Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:51:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1104661 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3955 on: September 10, 2013, 10:55:04 AM

Riiiight, all the "no skillz" arty players are now playing "real" tanks. With an appeal to your mad skills when other players with more games than you and better stats are telling you that you are full of shit. I was wondering when someone would drag their madz internet skills as opposed to my not madz Internets skills into this.

Sadly the fact that I happen to have lesser stats than you does not change the fact that you are STILL wrong and you know it.

Nice to see the same stuck up attitude of the "elite" in this game same as everywhere else.

People find their fun in different ways.  This shouldn't surprise you.  What I'm enamored with is how the better players analyze the field like a chess match.  They know the strengths and weaknesses of the pieces on the board, the best ways to exploit terrain and position, and how best to utilize the strengths that their individual vehicle brings to bear.  I fully admit that I find this dissection fascinating and have since the days that I played Third Reich or Panzer Blitz as a board game.  It's the mental game and decision making process under pressure that intrigues me.  This is what makes the game 'fun' in my mind.

Blah blah

Dude, I've won actual real wargaming tournaments. Blowing your own cock about how elite your thinking process is is gonna cut no ice with me. I probably do what you do and a lot faster except I don't use XVMstats, but with a ping of 300+ a lot of the time I'm not going to win many duels so I just enjoy the experience. When I look at a map I literally visualize the patterns of the various routes that enemy and friendly tanks will take. Having aspergers I think in pictures not words, and that's why I won tournaments as I could see the patterns on the table. Its one of the reasons I'm a good scout and arty player, because I can see the patterns and I can see where people are probably going so I will be there. I can see the line of enemies and I can see right where they are weak so I can rush in and go for their arty or base. As I'm flying around I can see in my mind their zones of fire as I';m moving around so I'll know where to avoid.

But I actually find playing scouts rather boring. Plus Wargaming does not broadcast spotting damage so the efficiency stats of people like me are shit as its not taken into consideration. I guess that's another people why "elite" players don't play scouts, Hmm?

I can see that you are easily impressed by pseudo-intellectual claptrap and desperately want to show off how you play on a different level than anyone else and therefore you are elite too, but seriously cop yourself on. You want to camp in a field and want to cry about arty means you have to actually pay attention to terrain and movement, knock yourself out. The fact that you were struck dumb when I pointed out the horrific nature of gold on a t-69 above pretty much shows you know less than you think. But then no-one will talk about that on the wotlabs forums because everyone knows that they just want a tank counterstrike so they don't even discuss that. Gold is fine.

Seriously, this claptrap is why I turned down the invitation to MENSA.

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3956 on: September 10, 2013, 11:12:27 AM

Riiiight, all the "no skillz" arty players are now playing "real" tanks. With an appeal to your mad skills when other players with more games than you and better stats are telling you that you are full of shit. I was wondering when someone would drag their madz internet skills as opposed to my not madz Internets skills into this.

Sadly the fact that I happen to have lesser stats than you does not change the fact that you are STILL wrong and you know it.

Nice to see the same stuck up attitude of the "elite" in this game same as everywhere else.

People find their fun in different ways.  This shouldn't surprise you.  What I'm enamored with is how the better players analyze the field like a chess match.  They know the strengths and weaknesses of the pieces on the board, the best ways to exploit terrain and position, and how best to utilize the strengths that their individual vehicle brings to bear.  I fully admit that I find this dissection fascinating and have since the days that I played Third Reich or Panzer Blitz as a board game.  It's the mental game and decision making process under pressure that intrigues me.  This is what makes the game 'fun' in my mind.

Blah blah

Dude, I've won actual real wargaming tournaments. Blowing your own cock about how elite your thinking process is is gonna cut no ice with me. I probably do what you do and a lot faster except I don't use XVMstats, but with a ping of 300+ a lot of the time I'm not going to win many duels so I just enjoy the experience. When I look at a map I literally visualize the patterns of the various routes that enemy and friendly tanks will take. Having aspergers I think in pictures not words, and that's why I won tournaments as I could see the patterns on the table. Its one of the reasons I'm a good scout and arty player, because I can see the patterns and I can see where people are probably going so I will be there. I can see the line of enemies and I can see right where they are weak so I can rush in and go for their arty or base. As I'm flying around I can see in my mind their zones of fire as I';m moving around so I'll know where to avoid.

But I actually find playing scouts rather boring. Plus Wargaming does not broadcast spotting damage so the efficiency stats of people like me are shit as its not taken into consideration. I guess that's another people why "elite" players don't play scouts, Hmm?

I can see that you are easily impressed by pseudo-intellectual claptrap and desperately want to show off how you play on a different level than anyone else and therefore you are elite too, but seriously cop yourself on. You want to camp in a field and want to cry about arty means you have to actually pay attention to terrain and movement, knock yourself out. The fact that you were struck dumb when I pointed out the horrific nature of gold on a t-69 above pretty much shows you know less than you think. But then no-one will talk about that on the wotlabs forums because everyone knows that they just want a tank counterstrike so they don't even discuss that. Gold is fine.

I'm the one with issues?  Really?

I stated opinions, where I get my information, what I've done to improve, how I measure improvement, and what I enjoy.    I did not EVER state that I thought I was an elite player, but that I appreciate the information that the elite players bring to the table. 

You seem like you have a serious axe to grind.  I can assure you that it's not with me.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3957 on: September 10, 2013, 12:00:46 PM

Edit: Removed last few sentences because it sounded a little dickish.
Might want to remove the rest of it then too.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Once split a 12.5lb burger with a friend.

Reply #3958 on: September 10, 2013, 12:12:50 PM

Sorry to interrupt the sword fight with a stupid noob question (although it did alert me to the wotlabs forums which look helpful so thanks for that), but I'm still not completely understanding crew training enough to know whether I should attempt to transfer a crew to a new tank or not. For example, I have a crew of 3 in my US T2 Medium that are only at 82% and I am now ready to purchase the US M3 Medium tank which is apparently a crew of 6. I will likely sell back the T2 Medium but I'm confused if I should transfer the crew to the M2.

Do I understand it correctly that if the tanks are the same nation, and the same weight class, a crew member will still lose 10% training when moving to another tank? If that's the case should I keep playing the T2 Medium until the crew is over 100%? In this case I'd still need 3 more crew, but it looked to me that I can buy the tank with full crew or no crew? At this low tier am I nuts to even think about this yet? I just figured it may be easier to keep using the same folks so I don't have to keep retraining.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3959 on: September 10, 2013, 12:39:28 PM

Edit: Removed last few sentences because it sounded a little dickish.
Might want to remove the rest of it then too.

No I don't think so because I don't have a problem with what I wrote.  I am having more fun since the arty nerf.  There is no difference from my perspective in dealing with concealed TDs.  I have seen a steep decline in overall player skill in pub games since the nerf.  I have nothing to back up my opinion that the onslaught of bad players is the result of arty players trying to play "real" tanks but until someone can prove otherwise that is my stance. 
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3960 on: September 10, 2013, 12:43:56 PM

Sorry to interrupt the sword fight with a stupid noob question (although it did alert me to the wotlabs forums which look helpful so thanks for that), but I'm still not completely understanding crew training enough to know whether I should attempt to transfer a crew to a new tank or not. For example, I have a crew of 3 in my US T2 Medium that are only at 82% and I am now ready to purchase the US M3 Medium tank which is apparently a crew of 6. I will likely sell back the T2 Medium but I'm confused if I should transfer the crew to the M2.

Do I understand it correctly that if the tanks are the same nation, and the same weight class, a crew member will still lose 10% training when moving to another tank? If that's the case should I keep playing the T2 Medium until the crew is over 100%? In this case I'd still need 3 more crew, but it looked to me that I can buy the tank with full crew or no crew? At this low tier am I nuts to even think about this yet? I just figured it may be easier to keep using the same folks so I don't have to keep retraining.

I don't know if it worth it to retrain a crew that's only at 82%.  Unless they have skills already trained its probably best just to buy a new crew at 75%.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3961 on: September 10, 2013, 12:57:03 PM

I have seen a steep decline in overall player skill in pub games since the nerf.  

You seem to be taking advantage of it too.  Your stats the past week are pretty impressive. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3962 on: September 10, 2013, 01:01:32 PM

There's no real reason to transfer a crew at that low of a level, but that said I do normally transfer them just to keep the crew history.  The TC on my M48 is the one that started in my Cunningham on launch day for example.   I use free transfers until they hit Tier 5/6 and something like 90% skill then pay for the credit transfer.   I never use the gold training since going from 90 to 100 is pretty quick once you get into the higher tiers.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3963 on: September 10, 2013, 01:05:05 PM

You've staked a position and are defending it because you don't want to lose face.  Face has been lost already, regroup and rethink.

Lost face?  Is this a playground?

You tell me. We've stated our cases, you continue pushing a stance you've been against in other formats when your only ally is a known troll.  

Granted I have a.b and SirT against me but the remainder who've chimed in don't share your and troll-boy's vehement stance that the so-called elite players (selected so by dubious stat weightings, as outlined) are the only ones who know best.

CN - IMO It's not worth training up unless they're above 90, even then I'd be dubious of it.  I didn't carry a crew forward until the T-29, mainly because I kept the tanks I liked before that so their crews stayed with those tanks.  Also I believe there's a loss for  changing weight classes as well so medium to heavy was a net loss.

The whole setup is weighted towards paying the 200 gold per crew member for 100% retraining.  You're still low enough in tier you'll be swapping frequently anyway so I wouldn't consider it until tier 6 or so.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3964 on: September 10, 2013, 01:12:53 PM

Granted I have a.b and SirT against me but the remainder who've chimed in don't share your and troll-boy's vehement stance that the so-called elite players (selected so by dubious stat weightings, as outlined) are the only ones who know best.

I think you're confused about who said what.

I don't have any vehement stance about anything.  Now... given the choice of opinions on the game, I tend to lend more weight to the opinion of an elite player, that's true.  The true 'elite' players got that way for a reason.  I'd argue that they became that way precisely because they know what they're doing.  I'm also a scientist at heart.  I believe everyone is wrong until they prove otherwise.

-  Mark Twain
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #3965 on: September 10, 2013, 01:21:34 PM

All I know is that camping has gotten worse. Sure, some people do very good that way, but I don't want to sit around for 10 minutes waiting while the other team slowly gets bored.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3966 on: September 10, 2013, 02:01:50 PM

I have seen a steep decline in overall player skill in pub games since the nerf.  

You seem to be taking advantage of it too.  Your stats the past week are pretty impressive. 

I've mostly been using the E-25.  If I could have 2 or more of that tank I would and it would be the only one I'd play.  My favourite tank by far.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3967 on: September 10, 2013, 02:08:17 PM

You tell me. We've stated our cases, you continue pushing a stance you've been against in other formats when your only ally is a known troll.  

What?  I hope you're not referring to me.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3968 on: September 10, 2013, 02:21:03 PM

Thanks for the responses regarding crew folks, twas helpful.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3969 on: September 10, 2013, 02:40:06 PM

My two cents, arty definitely takes skill. I'm saying this as a relatively mediocre arty player who has witnessed some serious arty players do their shit. If it takes as much skill as driving a tank I'm not sure, it's definitely a lot more fucking frustrating, so that in itself must be the skill of not throwing your keyboard through a wall.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #3970 on: September 10, 2013, 03:18:27 PM

No I don't think so because I don't have a problem with what I wrote.  I am having more fun since the arty nerf.  There is no difference from my perspective in dealing with concealed TDs.  I have seen a steep decline in overall player skill in pub games since the nerf.  I have nothing to back up my opinion that the onslaught of bad players is the result of arty players trying to play "real" tanks but until someone can prove otherwise that is my stance. 

Oh, it's just that I thought you didn't want to sound dickish and what you left in your post sounds like you're a complete dick. And a smug one at that. My mistake, carry on. Advertising on Cartoon Network and an explosion of web ads has more to do with it than the patch. In fact, I claim the patch has made it worse because people feel free to drive their tanks like fucking retards. This is supported by looking at the profiles of shitty players who die quickly and stupidly. The ones that aren't obvious bots don't have arty listed past tier 3. But your claim is okay too because it's intellectually lazy, supports what you already believe, and you put no effort into verifying it.

What?  I hope you're not referring to me.

Yes, that's why no one but me has bothered to respond to anything you've said.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #3971 on: September 10, 2013, 03:32:28 PM

Thanks for the responses regarding crew folks, twas helpful.
I'm a little late but here's some more info and what I've done when I carry a crew forward.

I usually don't because I've kept all my tanks and just buy garage slots. Buuuuutttt...

retraining for free puts your crew at 50% or their current skill -20%, whichever is higher.
retraining for silver puts your crew at 75% or their current skill -10%, whichever is higher.
retraining for gold puts them at 100%

Retraining into a different vehicle type adds another -10% for silver and -20% for free. Gold, of course, gives no penalty for cross training.

You may have also noticed that the scale is on a progressive curve XP wise, and the affect of the skill is on a curve too. Each time you break 100% the curve goes back down and levels up fairly fast until the 50-60% point.

A trick I've used with new crews is to train my commander with gold and the other's with silver. The commander adds his bonus to their skills and makes them 10% better (11% with a fan). Add a vent/fan, which are pretty cheap and that will put their effective skill above 90% which is pretty decent.

If you do want to keep moving your crew forward, it's probably not worth it until you hit tier 5ish or their retrained skill will be bigger than what you're willing to spend training a new crew. Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:38:54 PM by angry.bob »

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #3972 on: September 10, 2013, 04:07:32 PM

I have 28k games (so I think I qualify as knowing a fair amount about this game), and at this point I can't even really tell what the fuck you guys are arguing about.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3973 on: September 10, 2013, 04:10:54 PM

Oh, it's just that I thought you didn't want to sound dickish and what you left in your post sounds like you're a complete dick.

The irony is you are seriously the biggest dick in this thread and you have been since page 1. Don't even try and disguise this by pouring advice out to a poor little helpless noob.
Spoiling for an argument is one thing but consistently using said arguments as a platform to sling personal insults around proves what a little pissaunt you are.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3974 on: September 10, 2013, 04:11:44 PM

Does that make sense?
Yes makes perfect sense the way you laid that out, thanks.

Regarding keeping tanks, is there a limit to how many slots you can have or can you theoretically have every tank in the game?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #3975 on: September 10, 2013, 04:15:10 PM

As long as you keep paying for the garage slots I think it is unlimited. I have 47 tanks or something ridiculous like that.

EDIT: Heh, added them up and its 53.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #3976 on: September 10, 2013, 04:33:51 PM

Does that make sense?
Yes makes perfect sense the way you laid that out, thanks.

Regarding keeping tanks, is there a limit to how many slots you can have or can you theoretically have every tank in the game?

The only limit is how much you want to spend so you can keep every tank in the game. Right now I have all the premiums except the JT88 and the french heavy and all the regular tanks/td/arty from all the countries up through tier 9, tier 8 in the case of China. I do only buy the slots when they're half off though. Or if i really want to buy a new tank. But right now my progression has slowed so much that it's not something I really need to worry about.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #3977 on: September 10, 2013, 04:44:05 PM

Oh, it's just that I thought you didn't want to sound dickish and what you left in your post sounds like you're a complete dick.

The irony is you are seriously the biggest dick in this thread and you have been since page 1. Don't even try and disguise this by pouring advice out to a poor little helpless noob.
Spoiling for an argument is one thing but consistently using said arguments as a platform to sling personal insults around proves what a little pissaunt you are.

Aahahahaha. I'd like to think I'm the biggest dick on the whole board, not just this one thread. And who better to recognize dickishness than an elite level dick who dicks his dickishness on a level that 99% of dicks can't even comprehend? You may also be amazed to learn that me being a dick doesn't stop him from being or sounding like a dick, nor does it mean I'm not allowed to have a reasonable discussion in a non-politics thread. Regardless, I'm happy to see that whatever I said scarred you emotionally enough that you couldn't resist the urge to post that penchant tantrum out of nowhere. Seriously, it was like taking loaf of freshly baked bread and cracking the crust to inhale the warm, delicious bread smell. Or maybe like putting on a pair of sucks right out of the drier in the middle of winter.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3978 on: September 10, 2013, 05:09:47 PM

As long as you keep paying for the garage slots I think it is unlimited. I have 47 tanks or something ridiculous like that.

EDIT: Heh, added them up and its 53.

I don't know how you do it.  I think I've rage-sold half of the tanks that I've ever played.  I'm just now going back to a few to see if I can learn how to play them better.

I am a sucker for garage slots though.  I usually buy 5 or 6 when they are half price.

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3979 on: September 10, 2013, 05:22:17 PM

No I don't think so because I don't have a problem with what I wrote.  I am having more fun since the arty nerf.  There is no difference from my perspective in dealing with concealed TDs.  I have seen a steep decline in overall player skill in pub games since the nerf.  I have nothing to back up my opinion that the onslaught of bad players is the result of arty players trying to play "real" tanks but until someone can prove otherwise that is my stance.  

Oh, it's just that I thought you didn't want to sound dickish and what you left in your post sounds like you're a complete dick. And a smug one at that. My mistake, carry on. Advertising on Cartoon Network and an explosion of web ads has more to do with it than the patch. In fact, I claim the patch has made it worse because people feel free to drive their tanks like fucking retards. This is supported by looking at the profiles of shitty players who die quickly and stupidly. The ones that aren't obvious bots don't have arty listed past tier 3. But your claim is okay too because it's intellectually lazy, supports what you already believe, and you put no effort into verifying it.

What?  I hope you're not referring to me.

Yes, that's why no one but me has bothered to respond to anything you've said.

Really?  I don't think I've been trolling but whatever floats your boat. Ohhhhh, I see.  Besides, I'm far from being an "elite" player.  I don't belong to a clan, my stats are good but not great and I rarely post here or anywhere else about the game.

Anyways, arguing about internet tanks is dumb.  Have fun.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:25:08 PM by Ginaz »
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3980 on: September 10, 2013, 05:40:09 PM

Aahahahaha. I'd like to think I'm the biggest dick on the whole board, not just this one thread. And who better to recognize dickishness than an elite level dick who dicks his dickishness on a level that 99% of dicks can't even comprehend? You may also be amazed to learn that me being a dick doesn't stop him from being or sounding like a dick, nor does it mean I'm not allowed to have a reasonable discussion in a non-politics thread. Regardless, I'm happy to see that whatever I said scarred you emotionally enough that you couldn't resist the urge to post that penchant tantrum out of nowhere. Seriously, it was like taking loaf of freshly baked bread and cracking the crust to inhale the warm, delicious bread smell. Or maybe like putting on a pair of sucks right out of the drier in the middle of winter.

Believe me I wasn't even a tiny bit worked up when I wrote that. Glad to see you admit to enjoying getting a rise out of people and that's what you strive for, cats out of the bag I guess.

Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3981 on: September 10, 2013, 05:57:43 PM

People find their fun in different ways.  This shouldn't surprise you.  What I'm enamored with is how the better players analyze the field like a chess match.  They know the strengths and weaknesses of the pieces on the board, the best ways to exploit terrain and position, and how best to utilize the strengths that their individual vehicle brings to bear.  I fully admit that I find this dissection fascinating and have since the days that I played Third Reich or Panzer Blitz as a board game.  It's the mental game and decision making process under pressure that intrigues me.  This is what makes the game 'fun' in my mind.

Blah blah

First thought that came to my mind when I saw this.

CaptainNapkin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3982 on: September 10, 2013, 08:31:07 PM

I am a sucker for garage slots though.  I usually buy 5 or 6 when they are half price.
Yeah I haven't been playing long enough to see a sale yet, but I'm waiting for slots to come up for sale. A buddy at work says I should hold out until Veteran's Day, apparently huge discounts to be had then? Makes sense.
Kinda wish I jumped on that 100 buck unified account premium access deal mentioned a few pages earlier that came with the 8000 gold, but seems I missed it.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:33:13 PM by CaptainNapkin »
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #3983 on: September 10, 2013, 08:40:46 PM

Yeah I haven't been playing long enough to see a sale yet, but I'm waiting for slots to come up for sale. A buddy at work says I should hold out until Veteran's Day, apparently huge discounts to be had then? Makes sense.
Kinda wish I jumped on that 100 buck unified account premium access deal mentioned a few pages earlier that came with the 8000 gold, but seems I missed it.

No, it's still on. It's on the World of Warplanes website under "Preorder Deals"

Tmon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3984 on: September 10, 2013, 10:00:13 PM

I am a sucker for garage slots though.  I usually buy 5 or 6 when they are half price.

I haven't bought any slots in a long time, I'm not much of a collector and with the crappy filters available in the garage I like to keep the number of tanks I have somewhat manageable.  Right now I have 20 or so tanks  plus 8 or so open slots, mostly I've gotten them due to tree splits (like the upcoming conversion of the VK 30.01H to a heavy) and selling off the low tier tanks they've given out as presents over the years.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:02:00 PM by Tmon »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3985 on: September 11, 2013, 05:31:27 AM

If your crew member is over 83% you will be better off transferring it as it will be at 76% or above when you transfer it and pay the 20K silver, as opposed to the 75% that you will have for a fresh crewmember for your 20K silver. Otherwise don't bother. That's the best guideline I can give you and its the rule of thumb I use.

As for playing the tank till the crew is over 100%, well you have to remember that you will get less XPs on the lower tiers as there is less tank health to strip off the enemy team, and your team shares the XP for damage to the enemy team. Also you will be doing less damage overall. This means that it will take longer for your crew to get to 100% at a lower tier. So In general I would suggest moving up unless you are having a good time with the M2, in which case stick with it as long as you want. You are not gaining much but fighting it to 100% and then transferring.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3986 on: September 11, 2013, 05:45:46 AM

I have 28k games (so I think I qualify as knowing a fair amount about this game), and at this point I can't even really tell what the fuck you guys are arguing about.

Who has the deepest most soulful understanding of the awesome way they play with their internet dick, and how a certain kind of porn spoils their satisfaction and so it must be spoiling the quality of everyones masturbation, and obviously the people who are providing that porn are not as much of a wanker as them, which of course spoils the masturbation of real wankers who perform a purer form of wank. So, because they have a deep understanding of masturbation far beyond what other mere mortals have, because they hang out with those whose masturbation is at a level that 99% of other people cannot even comprehend, they are right. AND THEY WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT!!!!

That make it clearer?

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3987 on: September 11, 2013, 06:16:57 AM

For those of you not keeping score, patch 8.8 went live today

New tech tree of USSR medium tanks was added:

A-43 (Tier VI, following on from T-34)
    A-44 (Tier VII)
    Object 416 (Tier VIII)
    Object 140 (Tier X, following on from T-54)

Changes to German tanks:

VK 30.01 (H) moved from Tier VI to Tier V and category changed from medium to heavy.
    VK 36.01 (H) category changed from medium to heavy.

Added new german tanks:

Durchbruchswagen 2 (Tier IV Heavy Tank)
    VK 30.02 (M) (Tier VI Medium Tank)

New Chinese Premium tanks added to Gift Shop:

T-34-3 (Tier VIII Medium tank)
    112 (Tier VIII Heavy Tank)

Maps

New Map – Tundra (Soviet rocky-sylvan territory during early Autumn, size is 800 x 800 meters).

Encounter battle was added to “Mountain pass”.

Some bugs were fixed on the following maps: “Karelia”, “Severogorsk”, “Airfield’.

Following maps were reworked and reintroduced to the game:

“Serene Coast” (significant map changes).
    “Komarin” (significant map changes).
    “Swamp“ (insignificant map changes).

Rebalancing

Rebalanced the T26E4 SuperPershing tank (front armour and some other parameters); added the possibility to sell it back for gold; the tank is returned to the in-game store.

Some visual tank models have been changed for: E-100, SU-85A, E-50, E-50M.

Armour models for the following tanks have been changed and reworked: E-50, E-50M, Pz. Kpfw. VI Tiger, Tiger II, VK 30.01 (H), VK 36.01 (H), T26E4 SuperPershing, Jagdtiger.

Names of some shells have been changed.

Compensation for the E-50 and E-75 has been added:

If a player has researched Maybach HL 295 Ausf. A engine (mounted on the E-50 and E-75), 25 000 free experience points will be added to the player’s account.
    If a player has the Maybach HL 295 Ausf. An engine in Depot or if the engine is mounted on E-50 and E-75, players will get a full credit compensation for the engine. The funds will be credited to the players’ accounts.

Compensation for the VK30.01H was added:

If a player has researched the VK 30.01(H), the VK 30.02 (M) will be researched.
    If a player has a VK 30.01 (H), a VK 30.02 (M) will be added to their garage with a slot and a crew with 100% skill for free. Ammunition, mounted equipment or consumables will not be added.
    If a player has camouflage on the VK 30.01 (H), the same camouflage with the same duration (permanent or number of days) will be added to their VK 30.02 (M) for free. Same applies to all inscriptions and emblems.
    All unspent experience from the VK 30.01(H) will be transferred to VK 30.02 (M).
    Vehicle statistics will not be transferred from the VK 30.01 (H) to the VK 30.02 (M).

Bugfixes and Changes

Significantly expanded the functionality of missions. An interface with description and current mission status has now been added to the client.

Added protection against the accidental selling of tanks.

Significantly improved the quality of FXAA antialiasing (for improved graphics).

Completely reworked the statistics and achievement page. Changed players’ global rating calculation.

Localised crew voiceover added – crew members of the relevant nation speak in their own languages. This option can be switched on in the Game settings.

Fixed some problems with balancer which appeared in Version 8.6 and that were not fixed in Version 8.7.

Inscriptions returned for all regions: “Иосиф Сталин”, “За Сталина!”, “Сталинец”.

When enhanced torsions are mounted (all types) the damage of the tank chassis is reduced, as well as the damage of the tank itself through its chassis when ramming and falling.

When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will now receive the same credits and experience (as for the victorious team).

Multiple fixes and improvements applied to the battle tutorial.

Changed the rules for determining who causes a ramming. It will now default to the player whose tank has the highest speed at the moment of the ramming encounter.

If you have been invited to a platoon or tank company, you will now automatically re-login to the server that the invitation was sent from should you disconnect.

Implemented an option to move crew members in and out of a damaged tank.

Implemented a new option to switch on the inversion of reverse moving: now when reversing and pressing the button to turn in a certain direction your tank will move in that direction, and not the opposite as for disabled inversion.

The "spall liner" equipment will now also reduce the chance of crew damage: light - 20%, medium - 25%, heavy - 30%, superheavy - 50%.

In the garage, the "main/reserve" tank attribute on the carousel is now stored on the server rather than the client as it was before.

When switching off the auto-aiming option, it is no longer necessary to move the aiming indicator off the locked tank.

Changed the model of flags and base flagpoles for all maps.

Added the ability to scroll through the list of the enemy team members in the "personal score" bookmark in the battle results statistics window.

Added automatic shooting when pressing-and-holding the fire button.

Added a warning about wrong layout or wrong characters when entering a password for the login window.

The option to dismiss a crew member by right-clicking on them in the hangar has been removed from the context menu to prevent accidental dismissals.

A detailed description of use and working principles has been added for consumables.

A link to “recover password” has been added to the login window when entering invalid password.

Fixed some bugs in the after battle statistics window.

Improved the logic of closing the interface windows by pressing "Esc" button.

Added new type of visual effects for HEAT projectile ricochets.

Added the display of the reload time between shots and the reload time between the magazines change over in loading different ammunition.

Removed the ‘jump glitch’ occurring when driving onto some objects.

Full list of changes made to various tanks listed here. Warning. Its a freaking long list

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3988 on: September 11, 2013, 06:58:18 AM

I'm debating whether to sell my super pershing back for gold.  Any thoughts on the changes?

-  Mark Twain
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3989 on: September 11, 2013, 08:24:31 AM

I'm debating whether to sell my super pershing back for gold.  Any thoughts on the changes?

I think I will be selling mine.  The added armor was the only thing it had going for it.  I might use the gold to buy one of the new Chinese tanks or maybe buy some premium time.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: