death-Defying glory.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 25, 2005, 09:56:38 AM

I'm still on Victory.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #38 on: February 18, 2005, 09:28:27 AM

Bump.

Just reupped....anyone around in Freedom? Could really use competant people to play with.

Also, I semi-forget what I am supposed to be doing in-game.

Heh

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #39 on: February 18, 2005, 09:54:47 AM

Reroll on Victory for best chances. Bat Country is there, and the Morlock's SG as well. I just re-upped, not that I have much time to play. I keep waiting to hit that wall in WoW...and waiting...and waiting..
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: February 20, 2005, 03:12:58 PM

I just ordered a gametime code, I missed this game way to much.

See you on victory ...

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #41 on: February 21, 2005, 12:04:45 AM

It was strange on Victory tonight.  I was in Atlas Park with one of my newbie alts and there were all these very high level characters dead in a pile  around Ms. Liberty.  People were dancing and shouting and they said they were protesting incoming PvP.  I don't really know exactly what was going on.  They were making lag too awful so I logged out.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #42 on: February 21, 2005, 12:47:16 AM

Seriously?

Wow.

People are idiots.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #43 on: February 21, 2005, 06:35:56 AM

Someone told me they were using some sort of poison which I've never heard of.  It started with an "H",  I think.  I still don't know what they were doing and didn't find any info on the boards, though I didn't look very hard.  Someone named Ravenette was shouting GM baiting stuff.  Maybe her name was Rasinette... I'm not sure now.  I've been up all night.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: February 21, 2005, 09:32:58 AM

Bump.

Just reupped....anyone around in Freedom? Could really use competant people to play with.

Also, I semi-forget what I am supposed to be doing in-game.

Heh

I'm on Freedom.  Join the Bat Country channel and when you're on I'll shoot you an SG invite.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #45 on: February 21, 2005, 11:21:23 AM

It was strange on Victory tonight.  I was in Atlas Park with one of my newbie alts and there were all these very high level characters dead in a pile  around Ms. Liberty.  People were dancing and shouting and they said they were protesting incoming PvP.  I don't really know exactly what was going on.  They were making lag too awful so I logged out.

What... the... fuck?

Why would you protest PVP? It isn't as if you HAVE to engage in it, at all. You can happily avoid it like the plague? Are they giving mentally deficient children computers now?

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #46 on: February 21, 2005, 11:31:12 AM

Are they giving mentally deficient children computers now?

You don't really need an answer to that, do you?
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #47 on: February 21, 2005, 12:38:03 PM

What... the... fuck?

Why would you protest PVP? It isn't as if you HAVE to engage in it, at all. You can happily avoid it like the plague? Are they giving mentally deficient children computers now?

The only thing I can guess is that they're worried about PvP balance concerns taking up dev time, and messing up what is conceived as good PvE balance as it presently exists.  Witness the thread about changes to O2 Boost, where people here think it may be prepatory for PvP.  Especially if they've come from EQ1, or DAoC, where changes were made to classes based on how they performed in PvP, that greatly effected those classes in PvE as well.

Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #48 on: February 21, 2005, 12:52:13 PM

I really have no idea what they were on about and how all those high level people were killed in front of Ms. Liberty.  There's not /suicide feature, as far as I know, is there?  I've perused the forums and have yet to find any explanation.  The bodies were gone this morning and Victory was back to normal, although there always seems to be at least some lag in Atlas.  It was very, very weird.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #49 on: February 21, 2005, 07:00:44 PM

Well, it's not as if the devs are suddenly going to say "Ok, nevermind about the PvP.  We'll just scrap out plans for the next issue and our first expansion COMPLETELY.  So what else WOULD you like?"

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #50 on: February 21, 2005, 07:36:56 PM

Personally, I think it was just a bunch of kids who are still too young to get into a proper rave.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #51 on: February 22, 2005, 07:44:43 AM

Kids still go to raves? I thought that was just a Hollywood invention.

Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: February 22, 2005, 08:25:41 AM

Kids still go to raves? I thought that was just a Hollywood invention.

It must be a generational thing, because I've only seen one once, and the sight of teenage douchebags twirling around with glow sticks made me want to commit mass murder.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #53 on: February 22, 2005, 09:08:18 AM

What do you have against glow sticks?

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: February 22, 2005, 12:51:09 PM

EDIT: Downloading now ...

« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 01:23:10 PM by Der Helm »

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Llava
Contributor

Reply #55 on: February 25, 2005, 11:15:25 AM

I went to a rave.

Actually it wasn't so much a rave as it was a few of us that drove out to the desert with speakers and a strobe light.

And beer.

And there wasn't so much dancing as there was a lot of sitting around and going "I hope nobody patrols here.  OH SHIT WHAT'S THAT?!  Oh, phew, just another truck of kids who think they're being clever coming out here.  Close call!"

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who's Still Playing?  
Jump to: