Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:04:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Good bye, Mark Jacobs. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good bye, Mark Jacobs.  (Read 5645 times)
Xurtan
Terracotta Army

on: June 24, 2009, 10:30:08 AM

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=841

Today we have important news to share with the community. EA is restructuring its RPG and MMO games development into a new group that includes both Mythic and BioWare. This newly formed team will be led by Ray Muzyka, co-founder and General Manager of BioWare. With this change, Ray becomes Group General Manager of the new  RPG/MMO studio group. BioWare’s other co-founder, Greg Zeschuk will become Group Creative Officer for the new RPG/MMO studio group. Rob Denton will step up as General Manager of Mythic and report to Ray. BioWare’s studios remain unchanged and continue to report to Ray.

Mark Jacobs, current General Manager of Mythic will leave EA on June 23, 2009. We thank Mark for his contributions at Mythic and wish him the very best going forward. Mark played a major part in the success of Mythic with his contribution as General Manager and Lead Designer of WAR.

Mythic retains a strong team led by Rob who co-founded Mythic in 1995. Rob played a critical role in the development of Dark Age of Camelot. In his previous role as COO, he was responsible for all day-to-day management of the studio including all development, operations and support.

Please join us in celebrating the union of these two award-winning studios.

(*grumble* And I fail at searching. Delete this or whatever. Searched for the link instead of the quote, looks like it was already posted in one of the longer threads.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 10:31:44 AM by Xurtan »
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 10:31:54 AM

awesome, for real

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 10:41:52 AM

I fucking knew that was coming. Maybe the Bioware guys can kick a mudhole in Barnett's ass, or just shut him the fuck up.

schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:09:25 AM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: Good bye, Mark Jacobs.  
Jump to: