Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 03:56:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1117525 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5530 on: August 13, 2015, 02:17:45 PM

Bust have mis-read it sorry.

Anyway its a tier 3 light with a crap slow firing gun. Only notable thing is its the same pen for HE as AP from what I could see. Meh.

*edit* I knew I didn't Mis-read it. On the EU page it says you have to play a battle

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/pc-browser/44/special-five-years-development/

The Prelude

The first part of the special will consist of 3 special missions and be available from Wednesday 12 August at 07:10 until Monday 17 August at 07:00 CEST (UTC +2):

A Tank for Everybody!
Reward

BT-7A, Soviet Tier III light tank
1 garage slot

Requirements

Once per account

Conditions

Play a battle

Not that it matters very much
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:38:03 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5531 on: August 13, 2015, 03:04:05 PM

Maybe it's different for the EU server, like the Gold Plated Type 59 for the Chinese. But the tank being added to my garage was one of my login messages and it was right in there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:25:04 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5532 on: August 13, 2015, 03:14:57 PM

Maybe it's different for the EU server, like the Gold Played Type 59 for the Chinese. But the tank being added to my garage was one of my login messages and it was right in there.

Same here.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5533 on: August 13, 2015, 03:23:22 PM

Anyone have the T-54 first prototype, whats it like?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5534 on: August 13, 2015, 03:49:04 PM

I got no log in message and it appeared after i played a battle.

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5535 on: August 13, 2015, 04:35:15 PM

Got it, joined one match, uninstalled the game.

Wow it's turned to shit since I last played. People just /quitting if their team's XVM stats say they're going to lose. Those who stay bitching about OMG 18% (Which I can only assume was me since I haven't played in months.)

Yeah, fuck this game now.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5536 on: August 13, 2015, 05:20:23 PM

Anyone have the T-54 first prototype, whats it like?
I have it though I've only played a handful of games in it so far. From what I've researched it's a slower than average medium with very good armor and a decent gun. Of the premium Tier VIII mediums that are available it's the most versatile I would say.

Edit: what are you looking to do with it? E.g. are you looking for a crew trainer or a credit earner?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:23:13 PM by Trippy »
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5537 on: August 13, 2015, 05:26:52 PM

Credit earner would be the preference.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5538 on: August 13, 2015, 06:08:57 PM

It's okay as a credit earner. That linked table is the net income for the Tier VIII Premiums.

Of the Tier VIII Premium Mediums the AMX CDC is at the top cause of the high penetration on its standard ammo (and indirectly because of its excellent mobility), but that tank is harder to play than T-54 first prototype because it effectively has no armor.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5539 on: August 13, 2015, 07:12:32 PM

Interesting, thanks.

I already have an IS6 and I make good ISK with that, but I was hoping with the T54 p for a change of pace. Maybe the FCM would be the best option.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:02:26 AM by Amarr HM »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5540 on: August 14, 2015, 09:36:31 AM

The FCM needs to play like a Panther. Stay back and snipe and rapidly relocate. Its armour can bounce a few shots now and again but basically its a medium with a heavy tank profile and a heavy tank gun. The gun is great and it gets prem matchmaking.

Got it, joined one match, uninstalled the game.

Wow it's turned to shit since I last played. People just /quitting if their team's XVM stats say they're going to lose. Those who stay bitching about OMG 18% (Which I can only assume was me since I haven't played in months.)

Yeah, fuck this game now.

Thats pretty much the same as it was last year which is one of the reasons I only play occasionally. XVM changes the way people play and no-one can tell me otherwise. I've seen people up and quit or just suicide too many times to count and the wonderful AAAGH UNICUM!!! *suicide* comments are fun as well. It does work in my favour however as people underestimate me because of my "rubbish stats".

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5541 on: August 14, 2015, 11:36:08 AM

XVM definitely makes people play differently. If I see a high win chance I know I want to be a bit more agressive, if there's a big chance of a loss I will stay back and try soak up pressure. I can say lately I don't think either process is working out for me.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5542 on: August 14, 2015, 11:41:30 AM

My stats show me as a purple player, if people knew how bad I am these days they wouldn't bother divebombing me or get disheartened. 

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5543 on: August 14, 2015, 11:41:58 AM

I have XVM but my config doesn't have that predicted win feature turned on. Mine does show games played, win rate and WG's rating number (the WN8 number is bugged at the moment for some reason) but I only really use that to see if there's somebody on my team I want to tag along with.

Every game for me is still a learning experience so even if our team gets steamrolled there's still something I can learn from the experience.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5544 on: August 14, 2015, 03:28:13 PM

My stats show me as a purple player, if people knew how bad I am these days they wouldn't bother divebombing me or get disheartened. 
Hah hah, I'll believe it when I see it. I played with you back in the early days and unless you've had a stroke or something, you're a better player than anyone on this board.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5545 on: August 14, 2015, 04:20:22 PM

Hah hah, I'll believe it when I see it. I played with you back in the early days and unless you've had a stroke or something, you're a better player than anyone on this board.

I agree.  We played a few matches together as well and you're a pretty amazing tanker.  The stats were well earned.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5546 on: August 15, 2015, 12:40:03 PM

Cheers guys, but I really feel like I have lost the edge. My sit awareness has decreased a few notches. Engels I think you witnessed that yesterday as I sat there plinking away with my Panther II uknowingly about to get ripped up by those E50s. On the positive side my instinct was there to run, but I was a few seconds too late.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5547 on: August 16, 2015, 03:29:27 AM

Good lord, these new Japanese tanks are huge.  I've been playing them a bit on the TC I haven't decided if I like them or not.  If you like big ass tanks with lots of armor, then you might like them. 
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5548 on: August 16, 2015, 07:07:33 AM

I just had to start playing my IS7 again.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:09:48 AM by Amarr HM »

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5549 on: August 18, 2015, 03:55:01 AM

Trippy thanks for that link, upon observation I bought the AMX CDC.

First impressions: the learning curve is way steep. But once you get the hang of it, it's really fun to play. Reminds me of the Tier 9 Pershing before they replaced it.

The massive turret basically can't bounce anything, if you are going hull down. It gets ammo racked a lot, it has the worst armor I've ever seen. Something sneezes on you and it will take half your HP, T71s can kick your ass.

Still though it's great fun to play and I've made a shitton of credits.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5550 on: August 18, 2015, 07:38:24 AM

I prefer the FCM 50T.  Similar tank with a preferential MM. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5551 on: August 18, 2015, 08:56:29 AM

Trippy thanks for that link, upon observation I bought the AMX CDC.

First impressions: the learning curve is way steep. But once you get the hang of it, it's really fun to play. Reminds me of the Tier 9 Pershing before they replaced it.

The massive turret basically can't bounce anything, if you are going hull down. It gets ammo racked a lot, it has the worst armor I've ever seen. Something sneezes on you and it will take half your HP, T71s can kick your ass.

Still though it's great fun to play and I've made a shitton of credits.

And it trains your AMX 30 crew, which is a great tank.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5552 on: August 18, 2015, 09:11:28 AM

I prefer the FCM 50T.  Similar tank with a preferential MM. 

Yeh I mulled that one over but I didn't have a French heavy crew lying around and it would have cost me about $25 more. Plus the gun elevation/depression is better in the CDC, which is to my liking.

Too right Wap, the crew for that is still in my 13 90, but I'm using the CDC to train up a loader who was surplus from the Foch line. All worked out nicely.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5553 on: August 18, 2015, 09:35:02 AM

You might actually have a French heavy crew at 100% in your barracks from the former test AMX 50B Domination tank.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5554 on: August 18, 2015, 10:48:41 AM

Nope, no heavy frenchies.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5555 on: August 18, 2015, 12:04:10 PM

Premium 8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger being retired. US ebay.com is almost out of the cheap (<$30) codes for this. Kinguin.net still has some for now.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5556 on: August 19, 2015, 11:11:43 AM

AAAAFGHHHHH BUY NOW BUYBUY!

Or not.

Hic sunt dracones.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5557 on: August 20, 2015, 06:17:35 PM

So... is the Jagdtiger any good?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5558 on: August 20, 2015, 06:39:09 PM

It's a very good credit farmer with preferential MM (which is why it's being removed), accurate and high DPM gun (though low alpha), and strong upper frontal structure armor but it's painfully slow. If you like to camp and farm credits (damage) you would probably like it.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5559 on: August 21, 2015, 12:52:43 AM

I grabbed a code from eBay. Not too bad a tank for when I feel like that style of play, but god damn pubbies are awful. I've been playing again and it might just be bad luck or the times of day I've been on but there seem to be a lot more grief kiddies who ram teammates, and FFS pubbies can't use tactics. They think "defence" is charging forward like

I'm not saying I'm anything special or even particularly good, because I'm not. But FFS those dumbarses...

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5560 on: August 22, 2015, 06:10:16 PM

A look at the new Japanese tanks on the Test server

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgRMq0B95_Q

Hic sunt dracones.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5561 on: August 22, 2015, 11:43:41 PM

Worst WoT day ever setting records for most losses in one session and worst win rate (over a 20+ game session) Even the time I lost 12 games in a row wasn't as bad as today Ohhhhh, I see.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5562 on: August 23, 2015, 07:49:14 AM

Its funny how it always seems to come in waves.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #5563 on: August 23, 2015, 09:44:36 AM

Worst WoT day ever setting records for most losses in one session and worst win rate (over a 20+ game session) Even the time I lost 12 games in a row wasn't as bad as today Ohhhhh, I see.

My worst was 18 losses in a row.  Just a couple days ago I was 0/10 in my JagPanther II. Thankfully it was elited already so I sold the fucker and bought the JT   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5564 on: August 23, 2015, 01:37:14 PM

I'm not sure my keyboard would survive 18 losses in a row.  Ouch.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: