Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092203 times)
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #385 on: August 26, 2010, 10:02:54 AM

Ya in the next patch the notes said 200 gold for 100% per crew member.

I went ahead and tried out some modules instead of buying the T-34-85, and the 15% armor on the T2 premium Pz38(f) is a lot of fun. That tank is already 34/34/34 hull and 45/40/40 turret, it's like being in a heavy in recruit battles.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #386 on: August 26, 2010, 12:07:33 PM

Ya in the next patch the notes said 200 gold for 100% per crew member.

I went ahead and tried out some modules instead of buying the T-34-85, and the 15% armor on the T2 premium Pz38(f) is a lot of fun. That tank is already 34/34/34 hull and 45/40/40 turret, it's like being in a heavy in recruit battles.

Modules on recruit tanks are.. hilariously unbalanced.
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #387 on: August 26, 2010, 02:19:53 PM

*checks watch* Are we there yet? How ever am i gonna make it til sept. 1  Cry

Not sure where i wanna spend my xp on after reset though. I really, really loved my JagdPanther. Decisions, decisions.
Not gonna roll a T-44 though. Games gonna be flooded with them next week. I'm not spastic enough to go T-line anyway.
Would like to try the King Tiger also.

Russian "heavy"
T-26 - 190 exp
T-46 - 1.020 exp
T-28 - 5.040 exp
KV - 19.725 exp
KV-3 - 48.775 exp
IS - 102.045 exp
IS-3 - 209.120 exp
IS-4 - 396.785 exp
IS-7 - 708.200 exp

German "heavy"
PzKpfw II - 175 exp
PzKpfw III Ausf A - 1.320 exp
PzKpfw III - 5.555 exp
PzKpfw IV - 21.010 exp
VK3601(H) - 50.965 exp
PzKpfw VI Tiger - 105.030 exp
PzKpfw VIB Tiger II - 225.525 exp
VK4502 (P) Ausf B - 411.275 exp
Maus - 691.145 exp

Russian "medium"
BT-2 - 190 exp
BT-7 - 1.520 exp
A-20 - 6.310 exp
T-34 - 21.000 exp
T-34-85 - 54.860 exp
T-43 - 116.945 exp
T-44 - 217.703 exp

German "medium"
PzKpfw II - 175 exp
PzKpfw III Ausf A - 1.320 exp
PzKpfw III - 5.555 exp
PzIII/IV - 21.010 exp
VK3001P - 50.645 exp
VK3002(DB) - 91.825 exp
PzKpfw V Panther - 186.960 exp

But its only to unlock the tanks, no other upgrades counted.  (stolen from WoT-forums)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 02:21:43 PM by snowwy »
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #388 on: August 26, 2010, 07:35:35 PM

But its only to unlock the tanks, no other upgrades counted.  (stolen from WoT-forums)

Thanks for that Snow, keep in mind you don't need to upgrade the T10 tanks, they come fully upgraded. So a fully upgraded AusfB/IS-4 won't be far off the XP purchase of a Maus/IS-7.

I finished with 1.5M XP and about 8 million credits worth of gear. I definitely would like to buy the T-44 cause it was fun to play, I will probably invest in either an IS-4/IS-7 depending on what the JagdTiger looks like. IS-7 looks like a superpowered T-44 so I might not need to buy one and with the 5000 gold not having premium won't be an issue.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #389 on: August 27, 2010, 06:07:49 AM

I need to look at the HE penetration ratings on a few higher end TDs and see if I can make something to counter the flood of T-44s I expect when this comes back up.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #390 on: August 27, 2010, 07:50:50 AM

I finished with 1.5M XP and about 8 million credits worth of gear. I definitely would like to buy the T-44 cause it was fun to play, I will probably invest in either an IS-4/IS-7 depending on what the JagdTiger looks like. IS-7 looks like a superpowered T-44 so I might not need to buy one and with the 5000 gold not having premium won't be an issue.

Bad-ass is what it looks like...

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #391 on: August 27, 2010, 10:36:50 AM

Yes it does. Does that turret rotate?
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #392 on: August 27, 2010, 11:29:25 AM

That thing does look badass yes.

I need to look at the HE penetration ratings on a few higher end TDs and see if I can make something to counter the flood of T-44s I expect when this comes back up.

I'm not sure what you are currently driving but they are pretty easy for me in my Tiger II, the only time I die to them is if they have support. If a T-44 is circling me I can track them 90% of the time, use reverse & rotate the tank as well as the turret this will spin your gun right around twice as fast, then manually aim a few metres ahead of him on the same plane, his speed can be quite slow once he is that close. Once they are tracked park right in front of them and pop them, they really aren't that powerful. The initial tracking might not do any damage if you don't land a clean hit but as long as you can park on his front this will stop them speeding off again. Other tricks would be to back into a wall so he can't circle you that pisses T-44s off and don't wander off alone if there are T-44 around.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #393 on: August 27, 2010, 11:36:47 AM

That thing does look badass yes.

I'm not sure what you are currently driving but they are pretty easy for me in my Tiger II, the only time I die to them is if they have support. If a T-44 is circling me I can track them 90% of the time, use reverse & rotate the tank as well as the turret this will spin your gun right around twice as fast, then manually aim a few metres ahead of him on the same plane, his speed can be quite slow once he is that close. Once they are tracked park right in front of them and pop them, they really aren't that powerful. The initial tracking might not do any damage if you don't land a clean hit but as long as you can park on his front this will stop them speeding off again. Other tricks would be to back into a wall so he can't circle you that pisses T-44s off and don't wander off alone if there are T-44 around.

t-34s usually. Which means from any old angle, a t-44 can eat me for breakfast, and I can't do much about it.

Right before things shut down, I saw a lovely game where there was a 6 t-44 flanking group that pretty much just ate Everything. Mostly due to the horrible netcode at long range causing warping (and auto aim sucking when you try and use it to avoid warping), so there was nothing the TD line could do about preventing them from closing.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #394 on: August 27, 2010, 11:48:03 AM

Yes well a T-34 really has no chance against a T-44 and rightly so. T-34 is a fairly weak tank but I found it like the other Mediums in it's line worked best near the end of the match against light and heavies. I would avoid other medium tanks especially the higher tier ones. T-34-85 can actually go up against a T-44 and sometimes win if they're lucky.

Jherad
Terracotta Army

I find Rachel Maddow seriously hot.

Reply #395 on: August 28, 2010, 01:15:18 PM

No, that's a fixed turret. It's a TD.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #396 on: August 28, 2010, 04:33:41 PM

No, that's a fixed turret. It's a TD.

I realize it's a TD but some American TDs had rotating turrets, like the M10 and M18. Wasn't sure if that one did too, since it looks like it could. Going by the final tech tree for the American line they are eventually including the M18 so they may have some TDs with rotating turrets eventually. 
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #397 on: August 29, 2010, 11:00:17 AM

I realize it's a TD but some American TDs had rotating turrets, like the M10 and M18. Wasn't sure if that one did too, since it looks like it could. Going by the final tech tree for the American line they are eventually including the M18 so they may have some TDs with rotating turrets eventually. 

Right. Yeah, it's just not particularly clear from that pic, but the turret and body are one and the same. Other pics highlight it better, but I'm posting from my cell phone so can't show you.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #398 on: August 29, 2010, 11:16:44 AM

If you look up the Wiki on the JagdTiger, you can see from the images provided that its not a moveable turret:

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #399 on: August 29, 2010, 12:02:25 PM

Playing the russian release version as we speak. Got bored waiting  awesome, for real
A few things :
 - prices on a lot of tanks have decreased. As an example, the VK36 now cost 730 000'ish, 200k down from last beta build.
 - the tiered battles are actually quite good. Driving a KV atm, and will sometimes get a match where i am the top vehicle. Other times it's back to normal and i am flooded with IS-3 and -4's.
 - 3 equipment slots and 3 consumable slots. I don't speak a word russian, so no idea what the consumables actually do. Seems to be two tiers of them, cheap ones cost from 3-5k creds, and there are some that cost 100 gold.
 - beginner tier battles are heaven now, no arty  awesome, for real  ....and then you get into the next tier and you get 5-7 arty pr side. I kid you not. Most i had was 8 arty pr side.....move/shoot= instant death  ACK!
 - I like the two new maps. One small intensive map, and one bigger map with bridges as chokepoints. Actually quite good map imo.
 - prices on crew-training is  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  you start up with 50% crews, 20k for 75% and 200 gold a piece for 100% training
 - been pretty lag-free except for one or two matches which was just god awful
 - Tigers seem pretty good now. After following a few on death-cam, i haven't seen any sign of ammo-rack, engine blowouts etc out of the ordinary, nothing like they used to be anyway. I may however be wrong as usual.

All in all, it looks pretty damn good. Only thing that still makes me shout to the monitor is the arty onslaught.  Back to grinding xp, need new gun
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #400 on: August 29, 2010, 12:12:03 PM

How are you playing the russian release? You bought it or something?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #401 on: August 29, 2010, 01:31:04 PM

Worldoftanks.ru
To lazy to link  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Google Translate and I managed to sign up

edit: F me sideways.  Arty is pissing me off much the same way rogues used to do in WoW. Losing ones track every 5 sec is no different from being stunlocked. Yes, you can shoot......on what? They are pummeling you from over the horizon Bloodpressure.....rising.......
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 01:33:58 PM by snowwy »
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #402 on: August 29, 2010, 04:19:41 PM

I heard you can copy some file from the EU beta to your RU folder and it puts most everything in English.

edit: downloading RU version now, will try it and see if can find the English file.

2nd edit: Its under the res folder. Just replace the text and audio folders in the RU version with EU version.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 11:18:51 PM by veredus »
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #403 on: August 31, 2010, 06:59:31 AM

Some new info on the forums (updated today):

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/2016-beta-05x-patch-coming-soon/

The restart of WOT closed beta is scheduled for September 1, 2010. The beta will restart with old 0.4.5 version and will be patched to 0.5.4.1 in a few days.
The update will contain the consecutive general updates 0.5 , 0.5.1 , 0.5.2 and 0.5.3.

Updating our game servers to 0.5.4 version will require “soft” reset/wipe user accounts. The details of this reset have been described here and here.

There are some more of them:

1) 5000 gold will be assigned as soon as the beta restarts, i.e. before the wipe and the 0.5.4.1 update
2) Your premium accounts will be extended (those which were active when the servers had been shut down). I.e. if you had 2 more days of premium, you will get 2 day of premium when the beta restarts.
3) 3000 gold will be added to your account after the wipe as a refund for your crews.
4) The other wipe details stay the same.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #404 on: August 31, 2010, 09:35:30 AM

8k gold woop  awesome, for real

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #405 on: August 31, 2010, 06:01:39 PM

So a bunch of folks are playing with Churchills. What's up with that? THey say they are good credit earners?

veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #406 on: August 31, 2010, 06:08:32 PM

Servers are back up already.

Since soft wipe is in a few days and we got 5000 gold already I went ahead and bought a churchill and matilda to try them out. Ya churchill is a money maker and it's not really a bad tank. I took on an IS3 with it and took 20% of his health before I died. Also made like 15k credits for very little time and work. Matilda is ok, decent for money but if I had to pick I'd take the churchill.

Edit: first match was more $ then usual. After playing a few more matches with each, make more money with the matilda but the churchill is more fun. Out of 5 matches with each tank averaged probably about 6-10k with churchill and 8-12k with matilda. matilda is worthless though and the churchill while not great can actually contribute and is fun to drive. Churchill is worthless. Seriously. Matilda after playing for the evening is not a bad tank. A bigger engine and it would be pretty good.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:56:23 PM by veredus »
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #407 on: August 31, 2010, 06:19:09 PM

So a bunch of folks are playing with Churchills. What's up with that? THey say they are good credit earners?

Yeh they make everyone a lot of credits when they blow up a piece of crap heavy tank, so the more Churchills on the field the better I say.

Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #408 on: September 01, 2010, 11:31:01 AM

My Ping went from 150-200 to 40-50 with the switch to NA servers.

I bought a week premium, and transferred a bunch of gold to finally afford the Ferdinand.  Ferd is comme ci, comme ca so far and to get the big gun is a bit of a grind.  I would have like to try out some premium tanks, but wanted to get the ferd.

I am just glad the beta is up and running again.
kildorn
Terracotta Army

Reply #409 on: September 01, 2010, 03:16:09 PM

"server busy, please try again later"

That's new!
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #410 on: September 01, 2010, 05:43:23 PM

"server busy, please try again later"

That's new!

Saw that a couple of times before the servers went down - they're really ramping up the beta numbers now, and had major problems with game performance as they were stress testing (weird glitches like tanks able to pass through scenery and climb buildings/mountains). They 'fixed' that, and the queues appeared, albeit rarely.
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #411 on: September 02, 2010, 07:21:10 AM

New patch is up, however the download is *incredibly* slow. There is an alternative torrent here:

http://download.worldoftanks.com/patches/auto/WoT_beta_0.4.5-0.5.4.1_eng_patch.exe.torrent

Edit: Weeee IS-7! Funfunfun. However, loaded my first match to find myself playing in a team with 3 other IS7s, an IS4, an IS3, and assorted other tanks, vs a similar side heheh. Still, made 60k from the match (2 kills - an ausf B and a jgpanther, plus a heap of damage vs assorted IS-7s), with premium, with 17k repair costs and 17k ammo.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 08:33:42 AM by Jherad »
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #412 on: September 02, 2010, 08:35:56 AM

Thanks for the torrent link, patch is definitely very very slow. Now what to do with my exp...
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #413 on: September 02, 2010, 09:03:26 AM

Lots of very nifty little improvements...

Things like a little antiquated buzzer that sounds when score a hit instead of relying on a voice indicator, a translucent foliage effect when zoomed in while in bush cover, and improved (customisable) targeting reticules all making my life easier.

I've got both an IS-7 and an upgraded IS in my garage, and when playing the IS, the balancing tweaks are apparent - was again matched with similar tiered vehicles.

I can't help but feel that we've lost a little something with the balancing, particularly as some of the lower tiered lights were fantastic scouts, but we'll see how it plays.
Bandit
Terracotta Army

Reply #414 on: September 02, 2010, 09:15:31 AM

Is the JagTiger available now in this patch?
Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #415 on: September 02, 2010, 10:12:34 AM

Yes.

I've not played with one, but I have played against them. They pack a fairly big punch, however they turn slowly and are very vulnerable to being flanked - they can hurt my IS-7, but if they try to play like heavies (which many people seem to be doing at the moment), then up close it's like shooting fish in a barrel. They seem best used sniping at medium to long range.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #416 on: September 02, 2010, 12:11:28 PM

Squee!

So, I was thinking of training up a Panzer V. Do you guys think those are competitive tanks in a sea of IS-7s and AusfBs?

Jherad
Terracotta Army

Reply #417 on: September 02, 2010, 02:11:33 PM

A lot of panther/t-44 tank drivers at the moment are complaining, as they are no longer the big guns, and the weaker fast tanks that mediums preyed upon have all but vanished from high-end games.

I think it could use a little bit more balancing, the matches seem *very* top heavy (heavy heavy!) at the moment, but I'm hoping it will even out soon. High tier arty is *very* dangerous to an IS-7 or Maus (I've been 1-2 shot a few times by the biggest now), and lights/mediums are still the best at taking them out.

I suspect if/when clan matches start up, lights and mediums are going to make a big resurgence.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #418 on: September 02, 2010, 03:51:58 PM

I really like what they have done here. The new maps are nice and I haven't been ammo racked or set on fire a ridiculous amount of times in my IS-7. This is probably due to the changes and the lack of low-mid tier tanks running around with HE. First game was strange new map, new tank and I ended up getting pwned by two S-51s when I took up a bad position in the center by the cap points. Finding it hard to make money in the IS-7 but I am trying out the consumables a lot. I did manage to make 80k credits one game which is by far the best I've ever made & I quite like that there's a lot of high tier tanks running around.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #419 on: September 02, 2010, 06:24:25 PM

Thanks for the torrent. Took 4 minutes.

I trained up to a Panzer V and its not so bad. Sure, there are a lot of heavies. Heavies that can't track a Panzer V circling about them. So, essentially now the PV is the new light tank.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: