Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:10:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1092218 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5775 on: June 09, 2016, 07:35:45 PM

So apparently, every time a Grille cries from an arty shot, an angel gets its wings...or something.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

http://wotreplays.com/site/2746758#cliff-strazos-m53_m55

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Strazos

Reply #5776 on: June 12, 2016, 08:10:28 AM

Ya gotta love when facing tentative teams sometimes.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

http://wotreplays.com/site/2751382#mountain_pass-strazos-kv-2

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Strazos

Reply #5777 on: July 27, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

So on a lark, I downloaded a modpack with the BattleAsst arty view...Wow, mind blown, it's totally changed my life when playing arty.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:06:24 AM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5778 on: July 27, 2016, 06:33:27 PM

I legit forgot all about this game until you bumped this post. Goddamn you.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5779 on: July 30, 2016, 02:05:27 PM

I still need to log in and take an inventory so I can sell my account. PM me if you are interested and are bad with money  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #5780 on: August 10, 2016, 09:41:23 AM

So, this is just an example of what can happen with the alternate arty view:

http://wotreplays.com/site/2866934#sand_river-strazos-m53_m55

In my opinion, seeing as most arty firing arcs are fairly low and more-direct than they perhaps would be in IRL, I find this view to often be a bit more rational than the default view. It also gives you a better idea of what your shot is likely to do.

Fear the Backstab!
Miguel
Terracotta Army

कुशल

Reply #5781 on: August 11, 2016, 01:50:59 PM

Just started playing this for fun.  Any chance an F13 clan still exists (if it ever existed)?

“We have competent people thinking about this stuff. We’re not just making shit up.” -Neil deGrasse Tyson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5782 on: August 11, 2016, 05:43:31 PM

Never was one and most of the people on here have stopped playing from what I can tell (including me).

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5783 on: August 11, 2016, 07:57:20 PM

I play on occasion on NA East.  Nebu_f13 is my handle.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Strazos

Reply #5784 on: August 14, 2016, 09:27:24 AM

I mostly just solo, and I head to Egypt for a year on Tuesday, so I may not be playing much.

Fear the Backstab!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5785 on: August 15, 2016, 11:22:46 AM

I'm finding the game near unplayable solo.  The quality of the player base is getting so bad that you're really at the mercy of your team unless you have a strong platoon to try and dictate the action.  Sure, you still get crushed some games... but it's a lot easier to feel your impact when there are two or three tanks working together.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5786 on: August 16, 2016, 09:05:05 PM

Getting saddled with window lickers constantly was what drove me from the game. Just listed my account on e-bay. Will give 10% refund to any long time f13er that buys it  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5787 on: August 16, 2016, 10:28:14 PM

I wish you could transfer tanks. I'd buy your 59 off of you just to scratch my completionist itch even though I don't even play any more.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5788 on: August 19, 2016, 12:03:29 PM

I am hoping that it brings a premium price for the account. I was amazed to see that I had 33 premium tanks total...God I spent a lot of money on this game.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5789 on: August 19, 2016, 01:06:15 PM

I am hoping that it brings a premium price for the account. I was amazed to see that I had 33 premium tanks total...God I spent a lot of money on this game.

Bitch, please. awesome, for real

http://worldoftanks.com/en/community/accounts/1000381928-Ginaz/
WayAbvPar

Reply #5790 on: August 20, 2016, 03:17:25 PM

I very rarely earned gold, so I bought a shit ton of it to finance camo and premium and shit.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5791 on: October 21, 2016, 09:28:45 AM

So-
Accepted an offer for $500 for my account on eBay. Of course the cocksucker backs out. I report a non-pay to eBay, and they promptly de-list my offering because it is account selling. Never mind that there are literally at least a dozen other sales going on at any time. SIGH.

Wondering if Craigslist is an option. Any suggestions?

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #5792 on: October 24, 2016, 03:09:14 PM

Sell it to me for three fifty?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
WayAbvPar

Reply #5793 on: October 24, 2016, 08:55:03 PM

Loch Ness Monster gets first dibs.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5794 on: November 29, 2016, 10:58:02 AM

Is cheating rampant in the game now?  First game in many months and on the Tundra map it seemed like I was getting shot THROUGH the rock covering my side.  Didn't play again.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5795 on: December 02, 2016, 05:18:11 PM

Is cheating rampant in the game now?  First game in many months and on the Tundra map it seemed like I was getting shot THROUGH the rock covering my side.  Didn't play again.
Back in the old 7-42 tournaments, were you have 5 teir 8 tanks and 2 tier 1 tanks, I would try to find places to hide tier 1 tanks for spotting using 2 accounts in a test room. I found the server just just did not sync with the client on a very few bushes as if the entire bush did not exist server side. I think a few rocks and walls might have this problem also. Beyond that it should be impossible to do cheating of shooting through objects because it is the server not clients deciding if a shot hits.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5796 on: December 02, 2016, 08:44:56 PM

Is cheating rampant in the game now?  First game in many months and on the Tundra map it seemed like I was getting shot THROUGH the rock covering my side.  Didn't play again.
Not sure about Tundra but there are definitely rocks that have "cracks" in them you can shoot through.

E.g. on Mountain Pass, I can't remember exactly which rock it is (it's been a while since I've played), but one of the rocks you would think you could hide behind and side scrape from between J2 and J3 on the east side can get shot through from the west side:

« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 08:48:16 PM by Trippy »
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5797 on: February 21, 2017, 08:53:38 PM

Doesn't seem like anyone plays this any more but if you liked playing the Lowe they have buffed the everloving fuck out of it. Still slow, but it's very fun to play now.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5798 on: February 22, 2017, 05:27:39 AM

Doesn't seem like anyone plays this any more but if you liked playing the Lowe they have buffed the everloving fuck out of it. Still slow, but it's very fun to play now.

I'm still playing.  Drop me an invite if you want some company.

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5799 on: February 22, 2017, 10:45:50 AM

The Lowe was impressive before.. how the hell do you buff it without making it supremely overpowered? Were the newer tiers of tanks enough to counter it then, or had it been nerfed to oblivion in the last 2 years?

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5800 on: February 22, 2017, 10:56:58 AM

It was a combination of nerfs and powercreep by other tanks that made it obsolete.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5801 on: February 22, 2017, 11:52:34 AM

One of the big things they did to it before was make it larger so it became a giant tarted with YUUUUGE weakpoints. The gun was always very good though.

I remember one time I got tracked in the perfect position for all the shots to keep going into my tracks and yet I was angled to keep stuff bounching, and then half the enemy team opened up on me. 9000 damage points bounced later I felt like a KV5.

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5802 on: February 27, 2017, 05:08:16 PM

I don't believe I had a Lowe, but I had most of the other premiums. Let me know if you wanna buy my account  awesome, for real

Strazos

Reply #5803 on: March 08, 2017, 02:10:24 PM

The power creep is getting pretty bad, especially with premiums. In the past, they often had good armor and HP, but mediocre guns. Later, they had great guns but critical flaws.

Now? You get shit like the Patriot, which is clearly OP with great mobility for a heavy, good guns, troll armor. Or you get the new flavor of heavies like the Japanese - good luck penning them even from 1 tier above.

Fear the Backstab!
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5804 on: May 04, 2017, 02:45:26 AM

Heard they're revamping (revamped?) arty, less damage but arty can now stun tanks with a hit. Anyone tried it?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Strazos

Reply #5805 on: May 13, 2017, 03:08:00 AM

I've messed with it a little bit. Yes, arty do less alpha damage, but can stun crew for...up to 30 seconds perhaps? It basically gives some kind of debuff to the crew, affecting many critical attributes of the tank with a temporary penalty ranging from -25% to -50%, depending on a few factors. Using a first aid consumable can prematurely end the stun.

Consumables are also now on a 90 second cooldown, so you can be a little more liberal with their use. You do not incur costs for multiple uses.

More here: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/general-news/918-spg-revision/

I'm still not sure how I feel about it - I had a lot of fun 1-shotting lazy tanks sitting in the open, and I never personally let the presence of arty force me to cower the whole match behind a rock. I also don't like the fact that now arty cannot platoon - I think limiting platoons to one arty would have been fine. Apparently, people were crying that arty would concentrate on helping platoonmates, which...as long as they're killing targets and advancing the game, I don't know why that would matter.

Fear the Backstab!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5806 on: May 15, 2017, 04:54:36 AM

Ah, that's what you all meant by stunned. I was thinking they'd gone back to the old, "Inactive, can't move," mechanic that had caused the first round of changes due to all the bitching.  Crew stun seems like an OK compromise.

Still not enough to get me to reinstall, though.

Strazos

Reply #5807 on: May 15, 2017, 03:39:46 PM

What's more annoying now is the power level of the new premium tanks. You previously had a lot of one-trick ponies, but now you're seeing a lot of premiums mediums and heavies that have both great guns and solid armor. Or mold-breaking things like a turreted glass cannon German TD. I actually ran into a French heavy (+1 tier) that I couldn't pen from the front with the Steuer Emil's first gun, even with gold rounds. It's a little silly.

Fear the Backstab!
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5808 on: May 15, 2017, 05:45:46 PM

At this point in the lifecycle that shouldn't be too surprising, though. The only way to keep the revenue flowing is to keep the whales buying and they're only going to buy OP vehicles. There aren't enough newbs to worry about driving them off.

Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #5809 on: May 16, 2017, 06:44:05 AM

At this point in the lifecycle that shouldn't be too surprising, though. The only way to keep the revenue flowing is to keep the whales buying and they're only going to buy OP vehicles. There aren't enough newbs to worry about driving them off.

WG has already switched to the "make premiums great again" policy when WoWs came out. Most premiums (there are shitty exceptions) are flat out upgrades over their same-tier non-premium counterparts. But it's still better there than in WoT where you may end up not being able to damage something even tiered at all.

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: