Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Michael Vick to the Eagles... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Vick to the Eagles...  (Read 15413 times)
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 08:16:44 AM

He did his time.  It's time to move on.

"Me am play gods"
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 08:47:10 AM

I do find it a little humorous, very amazing and extremely sad however that someone like Leonard Little (Rams) or Donte Stallworth (Eagles, Browns) have both KILLED PEOPLE WHILE DRUNK and yet each of them got a GRAND total of 30 days each in jail (plus the ubiquitous community service and probation).

30 days for a human life (Stallworth didnt even serve his 30 days, he got out in 24) and Vick gets 18 months for killing dogs?  ACK!

Do not get me wrong, I am a dog lover, think what he did is sub human and he got everything he deserved. But how does one rationalize Little and Stallworth getting less time than someone kiting a check for killing someone while under the influence of alcohol?

How can our justice system be THAT screwed up?

As for Vick now... he is a thug and he did not change in jail, he just is being told what to say. I hate the man and hope he suffers a career ending injury in the near future. That said, he paid his time and should be allowed to play. I am just glad he is not on my Chargers!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 09:09:53 AM

We hate Michael Vick not for torturing animals, but for torturing animals THAT WE LOVE.

Actually, there are many who also hate torturing animals we eat, hence the small movement to outlaw cattle farms that don't give cows adequate room to move. There is an argument that free-range meat tastes much better and I am most certainly in the camp that believes we should at least try to raise and kill our feed animals in as humane a way as possible.

But let's face it... even if Vick had done the same shit to COWS (STEER FIGHT!), I think people would have problems with it because the way they killed some of those animals was really just fucking messed up.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 09:26:52 AM

I have moved on.  I don't support the Eagles anymore because they signed Michael Vick.  He's a total sick fuck and shouldn't have a cool job like being a professional football player.   And I don't say nice things about anyone who drives drunk and mows down other people, either.   Although they're usually just stupid, not monsters. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 11:08:34 AM

I have moved on.  I don't support the Eagles anymore because they signed Michael Vick.  He's a total sick fuck and shouldn't have a cool job like being a professional football player.   And I don't say nice things about anyone who drives drunk and mows down other people, either.   Although they're usually just stupid, not monsters. 

So you're a Giants fan now?  awesome, for real

But in all seriousness, if they let him back on the Falcons there would be hell to pay in this city. The people here really can't stand the guy.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 11:18:06 AM

I do find it a little humorous, very amazing and extremely sad however that someone like Leonard Little (Rams) or Donte Stallworth (Eagles, Browns) have both KILLED PEOPLE WHILE DRUNK and yet each of them got a GRAND total of 30 days each in jail (plus the ubiquitous community service and probation).

Bit different.

While tragic, the accidents involving Stallworth and Little were accidents.  Stallworth, to his 'credit', did everything right - he stopped, tried to assist, called 911, etc.  Can't remember if Little did the 'right thing'.  And there's not a person on this board that hasn't driven after having a couple or three too many.  It's a mistake/accident that could happen to anyone.  I don't know if any of us 'normal' people would get the relative slap on the wrist that the two (rich) NFL players got (with some of the best lawyers none of us could afford), but that's another discussion for another thread.

Not so much with what happened with Vick.  His was a continuous conscious decision of inhumanity over a period of years. 

My first kneejerk reaction after hearing he signed with the Eagles was to say 'fuck the NFL' and never watch it again.  I'm STILL somewhat of that mindset, however irrational it really is.  He's trash, and I hope there's a nice seat in hell for him.
WayAbvPar

Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 11:48:36 AM

Can't remember if Little did the 'right thing'.

Nope, since he got popped again for DUI a few years later. If Goodell was commissioner when he was doing his thing he would probably be out of the league. And deservedly so, I might add.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 06:01:21 PM

And there's not a person on this board that hasn't driven after having a couple or three too many. 

False. I get your point, but please don't make boneheaded generalizations like this.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 07:00:11 PM

I have never driven drunk in my life.  Not once.  My sister and I did take turns driving around in a 1948 Willys on acid while wearing other people's specs.  It was okay though because I was only 14.  And, as far as I know, we didn't kill anything.

Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 10:08:53 PM

And there's not a person on this board that hasn't driven after having a couple or three too many. 

False. I get your point, but please don't make boneheaded generalizations like this.

Seconded.  I have never done it either.  When I was 11 or 12 my school had a speech by a guy in his early 30s, very pleasant and normal, who was a kindergarten teacher right out of college with a fiance.  Two weeks after he started, he was barely over the limit and killed an 8 year old girl at a stop sign.  He came in the gym in leg chains after 10 years in prison (fiance had left him), looking at more (every time he was up for parole, the family of the girl came and spoke against him).   

Maybe school assemblies don't USUALLY work, but that scared me shitless- not enough to never drink, but enough to never drink and drive. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 10:59:38 PM

Yeah this has a ton to do with the topic. Unless Vick ran over somebody, just stop.

He's a dog fighter. Playing the "Fucked Up Monster" hierarchy in the NFL is pointless.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 11:01:38 PM by Paelos »

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 07:11:29 AM

I believe he is a sick fuck and very possibly has not changed one iota.  But more importantly, I believe that everyone deserves a second chance, even when that person's chosen profession happens to be a cool one.  On the surface, he appears remorseful.  It may well be an act, but we may never know for certain.  Just like everyone has a right to hate him, he still has a right to play football and the Eagles have every right to give him the job.  They seem to think it was worth the risk.

And make no mistake - it's not as if he's coming back and picking up where he left off.  He was the king of the god damned NFL before this all came out.  Now?  Quite a different story.  For more than one reason, I would not like to be in his shoes right now.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 08:25:09 AM

This. I have never EVER got behind the wheel with even one beer in me. I only rarely drink so that is why, but regardless the statement is inaccurate. I also get the point however as I am sure the majority have been in that situation.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

No second chances for people who get pleasure from torturing and killing stuff as far as I'm concerned.  Like was mentioned, he didn't just fight dogs.  He got pleasure from torturing them, even setting them on fire.  No No No.  He should suffer forever.  I don't enjoy seeing any one in pain and I usually even turn over channels on the TV when that sort of thing is going on.  I think I might consider watching his pain for a little bit before looking away.  I hate him a lot.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 05:19:46 PM

He did his time.  It's time to move on.

Ok, fine. But that doesn't mean he deserves to be an NFL player ever again. The NFL should not have re-instated him, but once they did...

I am an Eagles fan and don't care much. They paid nothing for him.

I have never played WoW.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 08:56:53 AM

I have a feeling they might be paying the price in PR and trying to save sponsorship.  At least I hope so. This is PA, after all, the state where they are going after animal cruelty relentlessly these days, especially puppy mills.  Even I was surprised at the number of people who signed the petition to ditch Vick and sent letters to Eagle sponsors.  And, yes, I did it too.  I hope they hemorrhage money over this.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 28, 2009, 06:12:20 AM

This. I have never EVER got behind the wheel with even one beer in me. I only rarely drink so that is why, but regardless the statement is inaccurate. I also get the point however as I am sure the majority have been in that situation.

Maybe this should've been changed to "there's not a person on this board that hasn't driven without 100% mental acuity."  Might've made it a little more tenable. 

Whether you're tired, sick, on your cell phone, fucking with your radio, etc. everyone has done something stupid while driving at least once.  My first accident when I was 16 was because I was dialing a cell phone and not paying attention.

I'm not saying absolutely hammered driving is the same caliber as the same things above, but they can all lead to accidents.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 07:35:37 PM

Driving buzzed is pretty close to texting while driving though. Holy shit do I want to punch people for that.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #53 on: August 29, 2009, 08:56:18 AM

Punching people while driving probably isn't far off, either!   ACK!

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #54 on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:24 AM

Punching people while driving probably isn't far off, either!   ACK!

No no, you have to pull over first  awesome, for real

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Michael Vick to the Eagles...  
Jump to: