Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:53:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Daily Show  (Read 132804 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #245 on: May 16, 2011, 10:46:33 AM

Yeah, Stewart's been on the Factor before at least once. But really, the scary part is that O'Reilly is the sanest guy on FoxNews these days.

Shep Smith

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #246 on: May 17, 2011, 03:28:28 AM

I think it about as well as you might expect

I do genuinely feel that these two guys have a more-than-grudging respect for each other.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: May 17, 2011, 06:44:49 AM

Well, sure, but I'm going to ask again :  What was the Point of Stewart going on ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #248 on: May 17, 2011, 07:04:03 AM

Ratings.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #249 on: May 17, 2011, 07:33:36 AM

Yes, it seems big O just does not care about what jon was saying, he just kept inserting falsehoods as fact. I think it would have been better if O came to the daily show instead.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:35:54 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #250 on: May 17, 2011, 07:35:39 AM

Ratings.

I meant for Stewart.

Obviously.

Dumbass.

why so serious?

Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #251 on: May 17, 2011, 08:20:22 AM

I think he actually enjoys doing it, and it probably gives him material for his show.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #252 on: May 17, 2011, 08:52:07 AM

I think it is fun for him, and it probably helps raise his profile a bit.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: May 17, 2011, 09:13:16 AM

awesome, for real

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #254 on: May 17, 2011, 09:56:51 AM

I think there's a big part of him that wants to have a meaningful dialogue. One of the biggest criticisms of FOX News personalities is that they exist in their own bubble, refusing to engage people outside of it and submit to hostile questioning and honestly I think Stewart doesn't want to have that criticism levelled at him. He's willing to go on other people's shows and talk to them and when a big part of your schtick is pointing out that FOX is insular and unwilling to accept people with differing viewpoints it looks bad if you refuse to ever talk to them.

Yes it's still pointless because the same shit happens with editing and mic cutting, no it almost certainly isn't going to change anyone's minds but if you're going to harangue other people for not being willing to listen to others and engage in grown up debates then it looks pretty bad if you're given the opportunity and go, "Nuh uh, you'll just screw with me I'm not going to talk to you." Also ratings.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #255 on: May 17, 2011, 01:57:34 PM

Al Madrigal joins the daily show.

Never heard of the guy myself, hopefully he'll be decent, most of the correspondents are.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #256 on: May 18, 2011, 03:20:52 AM

I lked the bit about Asbestos in one of the last episodes with Aasif Manvi (sp?).

I especially liked the french-canadian expert who played it entirely straight and had a great delivery of his answers.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #257 on: May 18, 2011, 06:38:26 AM

Al Madrigal joins the daily show.

Never heard of the guy myself, hopefully he'll be decent, most of the correspondents are.

He was OK. But then again, Wyatt cenac was also OK his first time out, then he grew on me, and likely everyone once we got to know him and his style.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #258 on: May 18, 2011, 07:31:16 AM

I haven't caught the Daily Show in a long while.  How did  Olivia Munn turn out?  Is she even still there?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #259 on: May 18, 2011, 07:41:08 AM

She's still there but I never found she settled in like the others did. She just seems kind of wooden to me whenever she's on. Not seen her in anything else though so I've no idea if she's not that great anyway or if she's just not settled in with the rest of the crew.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #260 on: May 18, 2011, 08:03:09 AM

She also has a show on NBC I think, so while she has recurring bits, I don't think she's going to be there as regular as the others.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:13 AM

The only correspondents who I don't enjoy watching are Olivia Munn, Kirsten Schall and Josh Gad. The rest are always supremely relaxed in their roles and are a pleasure to watch.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #262 on: May 18, 2011, 09:36:39 AM

She's still there but I never found she settled in like the others did. She just seems kind of wooden to me whenever she's on. Not seen her in anything else though so I've no idea if she's not that great anyway or if she's just not settled in with the rest of the crew.

She was on G4 awhile back. I only ever tuned into that show she was on to have some eye candy, but yeah - she never seemed comfortable, which I assume is just who/how she is considering she acts the same on the Daily Show. Still nice to look at - she'd make the perfect car show model.  why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: May 18, 2011, 12:32:50 PM

I always thought she was pretty relaxed on AOTS, so I was a bit disappointed when she first started doing bits on The Daily Show, and seemed so stiff and awkward.  I figured it was just new job jitters, but apparently it hasn't gotten better?

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #264 on: May 18, 2011, 12:51:02 PM

I believe its part of her thing.

Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: May 18, 2011, 01:28:08 PM

Yes, I really think Olivia has this "awkward" stance to everything she has done. Seems like her pauses are just a bit off the mark...in fact her whole timing has been off in every reaction come to think of it. But I can let some of that slide since she is very, umm, good to look at for long periods of time.

edit: just realized. She is lagging in real life. Kinda fitting.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:15:33 PM by 01101010 »

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
WayAbvPar

Reply #266 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:14 PM

I have always assumed that is part of her schtick. Either that or she is actually an automaton. It would be a hell of a best seller in the sex doll industry, if so...

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #267 on: May 18, 2011, 05:06:15 PM

Yeah, not huge on Kristen Schall, but Olivia Munn?

I could stand to have her appear on every episode. awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #268 on: May 19, 2011, 01:16:11 AM

I think Kirsten has gotten a bit better as has John Hodgman who also tends to be slightly off. I suspect part of the reason is that they aren't on as often as the other correspondents and just haven't gotten used to working on the show to the same level.

naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #269 on: June 30, 2011, 04:14:26 PM

I know Ironwood is ecstatic about tonight's guest -- Mr. Bill Kristol…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #270 on: August 02, 2011, 01:43:21 PM

Online viewing suddenly blocked again for Australians on The Daily Show website. Anyone know where I can see it?
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: August 04, 2011, 04:01:47 AM

Holy crap, Austan Goolsbee looked unbelievably happy about no longer having to deal with the Tea Party. I don't know if I've seen someone leaving politics looking so happy to be leaving it.

Terracotta Army

Reply #272 on: August 04, 2011, 03:21:41 PM

Bateman was on two days ago and if you watch the interview, it was quite entertaining in the discussion of his new movie. However, CNN took a snippet out and ran with it completely out of context. Now normally, I'd just shake my head and move on, but I watched the interview and Bateman himself spoke about THIS VERY ISSUE while talking about the possibility of an Arrested Development movie. Guess CNN is getting into the business of being a punchline.

edit: url= fail...  Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:54:49 AM by 01101010 »

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #273 on: August 04, 2011, 08:53:10 PM

Holy crap, Austan Goolsbee looked unbelievably happy about no longer having to deal with the Tea Party. I don't know if I've seen someone leaving politics looking so happy to be leaving it.

Yeah that was awesome. I loved how John kept commenting on it. I really do think he was giddy as a school girl for precisely that reason.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #274 on: August 18, 2011, 04:10:52 AM

Michael Steele winning this years award of most-likeable Republican

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-august-17-2011/michael-steele

He seemed very relaxed and happy to be out of the job. Plus his (not so) hidden jabs at current Republican presidential nominees.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #275 on: August 18, 2011, 09:46:33 AM

And his open disdain towards Karl Rove.

Over and out.
WayAbvPar

Reply #276 on: August 19, 2011, 12:57:30 PM

Last night's opening sequence about raising taxes on the poor was brilliant. I laughed a lot, but I was also filled with the urge to find any and everyone associated with Fox News and the GOP, set them on fire, and then put them out with their own blood. They are so beyond the pale evil now it has ceased to be funny.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #277 on: August 19, 2011, 12:58:45 PM

Last night's opening sequence about raising taxes on the poor was brilliant. I laughed a lot, but I was also filled with the urge to find any and everyone associated with Fox News and the GOP, set them on fire, and then put them out with their own blood. They are so beyond the pale evil now it has ceased to be funny.
Was that the Fridge/Microwave one? Or was that Colbert?

FYI, every apartment I ever lived in -- from the nicest to the scuzziest -- came with a microwave and fridge. :)
WayAbvPar

Reply #278 on: August 19, 2011, 01:00:14 PM

Yep, that was it. Those fucking smug poor people, with their modern appliances. Why don't they have the common decency to die in the streets where they belong?

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: August 19, 2011, 01:08:33 PM

Yep, that was it. Those fucking smug poor people, with their modern appliances. Why don't they have the common decency to die in the streets where they belong?
yeah. I was just appalled. Xboxs and tv's are cheap -- really cheap, especially through pawn shops, but even new and using like Gamestop it's cheap compared to, say, movies or even cable.

But fridges and microwaves? They come with apartments. You have to be a certain level of rich or fucking clueless to think poor people went out and plopped down on 4k fridges, rather than using the 20+ year old model, beaten up model that was in their apartment. (And complaining to management when it finally dies).

And still...it's for preserving and heating food, for Pete's sake. Kinda critical things.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show  
Jump to: