Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Overlord 2 - Triumph Studios - PC/360/PS3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Overlord 2 - Triumph Studios - PC/360/PS3  (Read 6425 times)
bhodi

No lie.

on: June 29, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

Did you like the first one?

It's the same game. The exact same game. 4 creature types, spend money to spruce up your castle, forge new weapons, armor. Really. You even have the same set of armor.

The only difference/improvement from the first is occasionally your browns can ride wolves to move faster and there are also stationary constructions like ballistae and catapults you can pilot. There's also a ship you can sail around in one level.

If you liked the first and played it long enough ago that the gameplay will be somewhat fresh and new,

Rent it.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:52:11 PM

I fully agree. Nifty game, not really any replayability, but fun for a while.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 01:59:49 PM

The first one was really fun for a short time then it felt redundant. Good to know I can skip the second. Thanks for the BiiF!
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:54:36 PM

I liked the first one and i hate this one.

I think the reason is it feels tedious and ill put together.  I can't tell you how many times i have simply thought, what the hell do I have to do next?  The city quests not being completeable until later stages in the game don't help either.  Its just a taxing game.  Don't make the mistake I did, rent it and save your money.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 09:36:06 PM

The demo plays like it will be a great $20 title, much like the first one is.
nurtsi
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 12:26:55 AM

Just played the first few missions, but I like it (I did like the first one as well). It still has some of the same problems the first one did (I already got stuck at one point and had to look at a walkthough from youtube, because I couldn't figure how to trigger the first gate). But the game is charming and occasionally almost funny. Baby seals, beware.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 03:57:11 AM

I liked the first one and i hate this one.

I think the reason is it feels tedious and ill put together.  I can't tell you how many times i have simply thought, what the hell do I have to do next?  The city quests not being completeable until later stages in the game don't help either.  Its just a taxing game.  Don't make the mistake I did, rent it and save your money.

While I don't hate this one, in fact I'm having quite a good time with it, I do get lost on occasion too. The level design seems to be less intuitive than in the first game which is a shame, it's otherwise an entertaining little game.
MournelitheCalix
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 06:18:33 PM

Just had my saved game corrupt in the salamander area.  I think this is going to be the first game since Pools of Radiance 2 that I don't finish.   This is a really bad game.  The design is simply aweful.

Born too late to explore the new world.
Born too early to explore the universe.
Born just in time to see liberty die.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:39 PM

I tend to agree. It gets steadily worse and less interesting. If only there was SOMETHING new. It'll be a struggle to finish it, if I even do.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 07:46:13 AM

Oh dear.  I guess it's Pikmin 2 for me.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 11:17:35 AM

Are you crazy? That game is unpossible!

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 12:09:12 PM

Are you crazy? That game is unpossible!

Only if you try using a Wiimote to control it.  Apparently.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  But is it Fun?  |  Topic: Overlord 2 - Triumph Studios - PC/360/PS3  
Jump to: