Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:53:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104749 times)
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4375 on: February 04, 2014, 03:09:15 AM

I don't normally like playing arty, I'm starting to realy like the FV304. Heart
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCnlcM4N7VQ
WayAbvPar

Reply #4376 on: February 04, 2014, 08:07:36 AM

Everyone raves about that thing. I am still on the Birch Gun, but that little bastard is nice too. Doesn't do a ton of damage, but it aims and fires quickly and accurately.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4377 on: February 04, 2014, 09:17:20 AM

My only problem with the Birch was you had no range so you had to get really close to the action but being arty were always low man so you'd get wholloped really soon after firing, even if you did the fire & move.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4378 on: February 04, 2014, 06:09:06 PM

During the T6 (and then even the T8) portions of the last campaign, we fought on Province and brought 4 or 5 of those.  The sheer number of shells and accuracy you can fling with a group of those things frustrated the everloving hell out of our opponents.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4379 on: February 04, 2014, 09:30:54 PM

During the T6 (and then even the T8) portions of the last campaign, we fought on Province and brought 4 or 5 of those.  The sheer number of shells and accuracy you can fling with a group of those things frustrated the everloving hell out of our opponents.

I know.  Its one of the reasons I picked it up.  They've been my nemesis for awhile now.  They're like the E25 of artillery.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4380 on: February 04, 2014, 09:56:49 PM

If anyone wants to watch the lulz we are smack dab in the middle of a war that starts tomorrow between Havok and allies (which includes us) and the Evil Gaming (Villain, Thugz, etc) group of clans.  

EDIT: Now Forge and the animal clans are joining in on opposite sides.  Relic is the only shoe left to drop and then it will be a total map shitfest.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 10:17:38 PM by Abagadro »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4381 on: February 15, 2014, 04:40:48 PM

Gah, tried a big mod pack with xvm and all that shit and the screen is so jumbled can't tell what is going on 50m in front of me. No idea how people play with that shit on.

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4382 on: February 15, 2014, 05:50:45 PM

Gah, tried a big mod pack with xvm and all that shit and the screen is so jumbled can't tell what is going on 50m in front of me. No idea how people play with that shit on.

I don't use any mods and I've done pretty well without them.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4383 on: February 15, 2014, 11:46:40 PM

This shit was ridiculous. The minimap had all these circles for view range, draw distance, tank names, last known, etc. Fuck it had a line showing where your gun was pointed. I mean, you need a line on the minimap to see where your gun is pointed? Then all the color coded shit and lightbulbs for god knows what. Info overload if you ask me. I run Jimbo's reticle and that's it.

-H.L. Mencken
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4384 on: February 16, 2014, 01:11:57 AM

This shit was ridiculous. The minimap had all these circles for view range, draw distance, tank names, last known, etc. Fuck it had a line showing where your gun was pointed. I mean, you need a line on the minimap to see where your gun is pointed? Then all the color coded shit and lightbulbs for god knows what. Info overload if you ask me. I run Jimbo's reticle and that's it.
It takes  while to get used to that stuff, but once I knew whats what, I found it hard to play without. I think I am running something called Sela's mod pack.

Also historical gun sounds are a must.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4385 on: February 16, 2014, 09:35:19 AM

Lemme guess, you tried the OMC mod with full features on. That's not how its meant to be installed. That's just to 'show case' the features. You're meant to turn 60% of that stuff off and only leave what you find useful.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:42:22 AM by Engels »

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4386 on: February 16, 2014, 09:52:14 AM

Here's what I use:

Jimbos
XVM (only to see opponent WR, last known position, and my damage during a match)
White tanks
Locastans stat package (shows daily W/L, WN8, silver made)

Doesn't clutter my screen at all.

On a side note: Are you guys finding it difficult to carry on the weekends?  I had a steak of games where I was doing between 2-3k damage a match in my tier 6's and 7's and still couldn't stay above 50%.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4387 on: February 16, 2014, 10:43:35 AM

I stopped using mods once they added the shell countdown timer to the default UI.  Too much of a hassle and XVM just made me irritable.  I'd follow the purple/ green players and still find that we'd lose or they were axed because everyone targeted them first.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4388 on: February 16, 2014, 11:09:29 AM

Heh. Yeah, if you go from no mods to the full OMD pack or something, it would definitely be overkill. XVM (which includes the minimap features, which are pretty useful when you get used to them), J1mbo's are the only real must haves for me. White tanks is really useful too, and the daily stats thing is nice, but neither are must haves and could be left off until you want them.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4389 on: February 16, 2014, 11:10:30 AM

Lemme guess, you tried the OMC mod with full features on. That's not how its meant to be installed. That's just to 'show case' the features. You're meant to turn 60% of that stuff off and only leave what you find useful.

It was a mod pack one of our Dep. Commanders swears by.

Nebu's pack sounds decent, but I am too much of a dope to be able to customize mod packs.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4390 on: February 16, 2014, 11:20:34 AM

Use this one-

You can add anything you want into it.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4391 on: February 16, 2014, 11:54:14 AM

Nebu's pack sounds decent, but I am too much of a dope to be able to customize mod packs.

I just went to this list and picked the ones I wanted.

Hope that helps.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4392 on: February 16, 2014, 05:48:43 PM

That installer that way linked is pretty slick.  Running some stuff now trying to get used to it.  I'll check out that list.

-H.L. Mencken
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4393 on: February 18, 2014, 01:52:45 AM

Why does it seem like every time I get into a game and my team starts typing in Spanish or Portuguese, I know I'm going to lose? Facepalm
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4394 on: February 18, 2014, 05:17:22 AM

Why does it seem like every time I get into a game and my team starts typing in Spanish or Portuguese, I know I'm going to lose? Facepalm

Because you will. I already brought this up in the thread a while ago. If more than one person on your team types something in Spanish it's an autoloss. What's extra awesome is that they always refuse to speak english until people get pissed and say something about it, then they have no problem at all speaking English to call people racists and argue that they don't have to speak English if they don't want to. It always made me feel like a Republican.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #4395 on: February 18, 2014, 06:01:43 AM

I hate HATE to generalize, but that's my experience with Italians. Maybe I notice this because I am hypersensitive to them, but it's a common attitude around here to bother other people just because you can, so most of the time they will keep using Italian laughing at everyone else's rage.

It's probably the same with lots of other languages on European servers, but I have a harder time ignoring Italian as I can see through their words and picture the idiots behind those obnoxious ways, and the fact that they usually suck doesn't help.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4396 on: February 18, 2014, 08:49:07 AM

Because you will. I already brought this up in the thread a while ago. If more than one person on your team types something in Spanish it's an autoloss. What's extra awesome is that they always refuse to speak english until people get pissed and say something about it, then they have no problem at all speaking English to call people racists and argue that they don't have to speak English if they don't want to. It always made me feel like a Republican.
awesome, for real

Another clue your team is sunk is a bunch of Poles saying 'Siema' Facepalm

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4397 on: February 18, 2014, 09:34:04 AM

Another clue your team is sunk is a bunch of Poles saying 'Siema' Facepalm

Googling Siema to find out what it means returned this:

From the thumbnail I thought it was some sort of Pokemon thing. If the WoT euro server is as multilingual as the WT euro server is, ugh. I bitch about the three languages we have on our continent. When people bust out 40 kinds of slavspeak on the euro server it makes my head bleed. Sorry slavbros, I don't understand Moldovan, Romanian, or Russian and not recognizing the difference in your slavrunes isn't meant to be an insult.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4398 on: February 18, 2014, 09:55:50 AM

My solution to Italians and Eastern Europeans being obnoxious is to simply start typing in Gaelic. That tends to shut them up.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4399 on: February 18, 2014, 10:39:27 AM

Just say "Sorry, I don't speak Russian".  why so serious?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4400 on: February 18, 2014, 04:57:14 PM

If they really get going with it in chat, I like to tell them to stop speaking Mexican or "English motherfuckers, do you speak it?" (none of them have watched Pulp Fiction it seems).  Then I get a bunch of  "Argentina, asshole"  or "Brasileiro, fucker" which is always followed up by anti US statements which, being Canadian, just makes me laugh.  Even when I tell them I'm not American, they still keep at the anti US stuff.  It's like their map of the Americas end at the northern US border.

I know it's a North American server (no South American server?) and people speak different languages but if you're on a team and you can speak and type a common language with your teammates, then you should really do so.  If I was on the Russian server and could speak Russian, I wouldn't be typing in English in team chat because it would be fucking rude and disrespectful to do so.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4401 on: February 18, 2014, 04:58:07 PM

Ok, this is officially my favourite tank to play.  I wish I could have 2 or 3 of them in my garage.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4402 on: February 19, 2014, 05:31:55 PM

This was an odd match... but I'm delighted with the outcome.

Victory!
Battle: Malinovka 2/19/2014 7:18:57 PM
Vehicle: Caernarvon
Experience received: 4,910 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 86,317
Battle achievements: Steel Wall, Confederate, Scout, High Caliber, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Odd combination of medals.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4403 on: February 19, 2014, 07:22:42 PM

Scout in a Caern? Was the rest of your team all TDs or something?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4404 on: February 19, 2014, 07:39:06 PM

Scout in a Caern? Was the rest of your team all TDs or something?

Was on Malinovka and I was the one leading the charge on the hill.  I lit pretty much everyone on the hill as I was in front and lit the rest when I led the charge down.  I think I ended with 5600 damage and about 2k spotting.  Pretty happy since I generally hate playing this tank.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4405 on: February 19, 2014, 08:59:03 PM

Nice game Nebu.

I got a Dumitru (kill 4 arties, first one in 32k games) in my Waffle 100 on El Haluf when I crossed over the whole map via the inlet and then wreaked mayhem.  Those kind of weird games are fun.

I had an epic match tooned up with Shade and another -J- last night. We were up against some really good players (4 VILLN guys and a dude whose stats were completely off even the purple chart). Was on Ruinberg and we went and cleaned up the 0 line while the entire city just got wiped out.  It was 12-5 and we turned around, went back and ended up winning by getting great positions with a decent 704 and just tearing them up. Shade killed 8 and our toon killed 13 total. I'll try to get a replay (I don't record replays) to show it.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4406 on: February 19, 2014, 09:45:00 PM

I had an epic match tooned up with Shade and another -J- last night. We were up against some really good players (4 VILLN guys and a dude whose stats were completely off even the purple chart). Was on Ruinberg and we went and cleaned up the 0 line while the entire city just got wiped out.  It was 12-5 and we turned around, went back and ended up winning by getting great positions with a decent 704 and just tearing them up. Shade killed 8 and our toon killed 13 total. I'll try to get a replay (I don't record replays) to show it.

Make sure you save that replay.  It's matches like those that will keep you playing for another 10k battles.  I always love beating unicum platoons.  Especially G and Havok guys.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4407 on: February 19, 2014, 10:00:27 PM

We beat one of those last night too in a different game, a toon of Havok, -G- and SIMP. It was a good night.  I've found I happen to play better sober.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4408 on: February 20, 2014, 08:58:04 AM

See what you can do when you don't have me dragging your stats into the dirt?

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4409 on: February 20, 2014, 09:17:06 AM

I got a depressing reminder of my stats the other night.  I was looking at noobmeter and saw that I have a 55% WR over the past 9000 games.  My overall WR is ~52%.  I think I was playing around 45% WR for my first 5k matches.  No wonder nobody would ever platoon with me.

On a tangential note: Played like utter crap last night.  I just can't seem to get the hang of the A44 and I'm playing the SU 122 44 WAAaaaay too aggressively.  Its camo must be terrible because people can spot me from quite a ways off.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:39:37 AM by Nebu »

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: