Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Competitive TF2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Competitive TF2  (Read 44892 times)
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: August 31, 2009, 03:05:43 PM

I think I avoided every competitive sport there was out there. Also I throw like a girl, I don't know which way the causality flows on that one.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #176 on: August 31, 2009, 04:05:07 PM

I was the scrawny kid, had nothing to do with actual skill.

Fuck them haters.  awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #177 on: September 01, 2009, 03:31:53 AM

I once totally stuffed a dude's spike on the "omg gym volleyball is serious business" court. Apparently this resulted in some locker room mockery, but said dude insisted it wasn't REALLY something to be embarrassed about, because "she's like 12 feet tall." Good times.

God Save the Horn Players
schild
Administrator

Reply #178 on: September 01, 2009, 03:36:49 AM

There are a handful of us that have logged 50+ Hours (or in my case about 130-150) in a competitive game with actual set, hard rules: League of Legends.

If any of you want to play that competitively, sure. If not, I may see you on an annoying 4chan-like server in TF2 some day.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #179 on: September 01, 2009, 07:33:45 PM

Ugh, I remember trying the TF2 4chan server while drunk one night.  It had some cool maps, but the sound was like something out of a nightmare.  I had to fire up winamp and disable tf2's sound.
Ray
Terracotta Army

Reply #180 on: September 02, 2009, 08:55:17 PM

I think trying to recruit people to play competitively from a Website made of of people who got picked last for every sport in grade school probably isn't going to work.

Yea, really puts into perspective how small his group of friends is now, doesn't it?

I admire the attempt at an insult, but...uhh...what?

I don't know many people who play TF2 at that skill level, obviously I don't have any friends. At all.

Whatever man :)
Ray
Terracotta Army

Reply #181 on: September 02, 2009, 08:57:34 PM

There are a handful of us that have logged 50+ Hours (or in my case about 130-150) in a competitive game with actual set, hard rules: League of Legends.

If any of you want to play that competitively, sure. If not, I may see you on an annoying 4chan-like server in TF2 some day.

I feel like a broken record, but one more time: there are actual set, hard rules in competitive TF2.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #182 on: September 02, 2009, 10:13:33 PM

You're persistent.  But so is herpes.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #183 on: September 02, 2009, 11:20:01 PM

I feel like a broken record, but one more time: there are actual set, hard rules in competitive TF2.

We got it dude.  Set rules.  You're too hardcore for the majority of the video game players, and therefore making up your own rules is cool.  Because you have to.  You know?  Right?  Game designer's vanilla bullshit just isn't good enough when you absolutely, positively have got to dominate supremely.  Hardcore.  Hardcore.  Did you mention you had skill?  Yea, you kind of are a broken record.  You can either shut the fuck up, or continue to provide us with your vehement stupidity, so that we may chuckle anonymously over the interbutts.  You're choice, bro.

P. S.  How was that for an insult?

AKA Gyoza
Ray
Terracotta Army

Reply #184 on: September 02, 2009, 11:25:10 PM

Pretty terrible. Keep trying though. I like seeing you all hot 'n' bothered.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #185 on: September 02, 2009, 11:50:11 PM

P. S.  How was that for an insult?

Needed more talk about air shots.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #186 on: September 03, 2009, 09:07:25 AM

I once got a Sniper Airshot on a Cloaked Spy.  True story.

AKA Gyoza
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #187 on: September 03, 2009, 09:21:07 AM

It's not even that hard if you see him cloak. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Someone was bitching at me that I killed them with an air bodyshot. I had to explain that when someone drops off a ledge like that, it's actually a fairly easy shot, compared to someone running around all over the place - less lateral movement,  and falling is actually pretty easy to lead.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Musashi
Terracotta Army

Reply #188 on: September 03, 2009, 09:34:45 AM

I didn't see him cloak.  And mine was no mere body shot.  It was a lolhedshawt.  It was also pure skill.  I used telepathy.  Most people don't have that.  I do though.  I'm pro.

AKA Gyoza
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #189 on: September 03, 2009, 12:31:31 PM

Doug, or Jeremy?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Steam  |  Topic: Competitive TF2  
Jump to: