Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:34:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104655 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4200 on: November 14, 2013, 03:34:45 PM

That Pak40 is SOOOOO getting nerfed at some point.

Top Gun, Ace Tanker, and I think Sniper in addition to doing 1k damage on mines.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/704172/F13%20Photos/20131114_1821_france-FCM_36Pak40_10_hills.wotreplay

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4201 on: November 15, 2013, 07:42:41 PM

All I get is tier 5s in mine.   Except for my tier 3 9 kill game.

WayAbvPar

Reply #4202 on: November 16, 2013, 11:46:19 PM

Yeah if it gets a Tier 3 match it is an auto 4 kills minimum. Good times!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4203 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:13 AM

Had 3 kills in a Tier v match yesterday.  I'd have had 4 but my team was all dead and I was surrounded as I tried for the last guy.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4204 on: November 18, 2013, 07:29:12 AM

Unless your team is good.  Then you're too damn slow to get in the action and you get nothing.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4205 on: November 18, 2013, 08:07:54 AM

Its gun is still powerful enough to be competitive in a tier 5 match though, which puts it above my beloved S35 Panzer which is a monster in a tier 3 match but is almost useless in a tier 5.

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4206 on: November 18, 2013, 10:55:56 AM

Unless your team is good.  Then you're too damn slow to get in the action and you get nothing.

Ain't that the truth.  cry

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4207 on: November 18, 2013, 12:41:13 PM

I think that's why I gravitate toward more mobile heavies and mediums.  It's easy to get around to where you're needed.  Slow heavies and TD's make me weep in pub matches.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4208 on: November 18, 2013, 12:42:49 PM

Lucky for me I see a steady diet of <45% teams then, I guess  Ohhhhh, I see.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4209 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:07 PM

Lucky for me I see a steady diet of <45% teams then, I guess  Ohhhhh, I see.

I was trying to be funny... not get personal.  awesome, for real

Hell, I haven't even played tanks for over a month.  I needed a break.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4210 on: November 18, 2013, 01:01:06 PM

So was I!  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Had a houseful of people over the weekend for my son's birthday. After everyone left and my kids were asleep and my wife was home to cover any wakening emergencies, I sat down to enjoy some tanks. And promptly went 5 for fucking 18. 8 kills in 2 games in my T69 (including 1 tier X game), no wins. lost my first 6 and 6 out of my last 7. Every team was a 44% nightmare. I finally went to bed in disgust.

tll;dr I completely hear you about needing a break. I am playing intermittently today while I work, but I am spending more time reading forums than playing. Especially after 3 straight losses in my 53-55. Down under 39% WR in it now.  Heartbreak

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4211 on: November 18, 2013, 01:07:21 PM

tll;dr I completely hear you about needing a break. I am playing intermittently today while I work, but I am spending more time reading forums than playing. Especially after 3 straight losses in my 53-55. Down under 39% WR in it now.  Heartbreak

I've been playing LoL for a change of pace.  I have to say that the people in LoL are driving me back to WoT.  The LoL community is chock-full-o-mouthbreathers.  It's a more toxic community than I have ever experienced in a pvp game to date.  As bad as WoT ever got, it's nothing compared to the toxicity I get in LoL.

I may play WoWP for a while when LoL gets stale.  It's not a great game, but it is fun in small doses.

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4212 on: November 20, 2013, 01:32:58 PM

Saw several of us in the arty marathon winners lists. I actually didn't even realize it was going on.  Well done arty scum.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4213 on: November 20, 2013, 02:26:55 PM

Ya, I had no idea I was playing arty that much. My gf said that if I won a contest for doing something so much and I wasn't even aware that I was doing it that much, I require an intervention.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4214 on: November 20, 2013, 02:34:44 PM

Was based on a single match's xp so maybe it was just a fluke.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4215 on: November 20, 2013, 03:53:47 PM

Mine definitely was. I don't play much more than doubles on mine, and just got extraordinarily lucky that round (two one shots, including a tank that hadn't been spotted, so full XP for that). I do think that map (Severgorsk or whatever) is conducive to high arty scores though- had another 4k+ damage round there recently. Everyone congregates in the hollows atop the ridges and it is easy pickings as long as you have someone spotting.

I was trying to explain that this was actually worth something, but kind of trailed off when her eyes glazed over and realized I was probably better of leaving out the explanation of how much gold costs to buy, which would lead to her (correctly) concluding that that have spent way too much money on this game. FTP my ass!

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4216 on: November 21, 2013, 12:15:20 AM

Free to Pay more like.

I've largely stopped playing. The stupid amount of gold ammo thrown at me and all the "world of stats" shit just got too much. The final straw was when I had to kill some jokers on my own side as he was happily shooting up members of my own team without actually killing them. In 2 consecutive games. Fuck that. If I want that kind of aggravation I'll talk to my mother for free. And there's better games out there.

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4217 on: November 21, 2013, 12:13:42 PM

50% Gold Discount on the Following Premium Vehicle
III FCM 36 Pak 40

Buy this tank when it goes on sale tomorrow. It is hilariously broken at tier 3.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4218 on: November 21, 2013, 12:32:17 PM

Already have it. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4219 on: November 23, 2013, 11:06:06 PM

Just pulled 2000 xp in my Rhm WT and didn't even get a FIRST CLASS.  People must be raping in this thing.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4220 on: November 24, 2013, 09:21:53 AM

Just pulled 2000 xp in my Rhm WT and didn't even get a FIRST CLASS.  People must be raping in this thing.

Is that a new tank?

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4221 on: November 24, 2013, 09:46:06 AM

Its the tier 8 on the new German TD line.

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4222 on: November 24, 2013, 09:49:34 AM

Rhm.-Borsig Waffenträger

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4223 on: November 24, 2013, 09:54:33 AM

Great... more tds.  Yay.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Thanks for the info.

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4224 on: November 24, 2013, 10:03:27 AM

Anything to get people to spend money on free XP  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4225 on: November 24, 2013, 10:37:44 AM

Until the TD nerfs, you mean.  awesome, for real

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4226 on: November 24, 2013, 10:38:07 AM

The line is pretty tough to play. If you are seen at all you are dead as they have absolutely no armor.  Great guns though.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4227 on: November 24, 2013, 01:06:22 PM

The line is pretty tough to play. If you are seen at all you are dead as they have absolutely no armor.  Great guns though.

That's a nice change from the other tier 9-10 TD's.  Great guns, great frontal armor, and great vision.  Doesn't seem their was a reason to play a heavy anymore outside of Clam wars. 

-  Mark Twain
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4228 on: November 24, 2013, 01:53:28 PM

6-shot 128mm or 4-shot 150mm autoloader is a bit of a bonus though.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4229 on: November 26, 2013, 01:10:47 PM

Draw
Battle: Swamp 11/26/2013 1:43:22 PM
Vehicle: IS-3
Experience received: 1,900
Credits received: 55,053
Battle Achievements: Top Gun, Defender, Steel Wall, Spartan

Sigh. Ended up with me versus 2 tanks, a TD and an arty. Killed tanks/td but time ran out before I could track down the arty.  3700 damage done and 4850 in potential damage taken.  awesome, for real

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4230 on: November 26, 2013, 01:14:48 PM

Sigh. Ended up with me versus 2 tanks, a TD and an arty. Killed tanks/td but time ran out before I could track down the arty.  3700 damage done and 4850 in potential damage taken.  awesome, for real

Very nice.  Love the IS3.  Great combination of mobility and firepower.

-  Mark Twain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #4231 on: November 27, 2013, 02:28:43 PM

Nice game Aba, I see swamp is back by popular demand.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4232 on: November 27, 2013, 05:08:29 PM

Thx.  Swamp is better with its redesign. A lot more avenues of attack.

-H.L. Mencken
WayAbvPar

Reply #4233 on: November 28, 2013, 09:35:49 AM

Unfortunately they also brought Komarin back at the same time. And it is a campy fucking nightmare.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4234 on: November 28, 2013, 11:16:34 AM

I never found that so much. Mind you I am one of the few people who seems to have figured out that you can ford the river.

Hic sunt dracones.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: