Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:51:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Bazooko's Circus Redux: The Long, Slow Summer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bazooko's Circus Redux: The Long, Slow Summer  (Read 50711 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 10:20:10 AM

The best thing about RPing is that it annoys munchkins and powergamers.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #36 on: July 01, 2009, 11:50:44 AM

This is not the assassin type I'm used to from other games. Lacks that explosive damage. Either I'm doing something completely wrong or this may not be the class for me... but likely some combination of both. I may try a caster.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #37 on: July 01, 2009, 12:36:13 PM

No one wants to be on the receiving end of that thing assasins do at level 80 and hits you 12 times in 2 seconds for 3500+

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 01, 2009, 12:38:26 PM

I only played a day or two from release. I could see trying it again since AoC, unlike WAR, sounds like they might "get it".

What class(es) are most needed, based on the assumption of grouping for leveling and open PvP everywhere?

Casual game. Not making people play classes. Play whatever you want.

For those who derive a strange enjoyment out of taking one for the team though, a few of us realized earlier during a trip through Black Castle where we were relying on a somewhat incompetent tank, that we don't really have a lot of tanks in the guild.  In fact we completely lack any Guardians.  Some more Rangers would also be a nice addition also.  Might roll up a Guardian as my lv. 50, and I'm hoping transfers open up soon and that I'll be able to transfer my 55 Ranger.  But if those classes sound like they might be fun to play for anyone who is still thinking about coming back to AoC...

I just dinged 30 with my DT if I ever get Heavy armor I should be able to tank.  Maybe.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: July 01, 2009, 12:47:11 PM

No one wants to be on the receiving end of that thing

That's what she said.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #40 on: July 01, 2009, 12:58:05 PM

I only played a day or two from release. I could see trying it again since AoC, unlike WAR, sounds like they might "get it".

What class(es) are most needed, based on the assumption of grouping for leveling and open PvP everywhere?

Casual game. Not making people play classes. Play whatever you want.

For those who derive a strange enjoyment out of taking one for the team though, a few of us realized earlier during a trip through Black Castle where we were relying on a somewhat incompetent tank, that we don't really have a lot of tanks in the guild.  In fact we completely lack any Guardians.  Some more Rangers would also be a nice addition also.  Might roll up a Guardian as my lv. 50, and I'm hoping transfers open up soon and that I'll be able to transfer my 55 Ranger.  But if those classes sound like they might be fun to play for anyone who is still thinking about coming back to AoC...

I just dinged 30 with my DT if I ever get Heavy armor I should be able to tank.  Maybe.

My friend rolled a Guardian last night. He just finally managed to get the game installed. So we can put Tank +1.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 01, 2009, 05:36:49 PM

No one wants to be on the receiving end of that thing assasins do at level 80 and hits you 12 times in 2 seconds for 3500+
Ya know, even with history telling me I'll never see 80, that's enough to keep me plugging away... bah.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #42 on: July 01, 2009, 06:18:55 PM

Swift strike. And by the way a 67 Assassin today vaporized my 71 Conqueror. Yes, I was doing mobs, but vaporized. Swift motherfucking strikes. And yes, there's a build for maximize the damage there.

Since I am here, I'll tell you a few things about how certain very short duration buffs can be used in Age of Conan for massive slaughterism. Very short means 4 seconds or so.
Let's take the Barbarian as an example: a duel wielding barb can deal insane damage thanks to his storm of steel combo. It starts chopping away life from the enemies and in a matter of 3 or 4 seconds it drains away something like 2000 life. Now, that can be dramatically improved, how?

There's a build that gives your barbs lots of those 5 secs buff, crit enhancers, offhand triggers, dots on next hit and stuff like that. Now, the trick is to setup all those buffs (they are 5 if I remember correctly) to activate with a single button. It can be easily done with a G15 keyboard or an external application that binds 5 keys to one, like the middle mouse button.

Now, the Storm of Steel barb combo at lev 80 is a 3 step one, plus the starter. What you want to do is to Fire up the starter, then perform the first, second... and BEFORE you hit the third step, also known as finisher, that releases the full combo and starts the aforementioned chopping... you hit your middle mouse button and VOILA all the 5 short instant buffs are active at once... meaning, your Storm of Steel finisher will be UBERCHARGED! Instead of the original 2000 damages you will hit for something like 4000. Wowza.

Now, many classes have stuff like that, I can clearly remembrer my ToS charging up his (prepatch) oneshotter in a similar way. Of course, once you are done with that you are out of it for at least 30 seconds or so, probably more for a full new alpha strike, but that's how some classes hit you for impossible damage. Builds are that important, and surgical precision and timing are too. Finally, g15 or external apps.

Why am I telling you this? I don't know, I don't have an Assassin, so I don't even know if this is what they are doing, but gawd... I HATE that Swift Strike.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #43 on: July 01, 2009, 07:52:08 PM

If any of you guys are online shoot me an invite-  Morgoreth
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 02, 2009, 05:35:00 AM

Does anyone have a link to a good guide for newbies?  I never layed but I am downloading today and would like to join in the fun!

I was thinking of going Necro but that seems to be a bit overpopulated from the discussions here.  How is a demonologist?  (I am sick of playing healers so unless there is something shadow-priest like don't reccomend them).
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #45 on: July 02, 2009, 06:56:05 AM

Does anyone have a link to a good guide for newbies?  I never layed but I am downloading today and would like to join in the fun!

I was thinking of going Necro but that seems to be a bit overpopulated from the discussions here.  How is a demonologist?  (I am sick of playing healers so unless there is something shadow-priest like don't reccomend them).

Play a melee for a bit so you can see how the combos work.  They are definitely different than what you will find in other games.  You will probably just need to play a few of the classes to see how you like them.  The healers seem to all be fairly proficient at dealing damage, but I haven't progressed to 80. 
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #46 on: July 02, 2009, 07:17:26 AM

I could use an invite, character name = Cheddar.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: July 02, 2009, 08:58:32 AM

Rolled a Tempest of Set just to see what the casters are like.
If alts aren't shunned please add 'Dryvyn' to the fray.
Kirth
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: July 02, 2009, 01:51:19 PM

I am still playing! just caught up in work and canada day celebrations! whats the avg level now of people? I still have the option of making a level 50 on agony as apparently I got my bear shaman to 65 before.
Vash
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 02:39:43 PM

I still don't have a character over 20 yet and may try 1 or 2 more classes before finally making a decision, so there's at least one person who's getting out of the gate slowly.  I'm willing to bet there are a few other slow starters as well, or just slow levelers period due to play time limitations.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 02, 2009, 03:15:07 PM

character name = rutty
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #51 on: July 02, 2009, 08:51:21 PM

Stop asking me for Guild invites.   why so serious?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: July 03, 2009, 06:34:56 PM

Alright. I have been playing this on the Set server for a couple weeks and just realized you all started back at about the same time I did.

I made a character on Agony. Assassin by the name of Cacophony. Please invite when you get a moment. I cannot find any of you online. Bleh. :)

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #53 on: July 03, 2009, 06:38:39 PM

How do I go about getting invite rights?  Evidently my in-game name is easy for Forum members to remember. 

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #54 on: July 03, 2009, 09:57:29 PM

I started a toon on the server. Name is Tormenta, Demonologist

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: July 04, 2009, 01:57:20 PM

incoming alt:

amiable - tempest of set
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #56 on: July 09, 2009, 04:46:26 AM

If anyone needs an invite: send a tell to Cadwin
schild
Administrator

Reply #57 on: July 13, 2009, 04:50:37 PM

If anyone can make a level 50 and get their free 1.5 gold, we're 2.5 gold total away from a full tier 1 city.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #58 on: July 13, 2009, 05:09:05 PM

Hrm, if I still had the client installed, could give the 5g that are on my demo. Give me a moment.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
schild
Administrator

Reply #59 on: July 13, 2009, 05:12:36 PM

You know this is on Agony, right?
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #60 on: July 13, 2009, 05:13:06 PM

Obviously.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Age of Conan  |  Topic: Bazooko's Circus Redux: The Long, Slow Summer  
Jump to: