Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:18:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104681 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4480 on: March 05, 2014, 06:07:47 PM

I think it's the T-25 and not an E-25.

http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/22/completely-E-50/

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 06:18:55 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4481 on: March 05, 2014, 07:04:58 PM

Woops. Ya. My bad.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4482 on: March 05, 2014, 07:21:55 PM

Only mentioned it because were it the E25, I'd be all over it!  Grinding the panther II during the event myself.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4483 on: March 05, 2014, 09:51:39 PM

I just re-bought the T-54 today.  This was my first game in it in months. awesome, for real

http://wotreplays.com/site/652645#live_oaks-jinaz-t-54

Why would you sell it?

I'm starting to wonder why, myself.  Another good game with it.

http://wotreplays.com/site/662280#mountain_pass-jinaz-t-54
WayAbvPar

Reply #4484 on: March 06, 2014, 08:46:43 AM

Only mentioned it because were it the E25, I'd be all over it!  Grinding the panther II during the event myself.

T-25s are bothersome at Tier V. Had a pair of them raising hell with our Halloween colored team last night. Luckily Furiously put on his Superman cape and won the game for us anyway.

Last night was unbelievable. If my platoon didn't absolutely CARRY a game, we didn't win. Ever. I mean EVER. Usually you can have an off game and occasionally your team will stop licking windows long enough to click on a few red tanks and win the game. But not last night. Luckily Nebu and Furiously were getting shit done most of the time  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4485 on: March 08, 2014, 03:04:58 PM

This was a fun one

Victory!
Airfield 3/8/2014 3:54:00 PM
E 50 Ausf. M
1,860   189,922   
Top Gun, Confederate, Spartan, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4486 on: March 08, 2014, 06:37:14 PM

Very nice.  Is that tank worth getting?  Sela always says that i plays like a heavy without any of the benefits of being a heavy.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4487 on: March 08, 2014, 07:02:19 PM

I'm liking it quite a bit. Good gun.  BTW if you are using Sela's mod pack I would suggest taking it off. He was permabanned for it yesterday.

-H.L. Mencken
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4488 on: March 09, 2014, 10:07:08 AM

What I earth does his mod pack do that warrants that?  Now I need to go look it up

ed: Found it.  Reminds me why I've always had a bias against mods and always feel you shouldn't allow them at all in PVP games.

His mod pack was including banned features like:
* Showing tank death locations on the minimap
* showing reload times for all tanks based on last firing information
* all falling tree locations on the mini map

ed2: Also, WG has rolled back on the perma-ban (at least on Reddit) calling it a 'misunderstanding' and the permaban was 'accidental' so it's only a 7 day ban now.
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/338041-all-this-talk-about-mods-and-bans-and-not-a-peep-from-wgna/page__pid__6744656#entry6744656
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:33:18 AM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Pendan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4489 on: March 10, 2014, 08:56:09 AM

So they appear to be saying: We don't have an official list yet of banned mods. We are working on it. In the mean time if you stream using a mod that might end up on the list we will give you a perma-ban and correct it to a 7 day ban after you complain.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4490 on: March 10, 2014, 09:04:03 AM

Are WG the new CCP? I guess using a mod to show fallen trees is pretty obviously an exploit.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4491 on: March 10, 2014, 09:10:00 AM

They are planning to publish a list of proscribed mods as soon as they can figure out which ones they don't like. Tune in next year.

In other news, I jumped on this morning to grind out the last 6k XP to the 704 and went goddamned bananas in my ISU 152.

Replay

5 kills, 4800+ damage, Ace Tanker (of course it is Monday, so Ace is easier to get).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4492 on: March 10, 2014, 09:23:36 AM

Hard to ban/allow mods that haven't been thought up yet.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4493 on: March 10, 2014, 09:26:42 AM

They are planning to publish a list of proscribed mods as soon as they can figure out which ones they don't like. Tune in next year.

In other news, I jumped on this morning to grind out the last 6k XP to the 704 and went goddamned bananas in my ISU 152.

Replay

5 kills, 4800+ damage, Ace Tanker (of course it is Monday, so Ace is easier to get).

Oh sure... save it for today!

Nice game, by the way.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4494 on: March 10, 2014, 09:32:55 AM

Replay

Oh sure... save it for today!

Nice game, by the way.

Heh. No kidding! I was SO bad last night  Ohhhhh, I see.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4495 on: March 10, 2014, 10:01:39 AM

Heh. No kidding! I was SO bad last night  Ohhhhh, I see.

It was just an odd evening... with its share of frustration.  I think I was definitely the worst of the 3 of us.  My play was very inconsistent.

-  Mark Twain
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4496 on: March 10, 2014, 02:37:03 PM

I finally got carried in my T54 today after six losses. It is so annoying to put out 3-4k damage and still lose. What is happening to the players....

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4497 on: March 10, 2014, 04:11:18 PM

Good but not great ones are fucking off to xbox where it's easier? (everyone gets 6th sense for starters...) Forced win rates make the game shittier for good players?  Even crappy players have finally ground their way up to T8/9? Clanners aren't doing public matches anymore?  The new content hasn't proved sticky with old players so they don't do public matches?  Great players already have all the tanks, why do pubs and raise your blood pressure.

I dunno, all of that, I suppose.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4498 on: March 10, 2014, 08:58:40 PM

Victory!
Battle: Airfield 3/10/2014 9:38:50 PM
Vehicle: KV-220
Experience received: 4,092 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 160,748
Battle achievements: Steel Wall, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

The Steel Wall part was where I received potential damage of 5140. awesome, for real

Surprisingly, I did pretty decent damage, too, considering the gun is pretty shit.  1385 damage with 1220 damage assist.

http://wotreplays.com/site/676647#airfield-jinaz-kv-220
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4499 on: March 11, 2014, 05:22:13 PM

Looks like the next on track vehicles will be the Obj-140, Waffle, and Bat 58 arty.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4500 on: March 11, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Looks like the next on track vehicles will be the Obj-140, Waffle, and Bat 58 arty.

Just what tier 10 matches need.  More Waffles!

-  Mark Twain
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4501 on: March 11, 2014, 08:02:32 PM

Good but not great ones are fucking off to xbox where it's easier? (everyone gets 6th sense for starters...) Forced win rates make the game shittier for good players?  Even crappy players have finally ground their way up to T8/9? Clanners aren't doing public matches anymore?  The new content hasn't proved sticky with old players so they don't do public matches?  Great players already have all the tanks, why do pubs and raise your blood pressure.

I dunno, all of that, I suppose.

I've been playing a lot less lately.  I guess after three years I'm just bored with it.  New tanks are just new grinds.  I was hoping for new game modes and historical battles.  And we kind of got that with Confrontation, but it happens so rarely it might as well not exist.  I'm mostly waiting for War Thunder tanks to see what that is like.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4502 on: March 11, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #4503 on: March 11, 2014, 10:53:09 PM

Speaking of the ever-worsening player base, have I got a replay for you. I was mostly awful, but try to spot where my team made a mistake.

Oh and another replay

Top Gun, High Caliber, Ace Tanker- and lost. Ran out of ammo so I couldn't carry any more. FUCK PUBBIES FOREVER.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 12:01:56 AM by WayAbvPar »

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4504 on: March 12, 2014, 06:13:43 AM

I've been playing a lot less lately.  I guess after three years I'm just bored with it.  New tanks are just new grinds.  I was hoping for new game modes and historical battles.  And we kind of got that with Confrontation, but it happens so rarely it might as well not exist.  I'm mostly waiting for War Thunder tanks to see what that is like.

Same here, although I understand that historical battles will be in the 9.0 patch. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/366674-exclusive-historical-battles-coming-in-90/
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4505 on: March 12, 2014, 07:15:22 AM

Top Gun, High Caliber, Ace Tanker- and lost. Ran out of ammo so I couldn't carry any more. FUCK PUBBIES FOREVER.

Did I mention that I've gotten two Ace Tanker badges recentlty... IN LOSSES!

As for the rest, I have almost no interest in WT tanks due to the fact that so much of their information is client side.  We've already seen what can happen with what little information WGN gives client side from the warpack mods.  I can only imagine the level of cheats that will get generated if the majority of information is client side in WT tanks.   

While flawed, I'll stick with WoT for now.  Nothing else seems to scratch my pvp itch.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:28:54 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #4506 on: March 12, 2014, 12:49:49 PM

I've been playing around on this game for a few weeks now.  I still suck but always down to group up instead of doing randoms by myself. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #4507 on: March 12, 2014, 01:02:37 PM

I've been playing around on this game for a few weeks now.  I still suck but always down to group up instead of doing randoms by myself. 

I saw you starting a few times through Steam. I kept thinking you were another friend of mine with a Z name until I was actually in game with said friend and you started up. Then it sunk in...

Feel free to add me as a contact and msg me when you see me in game. If I am not already tooned up, I will be happy to run some lower tier stuff with you and show you how NOT to play  Ohhhhh, I see.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4508 on: March 12, 2014, 02:29:01 PM

I've been playing around on this game for a few weeks now.  I still suck but always down to group up instead of doing randoms by myself.  

I'm on tanks as Nebu_f13.  Feel free to send me a chat as well.

That goes for the rest of you regulars too.  I'm finding solo play to be little more than a lesson in frustration.  If you see me online, please shoot me a platoon invite.  I have every tier covered.

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4509 on: March 12, 2014, 02:57:21 PM

I'm in tanks as Phredde, I mostly play in the early morning Pacific time, I'm also on in the evenings every once in a while if you see me give me a shout.  I don't play nearly as much as I used to but every once in a while I get on a streak.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4510 on: March 12, 2014, 04:01:59 PM

In as strazos (surprise, surprise). My hours are kind of random, but usually open to platooning..

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4511 on: March 12, 2014, 05:37:57 PM

So they stripped out the info on the next "on track" tanks so keep that info on file as "tentative".

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4512 on: March 12, 2014, 08:34:01 PM

Banned mods post

The two mods I stripped out (white tanks and hit indicators) aren't even on it, dammit.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4513 on: March 12, 2014, 09:57:49 PM

Banned mods post

The two mods I stripped out (white tanks and hit indicators) aren't even on it, dammit.

Feel better about it. They're still cheats for shit-tier players. All that stuff is. Frankly, anything not offered by the WoT client as provided by WG is cheating. But that stuff they outright banned is just over the top. I expect a lot of "really good" players are going to start getting really bad, really fast.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4514 on: March 12, 2014, 11:57:09 PM

Doubt it. None of that stuff gives much advantage if you know what you are doing except the passive map dmg and tracer ones that tells you where people are without them being spotted.

-H.L. Mencken
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: