Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:16:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104727 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5355 on: May 07, 2015, 11:21:56 AM

Nothing, you know value when you see it.  $75 for 4 tanks that are $35 each and you get a free perk and 30 days premium?  You'd need 3/4 of them to suck for it not to be a bargain.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5356 on: May 07, 2015, 11:24:18 AM

Yeah, I pulled the trigger. I already have too many Soviet heavy and TD prems, but the two mediums (Soviet and Brit) are too useful to pass up. Plus they are all tier 6+ so they count for my T-55 missions. When I finally buy a STB it is going to have a serious crew in it.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5357 on: May 07, 2015, 01:04:04 PM

Yeah, I pulled the trigger. I already have too many Soviet heavy and TD prems

These ones all have much cooler decals on them. And the British one is actually a better version than it's non-premium base unlike the other 3. And as much as I loved my bobble-head Black Prince it's totally ineffective for training crews. I don't know why but I always mentally pictured it shooting little round cannonballs. Or BBs.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5358 on: May 07, 2015, 01:22:19 PM

Yeah the original Cromwell was a good tank, and this one looks to be on par or even a bit better. That is really nice for a premium. And the Rudy will be useful for training all the crews I need to keep my T-54 after I unlock the T-62A (put my first girl crew from the missions into my 140).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5359 on: May 07, 2015, 01:59:22 PM

Never sell your T-54, I made that mistake once.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5360 on: May 07, 2015, 03:06:36 PM

Never sell your T-54, I made that mistake once.

I sold mine.  I have a lot more fun playing the E50.  I'm not sure why.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5361 on: May 07, 2015, 03:36:45 PM

It probably suits your style better. I like to drive around like a headless chicken and shoot red tanks, where you are more tactical in your engagements.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5362 on: May 07, 2015, 04:00:07 PM

This is too amusing not to share. Another goon was telling pubbies that Soulfocker had Cromwell codes, and to message him in game to get one. This was how Soulfocker responded-

awesome, for real

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5363 on: May 07, 2015, 07:24:21 PM

I only bought the Cromwell B, mostly as a crew trainer since the Matilda BP is Gunk with a capitol G.  The 4 pack was tempting but I just bought the T-54 first Prototype (which is a blast to play because of it's trolly armor) so I didn't need a Soviet med trainer and I already have premium Soviet heavys (KV-5 and KV-220) and a TD (SU-122-44) that are both good trainers and fun to play.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5364 on: May 07, 2015, 09:41:50 PM

I only bought the Cromwell B, mostly as a crew trainer since the Matilda BP is Gunk with a capitol G. 

I did the exact same.  I own the 34-85M and have tier 8 heavies and the 122-44.  I'm pleased with the purchase.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5365 on: May 09, 2015, 01:58:20 PM

5x weekends are chock full of retards, but that can mean good things sometimes-

Babby's first Kolobanov's

I appreciated the other team queuing up in an orderly fashion to drive in front of my guns. Saved me a lot of driving.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5366 on: May 09, 2015, 02:25:04 PM

5x weekends are chock full of retards, but that can mean good things sometimes-

Babby's first Kolobanov's

I appreciated the other team queuing up in an orderly fashion to drive in front of my guns. Saved me a lot of driving.

You played a fantastic game.  Anticipated well, positioned well, and made your shots count.  Tracking that scout was the game winner.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5367 on: May 10, 2015, 03:50:33 PM

Nice of WG to screw me on the 268 on-track mission by ending it a day earlier than normal.  It was in the description, but who looks at that when the last 35 on tracks all went 14 days.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5368 on: May 10, 2015, 05:46:31 PM

Yeah I thought I saw that last night when it said it had like 9 hours left. And the next one doesn't start until tomorrow. So they are basically fucking everyone out of a day of 5x XP. Shitty.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5369 on: May 14, 2015, 06:19:28 PM

Trying to be good at this game is like trying to be an Olympic swimmer in a pool filled with diarrhea.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5370 on: May 14, 2015, 08:32:19 PM

Awesome, so the reality is I was just way ahead of the curve?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5371 on: May 14, 2015, 10:51:13 PM

No, you are/were wrong on a basic statistical basis. 

-H.L. Mencken
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #5372 on: May 15, 2015, 08:10:20 AM

I would play more tanks, but I suck. I also have no idea whats going on and the add-ons confuse me, which is weird because this is literally the only game that makes me feel this way.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5373 on: May 15, 2015, 08:37:05 AM

I would play more tanks, but I suck. I also have no idea whats going on and the add-ons confuse me, which is weird because this is literally the only game that makes me feel this way.

Tanks took me about 5000 games to really start understanding.  That's what is fun about the game.  It seems simple on the surface (point and click) but is actually very deep. 

I'm Nebu_f13 in game.  If you ever want to hop on voice coms and play, I'll be happy to teach you what little I know.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5374 on: May 17, 2015, 04:26:37 PM

Map: Sacred Valley

T-34-85 Rudy

2,932    74,239 

Battle achievements Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Crew Exp: 7 782 
     Repairs: 2 860 
     Ammunition: 10 075 

Total: 61 304     WN8: 8 075 (100)     

Yeah this Rudy is ok. 2688 damage, 3 kills in a tier 8 game.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5375 on: May 17, 2015, 09:49:08 PM

Niiiiiice. I had an epic Tiger I match tonight, finally getting an Ace. You need just the right combination of complete stupidity on the other team, borderline stupidity on your team allowing you not to be zerged, and a few lucky bounces.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5376 on: May 18, 2015, 09:27:49 AM

Niiiiiice. I had an epic Tiger I match tonight, finally getting an Ace. You need just the right combination of complete stupidity on the other team, borderline stupidity on your team allowing you not to be zerged, and a few lucky bounces.

Heh. Good news- stupidity is in abundance. It is the major factor in about 80% of games played, and the major factor in my skyrocketing blood pressure in 99% of games played.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5377 on: May 27, 2015, 11:43:51 PM

Half the players on each team in the newbie games are gold spammers awesome, for real
WayAbvPar

Reply #5378 on: May 28, 2015, 10:24:31 AM

Yep. I started a new account (with a referral from my original account so I can get a shitty tank eventually) and there are 2 or 3 in every match. If they weren't around I am not sure tier 1 games would ever start  Ohhhhh, I see.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5379 on: June 06, 2015, 03:15:56 PM

Can somebody explain in newbie terms what i should be doing with crew members for the early tiers? All this training, transferring, retraining, not transferring, picking skills (but only the best ones first cause of diminishing returns) stuff is confusing. For skills I'm currently just doing Sixth Sense for commanders and Camouflage for everybody else on all my Tier I starter crews.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5380 on: June 06, 2015, 07:10:36 PM

Don't spend gold on crews until at least tier 6.  The performance difference just isn't worth it until then and you aren't in the tank long enough for it to matter.   

If you want to see what skills people are putting on crews for a given tank, check here:

http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?fieldname=creditsn

Search for and click on the tank, then click the Crew tab. 

My rule of thumb is repairs first on meds and heavies, camo first on other types.  Once your commander is up to 100 percent on camo or repairs, retrain him to Sixth Sense (only works once it is at 100 percent since it is a perk) and then start him on the primary skill for his second.

-H.L. Mencken
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5381 on: June 07, 2015, 12:02:26 PM

Cool thanks, that site is very helpful. Do you guys just have one crew per tank type per country? Or do you keep multiple crews of the same tank type so you don't have to swap crew among your favorite tanks of the same type from the same country?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5382 on: June 07, 2015, 01:18:44 PM

I have a separate crew for every tank except premiums as they can run any crew of that tank type.

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5383 on: June 07, 2015, 03:14:10 PM

Cool thanks, that site is very helpful. Do you guys just have one crew per tank type per country? Or do you keep multiple crews of the same tank type so you don't have to swap crew among your favorite tanks of the same type from the same country?

I've kept all may tanks since I started and the crews with them. If you're going to do that too I disagree that gold training skills on low level tanks is a waste of money. It will take 100 billion years to get crews at those tiers up to 100% and the differences in performance seem to be pretty big.

Also keep in mind you can train any type of crew in any type of premium. They'll take a huge hit to their skill while they're in there but if you do it so only one crewman is from the wrong type of vehicle it's not that big a hit to performance overall. Also, if you have a single crewman lower than the rest of the crew in a premium and have the "extra XP goes to training" box checked that one low guy will level a lot faster.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5384 on: June 07, 2015, 03:37:26 PM

I have a separate crew for every tank except premiums as they can run any crew of that tank type.

I have this ^^ + a couple of extra crews in case I decide to re-buy a tank. 

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5385 on: June 07, 2015, 03:47:32 PM

I personally never kept the tanks I just 'finished' unless I really liked the tank, and hence only have one crew 'per type, per nation', if that makes sense. Although I have the Waffentrager auf E100, I love the Rhm.-Borsig so I have a separate crew for that, that I train up with it and the Dicker Max.

For a starting player I think it may be best to transfer the crew upwards to get the best crew trained in one tank class, and then  put in a fresh crew in the lower tier tanks you want to keep.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5386 on: June 15, 2015, 04:14:09 PM

If anyone new is interested in playing this, I have a code from Humble Bundle to get you started.  Or, I guess, if you want to re-roll on another account.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5387 on: June 18, 2015, 10:51:01 AM

Big changes to Tier VIII - X penetration and Medium tanks on Test now:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/armot-change-public-test/

Notes from a stream with Storm of other upcoming stuff:

http://ritastatusreport.blogspot.nl/2015/06/storm-answers-on-stream.html
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5388 on: June 18, 2015, 01:32:13 PM

Wait.. so they're saying you weren't bouncing enough shots in High-Tier games when looking at the numbers compare to low tiers?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #5389 on: June 18, 2015, 01:33:20 PM

Yup.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: