Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104651 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4620 on: April 18, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

I tried to play a few games this weekend but after about 5 or so I gave up because of the stupidity of the other players.  Seriously, its the hordes of mouth breathing retards that infest this game that is the main reason I don't play that much anymore.  Bad players are the #1 problem with this game right now.  I refuse to play a game that just makes me frustrated and hate other people.

As a very occasional player, any tutorial pages or videos you'd particular recommend to avoid being that complete moron?

Particularly where to go for what on the maps? I felt like I had a vague concept of that in beta and early release, but the maps have changed or at least they look different :)

My comment wasn't directed at new or casual players that haven't made it much past tier 5 as I generally don't stress about how people play at tier 5 and under.  It was more directed at people playing tier 8 and above tanks with 10k+ games played.  Those people SHOULD know by now how to play at least in some sort of mediocre fashion but sadly it seems 90% of the player base have gone full retard. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #4621 on: April 18, 2014, 12:17:11 PM

Less experienced players who give terrible advice/requests and those who argue when decent/good players suggest things are the one who need to die in a fire. Hey guy with 500 games played, I have played THIS MAP more than your entire experience with WoT. Perhaps I might actually know what I am talking about.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
WayAbvPar

Reply #4622 on: April 18, 2014, 07:10:21 PM

2nd game, CTD. Log back in to battle, CTD. Great work, WG.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4623 on: April 19, 2014, 01:08:35 PM

The only issue I am having is graphical performance.

Other than that...was still able to do this...

http://wotreplays.com/site/788899#mountain_pass-strazos-pz_kpfw_iv_ausf_h

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4624 on: April 19, 2014, 05:14:36 PM

I think I have made a major research breakthrough:

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4625 on: April 20, 2014, 12:22:03 PM

This is how you lose in style.

Defeat
Battle: Hidden Village
Vehicle: 110
Experience received: 2,795
Credits received: 110,002
Battle achievements: Top Gun, Steel Wall, High Caliber, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"
WN8: 11187 (100)

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4626 on: April 20, 2014, 01:27:44 PM

That's crazy.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4627 on: April 20, 2014, 05:54:11 PM

How the heck was that a loss?

No replay?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #4628 on: April 21, 2014, 09:32:02 AM

How the heck was that a loss?

No replay?

Pubbies hate to win.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4629 on: April 21, 2014, 09:34:29 AM

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4630 on: April 21, 2014, 12:27:11 PM

As if World of Tanks wasn't already haven to the shittiest dregs of pointless elitism Wargaming is adding a player comparison tool to almost instantly compare your stats to anyone you choose and the reverse as well. I can't wait to see how long it takes to get things moving while everyone compares themselves to the other 29 people in a match before they decide they don't want to look bad so they're going to go get a sandwqich instead of play.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4631 on: April 21, 2014, 12:49:56 PM

Eh.  Those tools were already available and pretty much anyone who cares runs xvm anyways, so I doubt it will do anything.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4632 on: April 21, 2014, 01:09:06 PM

Eh.  Those tools were already available and pretty much anyone who cares runs xvm anyways, so I doubt it will do anything.

This.  

If I wanted to be optimistic, I'd hope that the tool would give a few potatoes players the drive to improve.  
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 01:13:29 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4633 on: April 21, 2014, 02:02:33 PM

Sorry for the rage-quit last night. That guy gets on my last nerve.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4634 on: April 21, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

No apology necessary.  I thought you played a great game.  We were having a great run yesterday.  Nice change from Friday.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4635 on: April 21, 2014, 03:57:43 PM

Sorry for the rage-quit last night. That guy gets on my last nerve.

What? I wasn't even playing with you last night  shocked

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4636 on: April 21, 2014, 04:51:02 PM

Nothing better than a pedantic post-mortem criticism of your play (immediately after you are blown up as the last tank alive trying to take on 3 people) by a clan "officer" who: 1) isn't even as good as you; and 2) got blown up earlier doing something incredibly stupid (with nary a comment about that by me).

I'm just not going to platoon with that guy.

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4637 on: April 23, 2014, 05:03:51 PM

Had a round of hilarity this morning.  A tier 9 wt and I in a roomba were up against 9 tanks. We ended winning.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4638 on: April 23, 2014, 05:08:26 PM

There should be a two-person version of the Kolobanov's for something like that.

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4639 on: April 23, 2014, 10:28:08 PM

Man, not sure I want to be in -J- any more. They are letting in all sorts of riff-raff.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4640 on: April 24, 2014, 09:16:22 AM

Man, not sure I want to be in -J- any more. They are letting in all sorts of riff-raff.

I don't think I'd want to be in any clan that would take me as a member.

-  Mark Twain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4641 on: April 24, 2014, 09:19:01 AM

I don't think I'd want to be in any clan that would take me as a member.

Classic  awesome, for real

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4642 on: April 25, 2014, 09:31:01 AM

I'm happy with my clan, it's across multiple games and is made up of a good number of military and former military folks.  Which you'd think would lead to some kind of heavy handed authoritarian leadership, but doesn't.  Mostly I think because most of us dealt with it when we were in and have no patience for it in a game. 
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4643 on: April 25, 2014, 10:44:01 AM

I have no clan, so I have no clan problems.  The other people in the game, however, are complete muppets.  I know I suck, and somehow they're even worse.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4644 on: April 25, 2014, 11:17:38 AM

There is a daily mission for clan members, so you are missing out on 75k silver a day! Also missing out on the fun of listening to everyone in the clan channel bitch about how bad their teams are  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

WayAbvPar

Reply #4645 on: April 30, 2014, 04:11:57 PM

Well, I guess I have to take a break from my break from tanks for at least a day-

Tankers!

Your outpouring of affection has been felt, and we couldn't be happier; we've broken the 1,000,000 mark for Likes on Facebook! To say thanks for all your appreciation, we're rolling out an entire day of x2 XP for all victories. Don't wait; we'll see you on the battlefield!

Start Date: Thursday, May 1, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT / 11:00 UTC)

End Date: Friday, May 2, 04:00 PDT (07:00 EDT / 11:00 UTC)

I see a lot of bottom 5 finishes for me somehow  awesome, for real

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4646 on: April 30, 2014, 05:35:44 PM

Its like they know when I'm just about burned out on Tonks and then they throw out an unresistable thing like this.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4647 on: April 30, 2014, 07:05:49 PM

Its like they know when I'm just about burned out on Tonks and then they throw out an unresistable thing like this.

They pick the one day I can't play this week.  Figures...

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4648 on: May 01, 2014, 12:25:35 PM

It brought out every bungling, windowlicking shitflinger in existence. Played a few games this morning and I am not sure I can continue. Why do people hate to win so much?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4649 on: May 01, 2014, 12:36:00 PM

It brought out every bungling, windowlicking shitflinger in existence. Played a few games this morning and I am not sure I can continue. Why do people hate to win so much?

They "Play for fun - TM"

"Play for fun" is a trademark of WoT bad players of NA. 

-  Mark Twain
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #4650 on: May 01, 2014, 12:37:35 PM

I actually had a pretty good night last night, winning all of the matches I played instead of the usual win 2, lose 4, win 2, lose 1, win 3 thing.  Though, the highest tanks I have currently are Tier IV, so it could just be that I'm more used to the windowlickers.  Or maybe I am one of the windowlickers.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4651 on: May 01, 2014, 01:17:39 PM

I played a few games this morning and noticed that my premium time was gonna run out in an hour so I added a day since things had been going well.  Naturally I lost the rest of the  matches I was in by ridiculous scores like 15-3 where I had 2 of the three kills or even worse where one of my 'teammates' ended up with 3 friendly kills.  Total waste of 250 gold.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4652 on: May 01, 2014, 04:07:30 PM

I got deep, depp into raging at shitlords last night because I...couldn't....win...that...last...battle I needed for a mission.  I wasn't even drunk. Sorry to all who had to witness it.

-H.L. Mencken
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4653 on: May 02, 2014, 09:35:07 AM

Wow... You were serious.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4654 on: May 02, 2014, 09:37:53 AM

Wow... You were serious.

Turns out he was right too.  That nighthocking guy is seriously getting on my last nerve.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: