Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:41:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092334 times)
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #420 on: September 02, 2010, 09:47:10 PM

God hummel is a money maker now.  Second fight I was in (first one was a new map and I sucked) I got 57k with premium on.  Averaging 25kish before repairs/ammo right now.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #421 on: September 02, 2010, 10:54:27 PM

Now that we can do platoons, we really should get back in channel. I made one called Bat Country, no password.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ozzu
Terracotta Army

Reply #422 on: September 02, 2010, 11:03:02 PM

Most excellent. I'll have to play some when I get home from work.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #423 on: September 04, 2010, 08:28:30 AM

So, ya, playing my new Panzer V medium tank is a bit of a crapshoot. If the game doesn't have 2 IS-7s, a smattering of JagdTigers, and a few Tiger IIs then I stand a chance of earning some money. However, recently, I feel like an A-20 on a scout run, and guess what? You don't break even, not by a long shot. On some occasions I manage to get in a few good hits or even kill a high tier tank, and my team isn't replete with dolts, and then the cash flows in. But its not often enough that those factors coincide.

I'm currently playing more with my new JagdPanzer which only costs 7 k to repair and seems to have a similar ability to hit things.

I know, crymoarnewb and all that.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #424 on: September 04, 2010, 09:58:20 AM

Had fun doing platoons with Vaiti last night, we won nearly all the games we played together which now means I have something like a 60% victory rating in the IS-7.  Last couple of games things started to go pearshaped when I one shot his S-51 trying to defend him from a Leapord and T-34  Facepalm  

I agree Engels, though it's now tough for everyone except arty to make money in the high tier matches. I have 50 games in the IS-7 and I've managed to make about 350k profit which is a little low. Possibly due to the fact I use consumables quite a bit, they really are worth it in the high tier tank.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #425 on: September 04, 2010, 01:05:30 PM

Ya, you know, I shoulda blown my 'free xp' for a Tiger II or an AusF B or something. I just upgraded the gun on my JagdPanzer...1k a shell.   ACK! I think I'll be downgrading back to my 2nd level gun.

I'm impressed by your earnings. Then again, those IS-7s are fookin monsters. When one comes up to me, I basically grab my virtual rear and kiss it.

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #426 on: September 04, 2010, 01:23:20 PM

I've made about 600k since the patch (bought 4 camo nets heh), however I seem to be making significantly less cash today than yesterday - I'm not sure whether I'm just not doing as well, or something has changed. Even some of my really good games, I'm only making 45k or so before repairs+ammo, whereas yesterday I was passing 60k regularly.

Anyway, yeah, my plain old IS is my emergency cash-maker. I'm pretty much guaranteed a profit with that, whereas the IS-7 sometimes wins big, but sometimes loses big.

Play around with the 1k shells Engels - It took me a while to get used to them on my old KV-3, but once you figure out the playstyle (shoot waaay more carefully heh) then they're worth the return. Or at least, they were - I'm not sure now that everything is bigger and you're more prone to dinging off the big tanks.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #427 on: September 04, 2010, 05:00:36 PM

Hey gang. Nix created a WoT channel on the Team Speak server.

IP: IL2.LeetTS.com:10015
Password: minecraft

I'll be doing my best to hang in there while I play WoT.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #428 on: September 04, 2010, 05:01:25 PM

Sweet nice one NiX.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #429 on: September 06, 2010, 03:38:23 PM

Anyone know where to get another Beta key? Got a friend itching to try this out after seeing me play.
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #430 on: September 06, 2010, 07:06:42 PM

Anyone know where to get another Beta key? Got a friend itching to try this out after seeing me play.

http://www.shatteredcrystal.com/index.php/world_of_tanks

Thats where I got mine and I've sent several friends there to get their beta keys too.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #431 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:49 PM

Awesome thank you. That worked perfect.
Dark_MadMax
Terracotta Army

Reply #432 on: September 08, 2010, 04:44:42 AM

wesome.  I laughed for a while about that one.

If it's fun, I'll play it.  I just have a bad feeling about it being the same kind of lame tactics that drive me away from most FPS games.  Ok, that and my lack of FPS twitch skill drives me away. 

This game actually requires much less twitch skill. It is very much about positioning and group  teamwork (which has its problems -as in random battles no matter how good you are you only go as far as your team does)
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #433 on: September 08, 2010, 12:24:40 PM

I have to agree. I'm not very good at twitch I'm an asset, most of the time. It doesn't hurt to be good at twitch, but its also about having a good visio-spatial sense and the ability to drive. Parking skills also help a bit.

But really, the game hinges on group coordination and the collective intelligence of the entire team. I've seen teams made up of superior tanks be wiped out by an lesser team by virtue of correct group strategy.

Now, that said, the game really needs to have a better way of communicating. Integrated voice chat would do wonders, but I can also see why this may not be feasible. Platoons are good, since that means that people on TS or another voice chat can group together. This isn't definitive, however. Even in games with 3 groups of 3 platoons all communicating within each platoon things can go terribly pear shaped, since there's no inter-platoon communication other than the text based chat, which is mostly ignored.

climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #434 on: September 08, 2010, 05:44:44 PM

Doesn't work for me after the most recent update. Autopatched and got the error: Error, patches not installed!

Downloaded the manual patch, installed, and got the same thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Quick search of the WoT forums says to skip over the launcher and go straight for the WoT.exe in order to get past this.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:47:51 PM by climbjtree »
Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #435 on: September 09, 2010, 06:16:08 AM

Now, that said, the game really needs to have a better way of communicating. Integrated voice chat would do wonders, but I can also see why this may not be feasible. Platoons are good, since that means that people on TS or another voice chat can group together. This isn't definitive, however. Even in games with 3 groups of 3 platoons all communicating within each platoon things can go terribly pear shaped, since there's no inter-platoon communication other than the text based chat, which is mostly ignored.

It seems that they're gradually working on better team-based visual communication cues - calling for help using the preset button now flashes an icon over your head, and calling out a target does the same over an enemy etc. Better use of the minimap would be helpful, such as the ability to draw lines/arrows - although allowing this without it being abused by muppets would be no mean feat.

Edit: For slepping.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 12:47:29 PM by Jherad »
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #436 on: September 09, 2010, 10:05:56 AM

Better use of the minimap would be helpful, such as the ability to draw lines/arrows - although allowing this without it being abused by muppets would be no mean feat.

Only allowing it only for platoons would do that.
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #437 on: September 10, 2010, 11:12:09 PM

I just got accepted and am kinda  swamp poop

So a bunch of folks are playing with Churchills. What's up with that? THey say they are good credit earners?

Yeh they make everyone a lot of credits when they blow up a piece of crap heavy tank, so the more Churchills on the field the better I say.

Is this the A20?

I see the churchill now.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:42:38 AM by Pringles »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #438 on: September 11, 2010, 10:04:56 AM

You want to explain? Honestly, I don't understand why everyone is -not- playing this game. I am curious as to what people aren't liking about it. Just from a psychology point of view. I know I must have some sort of gaming blinders on to think this game's so cool.

HorRIFTic
Terracotta Army

Reply #439 on: September 11, 2010, 11:50:26 AM

I finished with 1.5M XP and about 8 million credits worth of gear. I definitely would like to buy the T-44 cause it was fun to play, I will probably invest in either an IS-4/IS-7 depending on what the JagdTiger looks like. IS-7 looks like a superpowered T-44 so I might not need to buy one and with the 5000 gold not having premium won't be an issue.

Bad-ass is what it looks like...

That looks awesome.

Reminds me of my old WWII Online days, of course, with much better graphics.  Does it play anything like WWII Online in terms of tank control?  I havent played WWII:O in ages, might have to give this a spin.

HorRIFTic Intentions
A Rift: Planes of Telara Blog
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #440 on: September 11, 2010, 01:01:31 PM

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone is -not- playing this game. I am curious as to what people aren't liking about it.

It needs more mechs.
HorRIFTic
Terracotta Army

Reply #441 on: September 11, 2010, 09:32:41 PM

Honestly, I don't understand why everyone is -not- playing this game. I am curious as to what people aren't liking about it.

It needs more mechs.

Would love to see a Mech MMO, even if they were just a side-show and not the main event.  I loved Mechwarrior and it would be awesome to see that world in a MMO.

HorRIFTic Intentions
A Rift: Planes of Telara Blog
Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #442 on: September 11, 2010, 10:03:16 PM

You want to explain? Honestly, I don't understand why everyone is -not- playing this game. I am curious as to what people aren't liking about it. Just from a psychology point of view. I know I must have some sort of gaming blinders on to think this game's so cool.

Oh I'm playing it, I just knew nothing about it which led to me feeling like that.

For starters I thought it was a real MMO with tank battles, but its really just an FPS with upgrades in tanks.  (Not saying that's bad, just I had the wrong expectations)
I am somewhat confused by why tanks randomly disappear from my view when they're in an open field and are warping around, feels like I'm lagging, but I'm not from what I can tell.

Overall though I am having fun playing it, just had the wrong expectations at the start.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:04:56 PM by Pringles »
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #443 on: September 11, 2010, 11:08:29 PM

When they're warping, that's actually doing you a favor. You could never actually click on them if they were shown to move at 'real' speeds, so they 'stagger'. Once you have them locked, your auto aim follows them correctly. That said, good luck shooting a transversally zooming scout 500 yards away.

The reason things appear and disappear is based on many factors, including radio ranges of your friends in the field 'spotting' them for you, their own view range, your radio range, your view range. Additionally, if they have ducked into a bush, they can also spontaneously disappear.

Pringles
Terracotta Army

Reply #444 on: September 12, 2010, 12:26:18 AM

Wait there is an auto aim?  I've been manually shooting  Heartbreak

I just looked and apparently its right mouse button, I shall try it

Wow that made the game a lot better.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:33:50 AM by Pringles »
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #445 on: September 12, 2010, 05:26:21 AM

You can zoom even further in with the mousewheel.

I noticed that just lately.

Btw. When is everyone playing ? I'd like to give this platoon thing a try. :)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #446 on: September 12, 2010, 05:58:50 AM

I definitely would like to buy the T-44 cause it was fun to play

I traded up from a 34-85 at the reset and it was a huge mistkae. It's fun to play, I get my share of hits in. And then I go and play 3 low tier matches to pay for the 10k I just lost even though I was on premium. I just can't make this thing work economically. Or even get close to it.

I am loving the tiered battles. 7 kills the other day in my AT1. Even the leichtractor is fun.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #447 on: September 12, 2010, 10:10:49 AM

I've made a channel called Bat Country. Drop by, don't be a stranger.

Numtini, I am having some troubles that way with the Panzer V. Normally I wait till I know I'm focused and calm, and then I rake in the big bucks. Otherwise, I stick to my JagdPanzer or my KV.

Vaiti
Terracotta Army

Reply #448 on: September 12, 2010, 11:18:41 AM

SPG's, any of them pretty much, are the money makers.

They need to be balanced in that way I think.

I can lose a game in my SU-14 and after repair still make 5k without having killed or hit anything in the round.

20-80k a round is my normal winnings. 10k or so from a loss. 5k average Repair bill.

EvE: Caern Robillard | Cua D'Mon
Steam Profile
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #449 on: September 12, 2010, 11:35:17 AM

My most consistent money maker is by far my VK3601. It's hard to lose money with that thing and not that hard to come away with 30k+ after repairs and ammo. Probably average about 10k to 20k after repairs etc though. Haven't tried the T-44 but love my Panther, glad I grabbed that instead of the T-44 after the wipe, only tanks I avoid a one on one with are the IS4 and IS7 when in my Panther. It can be hit or miss on credits though. At least overall I do make money with the Panther.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #450 on: September 12, 2010, 01:03:49 PM

Ya, I'm just not that good at the game! I guess on average I make money with the Panther, but its pretty spotty. I can go 4 horrid games and then have one miracle one where I rake in 50k.

I have the VK3601 trained. Maybe I should buy that instead of the KV3 I just trained up to, just because I've heard good things about that tank, not that I want to pursue the german heavy tank line, which seems a calvary of grind.

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #451 on: September 12, 2010, 02:18:44 PM

Oh I sometimes lose horribly with my Panther but overall it makes money. It's just those times you lose like 10 to 15k can kind of hurt and stick out a lot more then the numerous times you come out +5000 in credits I think.

I would recommend the VK3601, in a bad fight usually break even at least and It can run circles around the KV3. Also I think it's just a plain fun tank to drive. It's basically a faster more agile tiger with less penetration on it's gun. **Disclaimer** I got it after the soft wipe and so never had to unlock modules on mine, so no idea how it is to slog thru from stock to elite. Also I did the same on my Panther so that could be the difference right there.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #452 on: September 12, 2010, 11:48:46 PM

For making money I'm with Vaiti on this one the S-51 is the best money maker and I would say a Hummel might be better again. The Leopard isn't too bad either I've made 40k in one once and generally make about 15-20k and they can be so much fun to play with.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #453 on: September 13, 2010, 06:20:42 AM

I like to drive a variety of vehicles, and I would say that your most likely going to average about $10,000 a match (unless your in a tier 1 or 2 tank, slightly lower).  Once in a while your going to pull over a 50k+ match in the higher tiers.  It seems you get a lot more credits for straight up damage dealt than kills now.

I am starting to notice the skill level of drivers rise and become more stategic.

My pet peeve is becoming people that complain about balance EVERY match...almost like the are compensating for the fear of failure.  More often than not, the so-called under-balanced team wins because they play a little more conservatively.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #454 on: September 13, 2010, 07:29:48 AM

They still giving out beta keys for this?

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: