Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:11:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Khan Wars 2.0 (yet another medieval online strat.) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Khan Wars 2.0 (yet another medieval online strat.)  (Read 2768 times)
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

on: June 22, 2009, 12:28:50 AM

http://www.khanwars.com/

Found this game searching for something like "King's Age" but with a lil' more flavor.  I'd say so far this is the best version of this type of game I've found (aside from totally text-based games).  Basically, it's King's Age (Tribal Wars, et. al) only with:

-smoother UI
-better artwork/graphics
-better writing
-9 Historical Races each with strengths/weaknesses (so group synergies)
-A Dynasty system (basically, you have offspring you can marry off to other kingdoms to consummate peace/trade/low taxes)
-Building queues are simultaneous i.e. u build things simultaneously if you'd like
-A Hero System (you can further specialize into different areas like Leadership, Archery, etc.)  The Hero is basically the King and he has his own set of stats.
-Greater Population/resource control (you can shift population to areas of need)
-Clan system with forums, rankings, etc.
-Slick tutorial/quest Advisor
-lots more

What I like most about this game is the combat system.  In this particular game you can customize your ORBAT (order of battle) as well as formations.  There are something like 30 different units and you basically mix em around like chess pieces.  What basically happens is you end up forming battle-lines, with archers in the rear (because they have better range) etc.  Attackers have to blast through a wall and frontlines (along with surviving an initial ranged attack if you have the ORBAT setup that way), etc. to get to your rears.... so you dont lose units randomly.  At the end of it all you get an extensive battle report.  Your amies also have many more commands then the normal game of this type (they can attk, patrol, gather, etc.)

The microtrans. isnt bad and you're given a helluva lot of coins to start with, so it's easier to play on level ground from day one.  Also, you're immune from attacks until lvl 1 (while you're running the tutorial with an Advisor-bot).  You can also xfer coins to clanmates.  Overall, it doesnt seem pricey and you can tailor your expenditures to whatever you need in particular... or you can not spend anything (it's not a very glaring deficiency if you dont buy-in)

Overall, the game plays pretty fast even at the start (which I like).  Resources roll in quick and building time isnt long.  As usual, you conquer castles with reduction in Loyalty, brought on by a particular unit (Noblemen)... how many of these and where you have them in your formation determines how much loyalty you drain.

Anyways, I've got a Realm up in World 7, the newest world with least population.  If anyone else plays maybe we'll start up BC.
I've only just started so I dont know all the ins-and-outs yet... and "no," you dont get to choose your starting position, but there is resource xfer between guildies (along with the typical market system) but I'm not sure the travel times.

oh, here's my recruitment link  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
http://www2.khanwars.com/?recruit=103H36967
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 10:57:34 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 04:38:57 AM

I'll check this out when I get home today.
grebo
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 07:45:41 AM

Premium options let you directly buy resources, and a hell of a lot of other stuff.  Seems broken to me.

Why don't you try our other games?
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 11:04:08 AM

Premium options let you directly buy resources, and a hell of a lot of other stuff.  Seems broken to me.

You brought up the only sticky point I have so far.  Typically, most games only allow production increases with microtrans.  but this one allows direct-buy every 24 hrs.  I believe it's 10-times your hourly production in a lump sum.

I dont really care so much about it now because they start you out with like 600 coins, but later on it might be an issue.  I figure by then most people's castles will be sufficiently stocked regardless.

Anyways, just another browser-game to try out.  It's at least free till you run out of coins (which I believe are earnable).

name in-game is: "Infiniteless"    awesome, for real
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 11:22:32 AM by Ghambit »

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Browser-Based Titles  |  Topic: Khan Wars 2.0 (yet another medieval online strat.)  
Jump to: