Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:07:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Steve McNair found dead. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steve McNair found dead.  (Read 6629 times)
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

on: July 04, 2009, 04:55:57 PM

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 06:02:20 PM

Yah.  This is fucked up.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 06:33:37 PM

Damn, hate to hear this.  He was a great QB for my Titans. 
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 06:36:10 PM

WTF?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 08:32:30 PM

Robbery or love triangle? What exactly was this?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 08:35:23 PM

Robbery or love triangle? What exactly was this?

No idea yet.    It's a condo he was known to frequent, with a woman that was not his wife.   

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-steve-mcnair-found-dead-0704,0,3187363.story

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 10:05:58 PM

The circumstances are strange, and I really hope this chick wasn't some affair. McNair was a tough motherfucker, played with a bruised sternum that probably would have put most men on their ass and played well. Not to mention the fact that he really genuinely tried to help people. He was one of the few NFL guys (the two Mannings and Favre as well) who actually went down to New Orleans to help out during Katrina.

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 05:52:13 AM

Yeah, but Favre did it to poll floaters-by on what was better - houses or Brett Favre.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 06:07:15 AM

Murder-suicide?

Ex-NFL QB Steve McNair, woman found slain in Tenn

McNair, who led the famous Tennessee Titans' drive that came a yard short of forcing overtime in the 2000 Super Bowl, was found dead on a sofa in the living room Saturday with multiple gunshot wounds, including one to the head. His friend, Sahel Kazemi, was very close to him on the floor, killed by a single gunshot. A pistol was discovered near her, but police said it took a while to find the firearm.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 08:58:42 AM

It's looking like he told this chick it was over and she popped him several times and then shot herself. Police aren't actively looking for suspects.

Answer: Love triangle. Also, this chick was 20. Not many married men in their mid-30s has a 20-year-old woman "friend" that is plutonic.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 04:26:25 PM

Crazy.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 04:46:58 PM

It's looking like he told this chick it was over and she popped him several times and then shot herself. Police aren't actively looking for suspects.

Answer: Love triangle. Also, this chick was 20. Not many married men in their mid-30s has a 20-year-old woman "friend" that is plutonic.

She just got mad that he downgraded her from a planet.

Too soon?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:49:58 PM

Nah.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 05:23:55 PM

All my horrible typing aside, police confirmed that she bought the gun. They are being really really cautious about declaring it a murder-suicide though, while basically giving out all the indicators to the public.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 08:12:20 PM

Really really horrible news.  Seemed like a really good guy and one of the toughest QBs I've ever seen.  Damn shame. 
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 05:50:16 PM

All my horrible typing aside, police confirmed that she bought the gun. They are being really really cautious about declaring it a murder-suicide though, while basically giving out all the indicators to the public.

They've now declared it as such. Apparently, she had dreams of him leaving his wife or something, and when that never materialized, she slowly went downhill. Such a lame way to go out. It might be even less tragic if his wife shot him.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 09:48:56 PM

These kinds of situations boil down to sex, money, or a combination of both. I'm amazed that many pros live as long as they do with all the pressures they face, and the low-hanging fruit around.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 09:55:52 PM

I wouldn't make too big a deal out of the sex part so much that he just simply shagged some chick who happened to be a nutcase. Also, way too young. If anything, he should have seen drama coming... But damn, getting a bullet in the head. He wouldn't have seen that coming, because it's not something that usually happens. At least this is the first time I've heard of anything like that.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:00:53 PM by stray »
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 10:05:12 PM

The almost half-your-age factor was a mistake. It's not a mistake that means you get shot in the head though, as you said. Still, it's a shame that laundry has to get aired over his dead body.

SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 10:13:38 PM

Reports I heard on ESPN radio this afternoon said the girlfriend that shot him saw him coming out of another woman's apartment, rumored to be girlfriend #2.  Had recently upgraded girlshooterfriend's car from a Kia to an Escalade.

So, wife and two girlfriends. 

Nobody deserves to die for something like that, but all the glossing over of what a swell guy he was could probably stop.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 10:40:04 PM

He didn't exactly buy her an escalade. He made some payments on it and got it in her hands, but apparently, he expected her to keep up with later payments himself. Kind of a half assed sugar daddy, I guess. She was going through financial troubles because of it... Besides that, she couldn't sell the other car and was going through payments on that as well.

She was also crazy enough to shoot him and still be attached to him.. The police say she positioned herself to rest on his knees as she killed herself. Not really an important detail, I guess. But it didn't sound like it was out of anger.. Just hopelessness. Maybe I shouldn't call her a nutcase  so much.. Other than that most 20 yr old, financially desperate, women who can't get someone they love are nutcases.. and hopeless enough to pull shit like this. Perhaps he should have seen it coming. I never expect anyone to shoot me, but you know not to stick around with shit like that either.

Geez, I'm bored. This post is too long. why so serious?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 09:24:58 AM

Anybody who is willing to commit a murder-suicide is a nutcase in my book.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #22 on: July 09, 2009, 10:41:28 AM

Nobody deserves to die for something like that, but all the glossing over of what a swell guy he was could probably stop.

While he was a shitbag for fucking around on his wife, and I'm sorely disappointed by that, he was still a "swell guy" as you say. He helped a lot of people, probably more than most people would. His dick may have led him into bad places (and eventually to a bullet in the head) but at least his heart kept him from forgetting the people who helped him along the way. His infidelity with a consenting adult shouldn't disqualify him from at least being considered a humanitarian.

WayAbvPar

Reply #23 on: July 09, 2009, 10:42:48 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of 'arrangement' with his wife regarding his philandering. I get the feeling that is a lot more common with the rich and famous than is publicly known.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Steve McNair found dead.  
Jump to: