Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:04:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1270624 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7245 on: August 17, 2011, 10:56:23 AM

I can let you know right now that it involves the transfer of object between servers and the manipulating the stats on equipment, and not the altering of any particular thing's appearance. Blizzard hates you.
Hi there!  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7246 on: August 17, 2011, 11:03:26 AM

No it hasn't always been that way. Wrath wasn't that way at all. The first level raid was very approachable from the jump, and Ulduar had an entire section of fights that were very doable right when they were released.

Ulduar had the first 2-3 fights that were pretty easy. I'm not sure how you are defining 'easy', but I see PuGs for Firelands that usually down Beth and Shannox, sometimes Rhyolith. The tuning on the first bosses isn't especially demanding.

Really surprised they are finally doing cosmetic armor slots. Not even remotely surprised that 4.3 is the last raid of the expansion, but it's still disappointing.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7247 on: August 17, 2011, 11:27:40 AM

Really surprised they are finally doing cosmetic armor slots.

I'm not.  The Transmogrifier is what they're hoping will stop too many people from jumping over to SWTOR.  Expect 4.3 in November, to coincidentally be released right before SWTOR goes live.

Over and out.
Hutch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7248 on: August 17, 2011, 11:28:52 AM

That, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth from those who didn't.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Yeah. I'm one of those who peered into my crystal ball, and decided that the chances of Blizzard giving us cosmetic outfits were far outweighed by my inventory needs.

The thing is, I don't so much want to look like any particular set of gear from the past, as much as I want to NOT look like a murloc. Which will hopefully be fixed by the time 4.3 comes out anyway.

That said, I like that they're going to let us do this with weapons.

Plant yourself like a tree
Haven't you noticed? We've been sharing our culture with you all morning.
The sun will shine on us again, brother
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7249 on: August 17, 2011, 11:52:57 AM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7250 on: August 17, 2011, 12:09:16 PM

Glad I saved my DK starter set on every DK I've ever made.  Or any other item which I thought cool which I came across.  I wonder if we can transmogrify BoA items.

It won't get me to resub, but at least it'll be there when I do feel like playing again.  The only downside I see is that there are some non-magical sets I'd like to use, too.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7251 on: August 17, 2011, 12:14:58 PM

OOh.. I jusst remembered I've got the quest shield that looks like a Captain's Wheel on my pally still.   DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #7252 on: August 17, 2011, 12:37:11 PM

If I was still tanking, I would slap on my BWL buick-door shield and go to town! RAAAAAWR!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7253 on: August 17, 2011, 01:06:24 PM

This honestly is a lot of 'end game' content, at least for me. This gives people a real reason to run old raids or 5-mans, and there is also the possibility of achievements for collecting sets now that storage will be less of (or not at all) an issue.
Ashamanchill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7254 on: August 17, 2011, 01:16:42 PM

Sweet. Am I ever glad I saved my Twin's Pact. I always thought it was the most 'feral' looking feral druid weapon.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47302#screenshots:id=159465

A poster signed by Richard Garriot, Brad McQuaid, Marc Jacobs and SmerricK Dart.  Of course it would arrive a couple years late, missing letters and a picture but it would be epic none the less. -Tmon
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7255 on: August 17, 2011, 01:25:02 PM

The only suit I ever saved was my full set of upgraded Heroism. Which I think you can't get anymore, just the unupgraded Valor suit, so I guess I could be a slightly special snowflake.

EDIT: Apparently you can't even get the Valor suit anymore. DOUBLE snowflake.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:56:35 PM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #7256 on: August 17, 2011, 01:55:10 PM

I saved my full "Molten" enhance PvP set on my shaman - can't remember the name but chains and molten sections. I'm glad I did

Sadly, I still have my hunter's T1 and T2 sets from vanilla :S

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #7257 on: August 17, 2011, 01:59:36 PM

Yeah, I have a full tier0.5 set on three of my characters... bling! Too bad the pally set sucks (proto-tier5, yay?) and the warlock set's helm is as ridiculous as ever.

edit: This also reminds me of a guildie who carried a full green iron set (level 20-30ish mail, blacksmith crafted) so he could randomly put it on and 'look awesome' during dungeon runs.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:02:52 PM by Zetor »

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7258 on: August 17, 2011, 02:01:02 PM

There are a few suits I wish I still had and I don't think I can get anymore. My Druid's Arena 1 and 2 suits and their accessories. Not sure if I can still get the Glyphed green 'suit' either anymore.

Decorative armor storage came like 5 years too late for me, oh well  cry

DiscoPonyStaff will live on though!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS DRILLING AND WOMANLINESS DRILLING AND MANLINESS

I also like how you can turn a bow into a gun.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rokal
Terracotta Army

Reply #7259 on: August 17, 2011, 02:07:04 PM

My priest still has full T3 to be the most-special snowflake, but sadly they never fixed the shoulders so that the wing effect didn't look like shit from your own perspective.

I missed this earlier, but found it in a Kotaku inverview:

Quote from:
Finally, Chilton explained a new feature coming with the patch called "Raid Finder". The Raid Finder essentially operates like a dungeon finder, automating the search for fellow players on the hunt for a good raiding party. It will be built into the game's updated user interface when the patch hits, they said.

I guess now raids will need to be balanced around 10 people that do not wish to communicate at all :p
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7260 on: August 17, 2011, 02:10:35 PM

Can you? I thought it was Bow>Bow, gun>gun.  Otherwise you'd be able to do Dagger>sword.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #7261 on: August 17, 2011, 02:16:06 PM

Can you? I thought it was Bow>Bow, gun>gun.  Otherwise you'd be able to do Dagger>sword.

They said they specifically made an exception for bows, guns and crossbows.  Too bad they didn't include thrown weapons too, so my Rogue could shoot poison arrows.  Heartbreak

Over and out.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7262 on: August 17, 2011, 02:21:25 PM

Yea, they said the only exception to no Sword into Hammer is the Bow,Gun,Crossbow thing. Dwarf, Draenei and Elf hunters all rejoice \o/

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7263 on: August 17, 2011, 03:11:26 PM

What if they just decided to push Deathwing out the door quickly and move on the next expansion that comes out in March?

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to move away from the 'Cata Era' as quickly as possible at this point.

"Here's the Brand new expansion, where we undo everything that was wrong with the previous one, please come back!"

There's a bunch of shit that they are either unwilling or unable to fix outside of the expansion overhauls.

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7264 on: August 17, 2011, 03:28:54 PM

DOUBLE snowflake.

What does it meeeeean?

So I am pleased at them finally caving on the appearance thing! I already know what I would dress my boy paladin up in, my lady dwarf will take some CONSIDERATION. But I am EXTRA pleased more five mans are coming.

God Save the Horn Players
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #7265 on: August 17, 2011, 03:45:34 PM

So it looks like 4.3 is the last content patch of Cataclysm.  That seems kind of weak.  But I guess with the next expansion supposedly coming in Q2 of 2012 its only logical.  I still think they are gonna bleed subs til then, and maybe only get back 50% of their loss with Mists of Pandaria.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #7266 on: August 17, 2011, 03:59:05 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to move away from the 'Cata Era' as quickly as possible at this point.

That would be 6 months ago and dozen firings later. Starting with G "my way or highway" C.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:01:33 PM by sinij »

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7267 on: August 17, 2011, 04:07:25 PM

So it looks like 4.3 is the last content patch of Cataclysm.  That seems kind of weak.  But I guess with the next expansion supposedly coming in Q2 of 2012 its only logical.  I still think they are gonna bleed subs til then, and maybe only get back 50% of their loss with Mists of Pandaria.
Wonder what the odds are of someone standing up at Blizzcon and asking "So why was Cataclysm such a fuck-up, anyway?"

And damn it, the lightsaber quest in EPL got removed.  0.0 DPS

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7268 on: August 17, 2011, 04:50:29 PM

This interests me greatly but they've ignored the server problem for too long.  I'm not coming back and paying them 100 dollars to move my expanding character list again.   No amount of "Oh shit that looks fun" can really fix that for me.  With a very large portion of the lost subscribers hitting western servers I had hoped they would address the issue.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7269 on: August 17, 2011, 05:24:12 PM

Glad I saved my DK starter set on every DK I've ever made.

This.

This.

THIIIIIS

They never made a better looking set of plate armour in my opinion. DKs look amazing right out of the bag. My very first experience rolling one made me wonder why on earth they were so determined to prise me out of it so fast. Even a Gnome DK looks like a badass in it.

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #7270 on: August 17, 2011, 05:31:00 PM

They never made a better looking set of plate armour in my opinion.

Other than Warrior T8 you mean.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7271 on: August 17, 2011, 05:31:53 PM

OOoh.. I'm going to be one of the few human hunters wielding a Rhok'Delar!!!

Woot.

Fuck.. by this point I might be one of the only hunters with it.  I swore I'd never delete the damn thing and by god I still have it.

El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7272 on: August 17, 2011, 05:48:54 PM

If it's appearance slots, I'll cry myself to sleep every night thinking about the Nax40 warrior set that I don't have and can never get.

0.0 DPS

Wasn't expecting the armor-type restriction.  I have an extensive collection of cool-looking headgear I've been saving over the years in anticipation of appearance slots, but most of my favorites aren't plate so I can't use them.

Sad Panda  0.0 DPS

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7273 on: August 17, 2011, 06:18:17 PM

Glad I saved my DK starter set on every DK I've ever made.

This.

This.

THIIIIIS

They never made a better looking set of plate armour in my opinion. DKs look amazing right out of the bag. My very first experience rolling one made me wonder why on earth they were so determined to prise me out of it so fast. Even a Gnome DK looks like a badass in it.

I like the current honor paladin plate set a lot better, personally. I've never been into plate skirts on my female characters, they never look as good to my eye. I think it's because the skirt tapers in on the ladies, which makes it look more like a dress than the kind of armor they're trying to make you think of.

Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7274 on: August 17, 2011, 06:27:25 PM

The vast majority of stuff I'd convert will be random greens/blues/purples I've gathered over the years and put together to form a good look. I don't think there's ever been a 'set' my SPriest liked in the slightest, and this of course does nothing to redress my continuing issue with MASSIVE SHOULDERPADS. I'm still going to have to trawl the databanks for the most inoffensive 'pads I can combine with my other Heinz 57 gear.

I just want to look like a Witch. Is that so hard?

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #7275 on: August 17, 2011, 06:30:55 PM

There are smallish black ones that might work.

Setanta
Terracotta Army

Reply #7276 on: August 17, 2011, 06:48:21 PM

OOoh.. I'm going to be one of the few human hunters wielding a Rhok'Delar!!!

Woot.

Fuck.. by this point I might be one of the only hunters with it.  I swore I'd never delete the damn thing and by god I still have it.

Still got Rhok on my Tauren hunter. Along with the Crossbow of smiting from BWL and Hunruhan's stinger from AQ40 :)

I fought hard for Rhok before they nerfed the epic quest line - hell, I took 5 days off work for those damn spawn timers (and the inevitable griefer).

"No man is an island. But if you strap a bunch of dead guys together it makes a damn fine raft."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #7277 on: August 17, 2011, 07:08:22 PM

The vast majority of stuff I'd convert will be random greens/blues/purples I've gathered over the years and put together to form a good look. I don't think there's ever been a 'set' my SPriest liked in the slightest, and this of course does nothing to redress my continuing issue with MASSIVE SHOULDERPADS. I'm still going to have to trawl the databanks for the most inoffensive 'pads I can combine with my other Heinz 57 gear.

I just want to look like a Witch. Is that so hard?

Nope, it's not.

Hat Wicked Witch's Hat
Robe Black Mageweave Robe
Shoulders Darkcloth Shoulders <of the random>

Ta da, you're a witch.

Skanky Witch: 

Hat Circlet of Prophecy
Chest  Polychromatic Vision Wrap
Legs Black Mageweave leggings
Same Shoulders
Boots Aurora Slippers

Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7278 on: August 17, 2011, 08:50:44 PM

I'm curious how many are now arguing that Shadowmourne and etc should have nerfed drop rate on shards or whatever.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7279 on: August 17, 2011, 09:07:50 PM

I'm curious how many are now arguing that Shadowmourne and etc should have nerfed drop rate on shards or whatever.

According to the thread on SA, you can't use legendary items in the appearance thingie.  Which sucks for my thunderfury.   0.0 DPS

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: