Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Changes to the game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changes to the game  (Read 42931 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 02:54:13 PM

Another hit of advance try testing builds at the great temple of balthzar to test what they can do. If your warrior bar can't dispatch of the master of healing then your lacking.

That's a great little piece of advice!  Thanks for this.  

I've been playing other classes more, including my ritualist, paragon, and necro.  I also give my ranger some time.  I've also been playing primarily PvE as it appeals to my "get home from work and grind something without paying attention" senses. 

Play a BurningArrow ranger in Fort AspenAmberWood or whatever that battleground is called.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 03:04:45 PM

Playing a burning arrow ranger anyway is  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 03:54:30 AM

I like that Fort BG especially because you get the nice wall to hide behind and just pepper people from above and all that jazz.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You can actually capture the nearest Amber mine on either side useing the super long range bow with the high arc.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 11:43:49 PM

In what started out as an exploration bug and has turned into an OCD one, though really because I want to catch the Phoenix from the Hall of Monuments, I've been working on Tyrian Cartographer.  I had a lot of ground to go back over since I learned about it late in the game, and am only now learning the best tricks for getting every nook and cranny.  I managed to reach 99.0% tonight after struggling the past few weeks from 96%.

Getting desperate enough to start stiching screenshots together and comparing them to a 100% explored map, I came to realize there is an area by Droknar's Forge that I missed!  Sweet, sweet Grandmaster title tomorrow! Grin

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 10:09:21 AM

OK, you're officially nuts.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 11:00:16 AM

You must have been too busy raiding else you would have noticed this months ago. tongue

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 09:07:26 PM

Done with Tyria.  I'm now a Grandmistress.  Yay me!

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 10:01:21 PM

Done with Tyria.  I'm now a Grandmistress.  Yay me!

You are the Pokemon Grandmaster. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #43 on: July 10, 2009, 11:35:43 AM

Nuts.  Ohhhhh, I see.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #44 on: September 29, 2009, 07:13:21 AM

-What is a "55" point build?
-Is there a bonus to gaining crafting items when using an Expert Salvage kit?
-Should I bother with white items?  Should I ID stuff before salvaging?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: September 29, 2009, 09:01:19 AM

I don't know what the "55" build is.  I don't tend to follow build discussions.

An Expert Salvage kit gives you a chance to harvest rare materials, and allows you to pull components off an item.  There is a large chance the item will be destroyed by doing so, but these components allow you to upgrade items you and your heroes use.  (If you increase some of your title skills, the chances of destroying the item go down.)

Identified items sell for more, and allow you to salvage components.  High value items are better for selling than salvage.

EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: September 29, 2009, 10:27:58 AM

-What is a "55" point build?
-Is there a bonus to gaining crafting items when using an Expert Salvage kit?

The 55 refers to a Monk farming build.  They reduce their Health down to 55 and then use Protective Spirit to limit any damage they take to 5.5hp.  This makes the Monk all but invincible in areas where enchant removal and health degeneration are in short supply.  Here's a ridiculously in-depth article that breaks it all down:

http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible_Monk

most often known as Drevik
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #47 on: September 30, 2009, 06:47:49 AM

Any suggestions?  Just ignore them?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
EWSpider
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: September 30, 2009, 07:50:36 AM

Any suggestions?  Just ignore them?

You should always ID stuff first because you may unlock an item upgrade you don't have yet.  Also, it might have an attribute like Highly Valuable (could probably sell it for more than the salvage is worth) or it might be Highly Salvageable.  If you don't ID it first I'm not sure if you'd get the extra materials from salvaging it.  I generally just sell white items unless I'm in need of a specific material for crafting.

most often known as Drevik
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: September 30, 2009, 10:09:47 AM

Yes, ID everything.

What to do with white items depends on what you want.  If it's a neat look you can scavenge components off other items and upgrade.  (More useful with maxed weapons.)  You can salvage it for materials.  You can sell it for gold.

I'd rather salvage a white for materials than a blue, purple or gold, since it will sell for less.  Blues, purples, and golds I only salvage for components if I need it, since they sell well.  Armors with first rank runes I salvage since they tend to sell for a lot to rune traders, and if the armor isn't destroyed it sells well, too.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: October 01, 2009, 10:34:29 PM

I'll cross-post this in the Aion thread just in case, however anyone who purchased a digital version of the collector's edition now qualifies for the /aion emote.  You need to contact support after applying your key:

Updated FAQ

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 22, 2009, 11:49:33 AM

Triple post, but I didn't think it deserving of a new thread.

Guild Wars has added costume slots.  There are two available for Christmas.  Old Festival hats, well, newly generated old hats, go into the costume head slot so you can have the appearance while still wearing your armor.

It is a small step for an aging game, but I approve since I'm big on being able to customize your look without changing your abilities.  Hopefully we'll see it in GW2.

Edit:  Oh, and I just found out the White Jingle Moa is now tamable! Grin
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:00:10 PM by Lantyssa »

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 09:43:17 PM

As a tie-in to Guild Wars 2, the original is building up to The War in Kryta.  There are costumes associated with the event, much as they had with the Dwayna/Grenth outfits for Winter.  (Until the end of May there's a discount pack available.)  Supposedly some new quests are, or will be, added which moves this along.

There have been some conversations added in the Hall of Monuments for those who own GW:EN.  Minor things so far, but foreshadowing 'history' in GW2.

Also I am now a Grandmaster Elonian Explorer.  Only Cantha left.  Yes, I'm crazy.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Guild Wars  |  Topic: Changes to the game  
Jump to: