Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104713 times)
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4690 on: May 12, 2014, 08:57:47 AM

Teaming with Aba a lot lately has taught me one very important thing. When the chips are down and the enemy team is ahead by 6 tanks. Don't just YOLO into their guns, find a good spot to hunker down and make them shoot your tracks. Then kill them all...Then you get a 5 kill game like this.

Vehicle: T34
Exp: 4,598 (x2 for the first victory each day)  Credits: 235,626
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4691 on: May 12, 2014, 09:11:49 AM

I'll second this.  I've learned more by playing with Aba than I have in any other way.  Aba's help changed me from a 45.6% player to having a 60% win rate over my past 60 days.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4692 on: May 12, 2014, 09:39:00 AM

http://www.wotreplays.com/site/854982# For anyone that wants to watch.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4693 on: May 12, 2014, 09:50:05 AM

Teaming with Aba has taught me that I should take up scotch again, probably.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #4694 on: May 12, 2014, 10:27:16 AM

Teaming with Aba has taught me that I should take up scotch again, probably.

This  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I also like playing with Aba since he is nearly as profane as I am when he gets frustrated. A kindred spirit.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4695 on: May 12, 2014, 01:17:28 PM

I played a game or two on the Xbox other day for a giggle, the hilarity drained away pretty quickly.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4696 on: May 12, 2014, 01:49:59 PM

668 games since 12/4.  We going to quibble about what "since december" or a "few months" is now?

No need to quibble. Since you're a freaky fucking stalker you can probably just check your spreadsheet of the number of games I've played each day and look for where the drop off from whatever I was playing to 0-2 games a day. I thought it was probably in December, but whatever. If you've got suck a hard on for pinning me down to one or the other go with "a few months". That's three or more, so again no need to quibble.

I haven't backpedaled one bit.  Win rate is a function of skill. Period.  You've built up some stupid ass strawman that I have claimed that win rate is the only stat that matters or that it is sacrosanct and can't be buffed, something I have never said.

Well now you're just bullshitting. If you actually believe that you need to go back and reread what you wrote. That third sentence there is a pretty doozy of a strawman itself. It's awesome though that rather than admit what you said you went with the online equivalent of punching someone.

Why do you think you will lose?  

Because I don't give two shits. It's a game I never wanted to do much more than have cool tank models to look at and change around. If I could I'd just throw money at the game and have all the models without ever actually playing it. It's got a worst community than UO did and that's saying something. Go back and search the thread, the thing about the models is probably the first thing I wrote. For advancing to tier 10 in all the lines at once it's been more efficient to rush out try to get a kill or two, get killed in the first five minutes, go back to garage and try to 2X the next tank line. Rinse and repeat until they're all 2Xed. Man, fuck your hide in a corner and sell your life dearly shit, I got 16 more tanks to try and 2X, papers to write, and 2 kids to take care of. If you want to spend your free time trying to be the master of a videogame with a three year half life that's got about seven months of that left, go ahead. But just because I don't feel like doing the same doesn't mean I'm wrong. Especially when, as was stated previously in this thread, the most "skilled" players wait in cover until the potatoes to do enough damage before dying that they can can come out and taxi to victory.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:52:21 PM by angry.bob »

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4697 on: May 12, 2014, 03:02:08 PM

Removed: Yelling at clouds.   Ohhhhh, I see.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 03:49:27 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4698 on: May 12, 2014, 04:42:44 PM

If you ever feel discouraged with tankery, take heart that at least you're not this bloke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0hxJSzmoE

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4699 on: May 12, 2014, 05:23:24 PM

I'll second this.  I've learned more by playing with Aba than I have in any other way.  Aba's help changed me from a 45.6% player to having a 60% win rate over my past 60 days.

You guys are going to give me a big head.  I just taxi to victory though so I guess I shouldn't think TOO highly of myself. 

BTW, if he still played Amarr/Blindside would teach us all some stuff based upon the few games I managed to toon with him.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4700 on: May 13, 2014, 01:06:02 PM

If you ever feel discouraged with tankery, take heart that at least you're not this bloke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D0hxJSzmoE

Wow! My blood pressure raised slightly just looking at that.

Thanks Aba, but I'd say these days if I started up again it would be me learning off you guys.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4701 on: May 13, 2014, 03:05:44 PM

And this is why I can't wait to get back to my garage as soon as I am dead. Pubbies hate to win. Good fucking GOD.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4702 on: May 13, 2014, 03:26:23 PM

Thanks Aba, but I'd say these days if I started up again it would be me learning off you guys.

Ya, you have to come play with us sometimes. If only so that I can say that for at least 15 minutes, I was better than Blindside  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4703 on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:40 AM

So I tried solo-pubbing this morning. I decided to see if their after 3 losses in a tank you will get top tier system was true. And it worked.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4704 on: May 14, 2014, 09:40:20 AM

My choices recently seem to be-

Great team, bottom tier (have to fight to get any XP before my team rolls- I get a lot of bottom 5 doubles this way)
or
Top tier with a team full of cretins. If I am in a tank capable of carrying a game, I can sometimes pull these out, but mostly it just tears another piece of my soul away.

Seriously, there doesn't seem to even be middle tiers any more. Or average teams.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4705 on: May 14, 2014, 10:53:43 AM

Interesting changes to Komarin planned for 9.1

This may make the map playable again... yay?

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4706 on: May 14, 2014, 10:58:45 AM

Maps, oh let me rant about maps. Like Ruinberg. I think I have played 50 matches on Ruinberg since the weekend. They really need to set aside a tiny bit of the moneyhats they are rolling in to upgrade their map server so we can have access to the full set at all times. This pick 6-8 for the day and repeat is bullshit.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4707 on: May 14, 2014, 12:08:39 PM

Interesting changes to Komarin planned for 9.1

This may make the map playable again... yay?
Looks like a lot of hill changes and a lot fewer "I can sit in this corner and hit 90% of the map" sniping spots.  Didn't watch to see what changes were made to the island.

First time back in months today and I get this:

Victory!
Battle: Steppes
Vehicle: AT 15A
Experience received: 2,474 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 82,014
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Very happy because my first thought was "Oh fuck, steppes in this thing."

Replay Here
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 12:58:29 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4708 on: May 14, 2014, 12:59:12 PM

Great.  More elimination of strategic positioning and sniping.  They are really trying to drive me out of this game which may be for the best.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4709 on: May 14, 2014, 01:10:06 PM

Quote from: Merusk
Very happy because my first thought was "Oh fuck, steppes in this thing."

Yeah, that is not exactly the best map for that tank. Really need to enemy to come to you. Which apparently they did!

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4710 on: May 14, 2014, 01:46:26 PM

The REAL kick in the pants is first I DC'd then I came back to find the west flank was already being overrun.  I got a big spike in latency because things got really sluggish as I tried to pop a hellcat from behind and overshot him.  I was convinced we were going down.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4711 on: May 14, 2014, 02:31:38 PM

Sometimes their pubbies hate to win even more than yours.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4712 on: May 14, 2014, 02:33:59 PM

Great.  More elimination of strategic positioning and sniping.  They are really trying to drive me out of this game which may be for the best.

I think it's their way of dealing with the abundance of tds.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4713 on: May 14, 2014, 04:55:47 PM

They are really trying to drive me out of this game which may be for the best.

Just in time.  It looks like Warthunder Ground Forces is entering beta tomorrow.   why so serious?

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4714 on: May 14, 2014, 04:59:28 PM

I think it's their way of dealing with the abundance of tds.

Then just nerf the fuckers instead of destroying perfectly good maps.

-H.L. Mencken
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4715 on: May 15, 2014, 04:12:10 AM

Just in time.  It looks like Warthunder Ground Forces is entering beta tomorrow.   why so serious?

I've been in the closed beta for this for a couple months, it has it's own share of issues.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4716 on: May 15, 2014, 05:12:06 AM

I've been in the closed beta for this for a couple months, it has it's own share of issues.
I'm just so bored with WoT now,  I want something different.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4717 on: May 15, 2014, 08:46:14 AM

Ground Forces is sexy as fuck. What are your issues with it?

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4718 on: May 15, 2014, 09:22:56 AM

Looks in at this thread after a few months and just laughs.

Hic sunt dracones.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4719 on: May 15, 2014, 09:27:10 AM

Quiet, you irish potato.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4720 on: May 15, 2014, 09:39:55 AM

Looks in at this thread after a few months and just laughs.

You miss it.  You know that you do!

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4721 on: May 15, 2014, 09:45:50 AM

DAAAAAMNNNN YOUUUUUUUU!!  Heartbreak

Hic sunt dracones.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4722 on: May 15, 2014, 09:55:30 AM

Ground Forces is sexy as fuck. What are your issues with it?

Mostly little things, the most annoying to me is the whole spend 5 minutes sneaking and peeking across the map and die with one shot from a tank you never saw thing.  It also bugs me that I have to shift for the driver, I'm the Tank Commander I should just be able to tell the driver where to go and let him do the work.  Of course the biggest issue over all is that you still get thrown into matches populated by random folks, most of whom  will perform only marginally better than a pigeon pecking at random keys.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4723 on: May 15, 2014, 10:00:05 AM

Of course the biggest issue over all is that you still get thrown into matches populated by random folks, most of whom  will perform only marginally better than a pigeon pecking at random keys.

Sounds exactly like WoT. 

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4724 on: May 15, 2014, 10:21:04 AM

I found a tank that WayAbvPar endorses as the tank of choice for the average pubbie.  They might want to add this to Ground Forces as well.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: