Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:47:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Daily Show  (Read 133894 times)
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #350 on: June 28, 2013, 10:42:30 AM

Anyone else notice his first guest he had on, he sat down first. He hasn't done that since. I found that amusing.

He did it with the Gaslands guy.  I guess it's just what he does.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #351 on: August 02, 2013, 04:52:03 AM

John Oliver really came into his own the last month. I really likeed his section about fast food workers. Its almost more serious journalism than comedy, he comes across honestly engaged in the topic.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-august-1-2013/pay-mas

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #352 on: September 05, 2013, 09:09:41 AM

Tuesday's episode was the first one after the summer break and also the first one with Jon Steward back at the desk.

I liked that he was pretty thankful and complimenting to his staff and to John Oliver and he seemed genuinely happy to be back in the studio. He also gave Oliver one final opportunity to take place at the desk while complimenting him. Great stuff even though the whole intro and the news recap with Steward pretending that he hadn't heard of anything wasn't particulalrly funny.

After the regular show started though I found myself hoping Oliver was still hosting, it's probably because Steward is still a bit off his game after being away for so long but I for one will miss Oliver. Maybe he will have the opportunity to get his owm show (like Colbert did) because he proved that he could do that.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #353 on: September 05, 2013, 09:14:01 AM

What would be the differentiator for another show though ?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #354 on: September 05, 2013, 09:28:50 AM

English host?  awesome, for real

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #355 on: September 15, 2013, 10:41:09 PM

I am not all too sure thats a compelling argument for a Scotsman!  awesome, for real
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #356 on: October 04, 2013, 12:49:05 PM

Oh Dear, Jason Jones really, really didn't like that blonde anti-healthcare bitch.

Awesome.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #357 on: October 04, 2013, 02:13:19 PM

She DID have the whiff of crazy person about her.
schild
Administrator

Reply #358 on: October 04, 2013, 02:18:01 PM

Jason jones is awesome.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #359 on: October 07, 2013, 07:41:55 AM

I thought that the whole segment was just a sketch with actors. The selection of both the blonde slightly gothish/punkish woman making the case against the ACA and the doe eyed 'straight out of a republican abstinence ad' woman making the case for the ACA seemed just a bit too much of a coincidence for me to think that they were real persons.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #360 on: October 07, 2013, 08:03:13 AM

I doubt it.

WayAbvPar

Reply #361 on: October 07, 2013, 08:49:52 AM

I can't stop laughing at 'America Sits On Its Balls'. Absolutely spot on.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #362 on: October 07, 2013, 09:34:15 AM

I doubt it.

If so then the whole segment was actually awful enough for Jones so that he couldn't help but break character at one point. Which hasn't happened since, ever.
dd0029
Terracotta Army

Reply #363 on: October 07, 2013, 10:52:59 AM

I thought that the whole segment was just a sketch with actors. The selection of both the blonde slightly gothish/punkish woman making the case against the ACA and the doe eyed 'straight out of a republican abstinence ad' woman making the case for the ACA seemed just a bit too much of a coincidence for me to think that they were real persons.

Oh no, she's "real".
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #364 on: October 07, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

She writes for World Net Daily. Yes, she's real and really fucking insane.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #365 on: October 07, 2013, 11:26:49 AM

Is there an inverse to Poe's Law?

She sounded so ridiculous that I simply assumed she was an actor that just said lines coming from the daily show writers.

Such people exist? Really? And instead of being institutionalized they hold multiple degrees and have book deals and radio shows?

Look we Europeans have a really warped perception of how things are in the US but even we wouldn't believe that such people actually exist.

I'm very sorry for you that you have to deal with such people. Have a hug.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #366 on: October 07, 2013, 11:31:57 AM

I'm very sorry for you that you have to deal with such people. Have a hug.

It is Europe's fault for chasing their crazy ass ancestors here in the first place.

Never forget this Europe...your history is responsible for creating the U.S.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #367 on: October 07, 2013, 12:08:25 PM

You've got it wrong. The Republican is always blonde.

Unless it's Malkin. But you can tell she wishes she was born a blonde oh-so-badly.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #368 on: October 07, 2013, 01:03:56 PM

Can someone direct me to this Jason Jones clip? 

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #369 on: October 07, 2013, 01:05:35 PM

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 01:09:18 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #370 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:03 PM

Oh no, she's "real".

CONVERVATIVE

BACON LOVER

WARRIOR

swamp poop

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #371 on: October 08, 2013, 03:07:37 AM

Wonderfully naive Jeff.  smiley

Suprising (or maybe of course) 'Dr. Gina's website has her own store:

And this is admittedly where my intuition fails: Are these people genuinely crazy or are just scams in for the money? Or both? And how can one tell?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:17:37 AM by calapine »

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #372 on: October 08, 2013, 03:37:01 AM

A sufficiently advanced scam is indistinguishable from crazy.

schild
Administrator

Reply #373 on: October 09, 2013, 12:25:17 PM

Holy SHIT the Jason Jones thing from last night.

Those 3 minutes deserve an Emmy.
Ragnoros
Terracotta Army

Reply #374 on: October 09, 2013, 01:34:00 PM

Owls are an example of evolution showing off. -Shannow

BattleTag - Ray#1555
schild
Administrator

Reply #375 on: October 09, 2013, 02:01:58 PM

Yes.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #376 on: October 09, 2013, 02:16:12 PM

That was pure, unadulterated awesome on Jones' part. It also illustrates how batshit insane the GOP base is.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #377 on: October 09, 2013, 03:23:42 PM

I love the hostage negotiator giving up in that segment. That was GOLD, Jerry.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #378 on: October 09, 2013, 06:38:51 PM

In real life isn't that the point where they'd give the sniper teams the go-ahead?

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #379 on: October 09, 2013, 07:15:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Brofellos
Terracotta Army

Reply #380 on: October 09, 2013, 07:18:18 PM

'twas incredible.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #381 on: October 10, 2013, 01:57:36 PM

I have never, ever, ever come as close to saying 'Wait, that's an actor, right' as I was during that segment.

Who's that crazy bitch ?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #382 on: October 10, 2013, 03:57:46 PM

Noelle Nikpour. A nimrod Republican strategist from Arkansas who once famously said,  "scientists are scamming the american people [...] for their own financial gain." When asked if she had any evidence or data for such a claim, she responded that "Every American [...] would have a gut feeling that some of these numbers that scientists are putting out are not right."

Think Brick Tamland, only not as smart.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #383 on: October 11, 2013, 01:14:53 AM

How can you be called a strategist if you're barely sentient ?

schild
Administrator

Reply #384 on: October 11, 2013, 01:25:12 AM

Republicans.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  TV  |  Topic: The Daily Show  
Jump to: