Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 01:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1116710 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5145 on: December 07, 2014, 07:51:46 PM

Man, they get just so...MAD.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5146 on: December 07, 2014, 07:56:24 PM

Unicums are like the Sith of WoT, all their power comes from anger.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5147 on: December 08, 2014, 10:23:08 AM

They are why I am still grinding all the arty lines. Oh how they cry when I pen them for 70+% of their health. It is wonderful.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5148 on: December 08, 2014, 04:27:24 PM

You using the new arty mods?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5149 on: December 08, 2014, 09:40:36 PM

I am finally getting the hang of using Battle Assistant. I might start carrying AP rounds now  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

e- just gave up playing for the night. started 4 for 20, ended 8 for 33 or something. With a ~1500 WN8 for the day. Just the worst fucking trash on my team game after game.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5150 on: December 09, 2014, 02:42:37 PM

I started using the new arty mod yesterday. Its fucking cool. Also, with the Conq GC you get to see up close what a wacky arc that gun has. Nothing is really safe.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #5151 on: December 09, 2014, 02:54:52 PM

Seeing a shell hit home is really cool too. Seeing the RNG screw you and have it fly off to the side sucks though  awesome, for real

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5152 on: December 09, 2014, 04:44:13 PM

I started using the new arty mod yesterday. Its fucking cool. Also, with the Conq GC you get to see up close what a wacky arc that gun has. Nothing is really safe.

What is this arty mod?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5153 on: December 09, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

It is called Battle Assistant. When you are in overhead view in arty, you can press G to see the shot from a different view (between your tank and the target) to give you a much better idea of how the shell will travel and where it will hit on the target. It is nifty.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5154 on: December 10, 2014, 01:15:37 PM

It is called Battle Assistant. When you are in overhead view in arty, you can press G to see the shot from a different view (between your tank and the target) to give you a much better idea of how the shell will travel and where it will hit on the target. It is nifty.

Thanks! It's awesome. It's full of stars... and butthurt players.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5155 on: December 10, 2014, 01:17:42 PM

Win/Win.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5156 on: December 10, 2014, 06:28:43 PM

I was called upon to play my Gun Carriage in CW last night (which basically never happens). I'm not using the mod, but I one-shotted a 50b. That was fun.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:33:00 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5157 on: December 10, 2014, 08:26:57 PM

I can't wait to get mine. I am still stuck with the Crusader  Heartbreak

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5158 on: December 11, 2014, 11:35:59 AM

I was called upon to play my Gun Carriage in CW last night (which basically never happens). I'm not using the mod, but I one-shotted a 50b. That was fun.

I one shotted an E3 with the GC day before yesterday. Team still lost miserably.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5159 on: December 11, 2014, 01:53:51 PM

The only arty I enjoy playing is the British tier 6.  You might be lucky to one shot an Loltraktor with it but its fun and satisfying to take little nibbles out of the big tanks and keeping them perma tracked. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
WayAbvPar

Reply #5160 on: December 11, 2014, 01:54:57 PM

Yeah the perm-tracking thing is the best. Unless you are on the receiving end. I DREAD seeing those in the hands of non-retards on the other team. Death by paper cuts.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5161 on: December 11, 2014, 06:00:45 PM

There's a replay vulnerability.  Be careful which ones one download and watch.
http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/19/replay-vulnerability/
WayAbvPar

Reply #5162 on: December 12, 2014, 10:45:17 AM

With WG's crack team, I am sure that will be patched in time for the tricentennial celebrations in the US.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5163 on: December 12, 2014, 11:40:51 AM

I'm not using the mod, but I one-shotted a 50b. That was fun.

I've been against using any mods in games until recently, but this thing really improves the artillery game. Well, at least it does for people playing artillery. It makes it so much more fun and easy that I'd be worried it was considered a cheat, but WG gave them an award for it. Prior to this it took a fair amount of luck or a lot of skill to hit specific areas on tanks with arty, but with this it's like sniping from safety. It's not quite as big a deal with the Object 212, that thing still either misses completely or wrecks it's target. My British and French artillery are a lot more effective using it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5164 on: December 12, 2014, 06:00:52 PM

Psycho level of missions, bonuses and rare tank packages starting Monday.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/new-year-marathon-wz-111/

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5165 on: December 12, 2014, 06:16:44 PM

Psycho level of missions, bonuses and rare tank packages starting Monday.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/new-year-marathon-wz-111/

Ohhhhh, I see.

Yeah, I can safely say there is no fucking chance I will be doing that. And I might just shoot anyone with a WZ-111 straight away.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5166 on: December 12, 2014, 07:03:13 PM

I'll probably do it. Nothing else to do in the game but do missions really.  With the breaks from work over the next month shouldn't be too much of a problem.

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5167 on: December 12, 2014, 09:46:26 PM

IS the auf D the good one?

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5168 on: December 12, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

The gift tank?  I don't think it has been in the NA game to this point other than in supertest.

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5169 on: December 13, 2014, 05:06:05 AM

IS the auf D the good one?

It's not the one with armor that nothing it can be matched against can penetrate if that's the one you're thinking of. That one is the Ausf J. The code from the retail box will apparently work on the other servers, it just costs $170 to get the box and have it shipped to the States.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5170 on: December 21, 2014, 10:36:37 AM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5171 on: December 21, 2014, 10:35:30 PM

Ohhhhh, I see.

Jesus...no one but you managed to do to at least 500 damage.  I'm guessing the 2 tier 6 heavies that survived stayed in back the whole time and didn't push?
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5172 on: December 21, 2014, 11:32:52 PM

Jesus...no one but you managed to do to at least 500 damage.  I'm guessing the 2 tier 6 heavies that survived stayed in back the whole time and didn't push?

Well, the fact they survived proves that they had the right plan. The rest of you just didn't camp hard enough.

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5173 on: December 22, 2014, 02:30:29 AM

So does this thing have any kind of beneficial sign-on bonus for new players yet?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5174 on: December 22, 2014, 12:45:26 PM

So does this thing have any kind of beneficial sign-on bonus for new players yet?

Not really.  There's ways to get some free stuff as a new player but its all low end stuff.  Like most MMO's (though this is not really an MMO) that have been around for awhile, most of the population is at the higher end of the game.  Link below gets you a few freebies if your interested, NA servers only.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/577/World-of-Tanks-Holiday-Gift-Giveaway.html

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5175 on: December 23, 2014, 03:52:51 PM

Update 9.5 is live now.  More British tanks and TD's along with some new maps and a new German premium tier 8 med, Panther mit 8,8 cm L/71.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/17/update-95/
WayAbvPar

Reply #5176 on: December 26, 2014, 08:54:40 PM

Can't remember if I ever aced this before, but this was quite a game in my Type 59. Was alone in the center of the map after a T 29 gave his life away. Spotted for arty and took snapshots until we cleared it, then swung to the back side of the north push and finished that off. Then over to the cap to hide behind the rock and peekaboo with the last 3 tanks. Thankfully our arty was competent or it would have been a sure loss. 2500+ damage bounced, another 2500+ spotted, 2718 done with 5 kills.

Map: Pearl River

Type 59

4,809   (x2)  115,546 

Battle achievements Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Crew Exp: 7 213 
     Repairs: 6 645 
     Ammunition: 44 136 

Total: 64 765     WN8: 5 778 (100)     

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5177 on: December 27, 2014, 03:38:55 PM

I nice video from Jingles showcasing the new Panther 8.8...and the typical World of Tanks player at about the 26:20 mark. Facepalm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu4M4DJrnTs&feature=player_detailpage#t=1583
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5178 on: December 31, 2014, 03:37:07 AM

Not really.  There's ways to get some free stuff as a new player but its all low end stuff.  Like most MMO's (though this is not really an MMO) that have been around for awhile, most of the population is at the higher end of the game.  Link below gets you a few freebies if your interested, NA servers only.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/577/World-of-Tanks-Holiday-Gift-Giveaway.html

That should work - thanks. How vile is the spam from MMORPG.com?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5179 on: December 31, 2014, 11:44:45 AM

That should work - thanks. How vile is the spam from MMORPG.com?

I don't get anything from them.  There might be an option to disable them sending you "info".
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: