Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:29:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104684 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #5110 on: November 05, 2014, 05:47:23 PM

I am fairly mild mannered- unless I am competing.  Some of the things I have said to my (useless) teammates would make Pol Pot blush. FUCK PUBBIES UNTO DEATH.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5111 on: November 05, 2014, 06:51:06 PM

I am fairly mild mannered- unless I am competing.  Some of the things I have said to my (useless) teammates would make Pol Pot blush. FUCK PUBBIES UNTO DEATH.

You probably had a few words for me after having my IS-7 blow up at the start of the game we were in a few days ago. awesome, for real
WayAbvPar

Reply #5112 on: November 05, 2014, 07:33:03 PM

LOL I didn't personally see it happen so I assumed it was bad luck rather than pure stupidity and incompetence  awesome, for real

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5113 on: November 06, 2014, 06:52:12 AM

I really think you should change your name to: Tomato_whisperer or Dances_with_Pubbies

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5114 on: November 07, 2014, 02:16:53 AM

So, I have enough XP to get either the T-62A or the Obj 140.  Has anyone played them and has an opinion on which one is "better"?  I know that they're both excellent, so its hard to choose.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5115 on: November 07, 2014, 04:47:49 AM

So, I have enough XP to get either the T-62A or the Obj 140.  Has anyone played them and has an opinion on which one is "better"?  I know that they're both excellent, so its hard to choose.
Never finished the tree but clan members say the 140.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5116 on: November 07, 2014, 08:16:34 AM

So, I have enough XP to get either the T-62A or the Obj 140.  Has anyone played them and has an opinion on which one is "better"?  I know that they're both excellent, so its hard to choose.

My opinion: The T62 is better for random pub matches due to the tougher turret.  The 140 is better for clan wars due to the improved depression.  

If you solo, get the 62.  If you like clan wars/tourneys, get the 140.  I have both open but bought the 140 first.  It's a great tank.

Let's see what Aba thinks.  He has FAR more games on his than I do.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:13:22 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5117 on: November 07, 2014, 01:46:53 PM

I like the 140 but the difference is pretty small.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5118 on: November 18, 2014, 09:36:24 PM

Anyone want to start a re-roll that can be my recruit?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5119 on: November 18, 2014, 10:10:52 PM

Anyone want to start a re-roll that can be my recruit?

Considering it.  Do you want it for the tank or the bonus platoon xp?

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5120 on: November 18, 2014, 10:18:25 PM

Tank.  I could reciprocate by having my inactive alt be a recruit and toon up to get the tank (its harder than with a new account since the Tier X avenue is closed, but I could get 1M xp on Servo in toons eventually and get you the tank since I've been meaning to play that one more).   

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5121 on: November 18, 2014, 10:21:23 PM

Tank.  I could reciprocate by having my inactive alt be a recruit and toon up to get the tank (its harder than with a new account since the Tier X avenue is closed, but I could get 1M xp on Servo in toons eventually and get you the tank since I've been meaning to play that one more).  

Would it work with my existing alt or does it have to be a fresh account to count?

Edit: looks like it has to be a new account.  They have a recruit video up.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:25:08 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5122 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11:33 PM

The way I understand it, can be either as long as the existing has been inactive for 60 days.  New account can get a recruiter the tank by either 1M xp in toon or just buying a Tier X.  Reactivated account has to contribute 1M xp to the recruiters pool while tooning to get recruiter the tank.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5123 on: November 18, 2014, 11:23:32 PM

The way I understand it, can be either as long as the existing has been inactive for 60 days.  New account can get a recruiter the tank by either 1M xp in toon or just buying a Tier X.  Reactivated account has to contribute 1M xp to the recruiters pool while tooning to get recruiter the tank.

1M xp.  Say that out loud.  The reactivated account also has to have been dormant for 60 days.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5124 on: November 19, 2014, 07:51:32 PM

That isn't quite as daunting with all the holidays coming up. Should be a shit ton of x3 and x5 weekends between now and the first week of January or so. How long do you have to complete it?

I haven't played for a week, but a reroll might be fun.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5125 on: November 19, 2014, 09:39:07 PM

I don't think there is a deadline.

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5126 on: November 20, 2014, 11:44:37 AM

Pity that I reactivated at the end of last week otherwise I could help you out. TIMING!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5127 on: November 20, 2014, 01:38:10 PM

According to AutismSpeaks, you can double up a new account code (free low tier prem tank + premium time) with a refer a friend.   Can anyone confirm this?

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5128 on: November 20, 2014, 02:21:41 PM

Oh that is a good idea- I should probably dig up a new account code before I start a new account.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5129 on: November 20, 2014, 02:26:10 PM

Oh that is a good idea- I should probably dig up a new account code before I start a new account.

Get the code before you click the referral link.  I'm hoping that works.  I think I may make a reroll as well. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5130 on: November 21, 2014, 11:53:37 PM

Godfuckingdamn pubbies straight to the fiery depths of every Hell. Every fucking match 8 or above, I look up and a 44% shitlord in a tier 10 is right at the top like a bright red blood-covered turd. Can't overcome bad top tier tanks, and there are SO. MANY. TERRIBLE players who have failed to tier 10 and now happily drag every team that contracts them straight into the toilet.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5131 on: November 22, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

I love seeing platoons of them even more.  Can't drag a team down alone?  Recruit a few terrible friends to help!

-  Mark Twain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5132 on: November 22, 2014, 04:06:55 AM

They should have a type of pub match where the best player on each team take turns to pick from the player pool.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5133 on: November 22, 2014, 09:48:49 AM

They should have a type of pub match where the best player on each team take turns to pick from the player pool.

The frickin' matchmaker should do that!  Holy hell, how hard can it be to rank the players and then distribute evenly over two teams?
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5134 on: November 22, 2014, 10:30:32 AM

The frickin' matchmaker should do that!  Holy hell, how hard can it be to rank the players and then distribute evenly over two teams?

I started playing again since I've aced out most of the trees in War Thunder. This time though I decided to put some effort into it and installed XVM for the first time. Seeing all the other player's stats makes me wonder WTF matchmaker is doing even more than before. The good news is I'm not anywhere close to the worst player in any of the matches. Not awesome, but at least I've a four digit efficiency rating. That seems to be a much better measurement than winrate.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #5135 on: November 22, 2014, 12:46:52 PM

Damn straight, I always wondered that.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5136 on: November 22, 2014, 12:55:27 PM

Replay

Another Gore's, another Ace in my 53 55. SO MANY TEARS. Do these idiots know that every time they cry it makes me want to play arty even more?

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5137 on: November 23, 2014, 07:14:44 AM

I always laugh when I see somebody in a pub match whining about arty in all chat.  I see lately that the insult of choice is to call the arty sky cancer, although clicker still comes up from time to time.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5138 on: November 23, 2014, 12:11:54 PM

It was Sky Ebola for a while but that seems to have gone away.

Speaking of which, yay an on track I don't feel compelled to do.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 05:37:27 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5139 on: November 29, 2014, 12:06:45 PM

Ace/Gore's in GW Tiger this time-

G.W. Tiger (P)

9,875   (x5)  63,441 

Battle achievements High Caliber, Gore's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Mission completed! Reward:
Added: Small Repair Kit (x4)

Crew Exp: 9 875 
     Repairs: 10 525 
     Ammunition: 48 000 

Total: 4 916     WN8: 7 995 (100)   

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5140 on: December 05, 2014, 04:53:16 PM

Heh, this weekend is going to be nuts. There were 10 SPs in this match between the two teams:

Victory!
Fjords
T26E4 SuperPershing
Experience received: 5,416 ( x2)     
Battle achievements High Caliber, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
Total:   208 683     WN8: 9 524 (100)

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5141 on: December 05, 2014, 05:54:51 PM

My video card flatlined a couple of hours ago, so I may not be around for the near future.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5142 on: December 05, 2014, 06:32:21 PM

Perfect time to buy a GTX 980.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #5143 on: December 07, 2014, 12:58:25 AM

Perfect time to buy a GTX 980.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Even if I could afford one, I don't think I could squeeze it into my case. Bought a GTX 760 instead. Minor upgrade from my 6970 and I am away from AMD, which makes me happy.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5144 on: December 07, 2014, 04:05:10 PM

Looks like one of my games playing the T49 was recorded by someone in -G-, Junkershiryu.  It shows how fun the derp gun can be...when everything goes right.  Battle starts at about the 1:53:00 mark and ends around 2:01:30.
http://www.twitch.tv/junkershiryu/b/593139237

Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: