Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:51:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: So I got the newsletter - is it true? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So I got the newsletter - is it true?  (Read 10144 times)
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

on: June 09, 2009, 07:26:40 AM

In this month's newsletter MJ is tempting me to come back and promising T3 and T4 are not cockblocks anymore. Can anyone that has gone back confirm this?

From the newsletter:

See What We've Improved!
Benefit from major improvements to overall performance and server stability!
Investigate four new careers: Dwarf Slayer, Orc Choppa, Empire Knight of the Blazing Sun and Dark Elf Black Guard
Check out easy, medium, and hard PQs designed for different group sizes and skill levels
Enjoy major improvements to Fortress and Keep stability and performance
Gain rewards from Influence earned in Open RvR
Participate in our exciting new Live Events
Enjoy increased experience in Tiers 3 and 4
Wrest control of Tier 4 zones via our new Domination system
Earn new and improved Guild rewards
Explore three completely re-itemized dungeons
Check out the many user interface improvements for parties and warbands
Earn free game time and exclusive in-game rewards by recruiting friends and family
Enjoy the fruits of our labor: over 1000 bugs squashed!
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 07:33:59 AM

http://www.warhammeronline.com/call_to_arms/re-enlist.php

Doesn't say how much though.

Edit, and it might be referring to the December change rather than something totally new.

December 18th, we are going to be speeding up the leveling curve in WAR for a few weeks. We're going to increase the rest experience multiplier bonus in a hotfix today as well as reducing the time that it takes you to earn rested xp while logged out of the game, especially in Tiers 3 and 4. This will result in players' time to level being approximately 10% faster in Tier 2 and 20% faster in Tiers 3 and 4. We hope you enjoy the changes and have a great holiday season as you speed through the Tiers faster than ever before!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:39:58 AM by Arthur_Parker »
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 07:52:21 AM

http://www.warhammeronline.com/call_to_arms/re-enlist.php

Doesn't say how much though.

Edit, and it might be referring to the December change rather than something totally new.

December 18th, we are going to be speeding up the leveling curve in WAR for a few weeks. We're going to increase the rest experience multiplier bonus in a hotfix today as well as reducing the time that it takes you to earn rested xp while logged out of the game, especially in Tiers 3 and 4. This will result in players' time to level being approximately 10% faster in Tier 2 and 20% faster in Tiers 3 and 4. We hope you enjoy the changes and have a great holiday season as you speed through the Tiers faster than ever before!

Yeah, as it refers to stuff from last year (such as the BlackGuard and KotBS) I'm guessing this is a potted list of everything from launch on rather than necessarily a list of very recent updates.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 08:21:47 AM

MJ misleading people?  I am shocked!  ACK!

Yeah make it 100% faster and I might come back. While absolutely enjoy WoW for almost 5 years now and having lots to do, I have to admit that I had some fun with the WAR pvp (even the scenarios) but I refuse to do the mind numbing "McQuaid Style" grind to get there.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:49:50 AM

Yeah make it 100% faster and I might come back.

Why?  So you can get to the shitty endgame faster? 

I used to think that smoothing out the xp curve would help, then I got to the endgame and realized that all it would do was point out the deeper flaws in the game to players faster.

WAR needs a wholesale rework.  Anything short won't do it.  Yes, I'm talking an NGE scale overhaul which would include the engine... of course we all know this won't happen.  Time to walk away from WAR.  You'll thank me later.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
chargerrich
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 09:11:53 AM

Yeah make it 100% faster and I might come back.

Why?  So you can get to the shitty endgame faster? 

I used to think that smoothing out the xp curve would help, then I got to the endgame and realized that all it would do was point out the deeper flaws in the game to players faster.

WAR needs a wholesale rework.  Anything short won't do it.  Yes, I'm talking an NGE scale overhaul which would include the engine... of course we all know this won't happen.  Time to walk away from WAR.  You'll thank me later.

Cannot argue with a single thing you said, but sometimes (at least for me) just the experience of a fast and smooth leveling to end game is, in itself, enjoyable.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:15:00 AM

By five star players, which is never going to happen.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
tazelbain
Unknown

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 09:19:00 AM

No good.  That wouldn't change the biggest problem with the game, the clueless, mediocre development team. I would gut the top half of Mythic and start the process of the revamp with a fresh set of eyes and less ego.

"Me am play gods"
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:23:31 AM

recruit a friend. 1 paying sub gets you 1 month free! two gets you a pet! six gets you a Grypon / Manticore mount! So what are you waiting for, sucker your pals to subscribe and you get all these e-peen goodies in game!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Redgiant
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 11:39:04 AM

recruit a friend. 1 paying sub gets you 1 month free! two gets you a pet! six gets you a Grypon / Manticore mount! So what are you waiting for, sucker your pals to subscribe and you get all these e-peen goodies in game!

Sub money has nothign to do with me not playing WAR.

I wouldn't touch that install disc again if they offered perma-free subs and 10,000 frequent flier miles per month to the airline of your choice. Its just that uninteresting a game once you've tried it.

A FUCKING COMPANY IS AT STEAK
Shatter
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 02:10:32 PM

ROFL, most of it is BS

Benefit from major improvements to overall performance and server stability! - what?  Put 80 people into 1 area and this is BS

Investigate four new careers: Dwarf Slayer, Orc Choppa, Empire Knight of the Blazing Sun and Dark Elf Black Guard - ok fair enough

Check out easy, medium, and hard PQs designed for different group sizes and skill levels - ok

Enjoy major improvements to Fortress and Keep stability and performance - GJ, limiting the number of players can participate and then trying to get more to join the game..brilliant!

Gain rewards from Influence earned in Open RvR - ok

Participate in our exciting new Live Events - what live events?  They put one event up for about a week at a time with months between with no live events

Enjoy increased experience in Tiers 3 and 4 - As some here said, if its what they did in December this is BS

Wrest control of Tier 4 zones via our new Domination system - ok

Earn new and improved Guild rewards - some of these are complete BS

Explore three completely re-itemized dungeons - They actually removed some of the best weapons in the game with this

Check out the many user interface improvements for parties and warbands - ok

Earn free game time and exclusive in-game rewards by recruiting friends and family - LOL, its scary how many people have these mounts and you know they didnt invite 6 people :P

Enjoy the fruits of our labor: over 1000 bugs squashed! - But we ignore the other game breaking mechanics!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 02:18:05 PM

I think it was Haemish that said: "The MMO Warhammer glass is half full.  Half full of urine"

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Warhammer Online (Moderator: tazelbain)  |  Topic: So I got the newsletter - is it true?  
Jump to: