Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:26:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 236 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cataclysm  (Read 1270658 times)
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: August 21, 2009, 02:02:10 PM

Ashenvale going to the Horde is neat. New races, that's cool, new newbie areas sounds fun. Redoing Desolace is NOT. That is my favorite zone, as is, and should not ever never ever be fucked with.

Fuck.

Regarding that "doing stuff for people we don't like," I felt that way shocking baby gorillas for the mean ol' Wolvars just so I could eventually be friends with the happy slappy Oracles. Hated that. I knew how it was going to end, no need to make me pretend to go on some journey of self discovery.

I wish this would go down like the SWG NGE, but alas, not bloody likely.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #246 on: August 21, 2009, 02:04:00 PM

Redoing Desolace is NOT. That is my favorite zone, as is, and should not ever never ever be fucked with.

You are a bad person and possibly a felon.

-Rasix
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: August 21, 2009, 02:04:47 PM

There's a reason why I'm not a betting man... and all I can say is that I am liking this announcement a lot.

Also, Heroic SFK is fucking awesome.  I love that instance.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: August 21, 2009, 02:05:06 PM

Someone liked Desolace?
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: August 21, 2009, 02:07:00 PM

Desolace is the only zone in the game that doesn't feel like a slip-n-slide theme park where Blizzard grabs you by the scruff of the neck and goes "LEVEL NOW ZOOM K DONE NEXT ZONE."

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #250 on: August 21, 2009, 02:08:29 PM

More interested by this expansion that I was by TBC and WotLK.
Racials seem a bit WAY THE FUCK BETTER than any other racial available, save for heroic presence.

Desolace is the only zone in the game that doesn't feel like a slip-n-slide theme park where Blizzard grabs you by the scruff of the neck and goes "LEVEL NOW ZOOM K DONE NEXT ZONE."

Ya mean like how there's a demonic field smack dab in the middle of nowhere for no proper reason?

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: August 21, 2009, 02:10:15 PM

Ya mean like how there's a demonic field smack dab in the middle of nowhere for no proper reason?

Because...demons do that sometimes? For whatever reason, forget the lore, I just want a big open empty space to inhabit.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: August 21, 2009, 02:10:21 PM

Ashenvale going to the Horde is neat. New races, that's cool, new newbie areas sounds fun. Redoing Desolace is NOT. That is my favorite zone, as is, and should not ever never ever be fucked with.

Night Elves are definitely in a bad way with Darkshore getting flooded out, Astranaar getting destroyed and losing at least a big chunk of Ashenvale to the Horde.  Teldrassil is still corrupted as far as I know.  That doesn't leave them much.

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: August 21, 2009, 02:12:14 PM

Fuck night elves.

Fuck them hard.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #254 on: August 21, 2009, 02:12:22 PM

Sure, if your definition of "awesome" is "insane PTSD-ridden ex-gladiator with almost no backstory who starts a war in the middle of an undead invasion", yes, he's totally awesome.

I think you mean the guy who got fed up with the Horde's ever-repeating "Totally valid excuse for why our guys did something horrible to you THIS time!" routine and just decided to say fuck it.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: August 21, 2009, 02:13:25 PM

New map.  

Notable new zones:  Mount Hyjal, Twlight Highlands, Vashjr, Uldum, Deepholm.

1:10PM Southshore has been lost to the Horde. "Nobody was defending it."  HAH!
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #256 on: August 21, 2009, 02:14:43 PM

Because...demons do that sometimes? For whatever reason, forget the lore, I just want a big open empty space to inhabit.

Anywhere Blizzard feels like putting a group of Shadow Council/Cultists there should basically be a sign that says "Here Be Demons".  Cultists can be any race and exist anywhere without much lore stretching and worshiping the Burning Legion / summoning demons is basically their whole deal.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: August 21, 2009, 02:17:07 PM

Hmmm...  Goblin DKs?

I'd play one.

EDIT: This just in - underwater mounts.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: August 21, 2009, 02:19:02 PM

Funny, 'cause it was the one zone where I wish it was LEVEL NOW ZOOM K DONE NEXT ZONE.  (Well, it and Nintendo Crater.)

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: August 21, 2009, 02:19:28 PM

Sure, if your definition of "awesome" is "insane PTSD-ridden ex-gladiator with almost no backstory who starts a war in the middle of an undead invasion", yes, he's totally awesome.

I think you mean the guy who got fed up with the Horde's ever-repeating "Totally valid excuse for why our guys did something horrible to you THIS time!" routine and just decided to say fuck it.
Counterpoint: This then lead directly to Warchief Hellscream and then the Alliance losing Ashenvale and Southshore (and God only knows what else). Garrosh is just as big a cock as Wrynn, but at least he's getting results.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #260 on: August 21, 2009, 02:19:54 PM

EDIT: This just in - underwater mounts.

Seriously?  My Engineer's been waiting for that, cool.  
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: August 21, 2009, 02:22:30 PM

I really really love the direction they have taken this expansion. Significant changes to the old world is something I've hoped to see for a long time. Love the look of the Worgen and their town.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #262 on: August 21, 2009, 02:23:38 PM

Seriously?  My Engineer's been waiting for that, cool. 

Guess they might be the only way to get to the new underwater zone.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: August 21, 2009, 02:25:08 PM

If the race class spoilers are correct, I'll be making a Worgen Rogue and Goblin Shaman.  Book it.  Done.

Over and out.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: August 21, 2009, 02:32:22 PM

Hopefully they'll be increasing character slots too then.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #265 on: August 21, 2009, 02:36:21 PM

Counterpoint: This then lead directly to Warchief Hellscream and then the Alliance losing Ashenvale and Southshore (and God only knows what else). Garrosh is just as big a cock as Wrynn, but at least he's getting results.

Yeah, it'll just be a totally Horde map with Alliance doing nothing but leveling to 20 in Westfall and quitting. In that same imaginary version of WoW you play where the evil Alliance attacked the Forsaken JUST FOR BEING WHO THEY AAAAARE. Meanwhile in everyone else's game there will presumably be some other territory turnover elsewhere to keep the content more or less balanced.

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #266 on: August 21, 2009, 02:37:58 PM

Yeah, it'll just be a totally Horde map with Alliance doing nothing but leveling to 20 in Westfall and quitting. In that same imaginary version of WoW you play where the evil Alliance attacked the Forsaken JUST FOR BEING WHO THEY AAAAARE. Meanwhile in everyone else's game there will presumably be some other territory turnover elsewhere to keep the content more or less balanced.

Enjoy your yiff piles btw

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: August 21, 2009, 02:39:43 PM

awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: August 21, 2009, 02:41:39 PM

In other news, new battleground - Battle for Gilneas.  Takes place in streets of the city with the goal of capturing districts.

Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: August 21, 2009, 02:42:46 PM

Whatever the main Inn is for the Worgen starting area will easily replace the Goldshire Inn as the most creepy and disturbing thing in WoW as soon as Cataclysm launches. Cthulu
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: August 21, 2009, 02:44:51 PM

Their lore is held together by liberal amounts of duct tape and the occasional use of a shoe horn.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: August 21, 2009, 02:52:56 PM

What's ironic about this is the Forsaken are attacking the Worgen just for being who they are.  tongue

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: August 21, 2009, 02:56:45 PM

You'd attack them on sight too...

For the alliance!

Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #273 on: August 21, 2009, 02:59:31 PM

Yeah, it'll just be a totally Horde map with Alliance doing nothing but leveling to 20 in Westfall and quitting. In that same imaginary version of WoW you play where the evil Alliance attacked the Forsaken JUST FOR BEING WHO THEY AAAAARE.

Alliance Levelling Path post-expansion:

1-10 Elwynn Forest
11-20 Westfall
21 /ragequit
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #274 on: August 21, 2009, 03:00:49 PM

Alliance will still be 5 years behind the Horde in yiffing.  I'm sure the Tauren will be happy to share tips.

Over and out.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #275 on: August 21, 2009, 03:02:42 PM

I dunno, something tells me that somehow things will work out such that the two factions still split the world more or less exactly 50/50. Call it a hunch.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Bet they're rerolls.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #276 on: August 21, 2009, 03:07:36 PM

No Murlocs as a player race. Expansionfail.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: August 21, 2009, 03:07:55 PM

This is second-hand info so keep that in mind:

Here's basically what they said on the preview panel:

Talent trees are NOT being extended, however, they are adding talents to the current trees, and we'll still get 5 extra points.

Path of the Titans - an Alternate Advancement system. Anybody can pick one of the paths (linked to archaeology somehow,) and receive certain benefits and further specialization from them. All classes share all paths.

Mastery System - Blizzard doesn't like how our talent trees mix "fun" talents with "required" talents, so what they're gonna do is remove the necessary power-up talent effects, and make them passive for those who train in that tree. For example, talents that increase spell power, crit rating, etc. would be removed/altered, instead we'd get those effects - no matter what - just from sinking a certain amount of points into one tree.

These updates more than make up for not getting extended talent trees. The Mastery System alone sounds like the talent trees will be getting much more of a revamp than ever before (without necessarily nerfing us,) while the Path of the Titans provides yet another method of customization.

Over and out.
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #278 on: August 21, 2009, 03:11:39 PM

You know I always liked that tauren pic, there was a big stink about it when they took it off the main fanart page and I have to say there's a lot more explicit belf/draenei stuff on there.   Truth is though tauren are not/never have been sexy, as it stands they're maybe the least played horde race still so any appeal they would have to the furry community is small at best.

Worgen on the otherhand...well, I can't say I'll feel sorry, we had to deal with belfs.

Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: August 21, 2009, 03:23:02 PM

Truth is though tauren are not/never have been sexy, as it stands they're maybe the least played horde race still so any appeal they would have to the furry community is small at best.
False.  Tauren were almost inarguably the best tank race for all of Vanilla and TBC thanks to an AOE stun and more importantly, their bonus health modifier.  They are currently the third most popular after Belfs and Undead.  The least-popular race is by far Troll.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 236 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Cataclysm  
Jump to: