Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:47:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104745 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4900 on: August 28, 2014, 11:32:27 AM

Those are pretty stiff mission requirements. Should show up in the upcoming missions before the special is over so you can make a choice whether to buy or go for it.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4901 on: August 28, 2014, 11:41:12 AM

Those are pretty stiff mission requirements. Should show up in the upcoming missions before the special is over so you can make a choice whether to buy or go for it.

I think they are very doable for you.  For me, the light mission is a no go.  I'm dreadful at lights.  I'll do the medium mission though.  I figure that the E50, T54, and Obj140 would be good for the medium mission.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4902 on: August 28, 2014, 12:32:42 PM

12k damage in lights will take a minimum of 20 games for all but the very best (and very luckiest). Too many games when I get one shot by something 3 tiers higher because I got tracked unexpectedly, or spotted where I thought I was safe, etc. I can get 2k damage in a WZ-131, or even 3k in a 1390, but not consistently. Add in spotting damage, and add another 10 games, since I can't shoot what I am spotting if I want credit for it.

I would probably do it in a 2801 and derp the shit out of everything I could find, actually  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly? Tazilon will jizz all over himself when he sees this mission.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4903 on: August 28, 2014, 02:28:26 PM

So happy to be done with this crap.

Victory!
Battle: Northwest
Vehicle: IS-6
Experience received: 2,858 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 94,927
Battle achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"
Mission completed! Reward:
Premium days added: 1
Compensation for Dicker Max
gold 3,200
Slots added: 1
Added: Large First Aid Kit (x2), Large Repair Kit (x2)

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4904 on: August 28, 2014, 02:38:40 PM

Ya, be sure to get it today if you can or you will be screwed out of 1000 gold when it goes on sale tomorrow (assuming you already have it and are getting the gold equivalent).

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4905 on: August 28, 2014, 02:41:24 PM

Ya, be sure to get it today if you can or you will be screwed out of 1000 gold when it goes on sale tomorrow (assuming you already have it and are getting the gold equivalent).

That was exactly my drive to finish.  It has been rough this afternoon.  Brutal.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4906 on: August 28, 2014, 03:00:43 PM

So happy to be done with this crap.

Victory!
Battle: Northwest
Vehicle: IS-6
Experience received: 2,858 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 94,927
Battle achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"
Mission completed! Reward:
Premium days added: 1
Compensation for Dicker Max
gold 3,200
Slots added: 1
Added: Large First Aid Kit (x2), Large Repair Kit (x2)

I did the math wrong...checked my progress last night and after I completed the daily I have 5 more to go.  0.0 DPS

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4907 on: August 29, 2014, 06:01:40 AM

This new teamkill mechanic sucks giant-ass balls. It's so easy to grief people by just move back and forth in front of them while they try to shoot.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4908 on: August 29, 2014, 06:37:17 AM

This new teamkill mechanic sucks giant-ass balls. It's so easy to grief people by just move back and forth in front of them while they try to shoot.

You have to hit someone 3 times to get an autoban if you're in combat.  It's a bit stricter in the cap circle.  If someone is in front of me, I've found an easy solution to not letting this happen.  I move.

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #4909 on: August 29, 2014, 07:20:17 AM

You have to hit someone 3 times to get an autoban if you're in combat.  It's a bit stricter in the cap circle.  If someone is in front of me, I've found an easy solution to not letting this happen.  I move.

Yeah, that's what happened pretty much. Some guy in a T30 moved in front of me in my JT. I was guarding a street with my holl covered by rubble. He starts playing peekaboo in front of me and moved the back of his turret into my shot. I told him to stop and get out of my line of fire. When he didn't I shot him a second time. he left for a while , but then came back and parked in front of me so I killed him. I've also been seeing people moving right in front of artillery to get themselves killed on purpose to grief the "sky cancer". Just venting because I should be allowed to TK.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4910 on: August 29, 2014, 07:39:55 AM

Just venting because I should be allowed to TK.

You're a smart guy.  You understand why allowing TK's is a bad idea. 

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4911 on: August 30, 2014, 12:02:05 PM

Looks like the Type 62 will be 30% off tomorrow and camo is 25% off.  I've been debating buying this for a while now.  It looks like a hellcat on steroids.  I wonder how it will do with the light tank changes?

EDIT: Just saw this.  If they do the mission on the NA server, I may just get one for free.

Okay, looked at this a little more closely.  Type 64 is the one on sale, they don't sell the Type 62, its only an event tank.  I really do hope they run that event.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4912 on: August 30, 2014, 12:04:41 PM

Okay, looked at this a little more closely.  Type 64 is the one on sale, they don't sell the Type 62, its only an event tank.  I really do hope they run that event.

I missed that.  Great catch... my bad.

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4913 on: August 30, 2014, 02:35:04 PM

I've won 3 games today... all of them took this kind of effort.

Victory!
Battle: Cliff
Vehicle: Tiger (P)
Experience received: 6,264 (x3 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 52,854
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Never thought I'd say this, but I am starting to hate the x3 and x5 weekends.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4914 on: August 31, 2014, 10:55:45 AM

Missions are out and that one is available. Gives you until Oct. 8 too so you can miss a few days easier than many of the monthly missions.  Doing both at the same time looks to be tough. I'm going to go for the 62 as the 220 reward isn't worth the effort (1500 gold).

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4915 on: August 31, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

Missions are out and that one is available. Gives you until Oct. 8 too so you can miss a few days easier than many of the monthly missions.  Doing both at the same time looks to be tough. I'm going to go for the 62 as the 220 reward isn't worth the effort (1500 gold).

I'm definitely going for the type 62.  My friend has one and loves it.  I just bought a cromwell at 30% off to help with the grind.  I'll play Cromwell, E50, and Obj 140 like crazy this month.

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #4916 on: August 31, 2014, 05:14:14 PM

Missions are out and that one is available. Gives you until Oct. 8 too so you can miss a few days easier than many of the monthly missions.  Doing both at the same time looks to be tough. I'm going to go for the 62 as the 220 reward isn't worth the effort (1500 gold).

I'm definitely going for the type 62.  My friend has one and loves it.  I just bought a cromwell at 30% off to help with the grind.  I'll play Cromwell, E50, and Obj 140 like crazy this month.

I don't know, it's kind of a weird tank. It's fast, has good penetration, and probably has a great camo modifier. But the damage from the gun is insignificant at the tiers MM puts it in. I use it to scout but even with 100% camo crew skills, a net, and staying far enough behind foliage I get spotted more often than anything else I've used to scout except the VK2801. But that's big as a barn and relatively slow. It's worth having just to have, but I don't think it's good enough to be pulled out of the shop and require such a grind to get.

Unless you're getting it to collect tanks it's pretty much identical to the 59-16, just a little bit bigger.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:26:35 PM by angry.bob »

WayAbvPar

Reply #4917 on: September 01, 2014, 01:11:08 PM

Having dicked around with both missions this morning, the toughest component is going to be base XP. That is A LOT of XP each day. The medium 25 kills is tough too. The light mission seems a little easier to me.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4918 on: September 01, 2014, 03:11:12 PM

Ya, base xp took the longest to complete.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4919 on: September 01, 2014, 03:12:55 PM

Ya, base xp took the longest to complete.

Base xp may keep me from doing this.  It's like 30 matches a day. 

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4920 on: September 01, 2014, 04:04:30 PM

This is how my day in lights has been going:

Defeat
Battle: Fiery Salient
Vehicle: Aufklärungspanzer Panther
Experience received: 2,843
Credits received: 53,890
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Defender, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
WN8: 19182

I'm 0-10 in them so far while running WN8s in the 4k-19k range.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4921 on: September 01, 2014, 04:05:58 PM

This is how my day in lights has been going:

Defeat
Battle: Fiery Salient
Vehicle: Aufklärungspanzer Panther
Experience received: 2,843
Credits received: 53,890
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Defender, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
WN8: 19182

I'm 0-10 in them so far while running WN8s in the 4k-19k range.

That's insane.  How you can manage the frustration.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4922 on: September 01, 2014, 04:09:04 PM

Was actually kinda fun while doing it as I am getting better in my lights.  But, get this, we had a 79 percent change to win!  Had 3 solid green T34s that decided to YOLO up the middle of Fiery Salient and got annihilated.  Me and an indien panther spent the rest of the game salvaging it. He should have won it too but he played the last minute really badly against the last guy on the other team: a full health tomato is6.  I also bounced a kill shot against the IS-@ that killed me.  ACK!

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4923 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:03 PM

I had the exact opposite day.  Won 61% with Katiri and Strazos while running a 1750 WN8.  I felt all but useless with my two best games coming in losses.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4924 on: September 01, 2014, 04:29:05 PM

Aaaaaaand, I have a shit game and win. Typical.

-H.L. Mencken
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4925 on: September 01, 2014, 04:47:01 PM

Aaaaaaand, I have a shit game and win. Typical.

Story of my tanking career. Most egregious in recent memory was the game in my SU-52 I got 4 kills and a cap reset on where I lost because the Brits are a cruel bitch w/ reload, only to wind up winning the next game while still trying to lumber into a decent firing position because my team was a coordinated group of fast mo-fos.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4926 on: September 01, 2014, 06:25:14 PM

This light mission is officially ridiculous. Thought I'd try it for a day to see and it is nearly impossible even when playing good lights well.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4927 on: September 01, 2014, 08:51:38 PM

Medium mission took 24 battles with the toughest being the base xp.  
Light mission took 37 battles with the toughest being the spotting damage.

BTW: The 2k xp bonus you get just gets put on the tank you run when you finish the mission so if you want on something specific play that one when you get close.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 09:13:28 PM by Abagadro »

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4928 on: September 02, 2014, 02:24:59 AM

Oh damn I thought it was free XP...thought that was a pretty cool reward.

I completed both dailies to see exactly what the workload would be like. I think I threw one or two heavy or TD matches in, but I finished in 62 matches. No goddamned way I can do that during the work week. I think I had more fun doing the lights, but the medium is easier (since I have a lot more high tier meds, and the base XP is higher at top tiers).

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4929 on: September 02, 2014, 10:31:50 AM

Oh damn I thought it was free XP...thought that was a pretty cool reward.

I completed both dailies to see exactly what the workload would be like. I think I threw one or two heavy or TD matches in, but I finished in 62 matches. No goddamned way I can do that during the work week. I think I had more fun doing the lights, but the medium is easier (since I have a lot more high tier meds, and the base XP is higher at top tiers).

The missions this weekend look pretty great reward-wise. Coated Optics, Rammers...

WayAbvPar

Reply #4930 on: September 02, 2014, 10:38:26 AM

My Bat Chat and 13 90 are getting a workout this month. Very out of practice with them, but starting to knock some of the dust off. Probably good practice for my WZ-131 (which I just realized last night I was running without the top engine despite it being unlocked for ages, because I am a dumbass).

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4931 on: September 02, 2014, 10:42:42 AM

The missions this weekend look pretty great reward-wise. Coated Optics, Rammers...

Seems it would be a lot of stronghold grinding.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4932 on: September 02, 2014, 07:06:38 PM

Seems it would be a lot of stronghold grinding.

No this weekend's missions look like they are damage 75 vehicles in Arty, Spot 25K in a light, 25K damage in a medium, destroy 75 tanks in a heavy and a couple others.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4933 on: September 02, 2014, 08:12:44 PM

No this weekend's missions look like they are damage 75 vehicles in Arty, Spot 25K in a light, 25K damage in a medium, destroy 75 tanks in a heavy and a couple others.

Ah... good.  I'm getting 3k+ damage in my E50 most games and still losing.  At least I'll get a reward for it.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4934 on: September 03, 2014, 03:45:54 PM

Also I caught something from you. I bought the sta today. Won the first match then lost eight in a row...

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: