Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:44:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good Game  (Read 3893 times)
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

on: August 08, 2009, 04:47:13 AM

I've been enjoying this show. Their wit and reviewing skills have become very good: http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/

The current episode I particularly liked. The Ninja Blade review is fun.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 11:22:05 AM by Samwise »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:19:20 AM

Do you enjoy putting threads in the proper locations?

No?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:22:59 AM

Oh, good.  I was wondering why the hell it was necessary to put "(TV show)" in the title of a TV thread.   awesome, for real

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 12:21:12 PM

Grooooooooooooooooooooooooooooan.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 01:46:01 PM

Do you enjoy putting threads in the proper locations?

No?

I thought it was more about games than TV, but apparently I was wrong. Thanks for editing the subject.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 07:58:09 PM

I don't mind the show, but I rarely watch it. They really need to have it as pure online content so they can go live with a review when the game releases, not three weeks later.

lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 08:35:32 AM

Just saw this again just now. It's a pretty polished show and the two hosts do a good job. But it's also kind of wasted in the format it is shown.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 12:13:24 AM

I'd watch it if it was on. If I knew when it was on, or more accurately if it was on when I happened to have the TV on.
(and fuck downloading 30min episodes.)

I think I've seen about 20 minutes of it in total. It's ok. It's got a touch of tryhard-tv-forced-wackyness to it. They rate games using x number of rubber chickens or some shit. HAR HAR

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 03:51:41 AM

I'd watch it if it was on. If I knew when it was on, or more accurately if it was on when I happened to have the TV on.
(and fuck downloading 30min episodes.)

I think I've seen about 20 minutes of it in total. It's ok. It's got a touch of tryhard-tv-forced-wackyness to it. They rate games using x number of rubber chickens or some shit. HAR HAR

I never used to watch it until I got a Tivo, which has a "season pass" feature to automatically record every episode. It's on 8:30pm Monday nights on ABC2 and then late Friday nights before Rage on ABC1. I usually end up watching it on Tuesday from the Tivo.

The tryhard-tv-forced-wackyness is a bit tongue-in-cheek - it's their thing, they have a "you'll expect suck, so here's some suck" thing going on, but then the reviewing is actually quality. Yes they rate in rubber chickens. I think they've forgotten it was ever a joke rating system, they're 90-something episodes old, so it's just normal to them now.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 08:25:42 PM

They've done an NGE! They axed the "real gamer" host in favour of a blonde woman from the children's channel. They accept this means losing their hardcore gamer audience, but believe it will generate a whole new "mass appeal" audience.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,28348,26280838-5014239,00.html
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 08:31:14 PM

I'd hit it.

Also, she seems pretty nerdy. Was junglist some encyclopedia of video game knowledge that the hardcore crowd would care about? Or would he be unable to stay in a conversation with me for 10 minutes? I'm just saying, who gives a fuck?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:33:56 PM by schild »
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 09:09:57 PM

Junglist never struck me as someone super-interesting or super-knowledgeable in talking about games. Neither does his partner, for that matter.

I can understand him getting pissed about the change - he's just got kicked from a cushy gaming job.

And honestly, screw mass appeal. If Hex does a better job, she deserves to be there. The 'niche audience' the show attracts isn't big enough to matter anyway. It's ABC2.

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 12:22:11 AM

The 'niche audience' the show attracts isn't big enough to matter anyway. It's ABC2.

It's also on ABC1 before Rage every Friday night, but apparently it's watched by a huge online audience. The ABC2 showing is simply more noticeable if you have the digital channels.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: Good Game  
Jump to: