Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092238 times)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #735 on: February 12, 2011, 12:17:21 PM

It is a bit of a dog. Grinding the 43 is just....boring. Its not that bad, but its just not quite there, so grinding it gets so dull.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #736 on: February 13, 2011, 09:08:24 AM

Logged back into beta-servers for the first time in weeks. Had loads of gold so bought the vk4502. What a pain in the ass to drive with no upgrades  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Took the Ferdi out for a spin also which ended in me getting a damaged engine on Cliffs. Was like driving a wheelchair through the marshlands......and what a reward i got out of it!
Victory!
Battle: Cliff 13. februar 2011 17:46:04
Vehicle: Ferdinand
Received Experience: 291, credits: 9 378  ACK!  This is without Premium though. So a waste of time really. No xp to research engines, so stuck with two pillboxes on square wheels  awesome, for real
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #737 on: February 21, 2011, 07:14:41 PM

I finally downloaded this one last week, and I 'm having a great time playing.  

Except for few a rants:

1) WTF is up with the M3 Lee?  They don't even model the top 37mm turret, so the extra height from the turret makes it a bigger target, but does not get any advantage out of it.  Plus you have to maneuver it like an assault gun without the turret.   Playing the thing is a chore, and you have to if you want heavy tanks or the M4 Sherman.

2) US light tanks have the M7 prototype after the M5 Stuart instead of the real life replacement M24.  The M24 would have been a ball to drive around with a 75mm gun, why screw over the light tank line when it is weak already?

3) The SPG learning curve is pretty frickin' steep between the T57 and M43.  I was rocking with the T57, the M43 not so much.  I notice less and less arty in higher tier games, how many SPGs are in high tier games (above level 5)?

Overall they did a great job, I especially like how the view is not restricted to the gunner, but the turret follows the view.  I do wish they would add a key to "freeze" the turret so you could take a quick look around and keep your gun pointed in the same direction.  Can't wait for the rumored US Tank Destroyers.  The M4 Sherman fucking rocks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 07:17:11 PM by Brolan »
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #738 on: February 22, 2011, 04:07:23 AM

I do wish they would add a key to "freeze" the turret so you could take a quick look around and keep your gun pointed in the same direction.
You can do that by holding down the right mouse button, iirc.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #739 on: February 22, 2011, 08:10:36 AM

I believe the M24 is the Tier 5 US light tank and will be included in the release game when the French tree is released.

Higher tier games (tier 7+) usually will have only 1 or 2 arty pieces a side, some matches you will not have any and very occasionally you will see as many as 3 per side.  Well played artillery can still be devastating but it doesn't dominate the way it used to.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #740 on: February 22, 2011, 02:51:19 PM

I believe the M24 is the Tier 5 US light tank and will be included in the release game when the French tree is released.

Higher tier games (tier 7+) usually will have only 1 or 2 arty pieces a side, some matches you will not have any and very occasionally you will see as many as 3 per side.  Well played artillery can still be devastating but it doesn't dominate the way it used to.
Unless it's a GW-Tiger......those things can really fuck up the opposition. Had a few games on RU with 4 per side lately. One of them was 2 x GW-tigers and 2x GW-Panthers on the opposing team. Those guys were all damn good at their job....it was brutal.......For some odd reason the tiger seems more leathal than the 212. No idea why, and it's probably not, but that is my impression.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #741 on: February 22, 2011, 02:56:49 PM

I may be wrong, but the 212 doesn't get a gun upgrade from the SU-14, its just more mobile. Don't get me wrong, a well placed SU-14 shot can take 40% off an IS-7, but its not quite as insane as the GW-Tiger.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #742 on: February 24, 2011, 12:31:50 PM

World of Tanks has elbowed EVE aside in the e-peen comparison for "most players crammed into a single shard" - 91,311 on January 23.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/02/24/world-of-tanks-sets-guinness-world-record/

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #743 on: February 24, 2011, 02:59:37 PM

And half of them drives T-54's swamp poop

(that's a cautious estimate)
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #744 on: February 25, 2011, 03:57:04 AM

World of Tanks has elbowed EVE aside in the e-peen comparison for "most players crammed into a single shard" - 91,311 on January 23.

That's just plain ludicrous. It's not an MMO. A game matching lobby is not a "shard."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:58:37 AM by Numtini »

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #745 on: March 02, 2011, 08:20:57 AM

Latest update seems to have nerfed t54s good and proper. Four battles yesterday with a team with 5+ t54s. Ever single battle, the team with the 'wolf pack' of 54s lost, and badly.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #746 on: March 02, 2011, 02:50:56 PM

Sadf about the t29 nerf, but REALLY fucking happy about the stug buff. That thing is a murder machine on par with the marder now.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #747 on: March 03, 2011, 01:51:06 AM

Sadf about the t29 nerf, but REALLY fucking happy about the stug buff. That thing is a murder machine on par with the marder now.

Wait, what? T-29 nerf? Besides nerfing turret-armor, what is there to nerf on that machine?
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #748 on: March 03, 2011, 02:43:31 AM

Lowered the ROF on the 105 from 6rpm to 5.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #749 on: March 04, 2011, 09:02:30 AM

Its still a beast. Love the tank. Just have to be a bit careful about hiding the hull, since the turret still bounces lots of stuff. The beauty is that due to the high turret, you can use slopes and obstacles to your advantage, especially on such maps as campinovka and Sand River.

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #750 on: March 04, 2011, 08:28:57 PM

I've never really understood why people say the T29 is OP. You can't move (if you leave a hull down position, you are fucked) and even if you are hull down, people can hit you in those goofy ears and do massive damage (and knock out your gunner, commander, and loader... Yes I've had one shot do that to me, and it wasn't super high tier tank, either). Yeah, the gun is pretty nice, but not enough to make up for the rest of the tanks shortcomings.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #751 on: March 05, 2011, 11:08:42 AM

Its an excellent tank to learn proper tank positioning. You learn rather quickly how to only expose the turret. Last night I took on a Tiger II one on one (fight at windmill of campinovka). I utterly pwned him. He got 2 shots to land whereas I got nearly all mine in. After 5 shots he was dead. Granted, he was not a very bright player, but still.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #752 on: March 06, 2011, 12:09:51 PM

Its an excellent tank to learn proper tank positioning. You learn rather quickly how to only expose the turret. Last night I took on a Tiger II one on one (fight at windmill of campinovka). I utterly pwned him. He got 2 shots to land whereas I got nearly all mine in. After 5 shots he was dead. Granted, he was not a very bright player, but still.

You would think a guy that played long enough to have a Tiger II would have a clue.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #753 on: March 06, 2011, 02:09:03 PM

Eh, with the 5x XP week we had, there are a lot of higher end folks that got there in a matter of days, so its not too surprising.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #754 on: March 09, 2011, 08:27:59 AM

I am totally hooked on this game. Started playing it on sunday and have been up until two in the morning every night since.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #755 on: March 09, 2011, 09:17:04 AM

Heh, another one hooked. Only DA2 has stopped me from playing.

I'm wondering if I'll get it at release, since I have more or less obtained all the tanks I wanted with the possible exception of the VK4502.

Current line up of my tanks:

SU-14 artillery
IS-4
T32
T-44
T23
Panther II
Tiger II
Ferdinand

I don't want an IS-7, now that my IS-4 has the IS-7 gun, its nasty enough without a nutty repair bill.

The T32 is basically a dream heavy tank. All the firepower of the T-29 gun, with a turret IS-7s bounce off of.

My Panther II is now a viable tank after the fixes they put in place. Possibly one of the more dangerous tanks in the game due to maneuverability and penetrative capacity. My advice to anyone spotting one, shoot at it before an IS-7 or a JagdTiger. They are easier to take down and just as dangerous to your life.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #756 on: March 09, 2011, 11:36:20 AM

Alas I never got to drive the T-54 prenerf, still want one though.

The IS-4 is a lot better to use than the IS-7 for random matches, IS-7 works optimally in coordinated battles eg. tank companies.  I find this is cause the IS-7 is more of a front line tank & the IS-4 is a lurker. Get a camo net and camo crew to get full use out of the IS-4, really works for me.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #757 on: March 12, 2011, 02:07:31 AM

Sorry for the broken record post but are we any closer to learning exactly when this game comes out of beta?
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #758 on: March 12, 2011, 03:46:47 AM

End of this month is what people are saying.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #759 on: March 12, 2011, 08:03:16 AM

WoT Tank Metagame. Clans & territories, oh my. .

Essentially, folks that like Eve are going to jizz their shorts.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #760 on: March 12, 2011, 08:11:53 AM

The needed release damn thing long time ago. Same time as russian release would been ideal. As lots of people played the hell out of "beta" and quit already
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #761 on: March 12, 2011, 07:53:56 PM

Played my russki server tanks to far to care about this.....may you all enjoy the retail version of this!
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #762 on: March 17, 2011, 07:23:54 AM

Official release date is April 12.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #763 on: March 23, 2011, 12:15:12 PM

It appears pre-orders start, tomorrow, March 24th - any information beyond that is sketchy right now.

http://overlord-wot.blogspot.com/

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #764 on: March 24, 2011, 06:45:36 AM

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #765 on: March 27, 2011, 05:29:46 AM

Post launch gold prices announced

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #766 on: March 27, 2011, 10:49:37 AM

Gold is a little higher than I thought it would be, but not too bad. 

I'll buy only 4-5 months worth because I think I will be bored with it by then.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #767 on: March 27, 2011, 12:47:10 PM

Disappointed gold costs more on the NA server then RU unless you buy the largest package. Also sucks you can only buy packages instead of in increments 250 gold.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #768 on: March 28, 2011, 09:12:06 AM

Why would you want to buy 250 gold at a time? Just so that on any given day you can activate premium? Seriously, just man up, pay the danged 7 or 15 bucks for half a month or more than a month of premium already.

The reason they probably didn't do this is that transactions that small aren't really feasible with a credit card payment system.

Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #769 on: March 28, 2011, 11:43:34 AM

Post launch gold prices announced

Hmm this is really a killer. I am not gonna pay full  MMO sub price for what is essentially an FPS lobby.  5$/month? -sure why not. $15? -forget it , with so many options out there I wont play .Of course I played the game to death in beta ( I have   every top tier tank and TD) - but I was looking forward for clan battles. As it stands now though they are greedy. If they want go allods way - fine. But they would do without me
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: