Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 08:09:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 167 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Tanks  (Read 1117073 times)
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3780 on: August 12, 2013, 10:09:50 PM

Yep. Thanks  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Ah, that explains your comments about camping.  Have you played on the US server at all?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3781 on: August 12, 2013, 10:17:44 PM

No. I imagine the culture is different there, which could explain why we are seeing different experiences.

I'm almost temped to start on the NA server (if its even possible) because I am quite a bit better now than when I started on the EU server and it took a while to find that the french tanks seem to suit me better, so I'm curious how my record would be.

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3782 on: August 12, 2013, 10:19:21 PM

No. I imagine the culture is different there, which could explain why we are seeing different experiences.

I'm almost temped to start on the NA server (if its even possible) because I am quite a bit better now than when I started on the EU server and it took a while to find that the french tanks seem to suit me better, so I'm curious how my record would be.

I bet you'd do well.  From what I understand, the play is a bit more aggressive just not as aggressive as the RU server.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3783 on: August 17, 2013, 07:26:54 AM

This is coming out for the 360?  I keep getting messages telling me to join the beta.  Of course, I don't want to be a tank.  I'm waiting for World of Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesses. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3784 on: August 17, 2013, 08:32:34 AM

I'm waiting for World of Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesses. 

It used to be just that.  Sadly, they removed the T-50-2 last patch.   why so serious?

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3785 on: August 17, 2013, 11:39:50 AM

They still have the Batmobile!

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3786 on: August 17, 2013, 12:06:43 PM

They still have the Batmobile!

The grind to the batmobile makes grown men cry.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #3787 on: August 17, 2013, 02:34:53 PM

What the fuck is it with Sacred Valley? I would wager that at least a quarter of my matches since I started playing again were there. Have seen Pearl River twice, and the new Russian-named one once.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3788 on: August 17, 2013, 08:49:34 PM

wow, I thought I drew the short stick seeing Himmselsdorf all the time.  I'll take it over sacred valley that much.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3789 on: August 18, 2013, 01:47:38 AM

LMAO

After all my chat abuse I have been banned for a week. I almost certain I didn't threaten anyone, so I am dying to hear the rationale. Ticket filed.

e-

Wow. It is a huge handicap not being able to ping the map to alert the cretinous general populace to danger on the map. I would wager a chat ban is wrth nearly 1 full percentage in win rate. Or maybe I am a narcissistic fuckstick. Probably both.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 02:54:20 AM by WayAbvPar »

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #3790 on: August 18, 2013, 11:42:08 AM

LMAO

After all my chat abuse I have been banned for a week. I almost certain I didn't threaten anyone, so I am dying to hear the rationale. Ticket filed.

e-

Wow. It is a huge handicap not being able to ping the map to alert the cretinous general populace to danger on the map. I would wager a chat ban is wrth nearly 1 full percentage in win rate. Or maybe I am a narcissistic fuckstick. Probably both.

I'm surprised I've never been banned.  I can get pretty dickish when people are being fuck stupid, though I've never threatened physical violence.  Not that I didn't want to. Mob
WayAbvPar

Reply #3791 on: August 18, 2013, 01:03:24 PM

The claim is that I used derogatory language now. The threat to violence was apparently this-

WayAbvPar 2013-08-17 17:52:13
(2013-08-17 10:52:13) 0 now you are going to get raped and you deserve it

By which I of course meant that the 5 tanks that swarmed me while this jagoff was hiding 25 meters from base were now on the way to do the same to him. Had he supported my position we could have held it for quite awhile.

I don't care so much about the ban as much as the accusation of threatening real life violence. That is a far more serious issue than calling someone a cunt  awesome, for real

WayAbvPar

Reply #3792 on: August 18, 2013, 08:36:06 PM

Nebu- I see you talking in game but can't respond. Stop trolling me, you bastard!  awesome, for real

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3793 on: August 18, 2013, 08:45:41 PM

Nebu- I see you talking in game but can't respond. Stop trolling me, you bastard!  awesome, for real

Wasn't sure.  I'm laughing now though.

-  Mark Twain
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3794 on: August 19, 2013, 06:00:49 AM

Always be polite to people who are trying to kill you.

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3795 on: August 19, 2013, 08:20:59 AM

When does the 'day' start now? It used to be at 5PM PST. Is it midnight local time now or something? All my doubles are back and I last played like 12 hours ago.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3796 on: August 19, 2013, 08:39:19 AM

When does the 'day' start now? It used to be at 5PM PST. Is it midnight local time now or something? All my doubles are back and I last played like 12 hours ago.

Around 7:30am EST. I've started a match around that time with my 2X used from the day before and when the match is over it's refreshed.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3797 on: August 19, 2013, 10:10:51 AM

Around 7:30am EST. I've started a match around that time with my 2X used from the day before and when the match is over it's refreshed.

Yeah it was some logic about having it refresh when patch downtime typically is so you don't miss-out, blah blah blah.

Net effect of nothing other than being able to catch-up on your 2x in the morning on weekends instead of having to do it at night.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3798 on: August 19, 2013, 10:11:53 AM

I thought they did it because people were getting an extra weekend bonus if they timed things right. 

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #3799 on: August 19, 2013, 05:23:15 PM

Victory!
Battle: Pearl River Monday, August 19, 2013 5:14:46 PM
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 3,522 (x2)
Credits received: 105,981
Battle Achievements: Steel Wall

Been quite a while since I had a 100k game. Felt nice.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3800 on: August 19, 2013, 06:30:39 PM

I just put up 6200 damage in a loss.  Not happy.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #3801 on: August 19, 2013, 09:06:37 PM

Ouch. I just had 1524 XP in my T21, which usually lasts about 45 seconds per battle. Had a clueless 50 120 go across the square in Himmelsdorf let me shoot in in the side about 10 times and solo-kill him  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

And a few rounds later, this-

Defeat
Battle: Steppes Monday, August 19, 2013 10:03:24 PM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 808
Credits received: 89,835
Battle Achievements: Sniper

Sigh.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 10:12:12 PM by WayAbvPar »

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3802 on: August 20, 2013, 07:30:08 AM

Comment on WOT for Xbox Beta on another form

Yeah. Its horrible!
Mini map is crap, click thumbsticks to change zoom level, gun flash in sniper mode, tank takes up half the screen when your driving, cant individually upgrade modules (you buy upgrade packages with xp). It feels like its been dumbed down...aimed at kids, almost!! Its little more than cod for tanks now. It is only beta, so ill give the benefit of doubt til final release!

maybe they should set it to use Kinect...  why so serious?

*edit* been playing Artillery a bit as my ping is generally atrocious, but it dosent seem to affect arty that much. Actually been enjoying it quite a bit. Bought a Hummel as I unlocked it ages ago, and dicking around with the tier 4 french arty.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 07:34:44 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3803 on: August 20, 2013, 08:54:55 AM

I have played a few games as arty after my initial test to see how badly they have been nerfed. Load times and aim times are atrocious, but the actual accuracy isn't really that much different. Had a couple of 4 kill games in my M40/43  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Had an amazing and wondrous experience last night. Playing on Mountain Pass from the south. Started off at the corner below the ice road in my T34, but then had to lumber back around past our flag to defend a breakthrough at the bridge. Then the ice road defense fell, so I went back to the flag and traded shots with 4 tanks on our cap before I died. Gave our push enough time to get on the cap and win. Then had our arty actually thank me and tell the rest of the team that I won the game for us. I was shocked that A) someone actually noticed, and B) was gracious enough to say something. And of course I am chat-banned so I couldn't respond  Ohhhhh, I see.

For the 30 kill daily mission- that is 30 kills in one vehicle, yes? Was tired last night, and stopped playing about 11:30PM. Looked at my daily stats and saw I was really close to 30 kills in Tier 4+ vehicles, so I went back in the game to try to get the bonus. 5 games in a row without a kill (of course), and then had a 5 kill game in my IS and a pair of 3 kill games in my T-58. Nothing. Then I re-read the requirements and got the sinking feeling that it was 30 in one tank.  Facepalm

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3804 on: August 20, 2013, 08:57:03 AM

For the 30 kill daily mission- that is 30 kills in one vehicle, yes? Was tired last night, and stopped playing about 11:30PM. Looked at my daily stats and saw I was really close to 30 kills in Tier 4+ vehicles, so I went back in the game to try to get the bonus. 5 games in a row without a kill (of course), and then had a 5 kill game in my IS and a pair of 3 kill games in my T-58. Nothing. Then I re-read the requirements and got the sinking feeling that it was 30 in one tank.  Facepalm

It's 30 kills over all vehicles.  I think they have to be tier 4 or higher. Should take you 15-20 matches.

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #3805 on: August 20, 2013, 09:14:38 AM

I wonder if I got it earlier and didn't notice, because i was at like 40 kills according to my records.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:16:56 AM by WayAbvPar »

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3806 on: August 20, 2013, 09:21:39 AM

I wonder if I got it earlier and didn't notice, because i was at like 40 kills according to my records.

I sometimes miss it if I'm playing my T69.  I spew so many gold rounds that a 3k damage win still costs me 40k credits.

-  Mark Twain
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3807 on: August 20, 2013, 09:54:39 AM

It's 30 kills over all vehicles.  I think they have to be tier 4 or higher. Should take you 15-20 matches.

It's 30 kills while you're in a tier IV or higher. so grab a tier 4 tank that gets good matchmaking and club those seals!

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3808 on: August 20, 2013, 10:21:41 AM

It's 30 kills while you're in a tier IV or higher. so grab a tier 4 tank that gets good matchmaking and club those seals!

Better yet, get in a tier 8-10 and do the 30 kill and 3k damage mission at the same time.  The 3x crew xp is awesome!

-  Mark Twain
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #3809 on: August 20, 2013, 11:30:53 AM

And once again I'm reminded how much I suck.

If I get 10 kills across 20 games I'm happy.  I rarely end games alive or with kills. Doesn't help I don't drive LOLALPHASTRIKE vehicles or the ones I do, like the T34, have shit matchmaking 80% of the time and slow reload times.

"Oh look, that T110 is almost dead... aaand he's fired on right before I hit fire and now I have another reload cycle."

WayAbvPar

Reply #3810 on: August 20, 2013, 11:54:49 AM

Better yet, get in a tier 8-10 and do the 30 kill and 3k damage mission at the same time.  The 3x crew xp is awesome!

Is the 3k damage one still active? I have hit that a few times but haven't seen any notifications. Or noticed them, at any rate.

Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3811 on: August 20, 2013, 12:09:17 PM

I don't think you get notice.  You just get 3K additional xp for crew. 

That is if it's working...  ACK!

-  Mark Twain
WayAbvPar

Reply #3812 on: August 23, 2013, 03:53:38 PM

ictory!
Battle: Murovanka Friday, August 23, 2013 3:42:34 PM
Vehicle: T34
Experience received: 1,866
Credits received: 413,809
Battle Achievements: Sniper

Almost crapped and then realized that is was the $300k bonus. Still a nice game though. 3.5k damage  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3813 on: August 24, 2013, 03:16:18 AM

They are having a times 5 special this weekend. The idiot teams and idiots with premium ammo are out in their droves.

I had one of my best games ever yesterday. 4500 damage. 4 kills. Result of the match? Draw. AAARGHHH!!

Hic sunt dracones.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3814 on: August 24, 2013, 08:51:22 AM

They are having a times 5 special this weekend. The idiot teams and idiots with premium ammo are out in their droves.

I had one of my best games ever yesterday. 4500 damage. 4 kills. Result of the match? Draw. AAARGHHH!!

No 5x for us on the NA server.  We get the idiots on our team at regular rates.

-  Mark Twain
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 167 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: World of Tanks  
Jump to: