Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 08:22:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104682 times)
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4305 on: December 24, 2013, 03:54:56 PM

It will time out a bunch but mine ultimately went through.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4306 on: December 24, 2013, 03:57:02 PM

It will time out a bunch but mine ultimately went through.

Ah.  I'll keep trying.  Thanks.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4307 on: December 24, 2013, 04:48:39 PM

OTOH, I unlocked the big gun for the Pz V and can't quit winning in it. Got several top tier games in a row, and that gun is just fucking ridiculous.

Also- hearing about a bonus code for 3 days of premium- WGNY2014. Site is getting hammered so I can't confirm it yet.

How long is that code good for?  I'm not back home until 30 Dec.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4308 on: December 24, 2013, 05:09:14 PM

Mine went through and then only gave me 1 day, so typically borked WG.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4309 on: December 26, 2013, 05:32:34 AM

New Tier 2 gift tank?

Time to break out the T18.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
WayAbvPar

Reply #4310 on: December 26, 2013, 09:46:38 AM

Mine went through and then only gave me 1 day, so typically borked WG.

I kept getting server timeouts, but then I had 3 days more on my premium, so who knows?

Got home last night and decided I wanted to buy the T28 I have had unlocked for months while it was still discounted. Ended up grinding out about 600k credits in about 10 matches. Even got 2 consecutive tier 8 matches in my T34, which is nothing short of a Christmas miracle.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4311 on: December 28, 2013, 05:39:39 PM

Been away from the game for a while and the call of free stuff lured me back.  Now I'm wondering if it would be worth buying a premium German medium for crew training as my Lowe seems to develop its crew faster than anything else I own, but that could just be my imagination.

Other than matchmaking and lower repair costs is there any difference between a premium tank and a regular tank that's elite when they're both set to accelerated training?

edit button addict.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4312 on: December 28, 2013, 05:43:53 PM

More credits.

-H.L. Mencken
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4313 on: December 28, 2013, 06:16:02 PM

Damage dealt = xp and the Lowe is excellent at dishing it out.  Also right now if you are in the top 3 xp earners on your side you get an additional 30% xp so that's probably helping you.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4314 on: December 30, 2013, 10:39:59 AM

Some of them (like the Church III) get XP bonuses as well.

e-
Researched:Rhm.-Borsig Waffenträger researched. Undistributed experience spent: 71,000. Free Experience spent: 0.

Ground through the Pz Sfl V this weekend with the 2x wins. Thank god I am done. Now, to pay for it...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 12:03:02 PM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4315 on: December 30, 2013, 02:51:48 PM

Got back from a trip on Sunday and played as many matches as I could before the special was over (quit at like 2am).  

The payoff: I finally got out of the AMX 50 120.  While this tank has a great gun, it has no role in the world of overpowered TD's.  

On a different note: What is the point of these Japanese mediums?  At tier 6 now and they are slow, under-gunned, and have terrible armor.  I don't see a role for them on the field.  They have mediocre vision, too slow to flank, and their camo isn't great.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 05:31:19 PM by Nebu »

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4316 on: December 30, 2013, 09:57:23 PM

To keep people interested in playing via new content. People have been asking for a Japanese tree going back to about the same time they were asking for a british tree. Unfortunately they did a shitty, rushed job on it. They're at the point where pretty much all the "themes" are taken by other countries so they just sort of shrugged and did whatever. They didn't even bother to include any of the heavy tanks that they had designed. They probably wanted to get it out to distract from the War Thunder integrated tank game that's betaing and up for pre-order. Considering it's as superior to WoT as it is to WoW, they probably should be sweating.

The unfortunate side effect is the number of "elite" clantards in War Thunder has skyrocketed lately. On the up side, the sort of cheesy shit that gives goot stats in WoT gets you no place in WT. To kill a tank in WT you have to actually get a shot that would kill it. No shooting a cupula four or five times.

Anyway, yeah, the Japanese line is pretty shitty and pointless and is hopefully just being used as a placeholder to get things started.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4317 on: December 31, 2013, 09:29:42 AM

Japan was never an armor leader, so I never understood why people were all fired up about their tech tree.

WG needs more than another tech tree to grind, they need new game modes like: capture the flag, king of the hill, Hunger Games, and racing.  I would also like to see some historical battles as well.

If all they do is add more tech trees people will get tired of the grind and move on to the next big thing.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4318 on: December 31, 2013, 09:37:41 AM

The only good tank in the Japanese line looks like the  tier 10, maybe the tier 9 as well.  The rest, like real Japanese tanks of the era, are garbage.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4319 on: December 31, 2013, 10:47:32 AM

Japan was never an armor leader, so I never understood why people were all fired up about their tech tree.

Weeaboos.
The only good tank in the Japanese line looks like the  tier 10, maybe the tier 9 as well.  The rest, like real Japanese tanks of the era, are garbage.

The Chi-Ha is totally OP.  I'm seeing more and more of them when playing the pak40 and they RAPE shit at that tier.  But you're playing T3 and it takes forever to get cash/ xp that way.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4320 on: December 31, 2013, 10:55:40 AM

The Chi-Ha is totally OP.  I'm seeing more and more of them when playing the pak40 and they RAPE shit at that tier.  But you're playing T3 and it takes forever to get cash/ xp that way.

Have you played it?  There are good players doing well in the tank, but that's not because it's OP.  I found it to be average to above average.  The turret is made of paper but the gun is decent.

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4321 on: December 31, 2013, 12:38:54 PM

No, I've got enough tank lines ot grind.  I only know what I'm seeing on the few T3 matches I have to do for my 2x.  They're increasing in numbers and usually ones of the last tanks alive with the highest kill count.  So either it's high skill players trolling noobs or the tank is pretty good.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4322 on: December 31, 2013, 01:01:49 PM

The Ha-Go (T2) does have one entertaining gimmick - the HE round only has 1-2mm less penetration than the AP round.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4323 on: December 31, 2013, 06:17:15 PM

Have you played it?  There are good players doing well in the tank, but that's not because it's OP.  I found it to be average to above average.  The turret is made of paper but the gun is decent.

The Chinese version is one of my favorites.  I would call it above average as well.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4324 on: January 05, 2014, 01:42:28 PM

Victory!
Battle: Lakeville 1/5/2014 2:07:49 PM
Vehicle: M18 Hellcat
Experience received: 3,902 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 39,015
Battle achievements: Halonen's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Someone platoon with me, damnit!  I'm getting sick of trying to carry a team of potatoes solo. 

-  Mark Twain
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #4325 on: January 05, 2014, 04:55:51 PM

I would, but my highest is Tier 8.

And sometimes I'm the potato.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Actually saw you and Abagadro in a random match the other day ( the f13 caught my attention). I was one of 2 t8's, the rest wee 9 or 10. I got my ass handed to me quick so kept my mouth shut lol.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4326 on: January 06, 2014, 09:56:09 AM

I let my premium lapse after the 50k damage mission stopped letting me extend a day at a time, and then took a couple of days off (to play EVE...apparently my genitals aren't getting punched enough). Then Engels came on TS and mentioned he bought 6 months of premium for a discount. So I got the urge to play tanks yesterday while sitting out a station camp and ended up buying 6 months of premium.

tl/dr Fucking Engels...

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4327 on: January 06, 2014, 11:58:41 AM

I've managed to get into the new tier 9 German TD (mini Waffle) and I'm not liking it nearly as much as the tier 8 (thinking about buying it again since I liked it so much).  Its much bigger and it doesn't have as much gun depression.  I hope the tier 10 waffle is worth it.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4328 on: January 06, 2014, 12:24:06 PM

Yeh the Rumba, as it's known is supposed to be badass. Apparently the tier X is cool too.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4329 on: January 06, 2014, 12:56:52 PM

The tier X is a fucking terror in the hands of a non-shit player. If you are smart enough to keep it alive long enough to reload at least once, then it is a gamechanger.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #4330 on: January 07, 2014, 04:00:51 PM

SerB is the Best Dev:
There were many IS-4 SPGs, and one on the 111 (but not the 113).
The current HE mechanism is considered adequate.
High caliber MGs might be activated along with multiple guns/turrets, but they won't do much.
Premium tanks should be worse than their same-tier counterparts, but special reward tanks don't have to be, as long as they are not better.
Height impacts view range.
Variable clearance is "a complicated gameplay mechanic that will touch things other than clearance. No comments for now"
Out of changes to the game in 2013, SerB doesn't like eSports, but likes missions.
Interleaved road wheels might be approximated, depending on how complicated it is to model their movement. "Monsters" like Churchills will definitely have some approximation going on.
The "crutch" against tanks flipping over will be removed gradually. New models may flip over, while old ones won't.
You will need new skins for the new HD client, but the ability to replace tank skins remains.
Flying turrets might always land right side up to save on polygons.
Flying turrets will retain their previous armour, but maybe not right away (if there is not enough time).
Object 278 with its gas turbine engine is not planned.
The video shows partial destruction of buildings by firing on upper floors, but it will be possible to collapse the whole building by firing on lower floors.
Most fragments (except the very large ones) will be client-side only.
There will most likely be a limit to how much you can damage terrain, so you can't dig a bottomless pit.
You can't use other regions' chats or forums when roaming. "We don't want international flame wars".

Q: On the issue of secret vehicle nerfs...
A: There aren't any.

Q: Was there a mistake in...
A: No.

Q: You just answered that there will be a separate Italian tree...
A: I answered something completely different. The word "separate" eludes detection.

Q: The Jagdtiger and JT88 are supposed to be the same vehicle, but why is the Jagdtiger faster? <wall of text follows>
A: The JT88 doesn't have an upgraded engine. Such trouble, such sadness.

Q: Do you ever get the desire to take some skis, a flask to keep warm, and get away from tanks for a kilometer or 20?
A: Who says we don't? By the way, I do not recommend skiing downhill in the wilderness with a sparkler in each hand, you can't see anything outside of a 5 meter radius.

Q: What's the deal with the T-34-3's stats, does it need buffing?
A: This is where the joke about the murderer tourist goes.

Q: Which?
A:
Judge: how could you, mister tourist, kill your partner that you travelled hundreds of kilometers with?
Tourist: he would poke me awake every 15 minutes and say "let's sleep!"
Get the idea?

Q: Oh, ok, so you don't answer inconvenient questions and don't want to say anything!
A: There is a difference between inconvenient questions and whining.

Q: OH GREAT POTATOES TELL ME WHY YOUR GAME WITH TERRIBLE GRAPHICS AND MAPS A KILOMETERS IN SIZE IS SO LAGGY? CAN YOU OPTIMIZE IT OR DO YOU ONLY KNOW HOW TO COMPLAIN
A: Your computer seems to be very old. Look, the Shift key is stuck.

Q: You mentioned the issue of new tank trees for 2014, can you say more about one that you really want to put in?
A: I have a tendency to talk about what I want to talk about. Things that I don't want to talk about, well, I don't talk about them.

Q: Please don't count this as spam, will we have an MS Paint like editor for our camo?
A: Spam, no, illiteracy, yes. I already said, we don't need pink tanks with polka dots.

Q: are u working on the matchmaker its im possible to play
A:
a) No.
b) "Impossible" is one word.
c) It's a conspiracy against illiterates.

Q: (quoting the post about the Object 278) the Turbopanther is not planned??? O_0
A: Today I learned that Object 278 is a Turbopanther.

Q: Why do planes not have problems with autocannons, but tanks have limits? Is this a ballance issue?
A: I refuse to answer a question for someone that can't spell "balance".

Q: It is known that tracks count as 30 mm of spaced armour. Are wheels also spaced armour?
A: It is known that questions that start with "it is known" are nonsense.

Q: Will Israeli tanks join the joint Euro tree?
A: Israel is in Asia. Did you not learn geography in school?

(via Ensign Expendable )

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #4331 on: January 07, 2014, 09:50:05 PM

So, SerB is a complete dick. What you were trying to say is SerB is a complete dick.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #4332 on: January 08, 2014, 08:17:41 AM

He mostly reminds me of the Russians I work with.  I find they tend to be on the blunt side.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4333 on: January 08, 2014, 08:51:29 AM

So, SerB is a complete dick. What you were trying to say is SerB is a complete dick.

More that the player base of WOT is almost completely filled with mouthbreathing fucktards, and he finds it amusing to poke fun at the spergiest of them. Nice change of pace from the placating non-informative brand of customer interaction. Their one on one CSRs are just as useless as any other company, if that makes you feel any better.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4334 on: January 08, 2014, 08:59:15 AM

He mostly reminds me of the Russians I work with.  I find they tend to be on the blunt side.

Yes, this.  When the bulk of your life has been spent dealing with bigger issues like widespread corruption, Russian winters and the general fatalistic outlook of Russians the whinging mewls of us comfortable westerners will grate.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4335 on: January 08, 2014, 06:36:41 PM

Heh, as frustrating as this game can be, it's always fun to have games like this:

Victory!
Battle: Prokhorovka 1/8/2014 7:19:54 PM
Vehicle: ARL 44
Experience received: 2,958 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 39,085
Battle achievements: Defender, Steel Wall, Sniper, Spartan

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4336 on: January 09, 2014, 08:32:45 AM

I'm starting to warm up to the Indien Panzer...

Victory!
Battle: Steppes 1/9/2014 10:18:53 AM
Vehicle: Indien-Panzer
Experience received: 4,284 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 51,862
Battle achievements: Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

4007 damage and 5 kills.  Never thought I'd ever get Ace on this thing.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4337 on: January 09, 2014, 09:53:50 AM

That is a monster game. Well done.

I haven't played since the day I bought my premium. I am, as always, an idiot.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4338 on: January 09, 2014, 02:14:51 PM

I feel for you.  I haven't played since last weekend as the 5x idiots killed it for me again, so I'm back in to STO for a while.  Which is a shame because I just unlocked the ISU-152 and only need to grind the credits for it.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4339 on: January 09, 2014, 05:22:14 PM

Grind some free XP while you are at it and skip directly to the BL-10 if you possibly can. It makes the tank a joy.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: