Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:20:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1097318 times)
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: May 01, 2011, 08:10:04 AM

I'm starting to think that there's some kind of a bug when shooting at close range. There's just too many point blank shots that miss without an explanation. If it's a HE shell, the game doesn't even show an explosion.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:11:38 AM by jakonovski »
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: May 01, 2011, 08:49:18 AM

I cant beleive the different buying a tank with at least 75 percent trained crew. The difference in effectiveness over 50 percent trained crew is astounding.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: May 01, 2011, 09:02:59 AM

Wait til you get 100% with ventilation. Also if you gold out a crew at 100% starting at Tier V or VI you can train them to 90% on the next tank for 100k.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: May 01, 2011, 09:06:36 AM

I'm starting to think that there's some kind of a bug when shooting at close range. There's just too many point blank shots that miss without an explanation. If it's a HE shell, the game doesn't even show an explosion.

Don't use autoaim up close or if a tank is travelling quickly horizontally to you or if only part of it is visible.  Manual aim is nearly always better unless you're just sniping slow moving/stationary tanks at medium to long range.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:08:55 AM by Sparky »
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: May 03, 2011, 02:01:41 PM

Opened up a beer tonight. Finally got to sell that asshole machine, the T-44  awesome, for real The last 30k-grind almost made me stab my monitor.
Stock T-54 is superior in any way. Better accuracy, better RoF, it actually bounces shots, a LOT. And it looks better. Gonna play with this thing til i know every little dirty secret it has  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Next thing on the list, the grind for the Pershing. On M7 at the moment.
But first, get the top gun on the 54. Only thing i lack in the russian tree now is arty past SU-8. IS-7 was never a target anyway. Stopping on IS-4, which will be a tier X in a few months anyway. Sadly without my beloved S-70 apparently.
They are gonna put a beefed up 122mm on it  Heartbreak
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 03:30:26 PM by snowwy »
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #880 on: May 03, 2011, 02:55:55 PM

Unlocked the 105 mm lolcannon on the Hetzer yesterday and loaded it with the HE ammo. Forgot how much fun that was Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #881 on: May 03, 2011, 04:34:45 PM

Unlocked the 105 mm lolcannon on the Hetzer yesterday and loaded it with the HE ammo. Forgot how much fun that was Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Except for that (which I am looking forward too  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ) which TD line is "better" (for a player who wants to play for free as much as possible)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: May 03, 2011, 05:52:18 PM

Guys you should try get the KV with the 152mm before the tech tree revision. It's a great money maker and it's so much fun, especially if you get a city map.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: May 03, 2011, 09:39:13 PM

During beta, I prefered the 107 on the KV. Too bad it's 14k xp, ugh... It's pretty much required for the KV-3 though.

Better news: <10k xp for the vk36, woo.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:29 AM

Except for that (which I am looking forward too  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ) which TD line is "better" (for a player who wants to play for free as much as possible)
I have only experience with german TDs so can't really say. Found them fun personally, but people seem to speak favourably about the russian TDs and these are definitely not lacking in the low tiers*, and beasts in the upper ones. And american TDs can be even more tempting once they put them in, given they're going to have actual turrets rather than largely fixed guns.

*) more specifically, mid tier german TDs can have trouble penetrating some of the opponents with the guns available to them. The russian TDs supposedly don't have that issue.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 01:08:34 AM by tmp »
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: May 04, 2011, 04:09:59 AM

During beta, I prefered the 107 on the KV. Too bad it's 14k xp, ugh... It's pretty much required for the KV-3 though.

107 is great for it's level but you're missing out on the derpness.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #886 on: May 04, 2011, 07:28:31 AM

Except for that (which I am looking forward too  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? ) which TD line is "better" (for a player who wants to play for free as much as possible)

Get an SU-85 w/ the 107. Only tier 5 so good for no premium and can reliably penetrate just about any tanks it can be matched up against.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #887 on: May 04, 2011, 07:48:19 AM

The SU-85 is also attractive because you can get to it from the T34.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: May 04, 2011, 10:36:58 AM

I'm getting a bit tired of constantly facing Tier 5 TDs with my Tier 3 M2 Medium. The matchmaker is a totally shit.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 10:43:24 AM by jakonovski »
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: May 04, 2011, 11:07:30 AM

The ones that amuse me are T-28s. Those things just show up everywhere, no matter the tier. And they're terrible.

Anywho, I got my T20. It's okay, a nice change from the E8's machine gun to having a gun that can actually dent a 3601. Also slowly learning to love my T-34-85, in all it's paper thin armor and iffy gun glory.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: May 04, 2011, 12:23:55 PM

I upgraded to M3 lee, now it's fucking Jagdpanthers. All I want is my Tier 5 American heavy...
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: May 04, 2011, 01:02:36 PM

I loath the M3. That turret gets me killed.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: May 04, 2011, 01:06:55 PM

Playing WoT pretty much exclusively at the moment and making a bit of progress.  I have reached the T20 on the US line and was focused mostly on getting the Pershing.  However, with the upcoming revised tech trees, the Heavy T34 will become a premium tank at the time of switchover (and a collectible!).  So I am hoping to get to the T34 and just picked up the T29 last night.  I have reached Tier IV or V on most of German and USSR lines as well, just not SPGs.  

I would love to be playing in Platoons at this point, just can't nail down playing times with a new baby in the house.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #893 on: May 04, 2011, 02:00:36 PM

Bandit, my clan's got folks on at odd hours, having yanks, canuks, brits, aussies and the occasional south african. Send me a holler in game if you see me, and we'll get you in a platoon.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
tmp
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: May 04, 2011, 03:28:59 PM

Playing Pz3 atm (along with the Hetzer) ... i reckon when it gets placed in fights where it's top tier that's what playing T54 must feel like -- can zoom around the field at 55 km/h, duck out and back behind cover in an instant, the gun two-shots most of things with nice accuracy and the best of all it has armour both on the front and on the back that few things manage to penetrate.

Of course, for each match like that you get three when you are put at the bottom of the ladder and that's... less fun why so serious?
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: May 05, 2011, 06:57:25 AM

Bandit, my clan's got folks on at odd hours, having yanks, canuks, brits, aussies and the occasional south african. Send me a holler in game if you see me, and we'll get you in a platoon.

Cheers, most likely hook-up sometime this weekend.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: May 05, 2011, 09:05:00 AM

We are prepping for Drill Boot Camp tourney and  I predict domination by heavy camping teams .its just very hard to deal with all camoed su-85s , impossible to spot until 30 meters range
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: May 05, 2011, 11:04:09 AM

If a game ends a draw both teams are knocked out, all out camping is not a winning strategy.

kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #898 on: May 05, 2011, 11:46:17 AM

Advancing with camo as is doesn't win, either. Unless maybe you run an arty-heavy setup and are trying to run someone to reveal, and hoping to bomb out 2-3 TDs per suiscout.

I predict ~5 minutes of nothing happening, followed by a lot of slow creeping if open maps are used.

City type maps at least have shit for camo cover and give mobility an edge if you know the street layout. I've flanked many a KV who didn't get the idea of me going around the block in my M5.

Though my brand new T20 also went around a block, ran into 2 TDs, ducked into a side street and ran into two more TDs, and had an IS move in from the street behind me. Seriously, they pulled five units back to deal with a lone T20. And I was in the bottom third of the listing, too!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #899 on: May 05, 2011, 11:56:52 AM

Good lord, they should add a new tank class for the Lee, the Tier IV Piñata. There's constantly fights where I'm the only tier 4 medium and I always get killed first by tier 7 bullshit because I get spotted way more easily than everyone else.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #900 on: May 05, 2011, 12:11:34 PM

The Komarin map is definitely in need of revision due to current spotting mechanics (map with island in the middle).  It's the only map that I see consistently going 10+ minutes.  That map pretty much dictates that every tank, including light/medium must camp to be effective.  Otherwise it's pretty suicidal to do anything else.  First one to blink loses usually. 

I skipped the M3 Lee using free XP as I loathed it during beta.  The M3L/37 75 mm gun can sometimes surprise, but overall it has all the drawbacks of a TD, with hardly any of the firepower.  Plus the damn thing is used to branch out to too many other tanks.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #901 on: May 05, 2011, 12:28:29 PM

Komarin only becomes a camping map because of the lack of strategy in teams, not because of the layout. Get in a tank company and then just get your whole team to drive over your own flag and kill everything til you reach the enemy arty. Then hide in the arty woods shooting the guys who came over to save arty til finally taking out the rest of their team. The only way you can lose is if they do the same-thing which is quite rare. The problem is you can't do this in random battles cause there's little coordination and you need everyone to do it together ( Maybe leave one guy to defend arty ).

The two things that could help fix random battles turning into campfests are limiting the amount of arty per battle to like 2 per side & evening out TDS on each team.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: May 05, 2011, 12:54:02 PM

The Drill Bootcamp tournament is going to use only the Westfield map so there will be plenty of bushes to hide in. 

Agree about Komarin, I usually use the charge over our own cap to victory or death strategy.  If enough other folks follow me we win, if they leave me high and dry then at least I can move on to another tank.  If my clan manages to sync two platoons into the game it's even better.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #903 on: May 05, 2011, 01:09:42 PM

If a game ends a draw both teams are knocked out, all out camping is not a winning strategy.

As far as I know its best 2 out of 5. So camping team autowins first round and has room to squeeze 2nd out somewhere. Camo is just way too good , especially at tier 5, especially with  su 85 107 alpha strike. Main problem is on map like westfield scouts wont make it to spot tds.  (400+ view range vs 30 ), combine it with lots of hills and you dont have much chance to spot them in double bushes regardless of tactics before being instagibbed
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: May 05, 2011, 02:00:02 PM

Hahaha, I got Halonen's medal. F U high tier bastards!
UnsGub
Terracotta Army

Reply #905 on: May 05, 2011, 02:35:53 PM

The Komarin map is definitely in need of revision due to current spotting mechanics (map with island in the middle).  It's the only map that I see consistently going 10+ minutes.  That map pretty much dictates that every tank, including light/medium must camp to be effective. 

This map is like a few other where spotting rules the day.  Good spotter getting into the correct position with 20 seconds will just lead to complete roll within 5 minutes.  Their maps do a good job of mixing up the advantanges and disadvantages of the different tank.  Heavy, medium, Scout, TD, and Arty all have maps where they are gods and other maps where they are worthless.
UnsGub
Terracotta Army

Reply #906 on: May 05, 2011, 02:37:18 PM

The Komarin map is definitely in need of revision due to current spotting mechanics (map with island in the middle).  It's the only map that I see consistently going 10+ minutes.  That map pretty much dictates that every tank, including light/medium must camp to be effective. 

This map is like a few other where spotting rules the day.  Good spotter getting into the correct position with 20 seconds will just lead to complete roll within 5 minutes.  Their maps do a good job of mixing up the advantanges and disadvantages of the different tanks.  Heavy, medium, Scout, TD, and Arty all have maps where they are gods and other maps where they are worthless.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #907 on: May 05, 2011, 04:15:16 PM

I'm in BFE with an old laptop so I am going through serious WoT withdrawal.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #908 on: May 06, 2011, 10:51:33 AM

Aww!

Got Furiously on TS with the Evil Chickens gang yesterday. Twas fun!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #909 on: May 06, 2011, 11:02:10 AM

Urgh, WoT is starting to be  the most epic disappointment ever. All because of the matchmaker. Can't get any exp with my M3 Lee, because I can't bloody well penetrate even the sides of the Tier 7 monsters that I constantly face. Are they trying to get me to pony up real money so I don't have to play this part of the game or something?

Edit: interestingly enough these matches never have artillery, like 99% of the time it's not there. It's as if the game is replacing Tier 4 spg's with the shitboxes of myself and some other unfortunate players.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:08:36 AM by jakonovski »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: