Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 01:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1116741 times)
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5075 on: October 16, 2014, 01:23:57 PM

I've always thought of arty to be the least fun part of the game.   I'd have been happier if they would have let light tanks call for fire from off board artillery or something.  Give the ability a cool down and limit the caliber and number of guns/rounds based on the battle tier of the match. 
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5076 on: October 16, 2014, 03:20:33 PM

Ya, I do think the game needs refinement, but I think its the scout mechanic that needs work, both the spoting mechanics in general, not specific to scouts, and also the mechanics of the tank scout. Scouts should provide a much greater view range, and perhaps even be the only spotters who arty can 'see' the targets of. This would make other tanks value both scouts and arty, rather than the current state of affairs, where scouts are essentially little fruit flies being a pest and arty being big wet blankets to people who don't think either one are wrothwhile game mechanics. That, or take both out of the game altogether,  turn it all into a Counter Strike on Treads and be done with the whole mess.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5077 on: October 17, 2014, 11:25:30 AM

I'm hoping THIS will get Furiously to come back to tanks. 

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5078 on: October 17, 2014, 06:43:52 PM

Every 5th or 6th battle it is hanging me up on the battle loading screen and won't let me do anything until that battle is over.  Frustrating as hell and can't figure out the problem.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5079 on: October 17, 2014, 06:51:05 PM

Every 5th or 6th battle it is hanging me up on the battle loading screen and won't let me do anything until that battle is over.  Frustrating as hell and can't figure out the problem.

Had that problem last patch and it was due to XVM.  Have you tried doing a mod wipe and playing vanilla?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5080 on: October 17, 2014, 07:14:38 PM

I've had the problem for quite some time - I just Alt-F4 out and reload Tanks. I can usually get back in within about 30 seconds or so.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5081 on: October 17, 2014, 07:30:59 PM

I've tried quitting and then coming back and it doesn't help. I reinstalled mods and we will see if that helps. If it keeps happening I'll delete res_mods and see what happens.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5082 on: October 18, 2014, 08:50:28 AM

I had that happen to me the other day. Let me know if you figure out a solution, because that is incredibly frustrating.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5083 on: October 18, 2014, 02:43:06 PM

I think it may be a sound mod that is having a conflict.  I was hung up entering a game, jumped out and re-installed all my mods less the sound mods (I'd read that may be a problem) and then logged in. Was still alive (lol) and it loaded me in.  I'll update if that didn't solve it.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #5084 on: October 18, 2014, 05:53:59 PM

Yeah I have read that any match  with a new Fury tank in it causes Gnomefather to shit its pants.  I uninstalled it but haven't had time to test yet.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5085 on: October 18, 2014, 07:29:35 PM

Is there a newb-friendly guide to this game somewhere? Thinking of trying it out. Also, how do invite codes work?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5086 on: October 18, 2014, 07:54:16 PM

HERE ARE A FEW GUIDES posted by a guy that I platoon with once in a while.

You may also want to check youtube for video versions.

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5087 on: October 19, 2014, 06:15:51 PM

... Also, how do invite codes work?

Assuming you have a code.

1. Create your World of Tanks account
2. Click the red "PLAY FOR FREE" button.
3. On the account creation page: enter your email, desired in-game name, and password.
4. Scroll down and click “Have an invite code?” and enter the invite code you received.
5. Click "Play for Free" to submit your account registration.
6. Verify your account registration via email, then install and run the game. You should find the Invite Code bonuses already added to your account.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5088 on: October 21, 2014, 05:25:54 AM

OK, so it's not a referral code from other players kind of thing, then?

Thanks for the links!

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5089 on: October 21, 2014, 07:35:13 AM

No, right now all you can do is use new player and bonus codes that various sites give out or that you can get at WoT events.  They are going to start a referral program that rewards the referring player with bonus xp and maybe a special premium vehicle when the player they refer buys a tier x or hits some xp target, but no ETA.
Strazos

Reply #5090 on: October 26, 2014, 10:45:38 AM

Was accused of being a reroll today. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5091 on: October 26, 2014, 03:18:58 PM

This is a replay of me doing 4k+ damage in a Super Pershing while insulting my team before and during the game.  I was just tired of having to put up with genuinely terrible players all day.  Just glad my play backed up my mouth. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
http://wotreplays.com/site/1275410#self
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5092 on: October 26, 2014, 05:15:18 PM

3.5 k damage in my Ausfl Panzer tier 7 scout. Defeat.
201 damage no spotting one shot by tier 10. Victory x3

On the plus side, the 3.5k game gave me Ace tanker in it, so there's that.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Strazos

Reply #5093 on: October 27, 2014, 12:08:05 AM

This is a replay of me doing 4k+ damage in a Super Pershing while insulting my team before and during the game.  I was just tired of having to put up with genuinely terrible players all day.  Just glad my play backed up my mouth. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Nice game....but there were plenty of times when I wanted to yell at the screen to make you stop and aim for a moment. Like against that Cromwell - can he even pen you through the turret, from the front?

But good job carrying that sack of tomatos.

Fear the Backstab!
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5094 on: October 27, 2014, 09:26:46 AM

Nice game....but there were plenty of times when I wanted to yell at the screen to make you stop and aim for a moment. Like against that Cromwell - can he even pen you through the turret, from the front?

But good job carrying that sack of tomatos.

I had just re-bought the Super Persh after selling it awhile ago when it's armor got nerfed.  I wasn't sure what could pen it and what couldn't.  The only real damage I took was from arty at the end of the game.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5095 on: October 28, 2014, 08:42:46 AM

I had just re-bought the Super Persh after selling it awhile ago when it's armor got nerfed.  I wasn't sure what could pen it and what couldn't.  The only real damage I took was from arty at the end of the game.

Been playing mine quite a bit trying to get the 3rd MoE.  Here's the key to what can pen it and what can't: Good players will pen it reliably.  Bad players won't.  The weak spots are obvious but require a little knowledge of the game.  When playing against bad players, the SP is a beast.  When playing green or better players, the SP is a lesson in frustration.  It's just too slow and tall to be effective.

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5096 on: October 28, 2014, 02:54:22 PM

My favorite thing to do against SPs was lay in wait off to the side of a group of my teammates, knowing the SP would turn and expose that juicy side turret to me.  Hello Cheeks.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos

Reply #5097 on: October 29, 2014, 07:01:34 AM

Head-on, I find the SP to be much more problematic to deal with from a distance when I cannot aim around the space armor, for instance.

Fear the Backstab!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5098 on: October 29, 2014, 08:00:10 AM

Head-on, I find the SP to be much more problematic to deal with from a distance when I cannot aim around the space armor, for instance.

This ^^^

When I play mine, I try to keep two things in mind. 
1) I want to stay at medium range to limit the enemy's ability to pen my hatch or cheeks.
2) I go hull down to cover my weak upper plate. 

If I can do this, the gun is quite good.  While they're expensive, the premium ammo on the SP has better pen than the IS6.  You can maintain close to a 2k damage per game average in this thing if your team can manage to stay alive long enough for you to take that many shots.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5099 on: October 30, 2014, 10:41:53 AM

5195 damage 4 kills in a loss. Only worth 3rd class in the Cent 7/1?  Ohhhhh, I see.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5100 on: October 30, 2014, 11:39:26 AM

5195 damage 4 kills in a loss. Only worth 3rd class in the Cent 7/1?  Ohhhhh, I see.

How much of that did you spot for yourself?  Expect it to take ~1400 unmodified xp for ACE.  I know it's one of the carry tanks of choice on the WOT Forums.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 11:41:13 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5101 on: October 30, 2014, 12:17:46 PM

I had 2111 sniper points, so figure I spotted 3k on my own.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5102 on: October 30, 2014, 12:51:45 PM

I had 2111 sniper points, so figure I spotted 3k on my own.

How much raw xp was the match?

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5103 on: October 30, 2014, 11:59:46 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

For the second time now in the middle of a match my computer has hard-crashed. When I come back all my settings in WoT are gone, including my saved PW, video settings, keyboard maps, reticle. Even my graphics settings. I mean, what the fuck.

-H.L. Mencken
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #5104 on: October 31, 2014, 08:21:48 AM

Time to start making a backup copy.  What's forcing the crash, video?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5105 on: October 31, 2014, 08:23:49 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

For the second time now in the middle of a match my computer has hard-crashed. When I come back all my settings in WoT are gone, including my saved PW, video settings, keyboard maps, reticle. Even my graphics settings. I mean, what the fuck.

Have you tried wiping the game, removing your appdata file, and reinstalling?  That may take care of it.

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5106 on: November 03, 2014, 10:02:20 AM

Also run a check disk on your C drive. Smells like file corruption and the cause of that can be failing blocks. Its probably NOT that, something else, but its easy to check and you don't want to leave a failing disk undiagnosed or it will eat your stuff.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5107 on: November 04, 2014, 06:38:09 AM

Real Tankers of Genius

Two years old but still as good as ever...

-  Mark Twain
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #5108 on: November 05, 2014, 12:46:09 PM

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5109 on: November 05, 2014, 05:09:47 PM

This is a replay of me doing 4k+ damage in a Super Pershing while insulting my team before and during the game.  I was just tired of having to put up with genuinely terrible players all day.  Just glad my play backed up my mouth. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I freely admit to being a dick in this game at times. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  If you've played enough pub games over time, you would be, too. ACK!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:11:42 PM by Ginaz »
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: