Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:03:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104700 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4865 on: August 12, 2014, 04:49:51 PM

What's up with the rudeness in game lately?  In the last 3 days I've had 5 or so people send me all kinds of hate because I killed them in a match.  16000 games and maybe 1, now I get 5 in 3 days.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4866 on: August 12, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

You've been leading a charmed WoT life then I think. WoT has always had a terrible player base once you get above tier 3. They higher up the tier, the worse the players get. Maybe it's the grind, or maybe it's how much it costs to get blown up.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4867 on: August 13, 2014, 06:01:44 AM

I think that's one thing we can all agree upon.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4868 on: August 13, 2014, 01:53:12 PM

I relish every message I get after matches. They are invariably from utter cretins, and mocking them in between games until they break off communication give me great joy.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4869 on: August 14, 2014, 12:55:55 PM

Interesting thought for those of you grinding the Dicker max mission that don't already own it.  The Dicker max is 30% off this weekend.  If you buy it now, you will get the full value of gold when you finish the misison in 15 days.  That's like 30% more gold if you were planning to buy gold anyway. 

Just a thought.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4870 on: August 14, 2014, 12:56:46 PM

Not a bad idea. It is actually a pretty decent tank, and will train your WTF crews nicely.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4871 on: August 14, 2014, 10:22:05 PM

So Way... you leave and Engles takes a break.  I queue up one last game and... I have a 5600 damage, 3 kill game in my E50 for a loss.  I should know when to quit.

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4872 on: August 16, 2014, 11:08:13 AM

You guys really weren't kidding about babysitting pubbies.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!~!!  swamp poop

-  Mark Twain
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4873 on: August 17, 2014, 01:13:58 PM

I finally have a tank with a positive win ratio, my trusty t-44 now sits at 53%. I am so proud.
Btw, I am terrible at using the social tools in this game and usually forget to check who is online, if you see me online (F13Helm, for the time being), do not hesitate to invite me to a platoon, gotta bring that winrate down again  awesome, for real

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4874 on: August 17, 2014, 02:20:14 PM

You guys really weren't kidding about babysitting pubbies.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgh!~!!  swamp poop

I'm a pubbie.  cry
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4875 on: August 17, 2014, 03:22:11 PM

I need to learn to keep my mouth shut!  why so serious?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 03:48:03 PM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4876 on: August 17, 2014, 05:26:23 PM

I'm a pubbie.  cry

Posting on F13.net means you're an above average pubbie and therefore not a complete drooling moron.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4877 on: August 17, 2014, 06:59:04 PM

Lulz. We beat -G- again tonight in Absolute skirmish. That's 3 in the last two days. Best part is we were short one guy and went in anyways. 

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4878 on: August 26, 2014, 10:54:09 AM

Two things you guys may appreciate from FTR planned for 9.3.  Stiffer penalties to bots, AFKs, and suiciders will also be coming.

- M6A2E1 “Alien” will be reworked to HD soon and its armor will be fixed. It will also recieve a buff.
- experience for “tanking” (soaking up damage with armor) will come in 9.3, only XP (no extra credits)

LINK
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:56:53 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4879 on: August 26, 2014, 12:59:54 PM

How do you tell the difference between a suicider and someone who just really, really, really sucks.  I've had a number of games in the past where you'd swear I was deliberately getting myself killed.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4880 on: August 26, 2014, 02:20:09 PM

I believe the ones that will be counted as suiciders are the people who drive into lakes or off cliffs  to avoid being killed by the other team.  I'm sure there will be people who get penalized due to bad luck or poor skills but true accidental drowning/cliff diving is pretty rare.  I doubt if I've drowned by accident more than one or two times since they introduced the mechanic and probably have died from falls less than 10 times.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4881 on: August 26, 2014, 02:53:52 PM

- M6A2E1 “Alien” will be reworked to HD soon and its armor will be fixed. It will also recieve a buff.

Huzzah!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4882 on: August 26, 2014, 03:12:46 PM

"Soon" in WG speak means some time in the next two years.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4883 on: August 26, 2014, 03:13:07 PM

Huzzah!

I thought you and Aba might like that one.

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #4884 on: August 26, 2014, 07:00:22 PM

How do you tell the difference between a suicider and someone who just really, really, really sucks.  I've had a number of games in the past where you'd swear I was deliberately getting myself killed.

Many, if not most of my games were me rushing out trying to get a kill before I got killed in case that would be my 2X win for that tank. It was the most time effective way to get the most XP for going up all the trees in all the countries at once.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4885 on: August 26, 2014, 09:06:44 PM

Yeah, that is a really good way to make sure you don't get a 2x.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4886 on: August 26, 2014, 11:46:55 PM

Many, if not most of my games were me rushing out trying to get a kill before I got killed in case that would be my 2X win for that tank. It was the most time effective way to get the most XP for going up all the trees in all the countries at once.

This literally makes absolutely no sense.

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4887 on: August 27, 2014, 12:10:46 AM

How do you tell the difference between a suicider and someone who just really, really, really sucks.  I've had a number of games in the past where you'd swear I was deliberately getting myself killed.

This literally makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, really.  I usually like to rush out of the spawn point as fast as I can but I do so because theres certain spots on the map I like to go and I want to get there before either someone from my team gets there first or I'm spotted by the enemy.  Just rushing out all YOLO is a good way to get very little xp and credits.

But what do I know?  I've only played 16K+ games, all solo pub, with a 53% win rate and a WN8 of over 1700. Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 12:13:43 AM by Ginaz »
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4888 on: August 27, 2014, 02:10:03 AM

I used to make that same mistake. It turns out, staying alive and doing as much damage as you can leads to more wins and better x2's.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #4889 on: August 27, 2014, 06:24:04 AM

Yeah, but I din't have the time or desire to put effort into playing 20 something games with 20 somthing different tanks each day and concentrating enough to be more than decent. Doing some damage and getting a single kill is still better than half a team manages to do. If the team wins afterward great, if then don't I just try it again on the next pass through all the tanks that need research. And since my main concern iwas getting all the lines researched to tier 10, and not giving two shits about stats it's the best way to get the most number of  games in with the most different tanks each day.

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4890 on: August 27, 2014, 07:31:29 AM

The end of game is where all the fun stuff happens, all my favourite tanks excel at the back end of a close match; Bat-chat, T69, 13-90. Nothing like bum-rushing arty hiding in the enemy base in the last minute, sometimes it doesn't end well, but knowing that adds to the thrill.

I used to be able to win the majority of matches from a losing position in the end game, but not so much nowadays as I tend not to know the maps, enemy tanks and I guess from not playing much these days the strategic awareness isn't as good. But that's the time when high skilled players can put their imprint on the match.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4891 on: August 27, 2014, 07:37:20 AM

It's getting harder to win in the late game lately.  So often your team is dead in the first 3 minutes and you're left to deal with 8 tanks rushing you at once.  The quality of the player base seems to be hitting a new low. 

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #4892 on: August 27, 2014, 08:02:27 AM

I've been playing this month because of the road to the T92 and the garage slot and gold since I already have the DM and 15K damage is easy to do. All but one or two games have been total steamrollings one way or another. And one of the close ones was only because after they killed the rest of my team the red team kept driving at my tier 9 artillery in a straight line, one at a time, and with less than 500 hp each.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4893 on: August 27, 2014, 07:15:19 PM

You like apples?

Battle: Severogorsk
Vehicle: IS-6
Experience received: 4,718 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 137,254
Battle achievements: High Caliber, Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4894 on: August 28, 2014, 12:00:16 AM

I can't wait for Nebu to post a screenshot from a game we had tonight... It was amazing....How bad our team was.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4895 on: August 28, 2014, 12:21:11 AM

Screen shot of the match results

I wish Way would have been with us.  The commentary would have been priceless.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:19:57 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4896 on: August 28, 2014, 09:39:00 AM

Haha holy shit. Why block the names though? Shame those fuckheads.

I am glad I missed it. It may have put me off for good.

This game is so fucking filled with bots now it ridiculous. Absolutely choking all the fun out of it one shitbird at a time.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4897 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:46 AM

Looks like the Type 62 will be 30% off tomorrow and camo is 25% off.  I've been debating buying this for a while now.  It looks like a hellcat on steroids.  I wonder how it will do with the light tank changes?

EDIT: Just saw this.  If they do the mission on the NA server, I may just get one for free.

Russian server published the event for September. The tanks, that will be obtainable for missions on RU server in September will be KV-220 and Type 62. It’s possible (likely even) that EU and US will have the same missions.

In order to get them:

Daily mission “Medium Tanks”

- cause 20000 damage, destroy 25 enemy tanks and make 13500 (base) XP, once per day, in a tier 6-10 medium tank (including premium vehicles). Can be fulfilled only once per day, from 1.9. to the end of the month.

Fulfill the abovementioned mission 5x, you will get 1 day of premium account (can be fulfilled 6x for 6 days of premium)
Fulfill the abovementioned mission 25x, you will get Type 62

Daily mission “Light Tanks”

- make assisted 12000 damage (scouting), make 12000 damage, destroy 5 enemy tanks and make 12500 (base) XP, once per day, in a tier 5-8 light tank (including premium vehicles). Can be fulfilled only once per day, from 1.9. to the end of the month.

Fulfill the abovementioned mission 5x, you will get 1 day of premium account (can be fulfilled 3x for 3 days of premium)
Fulfill the abovementioned mission 25x, you will get KV220
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:54:07 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4898 on: August 28, 2014, 11:08:41 AM

12k scouting + 12k damage, or a combo? If it is both, that is fucking impossible. Or at least way out of my league.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4899 on: August 28, 2014, 11:17:59 AM

12k scouting + 12k damage, or a combo? If it is both, that is fucking impossible. Or at least way out of my league.

Both, every day, in a light for 25 days.  I think a 13 90 or 132 could do it.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: