Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:55:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu  (Read 22851 times)
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

on: August 12, 2009, 08:08:34 PM

making me do onyxia again?!

She has lurked in her lair and done battle with the many brave adventurers who travelled to that familiar location over the years. Now, in honor of the World of Warcraft 5-year anniversary, the dreaded brood mother Onyxia is being revamped to make a return to the forefront of Azeroth, as part of our big plans for the upcoming 3.2.2 content patch.

This permanent update to Onyxia will convert the dungeon into 10- and 25-player modes. We will be adding new items to Onyxia’s loot table that have the same model as some of the classic loot from this dungeon, like Tier 2 helms, with stats updated to match the current level of content. There will be a special new item too: a normal drake-sized 310% speed flying mount modeled after Onyxia herself called an Onyxia Broodling. We will also be updating the encounter mechanics to be more fitting for modern raiding, but we can guarantee players will get to experience the frightening horror of deep breaths once again.

Then for a limited time, after the 5-year anniversary event officially begins in November, anybody who logs in will receive an Onyxia Brood Whelpling pet.

We’re very excited to bring this classic encounter back to provide a fun new experience for both new and veteran players. Further details will be available in the near future, and we will be setting up the Public Test Realms soon to help test out this fight along with all the new content we have planned for the patch. Keep an eye on the forums for updates!

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 08:10:06 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Fucking whelps.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
AutomaticZen
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 08:17:18 PM

THE HORROR!!!!  THE HORRORRRRRRRR!!!
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 08:18:08 PM

Yea, recycling content IS classic.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 08:22:05 PM

Hm, paladins will finally be able to keep wearing Judgement.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 09:16:41 PM

I am excited for this! I never killed her at 60.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

God Save the Horn Players
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 09:21:07 PM

in defense of this, it's not even a major patch so i wouldn't call it content. it's just an extra raid boss/encounter they want to add for fun and nostalgia. 5 years?! jesus christ....i cant believe im still playing this game.

In opposition, fuck you onyxia....fuck you.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 09:44:57 PM

Damn.  I might even be 80 by then.  I can catass for a fast mount, too!

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:05:00 PM

in defense of this, it's not even a major patch so i wouldn't call it content. it's just an extra raid boss/encounter they want to add for fun and nostalgia.

Oh, I see the difference. Ohhhhh, I see.

5 years?! jesus christ....i cant believe im still playing this game.

Neither can I.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 10:13:41 PM

Damn.  I might even be 80 by then.  I can catass for a fast mount, too!

Good luck winning the roll on the .5% chance to drop mount.

Heh, Onyxia.  Yay, a fight I did half a hundred times.

-Rasix
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:21:50 PM

Hogger should be next.

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 10:28:42 PM

One of the awesomest raids ever.  To attest to this, it took EJ nerds like three years to finally figure out the mechanic behind her.  This bitch was still killing overgeared people well after her loot was worthless.  I have a friend, who despite me explaining it many multitudes of times and normally being a rational man and good player, never even got it.  Although I think his main problem was panning the camera up to see where she was while healing at the same time.

If you ever feel like you need to expose your raids' dumbasses, this is the encounter that will help you do it.  

More dots.  Many whelps.  Handle it.  50 Minus DKP, etc.

It would be even more awesome if they resurrect the Quel'Serrar.  My guild made boatloads selling slots to get people that sword.

AKA Gyoza
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 10:49:24 PM

I hear she'll deep breath more this patch.
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 10:52:24 PM

Haha.  That rumor was so pervasive, I actually started to believe it was possible.

AKA Gyoza
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 10:54:34 PM

Haha.  That rumor was so pervasive, I actually started to believe it was possible.

At some point the temptation to actually fuck with her scripts to change it would have been too tempting for me.

Just for like, two hours, change the rules on deep breath and change it back so whoever ran it looked absolutely insane on the forums.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 10:54:49 PM

How outdated is my full BiS Naxx 25 Ret right now?

I can't imagine having quit five months ago would leave me anywhere near respectable, but this kind of thing (while it SHOULDN'T) is sort of catching my interest.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 11:14:29 PM

How outdated is my full BiS Naxx 25 Ret right now?

I can't imagine having quit five months ago would leave me anywhere near respectable, but this kind of thing (while it SHOULDN'T) is sort of catching my interest.

You would be fine unless your goal is super poop-sock guild.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 11:25:41 PM

Yay. More recycled content.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Ceryse
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 11:42:34 PM

Except it actually happened. Well after the rumour and claims had started there was a patch that somehow caused her to deep breath more; it was quickly hot-fixed with (I believe) Tigole making some comment about the humour of it. It was so long ago I barely remember it, but I do remember my guild talking about the hotfix and how it actually happened, yet well after Onyxia mattered in terms of difficulty to just about anyone.

On a sad note I don't think my abandoned (I quit the game over a year ago) level 70 Shammy could get her down to <20% now. I think that's the only regret I have about leaving the game, though I'm not sure I would have ever managed to kill her.

I'm glad I barely keep track of the game now, though.. the incoming minus DKP crap when Onyxia is revamped would be very annoying.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 11:48:35 PM

Funny, the Onyxia kill legitimized our silly alliance of little guilds that had been hemorrhaging members to the raiding societies. Four years later I look back at her with a kind of nostalgia as the run that convinced me to be a raid leader.

That said, I'm not at all eager to see her rise from the grave. Some things are better left alone (like everything about MC).

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 11:50:43 PM

Except it actually happened. Well after the rumour and claims had started there was a patch that somehow caused her to deep breath more; it was quickly hot-fixed with (I believe) Tigole making some comment about the humour of it. It was so long ago I barely remember it, but I do remember my guild talking about the hotfix and how it actually happened, yet well after Onyxia mattered in terms of difficulty to just about anyone.

On a sad note I don't think my abandoned (I quit the game over a year ago) level 70 Shammy could get her down to <20% now. I think that's the only regret I have about leaving the game, though I'm not sure I would have ever managed to kill her.

I'm glad I barely keep track of the game now, though.. the incoming minus DKP crap when Onyxia is revamped would be very annoying.

Yea, I never believed they didn't actually do that on purpose, then say, "What me?"

AKA Gyoza
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 11:51:56 PM

Funny, the Onyxia kill legitimized our silly alliance of little guilds that had been hemorrhaging members to the raiding societies. Four years later I look back at her with a kind of nostalgia as the run that convinced me to be a raid leader.

That said, I'm not at all eager to see her rise from the grave. Some things are better left alone (like everything about MC).

Nobody wants to see MC again.  Nobody.  And if there is a person-like entity that claims they do, it's not actually a person, just a person's misguided representative.

AKA Gyoza
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #22 on: August 13, 2009, 01:24:20 AM

I am looking forward to everything about this except for the possibility that the redone Wrath helm will be something I want to wear.  ACK!

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #23 on: August 13, 2009, 01:35:25 AM

The Shark it is Jumped. 
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: August 13, 2009, 01:57:44 AM

If I was a WoW player, I'd want to go solo the old version for old time's sake.  How many classes can actually do that at 80?

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 02:27:21 AM

This is happening because if you're still playing WoW in 2009, you deserve to be sent back to 2004 where you belong.
Gobbeldygook
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 02:30:31 AM

If I was a WoW player, I'd want to go solo the old version for old time's sake.  How many classes can actually do that at 80?
She was soloable at 70 by the easy classes (paladin/druid).  Every class can solo Onyxia now, although obviously it's a lot harder for some than others (rogues/mages).
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 03:27:31 AM

I have to wonder however, how does this affect people who actually need to kill her for quest lines?  Are you still going to be able to run her as a level 60, 40 man dungeon if you wanted to?

What happens to people who get a quel'serar book, or who want to kill her as part of the AQ gates opening quest line just to say they did it?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 05:20:27 AM

What happens to people who get a quel'serar book, or who want to kill her as part of the AQ gates opening quest line just to say they did it?

Feats of strength.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 06:02:07 AM

I guarantee that this fight will be less fun as a level 80 raid than it is to solo or duo the level 60 fight at level 80.

Then again, I'm speaking as someone who doesn't raid anymore, but DID raid quite obsessively when Onyxia was cutting edge content.  So to me, this seems pretty lame, but I can see why people who DIDN'T kill this bitch every 5 days for over a year would be excited.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: August 13, 2009, 07:23:22 AM

Not that I'm currently playing or think I'm going to play again anytime in the near future, but yeah.  Double fuck you for removing things that are fun to do as they are now just to update it to another current raid.

One of the main things that kept me playing EQ for years and years was going back and defeating old raid bosses with less and less people as the expansions went by.  They keep tearing out old stuff in WoW instead of adding to it, which seriously takes away one of my motivations for coming back.  The 'hey, let's see if I can single-group the Avatar of War' effect.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #31 on: August 13, 2009, 07:25:03 AM

You people are serious whiners.  If you don't like "recycled" content, don't go.  I'm looking forward to it personally.  It's a quick raid with interesting mechanics, and I've often thought it's sort of sad that she's not relevant any more.

This was one of the first raids, if not THE first raid, that can take less than 30 minutes if you have it on farm.  It was ahead of its time in the days of Molten Bore-athons.  What's not to like?

Witty banter not included.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #32 on: August 13, 2009, 07:26:14 AM

It's going to be really funny to watch people wipe over and over again. The overall skill levels have really dropped in the last 5 years. I'd say that they'll "balance it lower" except that it's about doing 2 or 3 different things at once. The only way they'll make that fight not hard is if the whelps don't hurt at all and the fire on phase 3 does no damage.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: August 13, 2009, 07:49:36 AM

This was one of the first raids, if not THE first raid, that can take less than 30 minutes if you have it on farm.  It was ahead of its time in the days of Molten Bore-athons.  What's not to like?
Exactly.  Only 2 people in my guild were raiding at the time when she was relevant (me included) so our guild leader and many other people never got to experience the fun of whelps and deep breaths.  I would enjoy it just for fun.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #34 on: August 13, 2009, 08:19:15 AM

It's going to be really funny to watch people wipe over and over again. The overall skill levels have really dropped in the last 5 years.

Back then casters stacked int, rogues didn't care about tohit, and most tanks didn't even know proper rotations beyond stack sunder, then stack some more. Geddon's bomb was an immense threat, several raid bosses were nothing more than tank'n'spanks, and +fireresist was the preferred way to victory. Also lolwepskill.

Rose tinted glasses, they're awesome.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuu  
Jump to: