Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:39:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who's Still Playing? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's Still Playing?  (Read 13226 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: December 24, 2004, 03:17:48 PM

Who's still playing (I mean actively playing, not just subscribed)? And what server?
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 03:49:24 PM

Quote from: Stray
Who's still playing (I mean actively playing, not just subscribed)? And what server?

Me, Freedom.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: December 24, 2004, 06:36:31 PM

Just resubbed. I forgot how cool this game is...But might get a little burned out if I start back up with my grav controller again. Not that I don't like controllers though. I made the grav controller in mind for CoV...But they're just boring as hell to play solo.

I had some characters saved on Freedom too...Maybe I'll play there. Got a guild or anything?
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 06:39:34 PM

Haemish, Shockeye and I are thinking of coming back. Possibly soon. We've all got active accounts with chracters on Freedom from way back in the day. Maybe we should figure something out for the new year.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 06:50:48 PM

Yeah, we should do this. WoW is /canceled as of today. Some friends of mine canceled as well. I liked it, but I won't be coming back until the devs stop being arrogant fucks. Fixing the classes and PvP would be nice too.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 06:53:43 PM

I liked it, but I won't be coming back until the devs stop being arrogant fucks. Fixing the classes and PvP would be nice too.

Heh, City of heroes is pretty to watch. My vainest complaint about WoW was always that all of the attack animations are boring as shit. Coming off of EQ2 and CoH will do that to you though, where everything is a charicature of previous games.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 06:59:40 PM

Don't forget "jumping"! d4rkj3di or whatever his name may be right.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 07:13:00 PM

Yea, I just logged in on Mr. Ripley and putzed around in the Hollows with Super Jump and Super Speed. Nothing is better than hurling through the sky looking like a fireball. I consider it - my endgame. I'll probably roll up a new character on Victory later.
Sobelius
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 08:57:30 PM

Still actively playing on Victory. Characters:

Eve Ning (21 Blaster)

Peter Pain (22 Blaster)

I only play about 3-5 hours/week, (only!) and still make progress and still enjoying it. Just started getting into Sky Raider, Freakshow and Banished Pantheon missions.

"I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
"A world without Vin Diesel is sad." -- me
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 24, 2004, 08:59:09 PM

Just restarted the other day.

UPDATED:

The Ultimate Indescribable Violence, 25 Scrapper on Liberty.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 09:53:15 PM

Same server as always, Seismic is shelved (not soloable) for now, but Panther Inferno is still around.

I don't play all that much, but if people go back, I would.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Azhrarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 11:42:23 PM

I'm playing on Virtue.  Still under 14 with a defender and scrapper because I've been busy lately.  I have a 19 controller on Victory, but haven't played that in ages and will hate to miss the early content with it. :)

I came here to be drugged, electrocuted, and probed.  Not insulted! - H.S.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #12 on: December 25, 2004, 12:13:14 AM

I just logged on to Victory to check out an old char when some guy came up to me, said "Merry Christmas" and gave me 50,000 influence.

That's a lot right?
schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: December 25, 2004, 12:17:35 AM

Nope, that's like a couple (6 or something...but considering you need like 18, it's a couple) DOs.

Edit: Assuming the prices are still the same now as they were the first month.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #14 on: December 25, 2004, 01:48:17 AM

Hmm..Oh well. It'll help with noob items still, so I might as well stay on Victory.

I'll be on as either Matador or the Subterranean. If you guys decide to move to Freedom I have some characters there too.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: December 25, 2004, 03:43:12 AM

I had some characters saved on Freedom too...Maybe I'll play there. Got a guild or anything?

Yep.  I forget who came up with the SG name on this board, but it was too good to pass up, so I completely swiped The Prancing Protectors.

If you want an invite, just /friend Captain Pansy (me) or Smatta Yu, one of my officers, and tell him you know Cap.  Or we can just come up with a time here to meet online.
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: December 25, 2004, 05:31:22 AM

Still playing with my chars Sulphur Feast and Discordian on Virtue.

Wiiiiii!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #17 on: December 25, 2004, 07:02:40 AM

Must... catass... 2... victory!
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: December 25, 2004, 08:15:20 AM

Quote from: Shockeye
Must... catass... 2... victory!

Heh, I spend most of my CoH time examplared down. I catass 4 influence.

Wiiiiii!
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: December 27, 2004, 09:58:27 AM

Playing over on Virtue in a SG from the people over at ArsTechnica. Mostly play as Enron Executive but I'm also there as Brass Knocker and Hoo Flung Doo.

I haven't played Burning Cold on Victory in ages since the SG fizzled. Might bring him out of mothballs if something starts up again.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #20 on: December 27, 2004, 12:13:16 PM

I am actively playing on Infinity as any number of characters.  Llava, Ashen Eidolon, Caligo, Third Mortal, Gin, Eldritch, Margrave are the names under which you are likely to find me.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pineapple
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: December 28, 2004, 08:37:41 AM

Quote from: schild
Haemish, Shockeye and I are thinking of coming back. Possibly soon. We've all got active accounts with chracters on Freedom from way back in the day. Maybe we should figure something out for the new year.

Something interesting going on here. Several of my friends have been missing CoH and are thinking of going back.

More than once, I have heard total strangers in WoW talk about missing CoH and maybe going back.

Something about that game stands out. Maybe because it isnt more orcs, dwarves, giant spiders, Tolkien ripoff. For all it's faults, it got a lot of things right.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004, 11:51:23 AM

Still on Victory - primarily playing my scrapper.

Though occasionally various controllersor my Storm defender get a look in.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Xilren's Twin

Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 01:28:28 PM

Still playing, though i find myself taking long breaks from CoH to play other shineys.  The BC supergroup still exists though it has been very sparse.

I'll probably stay subbed for a long time.  Made 30 a couple of weeks ago then new games hit and I haven't had time to get back in, but I shall, once I'm done with Kotor2.  Will eventually get to starting my new story arcs.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #24 on: December 29, 2004, 07:37:17 PM

I'm very slowly moving through the lvl 20s on Virtue.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 10:53:47 PM

I'm still on Victory as my scrapper Whipcrack.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 06:28:44 AM

I need just a little extra push to resub.  Are they offering any free time?  10 days say?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 08:52:53 AM

No, but they are offering a free respec when Issue 3 goes live.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #28 on: December 30, 2004, 01:18:48 PM

link please?  All I've seen is a free respec for test server characters.

-Numtini
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004, 09:01:51 PM

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: December 31, 2004, 05:13:41 AM

thanks.

-Numtini
Delf
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 07:23:20 PM

I haven't been in much, got WoW late and haven't tired of that quite yet. But I'm trying to keep an eye on CoH.

Qua Fin Ti
Scrapper
Whichever server Bat Country is on...
tar
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: January 04, 2005, 03:07:14 AM

Still playing, mostly on Victory. I can't settle on any one character but I'm most frequently playing a fire/kinetics controller at the moment.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #33 on: January 21, 2005, 12:25:40 AM

I had the game at release, but quit at some point months ago (I forget when exactly). Anyway, I think I played on Freedom, had a 26 Dark Melee/SR scrapper, but I dunno if I could ever resub...

I wanted to love the game, I truely did...but I just couldn't do it. I pretty much got all the powers I really wanted, my cool titles, and a cape. Eventually, the game just turned into a horrible grind for me...Seems my only choices were to either group with morons, or solo my missions, both of which were both boring and things I refuse to do if I have a choice.

Plus, it seems MMO's are detrimental to my college education, hehe.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Glazius
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: January 21, 2005, 05:14:59 AM

Quote from: Strazos
I had the game at release, but quit at some point months ago (I forget when exactly). Anyway, I think I played on Freedom, had a 26 Dark Melee/SR scrapper, but I dunno if I could ever resub...

I wanted to love the game, I truely did...but I just couldn't do it. I pretty much got all the powers I really wanted, my cool titles, and a cape. Eventually, the game just turned into a horrible grind for me...Seems my only choices were to either group with morons, or solo my missions, both of which were both boring and things I refuse to do if I have a choice.

Plus, it seems MMO's are detrimental to my college education, hehe.

There are NPCs in the zones who will make your missions harder. Unless it was the rationale you found boring, in which case, that hasn't changed much.

--GF
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Who's Still Playing?  
Jump to: