Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:43:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Morrowind: Better read than played. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Morrowind: Better read than played.  (Read 21139 times)
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 12:15:50 AM

Am I the only one seeing really, really, dark screenies?
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 12:18:28 AM

That's pretty much the entirety of Morrowind.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: July 07, 2009, 02:55:43 AM

I tried to bump up the gamma for a few, it doesn't take for screenshots.

EDIT: I screwed around a little more with GIMP, not a whole lot, but they should be a little better now.  Morrowind doesn't screenshot well when it's dark or foggy.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:20:00 AM by Sheepherder »
Mosesandstick
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 07, 2009, 10:18:01 AM

Ah, it's probably the calibration on my monitor. I'm used to the 'dark' (i.e. brown and grey) look of Morrowind, not black. I'll just save your screenies and lookit them myself  Ohhhhh, I see..
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 12:11:55 PM

Ah, it's probably the calibration on my monitor. I'm used to the 'dark' (i.e. brown and grey) look of Morrowind, not black. I'll just save your screenies and lookit them myself  Ohhhhh, I see..

I have a Dell monitor that is capable of "sear your eyes out of your head" levels of contrast and brightness, which ameliorates the insane realism ( why so serious? ) of Morrowind.

Also, Monty Haul incoming soon.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 11:33:57 PM

Update: So I turned my Monty Haul into a segue back into the main story arc.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 07:56:58 AM

It's an enjoyable read man, brings back some good memories. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: July 14, 2009, 07:23:25 PM

Another update.  Fuck this game and it's horrible fucking encumbrance system has me pissed at the moment.  Wearing good gear should not limit your ability to make money by looting things.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 11:01:39 AM

Another update.  Fuck this game and it's horrible fucking encumbrance system has me pissed at the moment.  Wearing good gear should not limit your ability to make money by looting things.

"Everything better is heavier -- it's Soviet thinking!"
- coworker playing Oblivion

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 08:12:42 PM

So, I'm getting into some serious love/hate shit right now in respects to this game.  Mostly due to the fact that I'm effectively forced to wear no gear but a two-hander and cuirass if I want to actually be able to loot the things I kill, which is the only option if you like money and aren't abusing a retarded economy.  I'm actually contemplating putting together a rebalance mod, because the only ones I can find perpetuate this kind of fucking retarded thinking.

The problem is I would have to basically modify every item entry in the game, because it's all shortbus.

The other problem is how to work the numbers to create something that isn't a total wall of Grunk style retardation.

The third is whether I should copy a mod I've previously built and make all the chop/slash/thrust values the same, so that the game doesn't beat you over the head for walking sideways while fighting with a spear, yet doesn't have the same fuckstupid appearance as combat with the "always use best attack" option on.

Fuck it, I'll slam my way through this playthrough and then tinker.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #45 on: August 04, 2009, 02:41:20 PM

I loaded this up and tried to play again. The world is much better and more in-depth, but man is the travel ridiculously tedious. Also, the melee missing system is one of the most retarded things ever. They fixed both those with Oblivion.

However, I don't like you couldn't join the Legion in Oblivion. That questline is one of my favorite parts of Morrowind.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #46 on: August 16, 2009, 12:23:32 AM

Two weeks later and I hate fish. HATE SLAUGHTERFISH! Also Cliff Racers.

However, the sheer amount of quests in Morrowind makes Oblivion look like total shit. If they had put the same amount of effort into the faction system and quest lines, it would unquestionably be my favorite game of all time.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  The f13 Radicalthon  |  Topic: Morrowind: Better read than played.  
Jump to: