Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 11:05:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1117232 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5040 on: October 04, 2014, 02:06:01 PM

A guy on the WoT forums ranked the tier 10 TD's in terms of NFL QB's.  I thought it was worth sharing.

E3: Peyton Manning, dominates the passing game if he has protection in the pocket.
WTE100: Drew Brees, passing yardage farming.
183: Matthew Stafford, throws bombs to Megatron but not much else, still wins most of the time.
Foch 155: Colin Kaepernick, moves fast and hits hard, can be flukey in lucky and unlucky ways.
268: Alex Smith, does his job perfectly but not much more.
E4: Carson Palmer, can make any throw but is not considered elite on any level.
263: Jake Locker, can potentially carry a game in the perfect situation but is not a threat on offense.
JPE: Ryan Fitzpatrick, occasionally has an amazing game but usually can't do much, with or without protection.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5041 on: October 04, 2014, 05:21:38 PM

I have a question, what is the term most commonly used to describe the way aiming works in WoT?

Can someone explain how aiming works and tell me what the players call it?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #5042 on: October 04, 2014, 08:24:49 PM

Not sure exactly what you mean, but you have a reticle that reduces down according to the aim time of your gun.  The circle of the reticle is the theoretical spread probability of where your shot will hit so the tighter the circle the smaller the probabilistic spread.  It's called aiming or zeroing most of the time.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 08:40:37 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5043 on: October 05, 2014, 11:29:50 AM

Yeah so I knew roughly that was how it worked, but what causes it to start converging or tightening the circle? Is it automatic once you cursor over an enemy? Is it affected by your own movement? What happens if you say are aiming at a dudes track and your aim slips and you point at the ground for a second does the circle go away? Get bigger? Not change?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5044 on: October 05, 2014, 11:39:16 AM

Moving the tank or the turret will make the reticle bloom quickly.  It shrinks when you are still and aiming.

You can add equipment to help with this.  A gun laying drive will cause the reticle to shrink faster. A vertical stabilizer will make the reticle smaller at full bloom.

Hope that helps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5045 on: October 05, 2014, 12:10:22 PM

But what determines if you are aiming? Do you have to be over a target? Or is it just sit still and the reticle shrinks? Basically is it a pure cone of fire system where some things make the cone bigger and some make it smaller and all shots are RNG within the cone or is there more going on than that?

-William Gibson
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5046 on: October 05, 2014, 12:15:02 PM

Or is it just sit still and the reticle shrinks?

This.  Sit still and not move your turret and it shrinks.  You don't have to be aiming at anything.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #5047 on: October 05, 2014, 04:01:57 PM

Or train your gunner to 100% and get snap shot, put on a vertical stabilizer, and maybe a gun laying drive, get your driver to train smooth ride and shoot pretty confidently on the move.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5048 on: October 05, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

Or train your gunner to 100% and get snap shot, put on a vertical stabilizer, and maybe a gun laying drive, get your driver to train smooth ride and shoot pretty confidently on the move.

Nah, just fire half-aimed shots and complain about the RNG like the rest of the mouthbreathers.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5049 on: October 06, 2014, 06:30:22 AM

Nah, just fire half-aimed shots and complain about the RNG like the rest of the mouthbreathers.

Let's be fair.  These are the two common scenarios.

Scenario 1: You have a fully aimed reticle that is completely covered by the enemy tank.  You miss.

Scenario 2: You have a completely unaimed reticle the size of your monitor while taking a snapshot at a hull-down enemy 300m away.  You hit. 

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5050 on: October 06, 2014, 09:00:40 AM

I shotgunned a MT25 in my conq the other day from over 200 meters away with a half drawn down reticle.

In other news, over half of my M53/M55 well aimed perfectly stationary tank shots go short or long at the very edge of the reticle.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5051 on: October 06, 2014, 02:42:42 PM

So, the T49 hasn't been the fun mobile I thought it would be.  I'll need to unlock and try the derp gun before deciding to sell it and re-buy the Bulldog, which was loads of fun.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5052 on: October 06, 2014, 03:17:14 PM

I shotgunned a MT25 in my conq the other day from over 200 meters away with a half drawn down reticle.

In other news, over half of my M53/M55 well aimed perfectly stationary tank shots go short or long at the very edge of the reticle.

If the 53/55 isn't completely flat it will miss every goddamned shot you fire. Even flat it will miss sometimes, but it feels like it is more sensitive to its stance in relation to the ground than other arties.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5053 on: October 07, 2014, 10:34:24 AM

I concur and that's butt.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #5054 on: October 07, 2014, 11:07:38 AM

In other news I completed both the KV-220 and Type 62 missions for the month, so I am once again available for platooning if anyone needs their win rate drug (dragged? Digged?  awesome, for real ) into the dirt.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5055 on: October 07, 2014, 11:10:18 AM

In other news I completed both the KV-220 and Type 62 missions for the month, so I am once again available for platooning if anyone needs their win rate drug (dragged? Digged?  awesome, for real ) into the dirt.

I miss your color commentary!  Heart

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #5056 on: October 07, 2014, 04:16:56 PM

By color you must mean blue  awesome, for real

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5057 on: October 08, 2014, 06:48:14 AM

So, I convince a friend to come back and play tanks again. He's a solid player (54% WR) and I figure that we could play tier 5-6 and wreck some people.  We go 7 for 22 (31%) and struggle to win the 7 that we did.  Spent most of the night bottom tier against top tier Havok, Otter, and PBKAC platoons.   I'm not sure he'll be back.  I think he decided Arche Age was a better choice.

-  Mark Twain
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5058 on: October 08, 2014, 09:06:22 AM

Were you east or west coast? I think the demographics of the server has shifted somewhat, and east is a better choice for a while, but then after a certain point at night west may be better for team balance. Or I may be full of shit.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5059 on: October 08, 2014, 09:09:21 AM

Were you east or west coast? I think the demographics of the server has shifted somewhat, and east is a better choice for a while, but then after a certain point at night west may be better for team balance. Or I may be full of shit.

Played east.  He's out east and gets better ping there.  I think we had 8 teams in a row with < 30% chance to win.  It wasn't pretty.  Doing 2k damage in a tier 5 and losing is never fun.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5060 on: October 09, 2014, 09:59:07 PM

Victory!
Tank Rally
M24 Chaffee Sport
Experience received:51,000      505,000 
Battle achievements Racer 2014

Mission completed! Reward:
Premium days added: 1
Slots added: 1

Fun little mission. Got a nice 2nd skill light crew to put in the bulldog I am going to buy on sale tomorrow.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5061 on: October 13, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

Forgot how much I like this tank:

Victory!
Steppes
Leopard 1
Experience received: 2,004   113,163 
Battle achievements 1 Mark of Excellence, Top Gun, High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
WN8: 12 281

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5062 on: October 13, 2014, 08:27:32 PM

That's good news.  I just picked up the Leopard PTA for 30% off.  I'm probably not going to play it until I get enough free xp to upgrade it though.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #5063 on: October 13, 2014, 08:34:48 PM

Wasn't a huge fan of that one. Could never figure it out.

-H.L. Mencken
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5064 on: October 14, 2014, 02:30:44 PM

Its pretty simple. Its the jalopy version of the Leopard 1. Drive it like its virtually falling apart already and make every shot count, cuz the reload is abysmal. Other than that, its a fine tank.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5065 on: October 15, 2014, 02:02:35 AM

New premium US medium releasing today to coincide with the Brad Pitt movie Fury.  The tank is supposed to be modeled after the movie version.  Stats seem to suggest its almost like an upgraded E8.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/fury-event/
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5066 on: October 15, 2014, 06:40:23 AM

New premium US medium releasing today to coincide with the Brad Pitt movie Fury.  The tank is supposed to be modeled after the movie version.  Stats seem to suggest its almost like an upgraded E8.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/22/fury-event/

It's a weaker version of the E8 with high res model.  Worse turret and worse frontal armor.  If my math is correct, you get the tank essentially for free if you buy $100 worth of gold. 

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5067 on: October 15, 2014, 07:37:38 AM

They desperately need to put in an American premium tier 8 tank destroyer. Also, a premium artillery for each nation that has artillery would be nice.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5068 on: October 15, 2014, 08:46:37 AM

If I could make money while causing people to sperg out about arty I don't think I would ever play anything else  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #5069 on: October 15, 2014, 08:59:00 AM

If I could make money while causing people to sperg out about arty I don't think I would ever play anything else  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I really loved my French premium artillery, the one sort of glued onto the top of a B1 chasis. It fired fast and really accurately. But then I also considered the Birch Gun to be the second best British artillery after the FV304. Anyway, the French artillery unfortunately never did enough damage at once to induce much rage.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5070 on: October 15, 2014, 09:31:59 AM

Yeah, that is the key. Either need huge alpha, or sick ROF and accuracy like the 304. I bought the Sexton II (or I, whichever is the premium) when I started the Brit arty line and sold it like a week later. Hot garbage.

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #5071 on: October 15, 2014, 02:08:53 PM

I don't play arty, but I do love watching people lose their shit over being killed by it.  It always surprises me that anyone would feed the ego of another player by crying about being killed by them. 
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #5072 on: October 15, 2014, 02:18:08 PM

I have gotten my sweetie to watch Girls und Panzer. That is all.

WayAbvPar

Reply #5073 on: October 16, 2014, 10:00:52 AM

I don't play arty, but I do love watching people lose their shit over being killed by it.  It always surprises me that anyone would feed the ego of another player by crying about being killed by them. 

Ha exactly. It makes me want to play arty exclusively every time someone cries about it. I almost always give the opposing arty a 'ns' if they get me (which is rare, because I know I am a target and when I am hittable).

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #5074 on: October 16, 2014, 10:38:18 AM

The better I get at this game the more SPG's seem like a silly addition to it.  Nothing like starting a match on Prohorovka and getting removed from battle by some guy with a 40 WN8 because he happened to hit 3 BARS on the slot machine.

Note: Nowhere did I EVER say it was overpowered.  Just silly.  Very, very silly.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:57:37 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: