Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:09:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104674 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4725 on: May 15, 2014, 10:26:55 AM

They'd probably still miss.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
WayAbvPar

Reply #4726 on: May 15, 2014, 10:34:35 AM

And hit me.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4727 on: May 15, 2014, 02:08:08 PM

Seems to be the only way to drag a team to a win is to kill everyone yourself.

Victory!
Battle: Swamp
Vehicle: STA-1
Experience received: 3,834 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 71,236
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Reaper, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
WN8: 3733 (100)

Did almost 4k damage.  Next closest on my team was 980.  This was a tier 8 match.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4728 on: May 15, 2014, 06:57:55 PM

Reminds me of the game i did 6000 damage.

Hic sunt dracones.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4729 on: May 16, 2014, 08:34:00 AM

x2 experience weekend... Then they drop this... "The XP earned from this mission does not count towards the Operation T34 event." So guess it will take a few more days.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4730 on: May 16, 2014, 12:08:47 PM

It also doesn't start until tomorrow despite me thinking otherwise upon first reading.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4731 on: May 26, 2014, 10:07:26 PM

This game can be frustrating as hell but can also generate some great moments. Was soloing in my Chi-Ri and the next highest WN8 on my team was 800 and went down from there.  Was on abbey and I ended up soloing the 2 line against 3 heavies, cross sniped two guys in the abbey, then went across cap to kill the last guy on the 9 line. The best was being called a noob by a total potato because I wasn't capping.  7300 WN8 game.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4732 on: May 26, 2014, 11:51:55 PM

I'm finding that the better I get at this game, the more it feels like work.  You do everything you can to win a match and the rest of your team does whatever it can to throw the game.  I've all but lost the will to solo any more.  It really takes 2-3 people to even stand a chance of winning in a good majority of games. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4733 on: May 26, 2014, 11:53:48 PM

I alternate between burning rage and a level of zen acceptance. The player base has deteriorated so badly in the last 3 months that it is almost pointless to be upset about bad teams at this point.

-H.L. Mencken
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4734 on: May 27, 2014, 05:12:55 AM

Do you figure everyone has left for War Thunder?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4735 on: May 27, 2014, 05:57:06 AM

No, because WT isn't a 1:1 analog.  It didn't catch me at all, so I just gave up entirely.

I haven't been playing WOT in the last 3 months but it was dire before that. If it's gotten worse I can't fathom it.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4736 on: May 27, 2014, 06:33:49 AM

I've played the tanks in WT enough to know to get anywhere you are going to have to drop money into the game.  But the product is not polished enough for me to do that yet. 

I'm kind of waiting on the sidelines to see how it goes.  I've noticed the WoT specials have gotten a lot more special the last few weeks.  I think they feel the hot breath of competition on the backs of their necks.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4737 on: May 27, 2014, 08:38:48 AM

I had another one of those 'damn, I did that?' games last night. Tooned up with Shade, the leader of J, my current clan, we won 10 out of 11 matches, with the best match for me being in my mutant 6 tier 8 heavy. 6 kills, god knows how much damage, a mess of other medals, including steel wall and a win8 of 12,200. And much like my top game in my 59 that Nebu and Katiri were witness to, I had no idea I was doing that well.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #4738 on: May 27, 2014, 08:53:47 AM

I took almost a week off, then jumped on Friday night to take advantage of the Memorial Day weekend specials.

I lasted 2 games. Won them both, but I am just completely burned out right now.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4739 on: May 27, 2014, 09:26:58 AM

I'm going to play a good bit this week and then take a break to play Wildstar with some friends.  I'm sure I won't last long there... I'm more burned out on MMOs than I am on WoT.

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4740 on: May 27, 2014, 03:57:01 PM

Been amazingly streaky for a bit - I went 1-6, then had Engels jump in and we won 7 straight, including a pretty epic 8-kill mop-up with my IS.

People playing poorly, and not understanding it...can be frustrating.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4741 on: May 29, 2014, 09:01:16 AM

Last night Shade said the following in clan TS, "Our stats would be a lot better if Aba hadn't left."

WayAbvPar

Reply #4742 on: May 29, 2014, 09:13:07 AM

Indirectly his fault, so he can live with it. He is too nice/tolerant for his own good (and the good of the clan).

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4743 on: May 29, 2014, 12:07:14 PM

I'm enjoying hanging out on the Satellite of Love.  We should congratulate Nebu on being made a deputy commander.  I'm just a scrub recruit.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4744 on: May 29, 2014, 12:56:15 PM

We should congratulate Nebu on being made a deputy commander.  I'm just a scrub recruit.

ACK.  I joined to avoid responsibility.   ACK!

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4745 on: May 29, 2014, 01:01:52 PM

I think you are only responsible for bringing in bagels on Friday and changing Crow's litter box.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4746 on: May 29, 2014, 01:05:51 PM

I think you are only responsible for bringing in bagels on Friday and changing Crow's litter box.

That I can do.  No schmear though.  I don't do schmear.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4747 on: May 29, 2014, 08:14:42 PM

If you are a looking to buy a tank and have a few hundy grand (or more) laying around, an amazing collection is going up for auction this July and includes several that are in the game:

http://auctionsamerica.com/catalog/2014/LC14/

-H.L. Mencken
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4748 on: May 30, 2014, 05:17:37 AM

Holy crap! They have one of almost everything.  The M50 and M4A3 really appeal to me.  But I don't think the wife would appreciate my selling of our retirement funds to get one.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4749 on: June 01, 2014, 02:01:48 AM

The license fees for driving through houses (only to be stopped dead by one invunrible wooden pole) would be kinda harsh as well.

Hic sunt dracones.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4750 on: June 01, 2014, 07:43:14 AM

Of course maybe I could have a "tank" retirement.

"I'll be taking those groceries for free."
"What!?  How do you figure that??"
"Well, I own a tank, and it would be a real shame if something happened to your nice grocery store."
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 04:04:25 PM by Brolan »
WayAbvPar

Reply #4751 on: June 02, 2014, 09:54:08 AM

If you are a looking to buy a tank and have a few hundy grand (or more) laying around, an amazing collection is going up for auction this July and includes several that are in the game:

http://auctionsamerica.com/catalog/2014/LC14/

Finally took the time to browse through this. Made me want to my my M53 55 some more  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4752 on: June 02, 2014, 10:20:44 AM

I was lucky enough to get a couple all access tours to that collection thanks to some friends who volunteered there.  The last time I visited while Mr. Littlefield was still alive we talked a little bit about how he was transferring ownership of his collection to a non-profit foundation.  It had to be done in stages to avoid incurring tax penalties but when it was completed the foundation would own the collection so it would be able to continue.  Unfortunately he passed away before the transfer was complete.  The foundation tried to continue but couldn't make a go of it in the shape it was in and as a result the collection is being broken up.  I managed to attend  a couple of years ago for WoT's Operation Think Tank http://youtu.be/_oLY4FOrnjc  which was a pretty cool event.  Meeting the top armor historians in the world made the trip worthwhile but getting one last look at the collection was a nice bonus. 
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4753 on: June 02, 2014, 03:46:13 PM

Trip report: The FV304 is everything it's hyped up to be.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4754 on: June 06, 2014, 11:34:40 PM

Picked up the Tiger I because of the discount and bonuses this weekend. They've really buffed it up to a solid performer.  Had a lovely 7 kill game on himelsdorf where I missed a kalobonov by one tank as I cleaned up the game as a 1v4.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4755 on: June 07, 2014, 12:56:59 AM

Picked up the Tiger I because of the discount and bonuses this weekend. They've really buffed it up to a solid performer.  Had a lovely 7 kill game on himelsdorf where I missed a kalobonov by one tank as I cleaned up the game as a 1v4.

I thought you'd do well in that tank.  It's great as a bully when top tier and is a competent sniper against 8's.  I'm playing with the Tiger P now and it's got less DPM but better armor.

-  Mark Twain
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4756 on: June 07, 2014, 11:42:50 AM

I'm playing with the Tiger P now and it's got less DPM but better armor.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4757 on: June 09, 2014, 02:21:15 AM

I'm playing with the Tiger P now and it's got less DPM but better armor.

If the Tiger P is the top tank and the other team has no tier 7 heavies...oh boy, sucks to be the team without it. awesome, for real
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4758 on: June 09, 2014, 10:06:18 AM

Tried playing again this weekend and decided that I'm done.  Between my team wrecking my tracks and going "hur hur premium fucker" on my pak40, and then getting fucked from behind because my team couldn't kill a 1% T34 on my ISU I don't have the patience anymore.  Plus I fucked up my ratings trying Arty and my T-34 again, which is totally not worth it with the asshats in PUGs these days.  /sigh.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4759 on: June 10, 2014, 04:10:05 PM

This was a fun one:

I'm digging playing these is7- line tanks. Had several ace tanker games already.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: