Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:45:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092198 times)
Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #665 on: December 20, 2010, 06:17:26 PM

The T57 used to be better than AT-1, until they made some slight changes to SPG's and now they often miss. Before that they were lolworthy OP for their tier.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #666 on: December 20, 2010, 08:16:02 PM

or power level a Hetzer with xp from a fun tank. Like, say, getting an StugIII from the Hetzer  without having to actually grind a Hetzer, which is at first a challenge and then comedic and then finally exasperating.

Fixed
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:20:40 PM by snowwy »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #667 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:44 PM

Heh, yep, did a hetzer too. I think it took longer to go from KV to IS, but the KV isn't quite as silly.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #668 on: December 22, 2010, 02:57:41 PM

New patch is up on RU-servers. The T-54 seems to be a beast. Panther II looks more like a sniper than anything else, and the new US one which number i completely forgot looks damn sexy as well.
20k xp tp gp to put my greasy fingers on the hood of a brand new Objekt 704  awesome, for real  That thing got the looks, Can't wait!

Besides UI-changes and minor balancing, there's not much exciting. 2 new maps of course.  A bunch of new sounds. Nothing important, new reload-sound and gun on some models, and the sound of the engine changes to "inside vehicle"-mode when you enter snipe-mode.
Never had any trouble with my fps, so no idea if that worked out well.
Back to grinding  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #669 on: December 23, 2010, 04:16:08 PM

I'm digging the new company creator. Just played with a random bunch of guys over voice chat. They really put some good thought as to how it works. The VoiP seems to work pretty well, too. One thing; when you check the box in settings to enable it, you may have to restart the game to make it work.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #670 on: December 23, 2010, 04:21:08 PM

How does it match up companies? Like can one company have 15 IS-4s and be unstoppable?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #671 on: December 23, 2010, 05:32:17 PM

Different tiers are worth different weights when putting the company together. If I remember correctly it's setup to where you can have 15 tier 6 tanks. So no you couldn't have 15 IS4s but I don't know exactly how it's weighted so no idea how many you could have. Sorry, I only play with a small handful of people so never looked into companies really.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #672 on: December 23, 2010, 05:40:38 PM

Ah ok so optimum tier value is 90 per company, therefore you could have 10 is4. I've noticed you don't need to fill 15 slots which is great.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #673 on: December 24, 2010, 09:03:30 AM

Ah ok so optimum tier value is 90 per company, therefore you could have 10 is4. I've noticed you don't need to fill 15 slots which is great.

It is unfortunately highlighting how much more powerful tier 10s are than anything else.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #674 on: December 24, 2010, 12:10:49 PM

The game would be better imo if it stopped at tier 8.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #675 on: December 24, 2010, 02:52:08 PM

Got in a 3 man platoon of T-2s (US gold tanks) the other day, was an absolute blast. 72km/h and terrain barely effects them at all, they also fire this 5 shot low penetration machine gun that just rips through arty and other light tanks. They are so small and fast that they are crap hard to hit if they are going across you. If they could use HE you would induce nightmares in heavy tank players, unfortunately they don't.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:00:47 PM by Amarr HM »

tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #676 on: December 24, 2010, 07:30:23 PM

Besides UI-changes and minor balancing, there's not much exciting.
Arties got smacked rather extensively in the balancing changes, that can be pretty exciting.

Rebalanced parameters of all SPGs:
- Hull traverse decreased by 1-3 degrees per second.
- Aiming time increased by 1-3 seconds.
- Shell dispersion increased by 2-10%.
- Horizontal cannon movement affects aiming circle twice as much as before on average.
- HE splash is reduced by 6-8%.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #677 on: December 28, 2010, 12:17:33 PM

Voice chat doesn't seem to be working, but I'm not finding much on the boards on the topic.

Also, the way companies stack needs to be tweaked, or Tier 9/10 tanks need to be nerfed a bit. A group of 5 Tier 10 tanks is unstoppable against a group of 10 lower tier tanks.

This in and of itself is not a problem, but people being people, that's all we're seeing now. Companies reject anything but Tier 9/10s and high end arties.

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #678 on: December 28, 2010, 03:50:45 PM

Ooooooooooooo, nice! maybe my still-on-stock-tracks.objekt-704 can fit in then  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Holding on to the 2:1 kill/death-count for the hell of it. So much more a prio-target than on the ISU it's laughable. IT's THE SAME DAMN GUN!At least now i get to bounce a few rounds.....sold the ISU.
T-54's.......what i'm gonna get IF they ever do a soft-wipe on eu/us-servers. What a stupid overpowered tank. said from someone who has blown up quite a few already.
There's a reason there's 3+ t-44's a match all of a sudden. This is on RU-server btw.  All those that gave up on the t-44 after it lost its total domination have returned to gain the xp for the t-54.......it's just stupid at this time.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #679 on: December 29, 2010, 01:59:57 PM

New patch up on RU-servers today. Bask in the glory that is Google Translate

"The world of tanks" transfigured - New Year came into the hangar of each tanker, along with a new version of the game client.

The main innovations patch 0.6.2.8:

* Premiumny and conventional hangars converted into the New Year;
     * Added a Christmas tree instead of the flags at the point of databases of all the cards;
     * Corrected the name of 7.5cm guns Panther II;
     * Fixed display a list of his team's on-screen map is loaded with clan players;
     * The level of fighting T2 lt reduced by 1;
     * The level of fighting medium tanks 9 level is shifted upward by 1;
     * Fixed invites to company and platoon players who did not come with a negative time zone;
     * Improved progressbar number of shells in the window service;
     * Fixed display of 0 to a nonzero player statistics;
     * Fixed display of 0 in the clan player statistics;
     * Returned to the old sound destruction of lamps and small bars.

In addition to the automatic download via louncher, a new patch available for manual download.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #680 on: December 30, 2010, 12:14:10 PM

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #681 on: December 30, 2010, 12:39:11 PM

* The level of fighting medium tanks 9 level is shifted upward by 1;

Wait, so does that mean t9 mediums (the new ones just released on the eu/us server) are now t10?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #682 on: December 30, 2010, 01:18:55 PM

No, it's their matchmaking window getting shifted upward.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #683 on: January 04, 2011, 09:27:00 AM

Have you all checked out the ability to insert custom skins on your tanks? Visible by you only, of course, but still pretty awesome.

http://www.mmorpg-center.com/world-of-tanks-custom-tank-skins

That's just one site doing it, I'm sure there are more out there. I particularly like the red leopard. Now every leopard in my game is pretty visually obvious <grin>

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #684 on: January 04, 2011, 01:47:45 PM

Using some myself. Also put some very nice skins on the Ferdinand since i think it looks a bit bland as is. Don't even own one myself.
Haven't found anything good looking for my main bling-mobil, the objekt 704 yet  sad
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #685 on: January 04, 2011, 04:52:22 PM

what Ferdy skin?

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #686 on: January 05, 2011, 06:59:53 AM

Hmmm, can't seem to find it now of course......looked at http://www.tarrif.net/wot/ and http://wotskins.wordpress.com/

Was an original skin from some SS-division, so if you really don't want that sort of thing ............just looked darkish grey with some decals, nothing fancy.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #687 on: January 05, 2011, 09:34:18 AM

Ya, I downloaded a really cool jet black JagdPanzer skin last night from the wordpress site without looking too closely. Turns out the back of it has a decal stating 'Nazi Power!'. This was not displayed on the 'advertising'. Thankgoodness these things are only shown client side or I'd have probably been permabanned.

I also found that my JagdTiger has a swastika on it now. Grr.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #688 on: January 05, 2011, 09:47:17 AM

Do the skins replace all tanks (say all ferds in battle) in the battle or just your own?
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #689 on: January 05, 2011, 09:52:20 AM

They replace the model skin for all of that type.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 11:03:54 AM by snowwy »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #690 on: January 07, 2011, 01:35:01 PM

So I'm still playing this. See a few of you on every now and again.

I've 'joined' a clan of folks so that I can have more regular game mates to platoon with. They're a decent enough brand of chaps. Heavily into EVE too, but I don't hold it against them.

Seems there's a HUGE crossover between Eve and WoT.

I'm currently grinding an SU-14, a IS3, a T-20, my Panther and a T-34-85. I certified for a Tiger II, but I'm hesitant to spend the 2.3 mil for it, since I hear its armor is all horked up and ignites into flames if a loltraktor looks at it askance. Anyone else have a similar experience?

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #691 on: January 08, 2011, 12:15:18 AM

I love the KT. It's a toss up to me on which I like better the KT or the T32. I've never noticed it catching fire anymore then any other tank, you just have to keep your front to things really.

Out of the three Tier 8's I thought IS3 was by far the worst. I hated the way it bounced so bad when hit and I don't like how low it sits since you can't peak over things very well.
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #692 on: January 08, 2011, 05:34:52 AM

I certified for a Tiger II, but I'm hesitant to spend the 2.3 mil for it, since I hear its armor is all horked up and ignites into flames if a loltraktor looks at it askance. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Basing only on experience that's shooting these guys, they don't seem to die noticeably easier or faster than other heavies of their tier.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #693 on: January 08, 2011, 09:05:18 AM

Having an IS3, I have to concur about it being a very bouncy tank. The consolation of course is that the IS3 is fast and can act as a hard hitting medium with a half competent driver.

Today I will probably manage to scratch the .5 mill needed to get the KT. I'm actually pretty excited about it, as I think that visually its probably the most bad ass tank out there.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #694 on: January 08, 2011, 02:51:42 PM

I'm finally rolling around in a t-54 and I have to say that it's the best tank out of the box that I've played.  I can't wait to see what this thing is like after I get the upgraded tracks, engine and gun on it.  I took on a Tiger2 with it and beat it while 3 of his friends were pinging away at me from long range.  I lived long enough to take a big chunk out of an IS3 before I finally died in a hail of artillery.  The post battle report said I was hit 22 times.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #695 on: January 08, 2011, 10:00:32 PM

I certified for a Tiger II, but I'm hesitant to spend the 2.3 mil for it, since I hear its armor is all horked up and ignites into flames if a loltraktor looks at it askance. Anyone else have a similar experience?
Basing only on experience that's shooting these guys, they don't seem to die noticeably easier or faster than other heavies of their tier.

I grinded one up pre the softwipe and I found it a solid tank, was a little prone to fire but nowhere near as the whiney WoT forumwhores make out. German tanks feel a lot more responsive than Russian ones accelerate better and snipe better.

snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #696 on: January 09, 2011, 01:46:34 AM

I'm finally rolling around in a t-54 and I have to say that it's the best tank out of the box that I've played.  I can't wait to see what this thing is like after I get the upgraded tracks, engine and gun on it.  I took on a Tiger2 with it and beat it while 3 of his friends were pinging away at me from long range.  I lived long enough to take a big chunk out of an IS3 before I finally died in a hail of artillery.  The post battle report said I was hit 22 times.

Nearly unplayable on russki-servers atm. Last match i was in had eight-8! T-54's on the opposing side. Killed 1 of them before the swarm overmanned us. Fuck that killing machine......no point going heavy anymore, just need one of those little bastards
They better nerf the hell out of that thing....it's just that much better than anything else, no competition what so ever...PII and Pershing are rare, and shit compared to T-54
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #697 on: January 09, 2011, 02:16:47 AM

They need to lower the front armor on those T-54s, it's a little bit too strong when compared to the other T9 meds.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #698 on: January 09, 2011, 09:22:53 AM

They need to just remove it I think.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #699 on: January 10, 2011, 09:57:29 AM

Well, I'm liking the KT. As Amarr said, its a much more controllable tank to the IS3 equivalent. It is far more accurate with the 88 gun (will get the 105 soon) than the stock IS3 gun. It also drives very well with the upgraded tracks and the top engine. It is very vulnerable on the sides and rear, as already mentioned, but quite robust when facing forward.

In other news, I killed a T-54 myself last night with my Panther. I had a bit of help from a KT, but it was mostly me. Felt good. Honestly, some T-54 players get a bit over confident due to the robustness of their tank.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: