Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:25:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 NFL  (Read 169908 times)
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: December 25, 2009, 10:20:08 AM

Romo isn't one of the elites, and I will accept no less for the Cowboys.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Things are different in Texas man. If you're merely good, you suck. If you're great, you're just OK.

Romo isn't the main problem though. Wade is. Mr-I just saw the worst fucking play in my entire life and I have no expression on my face-Wade. What kind of fucking coach does that? I'd rather not try to figure it out. Someone fire Gruden from ABC or something. Let him work in Texas instead. That's what we need. Someone who's pissed all the time. Err.. except we already had someone even better than that. Parcells.. Sadly, guys like Parcells or Gruden never work well with the Cowboys. Because of Jones. We're basically fucked on coaches, so I shouldn't even complain about it.

I live in Texas, too. Until Romo wins a Super Bowl, he will never be completely accepted in Dallas no matter how well he plays. I understand that. However, people just don't realize how good he is. There's no other QB in this league that can do the things Romo does behind this shit o-line. Imagine if they actually gave him a clean pocket to work with on a regular basis. If he wins a Super Bowl, he'll be adored. Then he'll get old and his play will fall off and people will boo him like they did at the end of Aikman's career. We're tough on QBs.

Yes, I'm not a fan of Wade as the HC. I'd go for Gruden, but he just signed an extension with ESPN and he seems pretty content to stay there for at least another year. I'm guessing it's going to be Garrett and I think he might be alright as an HC. He strikes me as much more of a hardass than Wade, but not so far in that direction as someone like Parcells.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #491 on: December 25, 2009, 10:44:47 AM

Problem with Garrett is that he has a hard on for QB's... he was a QB, I think. Which doesn't help when that isn't exactly some big glaring strong point. He squanders good running opportunities. Barber's been capable in the past of getting as many yds per carry as the best RB's in the league. But when you compare him to everyone else, he's got a shit total. That's what I call squandering. Anyways, it's probably past his prime now, and he's been hurt a bit, but I hold it against Garrett for barely using him in the first place. I remember Parcells had more planned than that.

edit: This goes without saying that Barber barely needs an O-line! Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? He is an O-line. Smaller version of Bo Jackson imo.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 10:48:53 AM by stray »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #492 on: December 26, 2009, 12:27:27 PM

Buehler has made the Cowboys one of the better teams as far as opponent starting position on kickoffs in the league. McBriar is one of the best punters in the league. I'm not sure where the hate is warranted on any special teams unit besides the one that Nick Folk single-handedly fucked up, which is FGs, and we found our replacement a few days ago in Suisham.

They probably don't deserve a lot of crap on kick coverage, but it's fresh in the mind of fans that they gave up a huge game-changer return TD to the Giants that helped seal the game. As far as returns of their own, they are very good on punts, but shitty on kickoffs.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #493 on: December 28, 2009, 08:12:12 AM

Fuck the Colts for pulling Manning and giving the Jets a win!  Now I gotta hope for the Pats and Bengals to care about seeding enough to beat the Texans and Jets, respectively, for the Steelers to sneak in the playoff backdoor.

Of course, if I were the Colts I would have locked Manning locked in a hyperbaric chamber two weeks ago.  But I can still be mad on the Internet, right?

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #494 on: December 28, 2009, 08:21:51 AM

Fuck the Colts for pulling Manning and giving the Jets a win!  Now I gotta hope for the Pats and Bengals to care about seeding enough to beat the Texans and Jets, respectively, for the Steelers to sneak in the playoff backdoor.

Of course, if I were the Colts I would have locked Manning locked in a hyperbaric chamber two weeks ago.  But I can still be mad on the Internet, right?

Tough call to pull the starters. My opinion, it was a shit call. Manning is durable - he is not going to suddenly shatter. The man is about as smart as they come and is very aware when to make the quick throws to avoid sacks and hits. The call just cheapened the game which is fucking nonsense and should not happen in professional sports. Your players are there to play and they know every snap there is a chance to get hurt.

The real wtf situation is brewing in NOLA. Seriously? Tampa Bay? Seriously?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: December 28, 2009, 10:19:41 AM

Personally no worries at NO unless the same thing happens next week.  They were trying to take it easy,  and would have won the game if not for 1: punt return for touchdown and 2: the missed field goal.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #496 on: December 28, 2009, 11:49:43 PM

Both the Saints and the Vikes have something to worry about. They've played like shit for 3 straight weeks. Both defenses & special teams have been inept at the worst possible times. The offenses have been inconsistent. It's a terrible way to coast into the playoffs.

Also, Favre just lost to Jay Fucking Cutler. Fuck you very much.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The Colts pulling their starters is completely understandable, but still sucks monkey ass. The fans get to see some shit play for almost half the game, and the Jets get the chance to be in the playoffs that they really do not deserve. They will get hammered by a team taking the game seriously.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #497 on: December 29, 2009, 02:48:03 AM

The Colts pulling their starters is completely understandable

Eh, I disagree.  I think if you get a shot at making history, you take it.  There's 43 teams out there that have won Super Bowls.  There's one that's had an undefeated season.  Unless it's a team you're a fan of, you probably couldn't tell me off the top of your head who won the Super Bowl in a particular year.  Most football fans know the '72 Dolphins.  Besides that, the Colts also had a record 23 game regular season winning streak going.   I think showing a complete lack of balls here and playing it safe is only going to be bad for the team going forward anyway.  Nothing like stopping your own teams momentum right before the fucking playoffs.
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #498 on: December 29, 2009, 05:56:02 AM

Re: the Colts discussion; I really don't like the idea of pulling your starters for any reason. The fans pay to see a game, it takes out the "competitive" in competitive sports. What's the point of playing if you're just going to throw the game?

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #499 on: December 29, 2009, 06:28:47 AM

The "tackling" for the vikes last night was atrocious.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: December 29, 2009, 07:39:20 AM

The "tackling" for the vikes last night was atrocious.

x10

I can't count how many times I shouted "WRAP HIM THE FUCK UP, ASSHAT" at the TV before just giving up and playing on the PS3 instead.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #501 on: December 29, 2009, 11:31:28 AM

The Colts pulling their starters is completely understandable

Eh, I disagree.  I think if you get a shot at making history, you take it. 

It's understandable from the viewpoint that they get nothing but glory from history, but they get shitloads of money as an organization and as individuals for winning a Super Bowl. I think it sucks in every way, though.

And yes, the Vikings defense sucked it last night. No Pat Williams is an excuse to let the Bears run on you, but the passes Cutler made? No excuse for that, especially the last two touchdowns. You just got beat.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #502 on: December 29, 2009, 11:40:09 AM

Not to mention at least three times they should have had a pick on Cutler. He throws the ball to the D, that's what he does. You gotta catch 'em!
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #503 on: December 29, 2009, 12:09:57 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing who in the AFC makes it to the playoffs. I have no love for Pittsburgh or Baltimore, I almost would like to see Houston finally make the playoffs, or the Jags.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: December 29, 2009, 02:36:59 PM

Are the Dolphins officially out of it yet, or still some far flung chance?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #505 on: December 29, 2009, 02:39:29 PM

The Fins still have a weird outside chance, just like the Steelers. There's a good possibility an 8-8 team could make the playoffs in the AFC.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #506 on: December 29, 2009, 04:28:48 PM

You know how crazy the Vikings collapse is? If the Cowboys beat Philly, the Vikings lose again, and the Cardinals lose to Green Bay, then the Cowboys would get the bye.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #507 on: December 30, 2009, 09:51:50 AM

That would be a travesty of major proportions. However, I would love seeing the Vikes lose the bye to the Eagles, and I fucking hate the Eagles. But not as much as the Cowboys of the Vikings.

WayAbvPar

Reply #508 on: December 30, 2009, 10:13:51 AM

If the entire NFC East were to explode and cease to exist, I am not sure anyone would miss it. Not a team in there I don't loathe.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #509 on: December 30, 2009, 03:01:27 PM

If the entire NFC East were to explode and cease to exist, I am not sure anyone would miss it. Not a team in there I don't loathe.

Yeah, Philly, Dallas, and the Giants don't encompass many fans across the US.  why so serious?

Forget America's team, that's America's division, baby!  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

WayAbvPar

Reply #510 on: December 30, 2009, 03:06:32 PM

I am sorry....anyone who deserves to still draw breath  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #511 on: December 30, 2009, 03:25:28 PM

How bout dem Cowboys!

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: December 30, 2009, 03:39:12 PM

I want whatever sets up (I think Philly beating Dallas, Vikings loss, Cardinals win) Green Bay vs Minnesota in the first round. Then I want Green Bay to crush them.

Also, I root for the Eagles, I had a stepdad from there and he rubbed off on me. What's wrong with the Eagles? DeSean Jackson is one of the most exciting players in the NFL to watch.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #513 on: December 30, 2009, 03:48:08 PM

What's wrong with the Eagles? Michael Vick and Eagles fans. I think that about covers it.

WayAbvPar

Reply #514 on: December 30, 2009, 03:48:42 PM

How bout dem Cowboys!

Looking forward to re-quoting this after Romo pisses down his leg in another first round game  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #515 on: December 30, 2009, 03:55:51 PM

Well we can hope the Seahawks do well in the playo...

Oh, right. They haven't gone over .500 in the last two years in the shittiest division in the NFL. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

WayAbvPar

Reply #516 on: December 30, 2009, 04:13:11 PM

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #517 on: December 30, 2009, 04:14:53 PM

Oh, right. They haven't gone over .500 in the last two years in the shittiest division in the NFL. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Or like how they haven't won a playoff game in 13 12 years while every other team in the conference has won at least one in that span. No wait that's the Cowboys.

Edit: off by one error
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 04:17:04 PM by Trippy »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #518 on: December 30, 2009, 04:18:25 PM

Hey, if the Cowboys pull a miracle bye week, at least Romo will stay in the country this time.

WayAbvPar

Reply #519 on: December 30, 2009, 04:34:30 PM

Or like how they haven't won a playoff game in 13 12 years while every other team in the conference has won at least one in that span. No wait that's the Cowboys.

Edit: off by one error

You won't be wrong for long  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #520 on: December 31, 2009, 03:33:49 AM

Haven't the 49'ers sucked for as long as the Cowboys?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #521 on: December 31, 2009, 10:39:21 AM

Nope. The 49ers have won a number of playoff games since 1996, though none since Mariucci got canned.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #522 on: December 31, 2009, 11:07:35 AM

Nope. The 49ers have won a number of playoff games since 1996, though none since Mariucci got canned.

Thank you for awakening my dormant Terry Donahue rage.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #523 on: December 31, 2009, 11:11:28 AM

I blame the Yorks.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #524 on: December 31, 2009, 11:15:30 AM

Well, there's plenty of blame to go around.  awesome, for real

My personal feeling is you can chalk most of the long term fail up to the Yorks, but the proximate cause for Mariucci being fired specifically was Donahue wanting to hire "his" guy. GMs never like to stick with coaches hired by their predecessors.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2009 NFL  
Jump to: