Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 06:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1117572 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3990 on: September 11, 2013, 08:54:26 AM

I was told that the SP got a 20% mobility improvement.  I plan to play it a few times, but the fact I need to spam gold to be effective in it kind of undermines its utility.  It's a good trainer, but not a great earner when playing against tier 9's.  I'm thinking the Ram II may become my new US medium trainer.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3991 on: September 11, 2013, 08:57:28 AM

I'm debating whether to sell my super pershing back for gold.  Any thoughts on the changes?

I would be keen to hear what it is like cause the front armour was what made it stand out. But I could probably use the gold to resub for a while.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:05:12 AM by Amarr HM »

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3992 on: September 11, 2013, 09:19:28 AM

I would be keen to hear what it is like cause the front armour was what made it stand out. But I could probably use the gold to resub for a while.

I'll play 10 or 20 matches on it tonight and post something tomorrow.  I tend to hull down in the thing and wiggle a lot.  I may not see much change. Not many people have figured out that the cheeks are soft.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3993 on: September 11, 2013, 09:26:52 AM

I'll play 10 or 20 matches on it tonight and post something tomorrow.  I tend to hull down in the thing and wiggle a lot.  I may not see much change. Not many people have figured out that the cheeks are soft.

I don't think the patch goes live in the US until Thursday night early Friday morning.  I'll try my SP out for a few games but I'm leaning towards selling it based on the games I ran on test.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3994 on: September 11, 2013, 09:30:00 AM

I don't think the patch goes live in the US until Thursday night early Friday morning.  I'll try my SP out for a few games but I'm leaning towards selling it based on the games I ran on test.

Thanks.  I forgot that it's only live on the RU server. 

I'm with you on the rest, but mostly because I don't have much interest in playing any US mediums past the Pershing or T69. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #3995 on: September 11, 2013, 09:33:10 AM

I am a sucker for garage slots though.  I usually buy 5 or 6 when they are half price.
Yeah I haven't been playing long enough to see a sale yet, but I'm waiting for slots to come up for sale. A buddy at work says I should hold out until Veteran's Day, apparently huge discounts to be had then? Makes sense.
Kinda wish I jumped on that 100 buck unified account premium access deal mentioned a few pages earlier that came with the 8000 gold, but seems I missed it.

I haven't bought any slots in a long time, I'm not much of a collector and with the crappy filters available in the garage I like to keep the number of tanks I have somewhat manageable.  Right now I have 20 or so tanks  plus 8 or so open slots, mostly I've gotten them due to tree splits (like the upcoming conversion of the VK 30.01H to a heavy) and selling off the low tier tanks they've given out as presents over the years.

You may give this a try. Sortable by tier, country, etc. And two rows instead of one. I dig it.

Patch is really interesting. Picked up a 3001H the other day in anticipation of the patch, so I get a another slot and tank for free. I really need to move my 3601 crew over and train them into a medium tank before they get turned into a heavy crew I won't need.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #3996 on: September 12, 2013, 02:38:31 PM

30% off gold this weekend!

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3997 on: September 12, 2013, 02:44:19 PM

US patch is delayed until the 18th because of some sort of tournament that is going on. 
Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #3998 on: September 12, 2013, 05:43:50 PM

US patch is delayed until the 18th because of some sort of tournament that is going on. 

I heard the new friendly fires rules were causing havoc with players getting hit with the ban stick after minor collisions.
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3999 on: September 12, 2013, 08:40:09 PM

I heard the new friendly fires rules were causing havoc with players getting hit with the ban stick after minor collisions.

They fixed it by installing the 8.7 system when they upgraded the euro servers.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #4000 on: September 12, 2013, 09:35:42 PM

Picked up the M3 Lee. Not finding it horribad, I'll survive the grind. The big question is whether I go T1 Heavy or M4 Sherman first once I work through this, though I think I'll ultimately want to try both.
Am I bringing back everyone's memories of when they were a fragile WoT noob yet?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #4001 on: September 12, 2013, 10:39:42 PM

American heavy is my favorite line in the whole game top to bottom so that would be my recommendation.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4002 on: September 13, 2013, 04:11:16 AM

I apparently had to grind the Lee 2 times because my progress got reset when they switched around trees and I did not notice until I had spent all that sweet free xp on other stuff. I HATE that tank. The M4 is great fun to drive around, though.

Hm. We are not very helpful right now, are we ?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4003 on: September 13, 2013, 08:22:50 AM

The M4 is great fun, but it will be very helpful to have the 90mm off the M6 reserched when you go to the T29, which both lines lead to. So research both and get the Lee out of the way I would say. There's no sin in driving the M4 AND the T1 heavy line up to the T29. The line is less outstanding after the T29 but still very very good.

Hic sunt dracones.
veredus
Terracotta Army

Reply #4004 on: September 13, 2013, 08:48:19 AM

Picked up the M3 Lee. Not finding it horribad, I'll survive the grind. The big question is whether I go T1 Heavy or M4 Sherman first once I work through this, though I think I'll ultimately want to try both.
Am I bringing back everyone's memories of when they were a fragile WoT noob yet?

Go to the T1. American heavies are very fun. T1 and M6 are underrated and can be both very good. Then T29 and T32 are awesome. M103 is good and then T110E5 is awesome again.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4005 on: September 13, 2013, 08:53:39 AM

American heavy is my favorite line in the whole game top to bottom so that would be my recommendation.

American medium is my favorite line in the whole game top to bottom so that would be my recommendation.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4006 on: September 13, 2013, 09:00:54 AM

Go to the T1. American heavies are very fun. T1 and M6 are underrated and can be both very good. Then T29 and T32 are awesome. M103 is good and then T110E5 is awesome again.

I disagree about the T32, but agree 100% on the rest.  I thought the T32 was disappointing after playing the OP T29.

I'm personally enjoying the Russian medium line more than I thought I would.  The T20 was also an outstanding American medium once I figured out how the hell I was supposed to play it.

-  Mark Twain
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4007 on: September 13, 2013, 09:04:59 AM

100% credits for tier 4's and 30% off premium rounds.  Seal clubbing anyone?  why so serious?

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4008 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:57 AM

I like my US mediums plenty, though the T29 is pure love in a hull-down position. I finally finished the research for the E8, giving me random access to the non-Hellcat TD line.

I liked the German medium line (to the 3601) well enough. I love my Cromwell, but god damn is that gun underpowered. Drives like a dream, though.

I went straight to the Russian heavies, so I dunno much about their mediums.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4009 on: September 13, 2013, 09:47:23 AM

I liked the German medium line (to the 3601) well enough.

The 3601 will be one of my favorite tanks ever.  Playing it with the konisch was like shooting laser guided missles.  My absolute go-to tank for building confidence.  I'm going to miss it when 8.8 hits. 

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4010 on: September 13, 2013, 01:34:37 PM

Played it today. Its slow as fuck and the turret turns....

very....

slowly....

I haven't tried it with the other turret yet but right now it sucks harder than a hard somethin or other. Its probably going on my sell list.

Hic sunt dracones.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4011 on: September 13, 2013, 04:23:36 PM

Can't decide whether I should buy the Maus when it goes on sale. I'd do it mostly just to have one rather than play it much.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #4012 on: September 13, 2013, 05:46:42 PM

If in doubt, do. It will be scratching the inside of your head otherwise.

In the same vein I will probably be getting the FCM pac 40 as its on sale tomorrow in EU land. Tier III slaughter, here I come.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/battle-flers-courcelette/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 05:56:41 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4013 on: September 13, 2013, 08:48:10 PM

If in doubt, do. It will be scratching the inside of your head otherwise.

In the same vein I will probably be getting the FCM pac 40 as its on sale tomorrow in EU land. Tier III slaughter, here I come.

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/battle-flers-courcelette/

The gun is amazing... but SLOW AS FUCK!

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4014 on: September 14, 2013, 01:30:12 AM

The tank is slow, not the gun (to clarify). If you get the right map it is hilarity.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Strazos

Reply #4015 on: September 14, 2013, 07:56:44 AM

Apologies for not using the normal WoT replay site - for whatever reason I get redirected to the EU page, even from behind my VPN.

Anyway, I just had to share this thing:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2459685/20130914_1540_usa-M18_Hellcat_34_redshire.wotreplay
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:06:18 AM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #4016 on: September 14, 2013, 09:30:52 AM

That was epic!

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Reply #4017 on: September 14, 2013, 09:50:22 AM

Indeed.

-H.L. Mencken
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4018 on: September 14, 2013, 11:22:36 AM

I liked the ending.  Well played Straz!

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #4019 on: September 14, 2013, 03:09:25 PM

You HAD to remind me. Just blew 1.4M on shells. Will save me money in the long run, but it puts off my next tank purchase a few dozen more games at least.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #4020 on: September 16, 2013, 07:17:19 AM

Very nice Strazos!

I had an epic game myself with a Hellcat this weekend.  I rampaged around the map and got 8 kills.

Our team lost.   Ohhhhh, I see.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4021 on: September 16, 2013, 08:28:50 AM

I had one of those, too.  In my AT-15A no less. So many kills, Top Gun and Steel Wall.  Then a loss because my slow ass can't make it back to cap and the mediums thought they were too good to do so.

Then another in my T-69.  Lowest tier in a tier X match as a lightly armored medium, got 3 or 4 kills on my own after my team shit the bed in the first 3 mins.  (something like 2:7) It whittles down to just me a Lowe, a TigerII and some lumbering behemoth of a Brit tank. The Brit takes out the Lowe on their cap while i"m dancing with the Tiger II on ours.  Then I get tracked and it's GG. Argh!

I should enable replays but I just don't get enough games in to make it worthwhile.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Strazos

Reply #4022 on: September 16, 2013, 10:51:11 AM

What? It costs you practically nothing to turn the option on - you never know when you'll have those epic games to gloat about.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Fear the Backstab!
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4023 on: September 16, 2013, 10:53:31 AM

What? It costs you practically nothing to turn the option on - you never know when you'll have those epic games to gloat about.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

You're a brave soul.

I hate posting replays... there's always something that I see that I could have done better.  I do watch some of my own replays though.  It reminds me that there is still so much to learn.

-  Mark Twain
Strazos

Reply #4024 on: September 16, 2013, 01:20:13 PM

Ok, this game was decent, but I'm uploading it for an instructive moment, especially if you play arty. You'll see what I mean about halfway through the match I think.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2459685/20130916_2049_usa-M40M43_39_crimea.wotreplay

Also, I would not normally talk such smack, but...it just felt necessary in this match. Ohhhhh, I see.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: